UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Over 15 Years of My Fireball Line.
Pages (53): « First ... « 41 42 [43] 44 45 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Tree Daisy! Got several pics this time since I had some help

Well got my ol friend Dusty who has been hunting with me since he was 11, almost been 20 years we've been hunting together now, to go turn the hounds loose with me. Had a great time and got to see em tree a few. First drop Kitty struck first, Daisy treed first. They were split treed. Daisy was treeing up in the air. Still working on getting her to tree on the tree, all the time, when she is winding them. She likes to sit down and tree where she smells the coon in the air, if she doesn't trail it to the tree. Like I've said before she needs to track to tree for sure. They were both in a bunch of muscadine vines. The way Daisy was acting pretty sure we were in a whole bunch of kittens eating on the muscadines. Anyway we looked a little but not for long since I was pretty sure they were treeing kittens and they were in a viney mess. This was the tree Daisy decided it must be up.

We pulled them up turned them again. Daisy got deeeeeep struck first, then it was tracking system time. Well after chasing them for about 3/4 of a mile, in the opposite direction from where they struck, they got treed. They were sure covering some ground. Had the meat at the top and it wasn't a kitten. So Dusty got to shoot his first coon treed by some of my hounds in a while. Thanks for the coon the other day and thanks for handling the hounds for me tonight. I'm sure I'll still be laid up for a few days but it was sure worth it.

Daisy sure loves fighting them coons, the grittier the better. They may be fat and out of shape but they will both sure tree some coons.

And the closest ones alive to GrNtCh Oklahoma Twister (the #1 reproducing son of Fireball) and GrNtCh Yellow River Rocky (the #2 reproducing son of Fireball) . Thanks to alot of help from my friends.

Handler of:
NtCh GrCh "PR" Dan Langston (Has 2 wins towards GrNtCh in the hunts) ( 10yr old owner asked for me to bring him back to his home) (wouldn't sell) (Ch D8 Dozer (bear hound from all coondog stock, out of my breeding) x NtCh Music/ Kitty) (33% Fireball thru heavy line breeding the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded hound alive, who is hunt titled )

Home of:
'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady (GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry x GrCh Daisy (was the highest Fireball blooded female alive)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Toes ('PR' Atomic Fireball's Fast Talker (nephew to Bookem Danno) x 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Dixie (NtCh GrCh. 'PR' Dan Langston x 'PR'Harry Lady)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Two Toes (NtCh GrCh Dan Langston x Atomic Fireball's Toes
Didn't have the deep hunt style I like but is a solid coonhound. Been treeing her own since her second night in the woods at 8 months old.

Former home of:
(Qualified for the 2011 World Hunt) NtCh. 'PR'Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty RIP (NtCh.Twister's Musical Red Huey x NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon) RIP

GrNtCh Fireball's Jackpot Jackie, highest placing Redbone female ever, in the UKC World Hunt . RIP

GrCh. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy RIP (Was the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded female in the world at the time) (Qualified for the 2010 World Show).

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Red River (Daisy x Brown's Oklahoma Twister) RIP (heatstroke)

Ch. D-8 Dozer (Was the Highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball blooded male in the world until I had the GrNtCh Twister pups from here) Was sent to be bear hunted because of his size and me being disabled. RIP

First and only sons of the Old GrNtCh #7 Historical Reproducer Brown's Okl. Twister (the #1 Producing Son of Fireball) in 15 years..

http://atomicfireballkennels.webs.com/
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=341228
Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 07-13-2012 at 12:55 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-12-2012 09:12 AM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davecat
Banned

Hey

Truck overheated between Milwaukee and Chicago. I pulled the thermostat and it overheated again. Got a tow truck to pull us to a truck stop for 250 bucks. Then paid a taxi 50 bucks to take me to Uhaul. Paid them 250 bucks to rent a truck and truck dolley. Pulled the truck back home. Frost plug was leaking. Then Emmet pulled a tube out of his stomach and required surgery and Luannes uncle died and I got results fron a culture that I have 3 different types of infections going on. I thinks thats all, oh and my new cell phone puked on me. Other than that, nothing is new. So its off to a wake and funeral. Luannes uncle was also her godfather and was a super nice guy. He was a farmer for most his life. He said he didnt feel good, laid down and never woke up. He just had a hip replacement and they believe a blood clott lodged in his heart. Had Dozer coon hunting and hes in good shape. I sure like that big dog. How did you do at red days?

