UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Ch Nite Ch Utchmans So Blue Lumber at Stud
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Rough night and cold

I hunted Dragon. Austin hunted Magic and Daniel Morton hunted his two 5 month old pups.

First track all dogs struck in and ended in a drain tile acrossed a road.
Magic and Dragon left the tile and went yonder hunting. Daniels two pups tried to tree but didn't commit on their tree. They have got good mouths on them and will go hunting for sure.
Daniel got a call about his home fire flew so the had to leave us to go get it check out.
We drove back to my truck and Austin and I came back and Magic and Dragon had went even deeper down the river and got treed. We drove and far as we could and made our way down the river to them only to have a den tree.
We got them loaded up and made one last drop and the hit a good track and ran that coon right in a pond drain tile about 950 yards. Those small hills wore me out and the worked ground had my ankles screaming I got home a midnight and slept like a baby.
Those two pups of Daniels are going to make some nice dogs.

RIP
GrNitech Overton's Breathless Blue Chief Full brother to Nite ch Snowdens Runt
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blu Knight. King of Hunt Fall Round Up 2006 loudest dog I have ever owned.
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blue Roler hit died at 2years old at semi finals of World hunt
Gr Nite ch Utchmans Double Eagle Hoss
Dual Grand Utchmans So Blue Timber top 100 Finalist in 2005 World hunt 2012 performance sire
Gr Ch Nite CH Overton's Breathless Blue Warrior 4wins died at 6 yrs old. Sire to Knight
NiteCh Overton's Breathless Blue Dixie LOUD!
NiteCH Lienbachs Breathless Blue Jammer
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Drum 3 wins to Grand. before 2 yrs old Running ant treeing wild coons at 5 months alone.
Gr Ch Nitech Rob's Blue Tomahawk
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Dolly super fast track and tree dog. accurate.
Grch Nitech Overton's Utchmans Blue Belle
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Sabrina 2nd place Nite ch at Fall Round Up 2009
Nite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Sounder
GRNite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blu Magic 13 years old brother to Roler
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Gobber. Running and treeing wild coons at 5 months

Nite Ch O Breathless Blue Tree Dragon
Treeing his own wild coon at 6 months old.

Dogs living
Overton"s Breathless blue Julia. Bill Bird owner
Dual Champion Uchtman So Blue Lumber 6yrs
Owned by Cody Stader in Indiana
Dual Grand Overton's Breathless Blue Maggie
Present Owned by Luke Wood in Okalhoma

Dall Haden and Bobby Hayes have been a big part of my breeding of my hounds also Bill Bird for help keeping it going.

*All my dogs are old Ucthman Hawk and Scout breeding with some Smokey River Chief and Diamond Jim.
573-228-3169
Kandy off Bojangles and Grand Nite ch PKC CH Redstick Ann. Super fast track dog good tree dog loud. co owner with Earl Howell Queen of Hunt at Fall Round Up 2019 at 2 years old.

Overton"s Breathless Blue Lincoln
Overton"s Breathless Blue Ava.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-30-2014 01:25 PM
ELMO OVERTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ELMO OVERTON Click here to Send ELMO OVERTON a Private Message Click Here to Email ELMO OVERTON Find more posts by ELMO OVERTON Add ELMO OVERTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluehound
UKC Forum Member

Yeah rough night Elmo, sorry about that, really thought the coons would have been really moving well in that part of the country. We will do it again and hopefully have better results. You have a nice young male to add to your kennel. He is going to make you a good one!

West Plains, Mo 65775
Cell# 417-255-5822

Old Post 12-30-2014 04:51 PM
bluehound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluehound Click here to Send bluehound a Private Message Click Here to Email bluehound Find more posts by bluehound Add bluehound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

We shall see what this year has in store for me in the winner circle. I hope a lot.
Time will tell.
Keep um Blue and Accurate.

