UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Show blood that hunts to?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Georgiahoundman
New UKC Forum Member

Show blood that hunts to?

Has anyone ever had a show dog that was bred for showing but still was a tree dog? Have an 11 month old have had him since 8 weeks old. Been at it with him in the woods. He runs a track no issues at all. Doesn’t hunt with other dogs unless the track is hot mainly stays by himself. Doesn’t open up a whole lot unless it’s hot. Still hasn’t treed. I know he’s still young. His bottom side is all hunting dogs but his top side is all show dogs. Just wondering if I need to make him a house dog and take my loss.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-20-2018 06:21 PM
Georgiahoundman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Georgiahoundman Click here to Send Georgiahoundman a Private Message Click Here to Email Georgiahoundman Find more posts by Georgiahoundman Add Georgiahoundman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

We hunt what we show & Show what we hunt,
Broken road Kennels, check out our You tube channel,
And I do have a post on here.

PKC SCH UKC DUAL GRAND TOUCAN SAM SEMEN

Also home to;ACHA LWSCH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ Sire is Kentucky River Rowdy (frozen Semen) BMOB 2013 Winter Classic
House's Lipper Hope x Kentucky River Rowdy
Broken Road's LITTLE TEXAS
LIPPERS STYLISH ROOSTER AT STUD
LIPPERS LITTLE TEXAS AT STUD.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you

Old Post 08-20-2018 07:58 PM
Doug Bowers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Bowers Click here to Send Doug Bowers a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Bowers Find more posts by Doug Bowers Add Doug Bowers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

I had a Black and Tan that came from all show stock. Autumn Oaks ,World show. She was an absolute joy to hunt.She finished in top 10 show dogs one year. Pa 2009 show dog of year.
Hard chop mouth stay put tree dog.
Ran and treed on first scent at 7 1/2 weeks old.Was running and treeing alone at 1 1/2 years old. Her first kill season ,I saw every coon except one and it might have been there .It was a huge tree.
I started several pups with her.
She is in my signature below.Little Black Book. Died of kidney failure at 8 years old.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Old Post 08-21-2018 12:40 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Georgiahoundman
New UKC Forum Member

Yeah I’m just debating when it’s time to quit fooling with him. He’s in the woods 2-3 nights a week. Very smart dog just doesn’t seem interested enough in it. He loves a hot trail but almost all dogs love a hot trail. He still wants to play a lot. He’s a laid back big puppy. I have high hopes for him just dunno at 11 months old. I own his sister and showed her her first coon tail today and she was 100% dedicated to it. He isn’t that way. Now a coon in a cage he will do his best to tear that cage apart and get the coon. Last week he got on a tree barked and the dogs came right into it and treed on it with a coon in it. Idk what to think about him.

Old Post 08-22-2018 03:17 AM
Georgiahoundman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Georgiahoundman Click here to Send Georgiahoundman a Private Message Click Here to Email Georgiahoundman Find more posts by Georgiahoundman Add Georgiahoundman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

BEST I EVER HAD DIDNT START TREEING TILL 15 MO

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 08-22-2018 05:51 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rowdykidz
UKC Forum Member

Hang onto him a bit more and focus more on drags and less on live coons. Some dogs take a little longer than others for that light bulb to come on and click for them

Old Post 08-22-2018 11:55 PM
rowdykidz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rowdykidz Click here to Send rowdykidz a Private Message Click Here to Email rowdykidz Find more posts by rowdykidz Add rowdykidz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Georgiahoundman
New UKC Forum Member

He isn’t going anywhere. He is my buddy. Everyone thought he was gonna start about 6 months ago. I think I started him to young. Cause we thought when he was 5-6
Months old he was about to be treeing.

Old Post 08-23-2018 12:30 AM
wjoey
Banned

where in ga are you? we once had a world show champion named mundo he was a nt ch too and was a pretty fair dog just not mean enough at that time to win big hunts

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Last edited by wjoey on 08-24-2018 at 02:27 AM

Old Post 08-23-2018 01:21 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hobo has show dogs that wins hunts. Dave

Old Post 08-23-2018 01:37 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Georgiahoundman
New UKC Forum Member

I’m about 1 1/2 hours south of lafayatte wjoey

Old Post 08-23-2018 01:49 AM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I have a bench champion that treed a coon last week. Does that count?

Old Post 08-23-2018 03:05 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

H. L. Meyer had a B&T male that won the UKC World Show. I hunted with him a couple of times and he could have eaten my feed. I don't know his bloodlines.

Old Post 08-23-2018 06:21 PM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote