UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Misty River Kennels
Pages (77): « First ... « 73 74 [75] 76 77 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations at the UKC Winter Classic Slam Events.

Cam Smith with Blue, Roger Welch with Smoke and Jeremy Purvis With Pearl on their cast wins. Good luck the rest of the way.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-11-2022 05:43 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

again to Cam Smith with Blue and Jeremy Purvis with Pearl on their second cast win at the UKC Winter Classic. Also congratulations to Bobby Gates on his cast win the other night with Cricket. One more night to go-Good Luck.

Last edited by Misty river on 02-13-2022 at 03:43 AM

Old Post 02-12-2022 06:42 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Re: Congratulations

quote:
Originally posted by Misty river
again to Cam Smith with Blue and Jeremy Purvis with Pearl on their second cast win at the UKC Winter Classic. One more night to go-Good Luck.

Congrats to both men and their hounds! Keep it rolling and best wishes to them tonight!

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 02-13-2022 02:28 AM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

To Jeremy Purvis and Nite Ch,"PR" Misty River Shadow's Blue Pearl On their High Scoring Bluetick Female win at the UKC Winter Classic in Batesville, Ms.

Old Post 02-14-2022 02:21 AM
Major18
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations, Jeremy and Pearl! Great job!

King of Hunt BBCHA, Robinson, IL
High Scoring Dog Friday BBCHA FALL ROUNDUP
1st Place Champion BBCHA, Robinson, IL
8th Place 2022 Fall Roundup
King of Hunt BBCHA Utchman Memorial
1st Place Champion BBCHA Fall Classic
1st Place Champion BBOA Zone One
King of Hunt BBCHA Vaughn Memorial
2nd place Champion 2021 BBCHA Fall Roundup
8th place 2022 BBCHA Fall Roundup

Old Post 02-14-2022 05:31 PM
Major18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Major18 Click here to Send Major18 a Private Message Click Here to Email Major18 Find more posts by Major18 Add Major18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Major18
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations, Jeremy and Pearl! Great job!

Old Post 02-14-2022 05:31 PM
Major18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Major18 Click here to Send Major18 a Private Message Click Here to Email Major18 Find more posts by Major18 Add Major18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Took Sadie out for a run last night. She made 2 trees The first one she struck and moved it in a little over 350 yards and treed up a large oak in close to a creed. I found the coon pretty quick. We walked back to the 4-wheeler and cast her again she struck another track about 150 yards and moved it on in another 300 yards and treed again. I made my way to her and this time she was treed up a small tree going up into a large den tree. We made our way back to the 4=wheeler and called it a night.

Old Post 02-16-2022 07:33 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba 11 out for a run tonight. That girl did her a good job. She treed 4 and the last one she moved well over 1200 yards and it took us a while to get to her. He was a big coon. We left them all to run again. My neighbor and his girlfriend went with me. She said that she had never been coonhunting before, but she acted like she really enjoyed it and she asked me when we were going again. We thought it was going to be a rough night, but although the wind was pretty high. It turned out to be a good night. There is suppose to be some bad stuff on the way. We called it a nite.

Old Post 02-17-2022 04:02 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Took Sadie out for a run last night. She went in a couple hundred yards and struck a cold track on a slough and worked it up the slough a ways and crossed the slough and came back down and crossed again and went back up the slough and crossed over to another slough and treed. I made my way into her. She was treed up a hugh viney oak. I shined for a while, I figured he was there, but I knew if I could not get him to look, I wouldn't ever find him. I went in and shook a couple of vines and back out to where I could see the tree and there he sat. He had moved out on a limb up near the top. I petted Sadie up and we left him to run again.

Last edited by Misty river on 03-02-2022 at 03:06 PM

Old Post 03-02-2022 02:51 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Winds first Coon

Took Sheba and Wind out tonight for a run. Wind had not been out in a while. Turned them up an old dry slough and they struck pretty quick and wind helped out some on the track and when Sheba treed Wind barked up a couple of times. I shinned the tree but did not see anything at first. but I shook a vine and two coons looked at me from the very top. We left the to run again and loaded up and moved on down the river I turned them loose again and right after I cast them I realized I didn't have my hand held for my tracking unit. I had left it at home. I called Sheba and in a couple of minutes her and the pup was back with me. I brought them out and pup Sheba in her pen and put Wind over across the road in the training pen. I loaded up Sadie and went to a place down river. I cast Sadie and she left out. She struck a cold track and moved it in about 300 yards to the river. She tried to move it farther, but I guess the coon had hit the river , so she came back and we moved on down the swampShe didn't go far and struck another cold track. She worked the track close to 500 yards and locked up treed. I made my way to her and she was treed in a hugh den tree. I leashed Sadie up and called it a night. When we got home and I put Sadie in her pen. I could hear Wind over across the road in the training pen and she was treeing hard. I haven't kept any coons in the pen in several years, but every now and then a coon or a possum will come in there after the dog feed that I keep over there sometime. Regardless of what it was I had to go look. When I got to the pen gate she hushed barking. The pen is six acreas and I didn't know exactly where she was. I waited there a few minutes. She didn't bark any more, but she didnte come out either. I tried to call her, but she didn't come. I walked toward the center of the pen and I saw her eyes I walked to where she was and she was looking up a medium sixed tree. I petted her and told her to speak to him and she went back to treeing. I looked up the tree and I could see something about 3/4 of the way up. and after a closer look I could see she had her first coon. I hadn't brought my rifle and I didn't have my leash. I left her there and walked back to the house and got a leash and my rifle. When I got back to the gate. Wind was out close to the gate I told her to speak to him girl and she took off back to the tree and started treeing. I walked in to her and petted her up good and took a couple pictures. and shot the coon out to her. I was glad the coon was almost dead because she went on him pretty good when he hit the ground and he was a bit boar coon. We went back to the gate and I tied her and got the coon and made abour a 100 yard drag and she didn't have any trouble treeing it. We will see what she will do on our next hunt.

Last edited by Misty river on 03-04-2022 at 07:22 AM

Old Post 03-04-2022 06:23 AM
Major18
UKC Forum Member

Looking good, Mr. Jack.

Old Post 03-04-2022 12:16 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Sheba 11 and Sadie

Old Post 03-30-2022 02:24 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Lake

[imp]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52033124407_a63bf33294_z.jpg[/imp]

Misty River Blue Lake

Last edited by Misty river on 04-27-2022 at 07:42 PM

Old Post 04-27-2022 07:37 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Lake

Misty River Blue Lake

Old Post 04-27-2022 08:00 PM
Joey walters
New UKC Forum Member

lake

Lake is getting big and looks good.

Old Post 04-27-2022 10:02 PM
Joey walters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joey walters Click here to Send Joey walters a Private Message Click Here to Email Joey walters Find more posts by Joey walters Add Joey walters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Took Sadie out for a run tonight, it had probably been a month since she had been out wit all the bad weather we have had and all the rain, bu its already hot and beginning to get dry. All that pen time on Sadie didnt seem to hurt her any. She did a good job tonight. She struck and treed two and did a good job on them and I looked at both of them.

Old Post 05-03-2022 06:10 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Wind

Took Wind out for a run tonight, she struck one on the first cast and left out of there with it and moved it into and across a slough and moved it up the other side for a ways and although she gave it her best she finally gave up on it. I called her in and we moved on down the river. I cast her on down the river, but she never struck. It was pretty hot tonight so we came out to the house and got something to drink. I sat around the house for about an hour and then decided to take Wind back for another run. I cast her up an old slough and she hit the ground on the run and moved up the slough about 300 yards and struck moving to the south away from the slough. She moved the track in about 200 yards and treed. I got my rifle as these water moccisines and Rattlers are pretty bad this year. I got to her and she was still treeing good. She was treed up a hugh viney oak and the 1st thing I noticed was I had forgotten my coon squaller. I believe she had him, but I never could make him look. I shook a few vines until a big limb broke and came down and hit me across the right hand and fingers and that stopped the vine shaking. Me and Wind made our way back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night. I'm liking Wind more each time I take her out.

Old Post 05-10-2022 08:55 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Good to have Sheba back in the woods

Old Post 06-01-2022 06:29 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Had Sadie out for a run tonight. She treed one pretty quick, up a hugh viney oak, but it was thick and so many leaves that I couldnt see anything. I leashed up Sade and we moved on down the river. Turned he loose down river. She went in about 150 yards and struck a working track and started moving it south down river. She got it running good and moved it on in about 700 yards and I heard a truck going up an old woods road in there close to where she was at, and I think that is hwhat messed her up as she lost the track and never could pick it up again, she tried, but never could get it going again. I didnt know who it was fishing so I didnt wait to long before I toned her in. We called it a night.

Old Post 06-04-2022 07:00 AM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Jack, did you see the PM I sent you?

Old Post 06-28-2022 02:38 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Shadinc

I did read your PM. I'm sorry about you loosing most of the pups, and I am sure sorry about you loosing your female, hopefully one of the pups will fill her shoes. I know she was a good one. Donald good hearing from you. Take care. Jack

Old Post 07-06-2022 04:58 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 1

Old Post 07-09-2022 06:49 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Tad Walters and Nite Ch."PR" Misty River Blue Bell

Congratulations to Tad Walters and Nite Ch. "PR" Misty River Blue Bell on their Win Last night qualifying for the World hunt.

Old Post 07-24-2022 08:42 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Took Sadie and Wind out for a run tonight. They struck on the first drop and moved the track in about 50 yards and treed a few barks and moved on another 50 yards and locked down this time and stayed. I walked in to them. They were treed up a large oak. There could have been a hole up there. I thought I seen his eye one time, but I never could find it again. We moved to another spot and never got a bark. We moved on down to the River and made a drop. Thhey struck a working track and kept it moving. They crossed an ole woods road and got into a bad cutover and worked in there for a while. It was good to see those young dogs work. Sadie come treed and Wind backed her. I walked in to them and they were treed up a hugh Cyprus out in the middle of all that rough stuff. It was so thick out in there that I couldnt see anything. We were not far from my deer plot and I was pretty sure I could see that Cyprus from there. Sadie stayed in there treed and Wind came out with me.I went back around and got the 4-wheeler and went to the Deer plot and when I got there I could see that cyprus tree pretty good and there sat the coon up near the top looking at me. Sadie was still treeing hard. If i had thought I could have hit him I would have shot him out to her, but that would have been a long shot I went back around as close as I could get to Sadie and called her out. We loaded up and called it a night.

Old Post 08-20-2022 07:41 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Took Sadie and Wind out for a run tonight. They struck on the first drop and moved the track in about 50 yards and treed a few barks and moved on another 50 yards and locked down this time and stayed. I walked in to them. They were treed up a large oak. There could have been a hole up there. I thought I seen his eye one time, but I never could find it again. We moved to another spot and never got a bark. We moved on down to the River and made a drop. Thhey struck a working track and kept it moving. They crossed an ole woods road and got into a bad cutover and worked in there for a while. It was good to see those young dogs work. Sadie come treed and Wind backed her. I walked in to them and they were treed up a hugh Cyprus out in the middle of all that rough stuff. It was so thick out in there that I couldnt see anything. We were not far from my deer plot and I was pretty sure I could see that Cyprus from there. Sadie stayed in there treed and Wind came out with me.I went back around and got the 4-wheeler and went to the Deer plot and when I got there I could see that cyprus tree pretty good and there sat the coon up near the top looking at me. Sadie was still treeing hard. If i had thought I could have hit him I would have shot him out to her, but that would have been a long shot I went back around as close as I could get to Sadie and called her out. We loaded up and called it a night.

Old Post 08-20-2022 07:41 AM