RIP
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blu Knight. King of Hunt Fall Round Up 2006 loudest dog I have ever owned.
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blue Roler hit died at 2years old at semi finals of World hunt
Dual Grand Utchmans So Blue Timber top 100 Finalist in 2005 World hunt 2012 performance sire
Gr Ch Nite CH Overton's Breathless Blue Warrior 4wins died at 6 yrs old. Sire to Knight
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Drum 3 wins to Grand. before 2 yrs old Running ant treeing wild coons at 5 months alone.
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Sabrina 2nd place Nite ch at Fall Round Up 2009

Dogs living

Dall Haden and Bobby Hayes have been a big part of my breeding of my hounds also Bill Bird for help keeping it going.

*All my dogs are old Ucthman Hawk and Scout breeding with some Smokey River Chief and Diamond Jim.
573-228-3169
Kandy off Bojangles and Grand Nite ch PKC CH Redstick Ann. Super fast track dog good tree dog loud. co owner with Earl Howell Queen of Hunt at Fall Round Up 2019 at 2 years old.

Old Post 01-02-2015 02:36 PM
ELMO OVERTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ELMO OVERTON Click here to Send ELMO OVERTON a Private Message Click Here to Email ELMO OVERTON Find more posts by ELMO OVERTON Add ELMO OVERTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

2015 PERFORMANCE SIRE CH NITE CH UTCHMANS SO BLUE LUMBER

Lumber is 2 years old. Nice hound.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 01-06-2015 03:22 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

I got a lot of hunting to do. Lumber needs in the woods. Maggie needs in the woods and Dragon need more time to finish completely out.

I have go my work cut out for me,

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 01-10-2015 02:23 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Good weather comes in Thursday on so I will see what I can get done.
Season is over Jan 31, 2015

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 01-12-2015 04:43 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Finally got in the woods last night.

I took Lumber and Dragon. I cut them loose and the fired in there about 450 yards and Dragon struck followed my Lumber and they had a good track up and going and what a nice race. Them bam they treed at the same time and was blowing it down.
I got there and found the mask bandit way up in the tree. It took 10 shots with the 20 gauge to get him down.
Turn them loose and the got gone ended up running one in a hole in the ground so I called it a night.
I will be back at it tonight and the rest of the week while the weather is good.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 01-15-2015 01:22 PM
bluehound
UKC Forum Member

Get'em Elmo!

West Plains, Mo 65775
Cell# 417-255-5822

Old Post 01-15-2015 06:20 PM
bluehound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluehound Click here to Send bluehound a Private Message Click Here to Email bluehound Find more posts by bluehound Add bluehound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Cut loose again tonight

Turned Lumber and Dragon loose. A guy come down to see Lumber and Dragon go.
Well first drop they got in the 600 yards and work a good running track and got treed. After a long search we found the big boar hidden and the ole shot gun rolled him out.
We turned loose again while skinning the coon they got treed again split but no coon seen. Dragon was treed on a leaning tree going to a den so I might have save himself with a circle.
Next drop Dragon struck and worked a good track and bam treed hard and tight. We looked and looked I just didn't find him. The tree had plenty vines and a nest but I say no coon. We ran one in a hole and dogs got out on ice so we called it a night.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Last edited by ELMO OVERTON on 01-19-2015 at 01:40 PM

Old Post 01-16-2015 05:21 AM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

All this beautiful weather this weekend and I didn't go hunting none of the nights. I just found other things to do.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 01-19-2015 01:41 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Treed two singles last night

I took Dragon and Maggie with Terry Estill last night. His Spud dog was limping so he didn't take him but wanted to go to the woods.
First drop Dragon struck followed by Maggie and the race was on. Dragon got hung up a little I believe in a hole or something but he came out on fire and he and Maggie drove that boar coon 900 yards and bang Dragon loaded up with one BIG BAWL LOCATE he was done Maggie followed backing him. We drove around and got within 300 yards of them. We got to the tree it was huge old tree with limbs broke off. Well he tapped the sqawler and out popped mr boar coon hiding in what we thought could have been a hole and he was not wanting to stay up there. We I rolled him out with one shot and the fight was one. Dragon has become a nice kill dog to boot. He and Maggie made short order of this big boar.
Next drop dogs got in there a ways about 700 yards Dragon struck first then Maggie again. The race was one. Well the went over a few hills so we drove up to hear what was going on. We we drove up they where treed at 987 yards. We had to drive back around and got within 550 yards and neither dog missed a breath on the tree. Hearing that young dog chop like that is always good to hear. Well we got there and they where on a fence row and we saw Mr Coon coming into the dogs. I petted them up good and rolled him out and we called it a night. Dragon is coming alone nicely and should be ready for spring hunts.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 01-20-2015 01:38 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Hunted tonight we had a split tree. Dragon on a den the Rattler female had a coon. Next drop they got deep and treed behind someone house so we just went in and pulled them off the tree. We didn't shine much but I think they had it.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 01-21-2015 04:36 AM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Even chasing coons at work this morning. We had one fall through the ceiling and of course they call me down to the main office to get him out.
Fun times. He was a biggin.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 01-21-2015 01:44 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Great weather. in the 50's all weekend.
Corie is coming down to hunt Saturday with his Majestic off Magic and Maggie. I hope we get into some coons.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 01-23-2015 02:29 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Hunted tonight

Dragon and Maggie went 1.2 miles to have a nice boar coon. Then Dragon got his foot caught in a trap and that didn't make me happy.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 01-25-2015 05:03 AM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Not a good night for Dragon but I hope he learned a serious lesson on possum. Time will tell.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 01-29-2015 05:08 AM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Season is over Jan. 31

I may try to get out a little tonight. Calling for snow and rain Saturday so we shall see.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 01-30-2015 07:49 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

I'm just sitting around getting fat. I can't wait till spring comes but I will try the woods if the weather stays like it is the next few days.
Basketball season now so it will give me something to do.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 02-06-2015 03:23 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

turned loose
Hunted Dragon tonight with Terry estill and Spud we do not have a good night looked up to slick trees then caught a big boar Coon on the ground.

__

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 02-09-2015 02:19 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Cut loose last night

Hunted Dragon with a Bone Collector walker female. We had to do some walking and only to a den tree. Well there were some cattle in there and the owner came out and gave us a what for. After speaking calm to him he said I don't mind you hunting just ask and if you can kill all you see.
We had started on wildlife area but the coon took them for a hike and they were blowing the tree down.
We did drive up to the house but it looked like know one was home before we went to get our dogs. Of course that ended my night. Man it is sloppy out there and hard to keep footing in the hills and bluffs.
I'm staying in a watching my loosing MU Tigers play South Carolina tonight.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 02-10-2015 01:24 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Snow

Looks like we got about 7 inches of the white stuff so hunting will be on hold for quite sometime for me. I hate hunting in the snow.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 02-16-2015 02:09 PM
lincoln
UKC Forum Member

we need to get out again elmo.

Old Post 03-02-2015 06:09 PM
lincoln is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lincoln Click here to Send lincoln a Private Message Find more posts by lincoln Add lincoln to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

I know but I hate snow and hills don't mix with this fat boy

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 03-02-2015 11:55 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Finally got in the woods last night.

Took Dragon alone. First track he struck in at 250 yards and treed at 675. He treed a coon on the outside. Nice work through cut overs and thick cover.
Second drop he struck in at 120 yard and worked a cold track that ended in a den at 400 yards. I called it a night.
Both Dragon and I were happy to be out in the woods.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 03-10-2015 04:56 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Lumber and Dragon are resting waiting on me to take them to the woods a few times. It's basketball time for me so I will get there soon enough.
Maggie has not came in heat yet.
Hope all is well and everyone is hitting the hunts or getting the dogs ready. Ticks are out make sure your dogs have tick spray on them.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 03-21-2015 05:06 AM