Rockin Red redbones & True Spirit Taxidermy We hunt Redbones on bear with great success. Guaranteed bear hunts available. Wolf hunts coming soon. Male dogs- Rockin Red Ciscoe IV, Ch. Atomic Fireballs D8 Dozer, Jabos Red Hanker Chief, Atomic Fireballs Rockin Red Kid Rock. Females Angel Fire & Sweet Potato Annie - I use Spektrum lites, lite, bright and dependable and says charge for 3 nites of hunting.

Old Post 07-12-2012 03:22 PM
davecat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davecat Click here to Send davecat a Private Message Click Here to Email davecat Visit davecat's homepage! Find more posts by davecat Add davecat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

I was wondering.

I tried calling a few times and left a message or two. Never heard from you so figured something must have happened. No big deal hate to hear about all the crazy stuff you had go on. You've got to get one of these super tough, water proof, phones. They aren't cheap but will cost you less in the end. I haven't had to get a new phone in years and before I couldn't get the cheap ones to last but about 6 months.
Redbone Days went real well. I had a great time visting with all my friends there and sure appeciate Dean putting me up. That A/C at night was sure nice in that heat. I saw several people there I had helped out and got to visit with alot of those who had helped me out. I would say by far this was the best Redbone Days for me that I have been too. It was great and the dicussions were even better.
I was going to hunt Kitty Thurs. night but then I realized on the way up that Thurs. wasn't a liscensed hunt. So I hunted Fri. night. Kitty looked real good considering she hadn't been hunted but about 4 or 5 times since the World Hunt Zones last year. She treed 2 coons, one by herself during a timeout, one in which she got first strike and first tree, and backed on a circle tree. We had to go a ways on both coon she showed me but she was showing me coons. One of the cast members a redbone guy said they hadn't seen a single coon the night before. Kitty made em walk though. The one on the card she got first strike at about a quarter of a mile and ran it another mile and a quarter before she put it up. The other coon she treed about a half mile from where she struck. In fact she looked so good that I decided not to sell her. I'm going to try and finish her myself. The plan is to hunt everyother week or so on just a Fri. night so I have the whole weekend to hopefully recooperate from the 2 hour night hunt. I'll still be pretty locked up but as long as I can open my mouth and my jaw doesn't get locked up like it has been then I can teach. I'm going to hunt her up a little and then give it a try. Hopefully, I'll get a few wins before the next neck surgery and then can finish her after I recooperate from the surgery.
I just never figured that after she sat that long she would look as good as she did. I really think she just hasn't really been hunted a bunch until I got her becuase she now looks about like when I stopped hunting her before. Just fat and out of shape.

And the closest ones alive to GrNtCh Oklahoma Twister (the #1 reproducing son of Fireball) and GrNtCh Yellow River Rocky (the #2 reproducing son of Fireball) . Thanks to alot of help from my friends.

Handler of:
NtCh GrCh "PR" Dan Langston (Has 2 wins towards GrNtCh in the hunts) ( 10yr old owner asked for me to bring him back to his home) (wouldn't sell) (Ch D8 Dozer (bear hound from all coondog stock, out of my breeding) x NtCh Music/ Kitty) (33% Fireball thru heavy line breeding the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded hound alive, who is hunt titled )

Home of:
'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady (GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry x GrCh Daisy (was the highest Fireball blooded female alive)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Toes ('PR' Atomic Fireball's Fast Talker (nephew to Bookem Danno) x 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Dixie (NtCh GrCh. 'PR' Dan Langston x 'PR'Harry Lady)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Two Toes (NtCh GrCh Dan Langston x Atomic Fireball's Toes
Didn't have the deep hunt style I like but is a solid coonhound. Been treeing her own since her second night in the woods at 8 months old.

Former home of:
(Qualified for the 2011 World Hunt) NtCh. 'PR'Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty RIP (NtCh.Twister's Musical Red Huey x NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon) RIP

GrNtCh Fireball's Jackpot Jackie, highest placing Redbone female ever, in the UKC World Hunt . RIP

GrCh. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy RIP (Was the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded female in the world at the time) (Qualified for the 2010 World Show).

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Red River (Daisy x Brown's Oklahoma Twister) RIP (heatstroke)

Ch. D-8 Dozer (Was the Highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball blooded male in the world until I had the GrNtCh Twister pups from here) Was sent to be bear hunted because of his size and me being disabled. RIP

First and only sons of the Old GrNtCh #7 Historical Reproducer Brown's Okl. Twister (the #1 Producing Son of Fireball) in 15 years..

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 07-13-2012 at 12:53 AM

Old Post 07-13-2012 12:49 AM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

Had a blast

Its was great getting back in the woods even after all the set backs before the hunt. Sure glad we had the 4 wheelers cause it cut down on ALOT of walking that we would have done and had it not been for the tracking system we would have been there a whole trying to hear them.

Be sure the lights are charged up and we will deffinately try and go again soon I'll be sure and get us some stuff to keep them ticks off of ya.

Like I said I'm off most every other weekend so any time you wanna try and go just let me know

Old Post 07-13-2012 01:44 AM
townsendhpd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for townsendhpd Click here to Send townsendhpd a Private Message Find more posts by townsendhpd Add townsendhpd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davecat
Banned

i still never

replaced my phone. I always get the cheapest ones. Didnt even know they had a water proof one. Ill check into that. Was going to bearhunt this weekend but with a wake and funeral it will have to be put on hold. Travis has been hunting Dozer and Angel on a small island up north. The coon always leave the island and swim back to the mainland. Only thing is the island is full of burning nettle. I call it itch weed. Ill call you sunday afternoon if i can remember to. Trying to get the house ready to sell and get into a place more suitable. Take care.

Rockin Red redbones & True Spirit Taxidermy We hunt Redbones on bear with great success. Guaranteed bear hunts available. Wolf hunts coming soon. Male dogs- Rockin Red Ciscoe IV, Ch. Atomic Fireballs D8 Dozer, Jabos Red Hanker Chief, Atomic Fireballs Rockin Red Kid Rock. Females Angel Fire & Sweet Potato Annie - I use Spektrum lites, lite, bright and dependable and says charge for 3 nites of hunting.

Old Post 07-13-2012 06:01 PM
davecat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davecat Click here to Send davecat a Private Message Click Here to Email davecat Visit davecat's homepage! Find more posts by davecat Add davecat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: Had a blast

quote:
Originally posted by townsendhpd
Its was great getting back in the woods even after all the set backs before the hunt. Sure glad we had the 4 wheelers cause it cut down on ALOT of walking that we would have done and had it not been for the tracking system we would have been there a whole trying to hear them.

Be sure the lights are charged up and we will deffinately try and go again soon I'll be sure and get us some stuff to keep them ticks off of ya.

Like I said I'm off most every other weekend so any time you wanna try and go just let me know

Yeah never figured on having a flat before we even hit the woods. Next time we'll carry one of the pups to see what they do. After the issues before hand I just wanted to turn em loose and tree some coon. I was hoping for an easier hunt but I never figured we'd have as easy of a hunt as we did. Shoot with the 4-wheelers we barely had to walk 200 yards in the whole night. Just makes it hard to hear them while you're driving. Just wait until I get a Garmin tracking system. Sure is a shame all the hounds that got lost around here back before becuase we didn't have a tracking system. Got the lights charged all up now. It's been months since I charged that LED light, not any small wonder it was getting low. Crazy that a light can last as long as they can now. Yeah them seed ticks was covering me from head to toe. I had the bleach bath so strong I couldn't hardly breath. Hey let's plan on it. It you can help me handle the hounds then I should be able to walk thru the woods as long as we aren't out there to long. Might try to talk you into going to some competitions with me. Need to send that letter in to UKC to get it approved for someone else to handle the dog while I call it. Of course once I get my next neck sugery then we should really be ready to roll.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 07-15-2012 05:43 AM
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

Birthday present

Well guess what I got for my birthday? A blue dog! Guess my wife got tired of hearing me talking about me missing having my own dog that she agreed to me getting a bluetick. Went and picked out a 4 month old female from Adam Rogers hoss dog and a smokey river utchman cross female.

Old Post 07-18-2012 06:18 PM
townsendhpd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for townsendhpd Click here to Send townsendhpd a Private Message Find more posts by townsendhpd Add townsendhpd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Hey sounds good.

Looks like I'll be helping ya train another Bluetick. Now I know you don't like chasing these crazy quick, fly thru the woods, competition Redbones I've got but that one thier might make a fairly easy dog to hunt plus something that could win in competition. You know me I just like something that goes for competition. It's crazy to me to see people complain about Redbones that don't have enough hunt. As you know with the one you had and the others of mine you've seen go. The only trouble we ever have is keeping up with em. It's hard to believe how many of these have been lost to cars and to distance. Few and far between do we have one of these Redbones that doesn't hunt, hard and far. Glad to have ya back in the game!

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 07-21-2012 04:02 AM
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

Lol

Naw I enjoy chasing them dogs and there deffinately isn't any reverse on them. Figured by the time this pup gets going we might could hit up some hunts with her and your lil Annie since there isn't much age difference maybe we could luck up and draw out together.
I worked some overtime tonight and wouldn't you know as I was parking my car to leave an ole sow came walking through the parking lot with about 4 good size kittens. I threw a light on them and got one kitten separated from the rest and in a little pear tree but by the time I got the key to the animal control truck so I could get a catch pole and some gloves it had slipped away. They say they are there almost every night so I'm going to try and see if I can catch one next weekend if so I'll let you know and we can let the pups get after it.

Old Post 07-21-2012 08:04 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Hey if it's small enough...

We could put it in this cage I've got here at the house. It's all fixed up and give you easy access to the coon to pull them out. Then we could reuse it. Of course it'll be big enough we won't be able to tame it but we could just release it later. It's old enough now it'll be fine in the woods.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 07-24-2012 06:13 PM
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

Well I had one

Had a coin for us but it didn't make it a day wouldn't drink any of the water I gave it and I guess the heat got to it. I got to mess with my pup the day after I got it and it was dead the next. The first time she seen it she wasn't to sure at first but she got after it pretty good but when I messed with her with it dead it was a different ball game. She stood right over the top of it and was chopping about 90 barks a min. Hopefully I'll get another one pretty soon and I'll bring the coon and pup over and we can turn it loose on yours and her and see what we can do.

Old Post 07-27-2012 03:28 AM
tylerman
UKC Forum Member

Steve...getting Dan used to the run of the place...he has a horn when he uses it....working with come & lead.

**We can START your puppy**

The natural quick starters make us all look good while others require a little more patience and effort. Whatever it takes to get your pup started, that's what I'm gonna do.

Call for reservations or references.
574-709-9205
Camden Indiana

Mark-thanks for the ZEPPS

NT CH. CH. PR NEON RED FIRM FANNY -(gr.nt.ch grch Hard Rock/ntch snakeden hollow Jane)

NT CH PR COLLINS NEON RED DOC DA QUEENY -grch ntch desperado/queen

NT CH SH CH pr 3D

NTCH PR Rocky Top Neon Red Cayenne-grntch peels burning pepper/dykes tn. red autumn

NTCH pr Mosquito Creek Faith-grntch squeller/mosquito creek red rose

NTCH pr Neon Red Barnyard Hot Tody....grntch harry x grntch toadie

NTCH pr Peels Neon Red Nuclear Pepper

Neon Red Stump...Grntch barnyard horse Harry x Ntch rockytop neon red Cayenne

Neon Red Blood ...grntch barnyard gun

Neon Red Doc Tody...ntch yellow river doc x ntch neon red hot tody

Newby...ntch 3D x Ntch rockytop neon red Cayenne

Old Post 07-27-2012 03:54 AM
tylerman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tylerman Click here to Send tylerman a Private Message Click Here to Email tylerman Find more posts by tylerman Add tylerman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: Well I had one

quote:
Originally posted by townsendhpd
Had a coin for us but it didn't make it a day wouldn't drink any of the water I gave it and I guess the heat got to it. I got to mess with my pup the day after I got it and it was dead the next. The first time she seen it she wasn't to sure at first but she got after it pretty good but when I messed with her with it dead it was a different ball game. She stood right over the top of it and was chopping about 90 barks a min. Hopefully I'll get another one pretty soon and I'll bring the coon and pup over and we can turn it loose on yours and her and see what we can do.

Well that stinks but that happens. Glad your pup is doing good for ya. I'm sure we can get that one going just fine for ya. Of course at this point you pretty well know what ya need to do with it. Glad to have ya back around.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 07-28-2012 07:27 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by tylerman
Steve...getting Dan used to the run of the place...he has a horn when he uses it....working with come & lead.

Sounds good you know I need him to handle well. Yeah he does that whining stuff like his mom when he's just sitting around but he's got a decent voice when he opens up, at something.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 07-28-2012 07:29 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Well finally made it back from warm Col. :) highs in the upper 70's lows in the 40's.

Bumped my head during the week on the back hatch of the Subaru which put me out for a few days and put me behind getting back but I'm back.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 07-30-2012 05:48 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Had fun

Caught my first Brooke Trout both about 10 inches which for those isn't bad.

Seen a Bald Eagle a couple of times.

Checked out what looked like an Indian head from the last time I was out there and come to find out this area was an old Ute Indian hunting grounds. I don't know but think I'll let some of my old proffessors from college look at it to see what they think.

Overall had a nice time, cool weather couldn't have been better, got to camp out on the lake, caught some trout, seen alot of wildlife and even got in a train ride.

Sure wishing it was the mid 70's here.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 07-30-2012 07:31 PM
davecat
Banned

update on queen

She just wont do it. Shes the only Redbone Ive seen in my whole life that doesnt have hardly any hunt in her. She will be my neice and nephews pet. Shes had every chance and then some. She will go a few hundred yards and thats it. Thats one sire I would never get a pup from. She will have a good life as a pet and wont be bred, thats for sure. Unless my brother does something stupid again. She should get spayed. Not much else new here. Wife has complications from her surgery but is slowly getting a little better. (blood clotts) My leg is preventing me from hunting. Other than that all is ok. Its tough getting old sometimes. have a hunt coming up in a couple weeks. I cant hunt but my partner will give it a go again. I quit fishing also (lol) cuz I cant seem to catch anything over bait size. Cant eat the fish out of the river here anyway. Take care

Old Post 07-30-2012 07:34 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: update on queen

quote:
Originally posted by davecat
She just wont do it. Shes the only Redbone Ive seen in my whole life that doesnt have hardly any hunt in her. She will be my neice and nephews pet. Shes had every chance and then some. She will go a few hundred yards and thats it. Thats one sire I would never get a pup from. She will have a good life as a pet and wont be bred, thats for sure. Unless my brother does something stupid again. She should get spayed. Not much else new here. Wife has complications from her surgery but is slowly getting a little better. (blood clotts) My leg is preventing me from hunting. Other than that all is ok. Its tough getting old sometimes. have a hunt coming up in a couple weeks. I cant hunt but my partner will give it a go again. I quit fishing also (lol) cuz I cant seem to catch anything over bait size. Cant eat the fish out of the river here anyway. Take care

Well I got her for free and gave her to you for free so I guess that's what free gets us. I really thought from what I saw of her she would be alright. I don't think it's the sires fault in this case though. I've heard from several that her mom didn't hunt the best and non at all at times. I was hoping that the sires side would take over on that but sounds like probably not. O well. That sire has produced some nice hounds, several with titles, and some that I know will really gooo. It's some more of that stuff where if you breed a weakness like that in a female chances are that it will show up in at least some the pups.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 07-30-2012 at 08:21 PM

Old Post 07-30-2012 07:45 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Daisy x Harry pup update

Well I've ran down 8 of the 10 pups. There is one that's not getting after caged coons and treeing them. There are two that are treeing turn loose coons. My female and one of the males. These are the only ones I know of that have had a coon turned loose on them to tree and been really show what to do on that at all. I plan to try and run down the other two before long. The male that is treeing turn loose coon has been out hunting and went over a mile by himself, left the pup trainer behind. Neither him or the pup trainer treed a coon but he was hunting hard.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 07-30-2012 08:17 PM
davecat
Banned

i dont

remember the sires name and dont really care. lol The pups we trained (hunted)for a big game hunter all turned out good and the male who is Ciscoe IIIs litermate got tore up bad Sunday. Hes a speed demon with grit. Got bit thru the sack, anus and chest and front legs. He will be 2 next march. We took a liking to the pups and I hope this settles the male down. They fought the bear for 8 miles and they had to pull the pup off. Free dogs are not usually too bad for us and they usually always turn out but Queen just didnt have it in her I guess. Maybe its the dams doings? After last summer I thought she would be ok but when they leave them on the chain and dont hunt them, this is what happens. Mikes only treed 5 bear so far. Without mine there, they cant put them up. lol Good for him and I hope he doesnt tree another one all summer. These so called coon dogs here can do a better job than his strictly bear dogs. We are heading 4 hours from here next weekend to the Minn. border to chase a few bear. Will let you know how it goes. Dozer will be leading the pack along with Chief, Angel and Ciscoe. Take care. Dozer sure is a good bear hound and loves fighting the big ones on the ground. He has escaped getting bit but has been rolled over a few times and that makes him madder yet, but cautious also. We sure do love that big dog. He is like a dog on a mission when bearhunting. lol

Old Post 07-31-2012 12:49 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: Daisy x Harry pup update

quote:
Originally posted by thecoondawg76
Well I've ran down 8 of the 10 pups. There is one that's not getting after caged coons and treeing them. There are two that are treeing turn loose coons. My female and one of the males. These are the only ones I know of that have had a coon turned loose on them to tree and been really show what to do on that at all. I plan to try and run down the other two before long. The male that is treeing turn loose coon has been out hunting and went over a mile by himself, left the pup trainer behind. Neither him or the pup trainer treed a coon but he was hunting hard.

Alright well I ran down the other two. Both of them are going after one in a cage. One is treeing up and one isn't quite yet. So looks like all but one is getting after them and most are treeing on them with two treeing turn loose coon. Not bad for the first litter I've really checked on at this young of an age. Only 6 months old and they are all going after coons but one. With two treeing coons that were turned loose in some of the worst weather in recorded history. Sure can't wait to see what happens this fall when we finally get some rain.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 07-31-2012 11:22 PM
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

Might have me a light

Hey man been searching through some sale sites on Facebook where people sell and trade. Found a guy that has a 21 volt blazer box light comes with spot light, belt, bump cap, 5100 head, and pop cover and to top ot off I pulled some Iraqi smooth talk on him and can get it for 150. Best yet it's never been used!!! Suppose to go check it out Friday to make sure it's what he is saying it is. Hopefully it turns out good!

On another note, waiting on another coon. Guess this heat has them laying up near whatever water they can find. Sure wish it would go on and start getting down in the 60s at night so we could pup these pups in the woods I'm ready to get back into this heavy

Old Post 08-01-2012 03:59 AM
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

Got one

Well got us another coon. This is a kitten but big enough to have some fight in it but not so big to intimidate a pup. Going to get it in the rolling cage before I leave work today. I'll get with you tomorrow and maybe come over or Friday evening to mess with them.

Old Post 08-01-2012 01:43 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Well you know you can use mine until ya get one. :)

Sounds good on the coon. Might be small enough we just turn it loose. We'll see what we got when I come over. This weekend sounds good for me. I was hoping to go to a hunt last weekend but didn't get back from Col. in time after I hit my head. I'd like to get a picture of Lady treeing this time. I just wanted to get her going last time. I'm not to worried about pictures but with all this technology people want to see pictures. To me it just gets in the way of training. I'm more concerned about my hounds. Let me know when ya get ready and I'll load up or you can come over here, to work the pups. I'm sure looking forword to getting some more neck surgery so I can hit it hard again this Winter. I might need you to go to the competitions with me to look up the trees though. I'll have a solid neck once this surgery is done, won't even be able to look to the side or up and down. That's going to look a little funny in the woods.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 08-02-2012 04:53 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Daisy x Harry pup update

quote:
Originally posted by thecoondawg76
Alright well I ran down the other two. Both of them are going after one in a cage. One is treeing up and one isn't quite yet. So looks like all but one is getting after them and most are treeing on them with two treeing turn loose coon. Not bad for the first litter I've really checked on at this young of an age. Only 6 months old and they are all going after coons but one. With two treeing coons that were turned loose in some of the worst weather in recorded history. Sure can't wait to see what happens this fall when we finally get some rain.

Vids and Pics of the pups I have so far.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 08-02-2012 04:57 AM