UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Semen - Old line Walkers ????
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Shawn E. Ott
UKC Forum Member

Semen - Old line Walkers ????

I thought it would be interesting to see what is out there as far as semen goes in the older line of Walker hounds. A few of the ones I know of are:

Spring Creek Rock - $12,500. a straw
Houses Lipper - $1,500. a staw
Dohoney's Boone - ??

What else is out there?

Shawn.Ott@vaehinc.com

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. 'PR' Ott's Good Golly Miss Molly (Deceased August 12, 2014)

Gr.Nt.Ch. 'PR' Ott's Shenandoah Valley Kate(Deceased)
Gr.Nt.Ch.Ch. 'PR' Tree Slammin Mac (Deceased)

"A little less tree and a little more track"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-03-2005 03:52 AM
Shawn E. Ott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shawn E. Ott Click here to Send Shawn E. Ott a Private Message Click Here to Email Shawn E. Ott Find more posts by Shawn E. Ott Add Shawn E. Ott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driveshaft
UKC Forum Member

darn shame none was saved off

SACKETT JR
NITE HEAT
OR FLAG

THOSE HOUNDS REPRODUCIN RECORDS SPEAKS FOR THEMSELVES. HOPE THEY ARE SAVIN SOME OFF SOME OF THE STUDS NOW SOME NICE DOGS OUT THEIR .DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE THAT THESE THREE STUD OWNERS DID.

Old Post 01-03-2005 04:15 AM
Driveshaft is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driveshaft Click here to Send Driveshaft a Private Message Click Here to Email Driveshaft Find more posts by Driveshaft Add Driveshaft to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Mims
UKC Forum Member

12,500 a straw???

do these pups cook clean, wash clothes, trees coons and hold down a 6 figure job?

If not what in the world makes them worth 12,500 dollars?

Old Post 01-03-2005 04:58 AM
Adam Mims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Mims Click here to Send Adam Mims a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Mims Find more posts by Adam Mims Add Adam Mims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skinner
Banned

$12500.00....woahhhh Hobo you gonna have to go to the shoe to find that kinda money. My luck I would spend 12500 for a straw, 2000 to ai her and then she has one pup.lol I'm with Driveshaft I wonder what a straw of Jr. would go for?

Black Creek Treeing Walkers

If I had feelings, that might would have hurt.

Old Post 01-03-2005 05:25 AM
Skinner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skinner Click here to Send Skinner a Private Message Click Here to Email Skinner Visit Skinner's homepage! Find more posts by Skinner Add Skinner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jtd
UKC Forum Member

What would Houses Chief be worth? Maybe 6 figures.

Old Post 01-03-2005 05:40 AM
jtd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtd Click here to Send jtd a Private Message Click Here to Email jtd Find more posts by jtd Add jtd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shawn E. Ott
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jtd
What would Houses Chief be worth? Maybe 6 figures.

Not slighting Houses Chief in the least, but if he would bring 6 figures what would Finley River Chief, or Finley River Dan bring?

What a dream come true any of these dogs would be!!

Anybody know of any others?

Shawn.Ott@vaehinc.com

Old Post 01-03-2005 05:46 AM
Shawn E. Ott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shawn E. Ott Click here to Send Shawn E. Ott a Private Message Click Here to Email Shawn E. Ott Find more posts by Shawn E. Ott Add Shawn E. Ott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driveshaft
UKC Forum Member

lots of nice choices

how about BANJO II , OR JOHNSON'S BANJO , OR BOONE CREEK MIKE , ALL NICE CHOICES TO ME. LOTS OF HOUNDS I WOULDNT MIND HAVIN A PUP OFF OF. CACHE RIVER DIAMOND GOLD CREEK MUNDO NORMANS COON STOPPER HOUSES CLINT HOUSES TOM TOM PAC MAN OR STRICKER MAN THE LIST IS ENDLESS FOR ME I LOVE WALKERS, BUT WE HAVE A HELL OF A NICE SELECTION TO CHOOSE FROM NOW NOT IN THE PAST I CAN START A LIST OF THOSE TOO LOL.

Last edited by Driveshaft on 01-03-2005 at 06:24 AM

Old Post 01-03-2005 06:18 AM
Driveshaft is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driveshaft Click here to Send Driveshaft a Private Message Click Here to Email Driveshaft Find more posts by Driveshaft Add Driveshaft to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jtd
UKC Forum Member

I have by different hunters that Bone Creek Mike had the loudest mouth ever on a Walker dog.

Old Post 01-03-2005 01:20 PM
jtd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtd Click here to Send jtd a Private Message Click Here to Email jtd Find more posts by jtd Add jtd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

I'd sure like to have a litter or two from Logans Wild Clover

Old Post 01-03-2005 02:43 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Philip
UKC Forum Member

Like they say, the deader the better. I like these modern day walkers myself. I look to the future, the best ones are yet to be born, count on that.

Old Post 01-03-2005 02:46 PM
Philip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Philip Click here to Send Philip a Private Message Click Here to Email Philip Visit Philip's homepage! Find more posts by Philip Add Philip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shawn E. Ott
UKC Forum Member

Donnie;

I beleive there is semen available on Logans Wild Clover.? I may be wrong, but I think I recall reading that somewhere last year.

Anybody else know? Any Past Walker hound?

Shawn.Ott@vaehinc.com

Old Post 01-03-2005 02:53 PM
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

I don't know about Logan's Wild Clover, but Tony's Wild Clover had some semen collected.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 01-03-2005 02:58 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Samhain
UKC Forum Member

Spring Creek Rock
What's the deal on this dog?

Old Post 01-03-2005 03:01 PM
Samhain is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Samhain Click here to Send Samhain a Private Message Find more posts by Samhain Add Samhain to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

If I were a Walker man, I'd wish for a few straws from:

1.Finley River Chief

2.Finley River Dan

3.Swinney's Diamond Jim

4.Crowding Billy

5.Banjo II

Old Post 01-03-2005 03:30 PM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Nope none available from Logans Wild Clover,there is some from Tonys Wild Clover.

Is there actually semen available from old Spring Creek Rock?I have heard that there is but have my doubts.The man that i remember advertising it also advertised semen from Yadkin Tar Rattler,which has since disappeared,likely for obvious reasons.I know personally a couple guys in Texas that would have used the Rattler semen in a heartbeat,but after living their entire lives within twenty miles of Delton Hall,were pretty sure the semen was not even from Rattler.

Old Post 01-03-2005 03:54 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dkrause
UKC Forum Member

how about stylish lipper, is there any off of him?

Old Post 01-03-2005 04:32 PM
dkrause is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dkrause Click here to Send dkrause a Private Message Click Here to Email dkrause Find more posts by dkrause Add dkrause to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill Ziegler
UKC Forum Member

Maybe not considered "old line", but I've got a bit of Tree Blaster semen.

Old Post 01-03-2005 04:37 PM
Bill Ziegler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill Ziegler Click here to Send Bill Ziegler a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill Ziegler Find more posts by Bill Ziegler Add Bill Ziegler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shawn E. Ott
UKC Forum Member

Donnie, I am not sure if the Rock semen was legit or not. I know it was advertised in one of the magazines a few months ago.

Dkrause, I do not know. Maybe someone can give a definitive answer on that.

Bill, Tell us some back ground on Tree Blaster. I for one would like to hear what all he was out of, and what kind of a hound he was. I would consider that "old line', as he is no longer living.

This is what I was hoping this post would lead to; a better knowledge of what is out there.

KEEP THEM COMING!!

Shawn.Ott@vaehinc.com

Old Post 01-03-2005 04:50 PM
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

There is in fact some Tony's Wild Clover semen, and some of it will be used in the relativley near future.

I will be breeding my Rat Attack female to Toney's Wild Clover this summer. She is out of a daughter of Tony's Wild Clover......watch for this cross!

As for my "wish list".

1. Hardwood Bozo
2. Stylish Clover
3. Finley River Chief

Old Post 01-03-2005 05:03 PM
Oak Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oak Ridge Click here to Send Oak Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Oak Ridge Find more posts by Oak Ridge Add Oak Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driveshaft
UKC Forum Member

ive heard galaxy genetics

has some pac man semen but ukc wont recognize it cause its not dna'ed with ukc , just what ive heard.

Old Post 01-03-2005 05:05 PM
Bill Ziegler
UKC Forum Member

Shawn, Blaster was out of Yadkin River Champ and Shaw's Judy, which makes him a Yadkin River/ Sailor Jr. bred hound.

I don't know exactly who had him when, but he was owned at different times by James Meeks, Harvey French, Frank Giddings, James Merchant and Rick Rodermal, who we purchased him from.

Blaster himself was an extremly hard hunting, hard treeing hound with an exceptional mouth. His offspring tended to be real track driving, drifting type track dogs and hard, accurate tree dogs. He threw what I considered to be the best type of coondog for my type hunting out here in the west where a dog has to go find a track.

His PAD in April, 2000 shows 568 pups with 8 Gr Nt Ch, 22 Nt Ch, 4 Gr Sh Ch, and 9 Sh CH. When we moved him out to Wyoming he had a little over 200 pups on the ground. Once he ended up out here, they majority of his pups went to big game hunters which made for a lower percentage of titled pups.

I would also say that, in general his pups tended to be more "coondog" than "competition dog" in that they were more accurate than quick on the tree, and more honest than quick to open. Some didn't think they opened enough but I always felt that they were true drifting type track dogs and opened accordingly. I've got a feeling that if Blaster were put on the stud market today he would be a bigger success because of the number of people who are becoming frustrated with the many overcharged competition orriented, all- grand studs that are saturating the walker bloodlines at this point in time. In that way, I feel like he was an "old time hound", a kind of throwback.

Old Post 01-03-2005 06:02 PM
Bill Ziegler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill Ziegler Click here to Send Bill Ziegler a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill Ziegler Find more posts by Bill Ziegler Add Bill Ziegler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jackbob42
UKC Forum Member

I never seen the Blaster dog go , but I had a female out of Champ and a female named Rosie that also went back to the Sailor dogs.
Bill just described her to a tee !

She was also a tough little hound. Would not back up from a coon at all. Kill dog at 6 months old.
Would not coldtrail a bear , but when on a hot one was the grittiest female I've ever seen. I've got video tape of us sewing her up after being hit by a bear , she just stood there and took her stitches like a hero in the movies. Not even a whimper.
She checked out a porky 1 time , stood her on the tailgate and pulled about 30 quills with nobody holding her.
A real "coondog " anywhere you put her down. Any night , any weather. Hunted her for 11 years , only recall one slick tree.

Bill , if you find a female worthy of breeding , I'd be interested in another female.

BackWoods River Walkers/Beagles
Just all 'round , meat gettin' hounds.

Old Post 01-03-2005 08:11 PM
jackbob42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jackbob42 Click here to Send jackbob42 a Private Message Find more posts by jackbob42 Add jackbob42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clifton
UKC Forum Member

Bill,
I judged Blaster at the Acha World in Pine Bluff, when he was just a young dog. Mr. Merchant was handling him. Your right, he had a good loud carrying mouth and a nice treedog.He was hustling, trying to make things happen. I'll say he impressed me that one night as much as any young dog I've seen. If he would have been bred as much as some of the studs mentioned, he too would have made a impact on the breed.

(PCH Wipeout Zeb Again x Pch Stylish Snag)

Old Post 01-03-2005 09:18 PM
Clifton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clifton Click here to Send Clifton a Private Message Click Here to Email Clifton Find more posts by Clifton Add Clifton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shawn E. Ott
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Anyone else know of any out there???

Shawn.Ott@vaehinc.com

Old Post 01-04-2005 01:20 AM
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

I heard that there was some out of Wild Casey.....but if I remember correctly they were having some trouble getting females settled with it......not sure if any of it was true.

Old Post 01-04-2005 02:41 AM
Oak Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oak Ridge Click here to Send Oak Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Oak Ridge Find more posts by Oak Ridge Add Oak Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote