UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Tip of the Day
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce M. Conkey

Garmin Tip of the Day

The older thread titled "Garmin Tip of the Day" had over 500 replies and close to 75,000 views. I cannot refresh it due to a problem with the server. Anyway there was a lot of good information there and I suggest if you have a question, to search for that thread as it solved many problems.

Lets try again. If you have a question, trick or shortcut you want to ask about or share post it here.

Last edited by on 08-02-2015 at 03:37 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-02-2015 03:33 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

Any tricks to keep pups from gnawing the antennae?

Old Post 08-03-2015 04:36 AM
Harry Middleton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Harry Middleton Click here to Send Harry Middleton a Private Message Find more posts by Harry Middleton Add Harry Middleton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jmiller85
UKC Forum Member

alpha

How do i set my alpha up to trace my tracks when im waking in to the tree

Old Post 08-03-2015 06:38 AM
Jmiller85 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jmiller85 Click here to Send Jmiller85 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jmiller85 Find more posts by Jmiller85 Add Jmiller85 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AppalachianBlue
UKC Forum Member

Took me awhile to figure this one out. But on the new collars if u wanna turn the blinkin lite on then u go to compass. Pick which dog has the collar hittin enter. Then hit menu and go down to the bottom of the list. Adjust collar light

Call or txt 443- 262-5663
www.facebook.com/appalachianblues
AppalachianBluesKennel@gmail.com

UKC WTDA Registered

Appalachian Blues Kennel
CH PR Walkin After Midnight
GRFCH GRCH NITECH PR Appalachian Blue Catfish HTX ( ACHA SC CHT TC )
- 2015 Qualified for World Show
- 2016 Performance Sire
- Final four Pink Hunt, 2nd place reg
- 2017 Performance Sire
NCH CH Pr Appalachian Blue Luna
GRFCH WCH Pr Appalachian Blue Raven

Mountain feist WTDA BNCH Meadow Mountain Joker

Chocolate Lab...Banjo. Waterfowl buddy.

Old Post 08-03-2015 03:38 PM
AppalachianBlue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AppalachianBlue Click here to Send AppalachianBlue a Private Message Click Here to Email AppalachianBlue Find more posts by AppalachianBlue Add AppalachianBlue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Mr. Miller

Mr Miller you can select SETUP from Home Page to start.
Scroll down in Steup to TRACKS (second page)
Then Select TRACK LOG
Select RECORD AND SHOW ON MAP

Now if you don't like the color of the track it is leaving you can go to the TRACK MANAGER from HOME page and change the color of the TRACK.

Old Post 08-03-2015 04:01 PM
Bruce M. Conkey

Here is something that I see happening around the country and would like to make you aware of it.

A lot of people are advertising ALPHA 100 COMBOS at low prices and what they are doing is selling you a ALPHA with a TT10 collar which has been discontinued.
In my opinion there is a big difference in the ALPHA packaged with the TT 10 and the TT 10 collar from the ALPHA and TT 15.

First the newer ALPHA handhelds have twice the internal memory. The TT15 hooks up to the GONASS Satellite System which gives you more satellites to keep you connected.

Old Post 08-03-2015 04:07 PM
huffman1988
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce M. Conkey
Here is something that I see happening around the country and would like to make you aware of it.

A lot of people are advertising ALPHA 100 COMBOS at low prices and what they are doing is selling you a ALPHA with a TT10 collar which has been discontinued.
In my opinion there is a big difference in the ALPHA packaged with the TT 10 and the TT 10 collar from the ALPHA and TT 15.

First the newer ALPHA handhelds have twice the internal memory. The TT15 hooks up to the GONASS Satellite System which gives you more satellites to keep you connected.

I almost bought one of those combos when I bought mine, but one of my buddies told me how much better the tt15 is. I thought I was getting a deal lol. I highly advise the Alpha with the tt15 best money I ever spent.

Old Post 08-03-2015 06:31 PM
huffman1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huffman1988 Click here to Send huffman1988 a Private Message Find more posts by huffman1988 Add huffman1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turnemloose97
UKC Forum Member

My 220 won't point to the direction of the dog what can I do about that

Old Post 08-03-2015 10:48 PM
turnemloose97 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for turnemloose97 Click here to Send turnemloose97 a Private Message Click Here to Email turnemloose97 Find more posts by turnemloose97 Add turnemloose97 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jmiller85
UKC Forum Member

alpha

Thanks Mr. Conkey I got it but now its showing all my tracks at least through the last month or so. Is there a way to delete my old tracks at the start of each hunt.

Old Post 08-04-2015 01:01 AM
Jmiller85 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jmiller85 Click here to Send Jmiller85 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jmiller85 Find more posts by Jmiller85 Add Jmiller85 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

There are several ways. Go to track manager and select current tracks and delete. Don't confuse dog tracks with your tracks. They are two different things and controlled differently. I suggest you scroll around in track manager and under tracks to learn what each option does for you.

Old Post 08-04-2015 02:40 AM
Bruce M. Conkey

Calibrate your compass first. If it isn't correct there may be an internal problem or the antenna your using if it folds over the side. My suggestion is to learn to track your dog from the map page and you will always know where it is

Old Post 08-04-2015 02:43 AM
mo river curs
UKC Forum Member

Can you link up two 320 in case you're buddy drops his

Old Post 08-04-2015 03:14 AM
mo river curs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mo river curs Click here to Send mo river curs a Private Message Click Here to Email mo river curs Find more posts by mo river curs Add mo river curs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Mr cur I am missing something. Are you asking if something can be hooked up to a 320. If so what what. All collars can. Or are you asking if a collar can be hooked up to two (2) 320's. Yes they can be hooked to as many as you want

Old Post 08-04-2015 03:54 AM
Slowpoke 2012
UKC Forum Member

T5 Collar

I have an alpha and my hunting buddy has a 320. When we both try to track the T5 at the same time it won't let us. It's either linked to his or mine. Is this normal or are we doing something wrong? Thanks Bruce.

PR. Missouri Hi-Dollar Slowpoke HTX

PR. Missouri Nite Hunt Hitman - R.I.P
08-08-2013 - 07-15-2015
Starved to death by a S.O.B named Austin Tibbits.

American Black and Tan Coon Hounds
----------------------------------------------------------

Nt.Ch. "PR." Wildside's BugEyed Betty (W)

Matthew Fann
816-565-1660

Old Post 08-04-2015 04:29 AM
Slowpoke 2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slowpoke 2012 Click here to Send Slowpoke 2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Slowpoke 2012 Find more posts by Slowpoke 2012 Add Slowpoke 2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
j shew
UKC Forum Member

Astro 320

I am on my second 320. I have to calibrate the compass several times each hunt. Both of them were like this. Any suggestions

Old Post 08-04-2015 06:36 AM
j shew is offline Click Here to See the Profile for j shew Click here to Send j shew a Private Message Click Here to Email j shew Find more posts by j shew Add j shew to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kordog
UKC Forum Member

Re: Astro 320

quote:
Originally posted by j shew
I am on my second 320. I have to calibrate the compass several times each hunt. Both of them were like this. Any suggestions
on map setup on the menu i run my 320 on north up instead of track up.maybe that is your dilemma im just guessing cause i have 2 320s that i thought it was the compass making the screen jump around.

Old Post 08-04-2015 10:57 AM
kordog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kordog Click here to Send kordog a Private Message Click Here to Email kordog Find more posts by kordog Add kordog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory McClain
UKC Forum Member

Re: T5 Collar

quote:
Originally posted by Slowpoke 2012
I have an alpha and my hunting buddy has a 320. When we both try to track the T5 at the same time it won't let us. It's either linked to his or mine. Is this normal or are we doing something wrong? Thanks Bruce.

From my understanding you cant track a collar with an Alpha and Astro at the same time. Why that is I have no clue.

Old Post 08-04-2015 02:16 PM
Cory McClain is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory McClain Click here to Send Cory McClain a Private Message Find more posts by Cory McClain Add Cory McClain to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Yes you cannot track a t5 or Tt15 at the same time on the alpha and 320.

I really don't understand all the compass calibration problems. I guess that is because I use the map page for tracking and in five years never used the compass page to find anything. At times my page will get off and I just calibrate then. I know temperature changes effects the compass. Sorry I can't help you with this one except if your using a folding metal antenna it folded over the side will effect the compass

Old Post 08-04-2015 03:28 PM
mo river curs
UKC Forum Member

Is there anyway to track another 320 if you're buddy drops his to find it

Old Post 08-04-2015 11:35 PM
mo river curs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mo river curs Click here to Send mo river curs a Private Message Click Here to Email mo river curs Find more posts by mo river curs Add mo river curs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mo river curs
Is there anyway to track another 320 if you're buddy drops his to find it
Only the Alpha can track another Alpha,,you cannot track a 320 to another 320

Old Post 08-04-2015 11:42 PM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
j shew
UKC Forum Member

Astro 320

it's the same with a rubber antenna or folding antenna. I thought it might have been my smart phone messing it up but I left it in the truck one night and the same thing happened

Old Post 08-05-2015 01:36 AM
j shew is offline Click Here to See the Profile for j shew Click here to Send j shew a Private Message Click Here to Email j shew Find more posts by j shew Add j shew to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Mr. Shew I don't have a clue as to what your problem is. I only calibrate mine when I can clearly see the map page is off as I know where North is most of the time and I use it on Track Up and if the North on the map page isn't correct then I calibrate it. Mine have always calibrated and showed North in the correct position after that.

Old Post 08-05-2015 12:59 PM
Tim MACHA
UKC Forum Member

Re: Astro 320

quote:
Originally posted by j shew
it's the same with a rubber antenna or folding antenna. I thought it might have been my smart phone messing it up but I left it in the truck one night and the same thing happened

Feel your pain. Last night I was trying to get out of a jungle and the map page was right on. Part way out, it completely reversed and showed south as north. Too hot and tired to recalibrate, so just had to keep aware of my direction.

Good people do not need laws to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws (Plato)

Old Post 08-05-2015 04:55 PM
Tim MACHA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim MACHA Click here to Send Tim MACHA a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim MACHA Find more posts by Tim MACHA Add Tim MACHA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Tim I know your pretty sharp on these things but with the alpha you touch the screen by the north arrow and it changes from track up to north up and vice versa. Touching the north indicator should have turned it back around.

Old Post 08-06-2015 02:52 AM
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

Bruce I've got one that has stumped me. There's four collars on my Alpha. I typically use just one when I go. I loaned it out the other night and now I see something on the screen I've never seen. My collars are labeled red, blu, org and T5. A couple of nights ago I was using red, org and blu at the same time. On the outer edge of the screen there was a green box with T5 on it. Last night I was using org and there was two boxes on the outer edge. One with red and the other with T5. Zooming in or out doesn't change it's location on the screen. The boxes don't stay in the same location on the screen, but are on the outside edges.
Also my partner got his new light in and used it for the first time last night. I gotta have one!!!!
Thanks a bunch, Harry

Old Post 08-06-2015 03:00 PM
Harry Middleton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Harry Middleton Click here to Send Harry Middleton a Private Message Find more posts by Harry Middleton Add Harry Middleton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote