UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Registrations > treeing walkers
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

treeing walkers

how many treeing walkers are currently registered with u.k.c. ?. treeing walkers rank # 16 of all breeds that carry genes for autoimmune thyroiditis with 15.2 % affected . How many dogs are we talking about in the total population of treeing walkers today ?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-14-2018 05:02 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Russell Smith
Banned

This is a question for the Field Operations Department. I do not think we typically give this kind of information out, however.

Old Post 04-16-2018 01:05 PM
Russell Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Russell Smith Click here to Send Russell Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email Russell Smith Visit Russell Smith's homepage! Find more posts by Russell Smith Add Russell Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Russell Smith
This is a question for the Field Operations Department. I do not think we typically give this kind of information out, however.
i dont see a link for field operations.with the high instance of the walker breed being # 16 of all breeds i am curious to the total number of dogs affected .looking at the pedigree of my walker every breeding pair that shows on the top and bottom of her pedigree are on the .uk.c . top historical list or has litter mate to a dog on the list . so with autoimmune lymphatic thyroidisis being 80% to 90% genetic predisposed under your own breeders code of ethics should breeders be required to test before breeding pairs to protect the breeds health and shield buyers of pups and enter them in a data base . from 2003 to 2018 the treeing walker breeds ranking moved from # 18 to #16 on m.s.u. list of breeds .breeders have used pedigree study for years to remove and breed away from harmfull traits in breeding stock . i have included penny UKC # w397,016 for your study .looking at her pedigree i would say it would be near impossible to raise a litter of walker pups meeting the u.k.c. breeders code of ethics for health .

Last edited by thomasg on 04-16-2018 at 08:04 PM

Old Post 04-16-2018 03:17 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Russell Smith
Banned

I would recommend you send a written, signed request to us, to the attention of the Registration Department letting us know what information you need and why you need it. Be sure to sign and date your request and I would also include a good daytime phone number where you can be contacted.

Old Post 04-16-2018 06:51 PM
Russell Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Russell Smith Click here to Send Russell Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email Russell Smith Visit Russell Smith's homepage! Find more posts by Russell Smith Add Russell Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote