UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Club Structure
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Club Structure

Not that the new hunt format is in place. New rules that many think are positive. Lets look at the Local Clubs.

Is the proper format for Clubs in place for Small or Large Clubs to survive and grow. Or has that been overlooked and hopefully will take care of itself.

I am no expert but I think with the smaller clubs several things should be looked at. I say this because of know of one club 90 miles from me which is the second closest. That has had hunts for 50 years. This year is the first time that they had 3 different hunts with not enough dogs to hold the hunt.

First I think each club is limited to 7 hunts. Will that work or does than need to be adjusted, perhaps up. Paying the club license and then an additional $7.00 per dog. Any opinions on that.

Guess a method of perhaps smaller fees with larger numbers might bring in more money for UKC. My fear is these larger fees without number increase in the smaller clubs. Will spell the end of a lot of smaller clubs?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-10-2019 02:50 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Bruce I know of two new clubs that have just reopened they put them on a 3 hunt probation then they will look at ther numbers. I am opening up this one I only want three dates all will be double header minie slams all will be in cooler whether. Clubs are so far apart there will be no conflicting dates unlike in high club density areas. Now here is the reasons I see for some low numbers. Here where I am the weather for about 4 months a year it’s stinking hot ,hot !! In the spring it rains like crazy and floods everthing. So the fall and winter is the only predictable months that is a little bit predictable. And in high club density areas they fight for dates and you don’t have enough hunters to cover all the dates. Just my take on it.

When you schedule your hunts has everthing to do with turnout numbers.

Tar

Old Post 09-10-2019 03:15 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Re: Club Structure

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Not that the new hunt format is in place. New rules that many think are positive. Lets look at the Local Clubs.

Is the proper format for Clubs in place for Small or Large Clubs to survive and grow. Or has that been overlooked and hopefully will take care of itself.

I am no expert but I think with the smaller clubs several things should be looked at. I say this because of know of one club 90 miles from me which is the second closest. That has had hunts for 50 years. This year is the first time that they had 3 different hunts with not enough dogs to hold the hunt.

First I think each club is limited to 7 hunts. Will that work or does than need to be adjusted, perhaps up. Paying the club license and then an additional $7.00 per dog. Any opinions on that.

Guess a method of perhaps smaller fees with larger numbers might bring in more money for UKC. My fear is these larger fees without number increase in the smaller clubs. Will spell the end of a lot of smaller clubs?

Our club has always provided trophies or plaques, but with the fee increase we will have to look into cutting this. Also another thing that the extra fees will cut into is funding for our clubs kitchen. Example 10 dog hunt old ukc fee was $30 now it will be $70 not counting licence fees. So $40 that could of been used to buy more food is lost. Answer is to raise the entry fee, BUT you are hurting the hunter.

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Old Post 09-10-2019 09:06 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Why would the club not increase the entry for the hunt? Doesn't make any sense that a guy going to a competition coonhunt for fun cant spend $5 more.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 09-10-2019 09:33 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Depends on what you like I guess but if I am going to drive 16 hrs one way to a major hunt I will gladly give the extra $5 to have somthing there worth hunting for.

Tar

Old Post 09-11-2019 01:06 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Some clubs that have been in existence for 20-40 yrs are taken over by urban sprawl. I know of 2 that have been engulfed by subdivisions. There isn't a thing that UKC or the club can do about it. Clubs have to realistically look at how many QUALITY guides they have. If you only have 5 or 6, how are you going to have more than 5 or 6 casts at a hunt?

Old Post 09-11-2019 01:29 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Some clubs that have been in existence for 20-40 yrs are taken over by urban sprawl. I know of 2 that have been engulfed by subdivisions. There isn't a thing that UKC or the club can do about it. Clubs have to realistically look at how many QUALITY guides they have. If you only have 5 or 6, how are you going to have more than 5 or 6 casts at a hunt?

Same thing in south Georgia. Raising fees... That will hurt here more than help. The big vein has been pierced and bleeding is profound. Death for our clubs are eminent.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 09-11-2019 02:20 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
Same thing in south Georgia. Raising fees... That will hurt here more than help. The big vein has been pierced and bleeding is profound. Death for our clubs are eminent.

Rock the older guys here as excited as when they get free stuff coupons from McDonald’s in the mail. And that $200,000 has got the young ones on fire ! You got your testosterone checked lately ?

Tar

Old Post 09-11-2019 02:41 PM