UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > preperations for survival
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

When the disaster hits the price of a coondog should skyrocket.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-16-2020 05:31 AM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

I went to a birthday party years ago for a man that was turning 90. He made a speech that I will never forget. He said in his day people where independent the woods where full of hogs they raised their own food had cows chickens ect. They only went to town once a year. Now people are dependent having to depend on town to live. He also said things have completely turned around. In his day people cooked in the house and crapped outside now they crap in the house and cook outside. He didn't say crap he used another word. But I thought this was about the truest thing I have ever heard. I didn't even really know this man but he said I had to come to his birthday party if I wanted to hunt his peach orchard that night. But I have remember that speech from someone I had just asked permission to hunt his land.

Old Post 03-16-2020 05:50 AM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

Young people probably won't understand the meaning of the speech. I myself have always had indoor plumbing but there was a family down the road that didn't have indoor plumbing till 1995 and their electricity was a extension cord run from the neighbors house they would run 1 light bulb and a fan with it. In a old shotgun house if anyone knows what that is.

Old Post 03-16-2020 06:03 AM