UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hey any strange "encounters" while hunting?
Pages (23): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kris Cisna
UKC Forum Member

Last night my wife and I turned loose on state land. I decided to wait untill wel after dark to give the deer hunting people time to make tracks for home.

We showed up at the turn loose spot and low and behold a dang car was sitting in the lot. I checked it out and found a state hunting card in the windshield. We waited another 20 min and no one showed up. By this time it was an hour and a half after legal shooting hours.

I turned the dog loose and we sat and goofed around while the dog did his thing. I could hear the dog treed so we pulled out the Gamrnin handheld and headed in to him. 623 yards later we get to him and tie him back, shine the tree and see a coon.

Just as I was snapping the leed on the dog my wife freaks and screams out "WHAT THE H*&& IS THAT!!!".

I look up and a feller was in a climber scared to DEATH!
He is from a more urbanized city 30 miles North of here and when he heard the dog he thought it was a coyote. He said it kept getting closer and closer so he was going to wait it out.

Then he said when he saw flashing red lights from the tracking collar and saw it was a bloodhound. He just knew it was the DNR. He thought his wife was worried that he fell out of the tree or something and called them to come find him LOL!!!!!!!!

The feller said he fell asleep and the dog woke him up.

My wife surely made him feel silly cause she laughed her head off and hooted and hollerd all the way back to the truck!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-05-2011 01:47 AM
Kris Cisna is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kris Cisna Click here to Send Kris Cisna a Private Message Click Here to Email Kris Cisna Find more posts by Kris Cisna Add Kris Cisna to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D Seals
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 10-11-2011 04:46 PM
D Seals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D Seals Click here to Send D Seals a Private Message Click Here to Email D Seals Find more posts by D Seals Add D Seals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sparky
UKC Forum Member

Have caught several people taking care of each others needs. Been caught myself, can be a little awkward when you know them.lol.

Found cops sleeping on the job, I'd do it too if I could. Had a real hard going dog one time that came back on a dead sprint and crawled underneath the truck. Don't know why he did but I didn't stick around to find out why. Coyotes following you to trees will sure scare the crappy out of you.

Old Post 10-11-2011 08:15 PM
Sparky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sparky Click here to Send Sparky a Private Message Click Here to Email Sparky Find more posts by Sparky Add Sparky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjenn222
UKC Forum Member

they say bigfoot makes a tree hitting sound..guess i wont be hunting near you anytime soon

Old Post 10-24-2011 03:40 AM
cjenn222 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjenn222 Click here to Send cjenn222 a Private Message Click Here to Email cjenn222 Find more posts by cjenn222 Add cjenn222 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

When you read back though this thing I have been talking about birthday balloons the whole time. Well , last night for however many time there was four balloons in a cluster with a triplewide pink plastic clothes pin thing holding them together. And got two coons out of that tree. THe first balloon was in reach and the rest didn't even hang up. I think I will check out the barcode to find where they came from.

This is too wierd. I hunt by myself all the time.

Old Post 11-08-2011 06:00 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Dennison
UKC Forum Member

????? part one

alot of people may not believe this but this is what happened . 1974 i was about 14 years old, my step dad (floyd mullins) was working and i went hunting with a couple of his buddies (jim chanely & rudy rienholt) and a friend of mine (don ford). we come to the hunting spot between nova and rochester, ohio just off of rt. 511. well we casted the dogs, jim's walker, rudy's redtick female and floyd's b&t male and ny b&t female. well they struck in the cornfield then ended up in the swamp. after a little run in the swamp, they caught the coon, about a twenty pounder. it was season and we got the coon and dogs and recasted the dogs. the dogs struck in the rear cornfield, we laid the coon down on the lane and we will pick it up on the way to the truck after we was done hunting. well getting to where the dogs were running, jim's dog was seemed like cold trailing something, my fenale and rudy's female was just in the woods running and sounding real different(strange). the b&t male ran towards us from jim's dog, seemed to be scared to death. jim was pretty much aggravated with his dog that he told us to stand here and wait and he'll go catch his dog. as jim walked towaeds his dog up the fence row towards the cornfield, the b&t male followed.

Old Post 11-08-2011 11:38 AM
Rick Dennison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick Dennison Click here to Send Rick Dennison a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick Dennison Find more posts by Rick Dennison Add Rick Dennison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Dennison
UKC Forum Member

????? part two

well as jim was walking up the tree line about halfway to the cornfield, something bailed over or came thru the fence row. it had the most different scream, the b&t male just laid on the ground baying at it. it was tall and dark that's all i know. jim got back to us and could barely talk. the thing ended up in the cornfield and we spotted it, the eyes were shining redish orange and standing about two feet above the unpicked field corn. well like idiots rudy and i was, we walked to the cornfield to try to get a closer look. we got to the cornfielf and you could see where the thing just destroyed the corn as it went thru it. we left (quick) towards the other dogs, got them and headed towards the truck. as approaching where the coon was laying, no coon. yes the coon was dead when i laid it there. we got to the truck, jim went his way to his house abd rudy took my friend and i home. it was about 10:30pm and we waited there for floyd to get home after work, he would get there about 11:30pm. sitting there talking to my mom, floyd walked in. he asked us why we was home already since it was the first night of hunting season ? we told him the story and of course he did'nt believe us.

Last edited by Rick Dennison on 11-08-2011 at 12:08 PM

Old Post 11-08-2011 11:53 AM
Rick Dennison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick Dennison Click here to Send Rick Dennison a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick Dennison Find more posts by Rick Dennison Add Rick Dennison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Dennison
UKC Forum Member

????? part three

well the next night ole big floyd went with us, we took along two other friends, one was a sharp shooter that was in viet-nam. yes we seen it again, but in a distance and the shooter got his rifle sit up, but it was in range of a farm house. the shooter said if the bullet would happen to miss, or if the thing moved right when he shot, that the bullet would go thru the farm house and possibly kill someone, so he did'nt shoot. the thing disappeared from that spot that night. the next day we had the elyria chronicle telegram go out there, they took pictures of the destroyed cornfield and even found some prints in the mud from this thing. question; was it a bear, ape ect..? whatever it was, the scream it had would curl the skin on your back and make your hair stand up on ends !!!! this is just part of this incident.

Last edited by Rick Dennison on 11-08-2011 at 12:07 PM

Old Post 11-08-2011 12:02 PM
l.lyle
Banned

The Place that I hunt had a girlscout jamboree. We got finished hunting about a quarter mile away. I had this Peavey sound systen that belonged to my wife but I also had a twelve volt converter to plug on the battery. Me and my buddy could not help it , he had a CD that he had copied that famouse scream off of Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? You know Delmar. Just as the toad jumps out of the shirt collar. Anyway when it got through we heard even more terrifying screams coming from the camp. We headed on out of there and when we hit the pavement we met at least thirty cars coming to get their daughters at two in the morning. That was ten years ago and this is the first word ever spoke of it.

Old Post 11-09-2011 09:26 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
horsegrl08
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 11-24-2011 02:44 AM
horsegrl08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for horsegrl08 Click here to Send horsegrl08 a Private Message Find more posts by horsegrl08 Add horsegrl08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lavell
UKC Forum Member

Strangest Thing

Back in the early fall we came across two sets of clothes one being a females cloths, the other a males, left on the edge of the road with a blanket laid out. So what would any guy do. I told my hunting buddy to get the cloths and the blanket we'd have some fun with them,off we went with the stuff and here came a naked man chasing us. Needless to say it hard to keep up with no clothes and shoes.We drove about 70 yards and threw their stuff out.I'll bet that they'll pick a better spot next time.

Old Post 11-24-2011 05:02 AM
lavell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lavell Click here to Send lavell a Private Message Find more posts by lavell Add lavell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ghosthunter50
UKC Forum Member

poor guy, he just trying to get alittle

Old Post 11-24-2011 07:03 AM
ghosthunter50 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ghosthunter50 Click here to Send ghosthunter50 a Private Message Find more posts by ghosthunter50 Add ghosthunter50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jakeg77
New UKC Forum Member

You boys around north al may know about this but up off of sand mountain in guntersville al we have a very real and very freaky animal. It's name is WHITE THANG. It's a wolf like thing that's as big as a horse. It moves fast and quiet and is always watching. anyone up on the mountain will know. my family has been talking about it for 5 generations and the biggest problem is that several times when you get to the tree your dogs are on sometimes you can see the dogs looking into the thick stuff because WHITE THANG has already jumped the tree and got the coon.

Old Post 11-28-2011 08:20 PM
jakeg77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jakeg77 Click here to Send jakeg77 a Private Message Click Here to Email jakeg77 Find more posts by jakeg77 Add jakeg77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Morrow
UKC Forum Member

went hunting alone last nite. walking through a open field. i see a deer about 75 yrds. ahead of me. it finely takes off to my left. i then here the fence make a noise. so i walk up there and there is the doe laying on the ground with her foot stuck in the fence. she had it weaved between the barbed wire and woven wire. she was like a fish out of water. i couldnt pull the wire apart to get her foot out. had to take big sticks and roll the wire to get her foot out of there. she finely got loose jumped up ran about 100 yrds. and stoped like she wanted to thank me. its amazing what you see in the woods at nite.

Old Post 11-30-2011 09:21 AM
Ed Morrow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Morrow Click here to Send Ed Morrow a Private Message Find more posts by Ed Morrow Add Ed Morrow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Glenn Wells
UKC Forum Member

A few years back my ol' buddy called about going hunting, told me where to meet him, so when it got dark I headed that way. We was going to hunt off an old gravel deadend road, which we hunted back the past 25 years. Driving in I noticed an old truck parked in a pulloff , figured it was just someone fishing or walking around the ford on the river, as didn't see anyone as I passed. We turned loose and treed a few, we had went past a few areas where there was little patches with wire throwed up around them, didn't really worry about it , at the time. We caught the dogs off the tree and headed out to the truck, wasn't long till we had them loaded and headed home. The old truck was still setting there, but in the direction we came, you could see more about it, noticed the tailgate was down as I passed but didnt look as I was behind Ed. All of a sudden Ed's brake lights came on and he stopped dead on the spot, he was white as a sheet when he walked back and asked if I looked in the truck as I drove past. He got in and told me to go back so he could look again. He said someone was laying in the back of the truck, it was what he didn't see that had him shook up ! He was right about about it, there was a guy laying in the back of the bed, and the guy didn't have any legs ... after seeing all the wire back in the woods, he figured it was a deal gone bad and someone had cut the guys legs off ! We made it to our other buddy's house to call the police, they showed up fast saying lead the way. When the deputy got up the nerve, as he didn't see any feet either, it turns out it was a drunk that decided to sleep it off, just happened he was a double amputee ! He had took off his legs and put them in the cab, while he slept in the back... said he figured that way nobody could say he was drunk driving !

Last edited by Glenn Wells on 11-30-2011 at 02:15 PM

Old Post 11-30-2011 02:13 PM
Glenn Wells is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Glenn Wells Click here to Send Glenn Wells a Private Message Click Here to Email Glenn Wells Find more posts by Glenn Wells Add Glenn Wells to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brogy

This is a little off topic and not a strange encounter while hunting for me but for a couple of kids who decided to mess with a coonhunters property. Its gotten some good laughs on Facebook so I figure I'll share it here.

A week ago, I had been up to a buddy's place to check out his new dog power he purchased. Long story short, we had a pretty poor hunt and spent nearly 3-4 hours looking for his dog. It was around 12:30 am when I rolled into the yard and put the dog away. My buddy text me and said he found his dog safe and sound so I called him up to get the story around 12:37am. While I was outside on the phone I could hear the neighbor's down the road having a house party. The place is known for drug dealing and out of control kids. I could hear the bass from the stereo, the yard was all lit up, could hear kids carrying on and even a couple of gun shots. I really don't pay much attention to it because its gotten to be a regular thing lately and other than they're friends drive like idiots by our place, we've never had any trouble with them.
I crawled into bed just before 1 am. Shortly after my house dog that is locked in the entry way starts barking an unusual bark. I holler at her to shut up and start listening to see if the hounds are barking. The hounds are quiet and the house dog starts growling and barking again so I figure I best get up and go take a look.
I go to the door with nothing but eye glasses and my boxer shorts on. I look outside and see 2 kids rummaging through both our cars that are parked less than 100 ft from the door directly under the yard light. In my haste I forget to grab the cell phone, shot gun, killer house dog or shoes.
I just through the door open and hollered "Hey motherf----r!"
It was a guy and a gal. The guy jumped right out of his shoes and took off with the gal right behind him. I chase after them in all my glory and was right on his heels taunting him "You're gonna get your a$$ beat by a fat man in his undies!" The kid cuts across the briars and brush along the end of the driveway and his gal is falling all over herself like a wounded deer thats been shot in the rear. That kid hit his stride once he got on the gravel road and was headed out and never looked back. The girl fell down at least 3 times and was laying in the road ditch.
I grab the gal and put her in a full nelson type head lock. She was terrified and begging for mercy. I didn't treat her like a lady at all and said "Listen b*tch, I'm not going to hurt you but I'm calling the cops!". I start grilling her for info and she just keeps begging "Please Sir! Please Sir!". Unfortunately I began thinking of what repurcusions I might face for having a young gal bent over on a gravel road, roughing her up while standing in my undershorts so I ease off on my grip thinking she'll submit and I can hold onto her until the cops come and she'll spill her guts to them.
Just then she does some sort of kung-fu move and slides right out of her jacket, takes a poke at me to keep me from grabbing her again and takes off running.
I look back at the house hoping to see my wife standing there on the phone, but nope... she's hiding under the covers wondering what the heck is going on outside.
I run into the house and get her out of bed and called 911 at 1:14 am.
The guy jumped out of his shoes. The gal ran out of her shoes and I've got her jacket. Its around 20 degrees and chilly, frost on the ground and they're running towards town down a gravel road. I figured they're be easy to catch up with.
3 deputies and the town cop show up in minutes and search the whole area by spot light for nearly an hour. A couple of them talked to the neighbors who of course had no idea who it might have been.... yeah right.
I've got some leads on who they were and I have no plans to let it slide. The Chief of police basically told me he'll look the other way when I get even with them as long as I don't break any major laws or cripple them too bad.
I don't think those kids will be back after having a "strange encounter" with a nearly naked coonhunter.

Old Post 11-30-2011 05:52 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SCBluetickGal
UKC Forum Member

That story made my day...thanks, I needed a laugh!

CH'PR'Moss Blue Carolina Rain-Queen of Show, BBOA Zone 6 Championship
NITECH CH 'PR' Carolina Flo
CH 'PR' Poison Whiskey Waylon
CH 'PR' Cruse's I'm Your Huckleberry
CH'PR' PoisonWhiskey WildHoney
'PR' Poison Whiskey CowgirlsDontCry
CH'PR' Bowers & O'Connor's Foxy Roxy
PoisonWhiskey SonOfTheSouth

Poison Whiskey Hello Darlin'-2013 AL State BMOS, AL State Hall of Fame King of Show

PoisonWhiskey LilMsHonkyTonk

Coming Soon...
PoisonWhiskeyMaybeItWasMemphis
PoisonWhiskey Heart Like Mine
-------------------------
In loving memory...
CCH GRCH 'PR' Swampland Blue Gypsy-RIP sweet girl
'PR' Miller Time

Old Post 11-30-2011 08:30 PM
SCBluetickGal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SCBluetickGal Click here to Send SCBluetickGal a Private Message Click Here to Email SCBluetickGal Find more posts by SCBluetickGal Add SCBluetickGal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
horsegrl08
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 12-04-2011 07:35 PM
horsegrl08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for horsegrl08 Click here to Send horsegrl08 a Private Message Find more posts by horsegrl08 Add horsegrl08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Giveem3outdoors
UKC Forum Member

btt keep this thread going it is great

Old Post 12-05-2011 01:30 AM
Giveem3outdoors is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Giveem3outdoors Click here to Send Giveem3outdoors a Private Message Click Here to Email Giveem3outdoors Find more posts by Giveem3outdoors Add Giveem3outdoors to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bobbymckay593
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 12-05-2011 06:46 AM
bobbymckay593 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bobbymckay593 Click here to Send bobbymckay593 a Private Message Click Here to Email bobbymckay593 Find more posts by bobbymckay593 Add bobbymckay593 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tlewis_2003
UKC Forum Member

My Step Dad and his Friend went pheasant hunting in a big swamp outside of town a few years back. About half way through they found a guy dead with two labs. Both labs had a pheasant in their mouth waiting right next to there owner/hunting buddy. The guy had a heart attck out there hunting by himself. Sounds like a good way to go to me doing exactly what I love to do. Working dogs even if it was a labrador.

Old Post 12-05-2011 12:36 PM
tlewis_2003 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tlewis_2003 Click here to Send tlewis_2003 a Private Message Click Here to Email tlewis_2003 Find more posts by tlewis_2003 Add tlewis_2003 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justin_Cox
UKC Forum Member

btt

(A man is only as good as his word.)

AKC Dobermans

Old Post 12-05-2011 03:22 PM
Justin_Cox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justin_Cox Click here to Send Justin_Cox a Private Message Visit Justin_Cox's homepage! Find more posts by Justin_Cox Add Justin_Cox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nypigman1
UKC Forum Member

Well after 25 years running the woods day and night i have nothing more than the things i have made my mind think as a youth lol. i have been ready to shat in my pants at night by a grey fox letting out its awful sounds, stepped on grouse and have them flush before the sun came up, and walked up on a ma bear with a cub eating beaver from my trap lol..BUT lmao last december i had a little fright that i still have trouble explaining lol.. i was trapping full time last year and ran about 250 traps. well it was right in prime muskrat time and i had about 60 rats to skin this night. it was about 10 pm and dark and cold lol. well i am out side skinning with my quad running and the headlights on to see with..well it starts getting windy and i get this awful feeling that someone is watching me and start getting goos bumps and the hair on my neck feeling like its standing up. i start looking all around and just not feeling right..all of a sudden the head lights start going on and off about 4 times and stop 4 times and stop. i grabbed my trapping club and start to the quad to see who is messing with me. well no one was there..never had it happen again or before. dont know what it was. the quad was brand new that season...thats it for me

Old Post 12-05-2011 10:36 PM
nypigman1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nypigman1 Click here to Send nypigman1 a Private Message Click Here to Email nypigman1 Find more posts by nypigman1 Add nypigman1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sarah Vittur
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 12-21-2011 07:08 PM
Sarah Vittur is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sarah Vittur Click here to Send Sarah Vittur a Private Message Click Here to Email Sarah Vittur Visit Sarah Vittur's homepage! Find more posts by Sarah Vittur Add Sarah Vittur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Garrett Blake
UKC Forum Member

My first year hunting, im by myself, 11 years old, and i hear what sounds like a girl moaning in pain LOL so i get real real freaked out, take the gun, and hold it real close ready for anything lol. I turn around and flip my light on, and there's a car parked there in the field. So i walk up, and sure enough it was a girl moaning, pain? i wouldnt say so lol but they sure were havin fun. I think it scared them more than they scared me when i knocked on the window hahaha.

Grntch "Pr" Sid's Hardwood Mattie
"Pr" blake's ridge rocking shaggy(1st)
"Pr" Machine gun Switch Blade
"Pr" Machine gun CrossFire

Old Post 12-21-2011 09:02 PM
Garrett Blake is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Garrett Blake Click here to Send Garrett Blake a Private Message Click Here to Email Garrett Blake Find more posts by Garrett Blake Add Garrett Blake to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote