UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Tug River Jim
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pratcliff
UKC Forum Member

Tug River Jim

What's the good bad or ugly on this dog. Also does any one have a picture of him. I've got a nice female out of him just looking for info.

Last edited by pratcliff on 08-14-2016 at 11:48 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-13-2016 02:37 PM
pratcliff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pratcliff Click here to Send pratcliff a Private Message Find more posts by pratcliff Add pratcliff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLKRIVCRS
UKC Forum Member

Tug River Jim

I never hunted with this dog but owned a pup out of a Tug River Jim X Adams Nocturnal Rose, an early starting pup with a good voice. Tug River Jim was loaded up on Bozo blood through Coma and Stylish Dolly with a splash of Sackett. This type of cross resulted in some dogs that liked Big Game as well as coon , that's what I primarily used my dog for (Tugs Black River Smoke). The stud I use today is a grandson of Tug and he passes all these traits on to his pups. You can view his pedigree on the Big Game Classified page . Black River Rush. Search Rush.

Old Post 09-08-2016 05:41 AM
BLKRIVCRS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLKRIVCRS Click here to Send BLKRIVCRS a Private Message Click Here to Email BLKRIVCRS Find more posts by BLKRIVCRS Add BLKRIVCRS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pratcliff
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the input I've got a daughter of Tug with pups on the ground. Nice dog. More of a track before tree type dog. Bred her to a solid dog with lots of drive. When you drop the only thing on his mind is coons.

Old Post 09-08-2016 05:08 PM
pratcliff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pratcliff Click here to Send pratcliff a Private Message Find more posts by pratcliff Add pratcliff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLKRIVCRS
UKC Forum Member

Tug

I would be interested in how the male is bred and have you ever tried her on bear.

Old Post 09-08-2016 07:02 PM
BLKRIVCRS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLKRIVCRS Click here to Send BLKRIVCRS a Private Message Click Here to Email BLKRIVCRS Find more posts by BLKRIVCRS Add BLKRIVCRS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pratcliff
UKC Forum Member

Sorry haven't been on in a while. The male is heavy sackett a lot of drive. Not sure how to post pic. If you pm me your # Ill send you a pic of both pedigrees.

Old Post 09-21-2016 04:51 AM
pettet
UKC Forum Member

This is a huge dog and his mother was one of the best dogs ive ever hunted with.

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...highlight=Brock

Old Post 09-24-2016 01:34 AM
pettet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pettet Click here to Send pettet a Private Message Click Here to Email pettet Find more posts by pettet Add pettet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pratcliff
UKC Forum Member

She's a good sized hound at 70lbs.

Old Post 09-26-2016 03:57 PM