UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bogue Chitto Blues
Pages (87): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Pictures

I don't ever get tired of good hunting pictures Steve and you sure take some good ones. That ole moon was sure bright last night. Steve take care of ole Bo and keep putting those good pictures on here------------------Jack

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-12-2014 03:58 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

DEER

Thanks Mr. Jack. This picture isn't very good as it was getting late yesterday evening when I took it. 3 deer out past edge of my yard within plain sight of hounds 100' away. This goes on year round here and when rut comes in I will see bucks from time to time. Picture was took from porch or my deer stand, however you want to look at it. During deer season I keep the freezer full, just look out the window every now and then. Try to convince a deer hunter that our hounds Don't bother the deer and its like talking to a fence post.

Old Post 07-16-2014 04:46 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and BOO BOO

Last nights hunt was an Adventure. Mr. B. H. Patterson who is in the photo with BOO BOO and Bo came over and made a round with me and what a round this coon gave us. We went to Bo's Bottom, the 600 acre place up river from my house, and cut them down the runoff from the beaver pond. They struck a screaming Hot track within 200 feet and the race was on. They ran him hard for about 10 minutes in a thicket then popped out in the overgrown field behind the Kubota. After searching for a few minutes BOO BOO picked it back up on other side field and started working it around back side of beaver pond. Bo headed his way and got in on some more tracking before they located and went to treeing out in the pond on a strip of island. Problem was the only way I could get to them was in water about arm pit deep but I had spotted his Wide eyes from over 100' away and Bo had settled in and was really blowing the top out so I enjoyed a cool swim going to them. I leashed them up and started looking but young trees all around this turkey pine made getting my light up the pine all but impossible. I started chopping down thorn trees and bay trees and made a hole so I could shine and found an eye. Popped off a few shots and he went to getting nervous and came on out. Hit the ground like his tail was on fire and I cut em loose. What a race we heard going through and around that beaver pond for 15 more minutes and they treed again. We drove Kubota around and drove by them and I guess Bo thought his ride was leaving without him and came out as we were getting turned around. I loaded him up and grabbed the rifle and headed out again. BOO BOO was baying every breath and sounded like he had him under a bank or in a hole. Had to swim another slough and just as I got within 50' of Boo Boo the coon broke away from wherever he was bayed up and came by me hauling the mail but Boo Boo caught him right out in front of me and the fight was on. As they fought, the coon was backing toward me so I pulled out the machete and delivered the Kill Shot. Big Boar and my bullet had broke a front leg but other than that I had done no harm with my great shooting. When I got out to the Kubota and checked the time it was almost 11. We had been after this sucker for 2 hours and he made us earn this Adventure. Mr. B. H. sure enjoyed listening to those 2 brothers run his butt off, loose the track, pick it back up and tree him then my sorry shooting provided us with a chapter 2 of this story. I know there was two coon hunters proud of their ole pot lickers last night in these Bogue Chitto River Bottoms. GOOD HUNTING!

Last edited by steve bankston on 07-18-2014 at 01:12 PM

Old Post 07-18-2014 12:24 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

GOOD HUNT

Steve, now that's a hunt worth telling about. I enjoyed reading about it almost as much as you and Mr. B.H. did having it. The only thing Steve to go thru as much water as you went thru on this hunt Mr. B.H. Looks mighty dry in that picture. LOL. Good Huntin

Old Post 07-18-2014 09:16 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Mr. B H

MR. Jack, he is mighty Dry. He sticks close to the Kubota in case the batteries on my Garmin go dead he can holler me out. He said he wouldn't want me to get lost in those thickets! We have a good time and I bet last night when the shooting started he took cover! Take care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 07-18-2014 10:09 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

HUNTING

Been hunting every night but not a lot to brag about. Speck seems to be in a slump or for better terms just plain Sorry here lately. Hits some sorry tracks and some that sound pretty good but no tree at the end. Acts like he don't know how to tree a coon anymore. Not making excuses for him but he's been sneezing a lot so I changed his bedding from cedar to pine and giving him some Benadryl each day. Just want my Coon Hound back!
Bo on the other hand continues to look pretty good for a year old hound. Him and Boo Boo hit a screaming hot track last night and put him up a Beech pretty quick and I popped him out with a couple shots. They treed next to the trail so B. H. was able to get a look at the coon and see those young ones tree. Bo trees hard but Boo Boo seems a little distracted. Hopefully he will come around now that we are putting a few coons on them. Had to wait until the steady rain quit last night but once they got on one the trailing conditions couldn't have been much better. Cooler would have been nice but is a few months away yet. Good Hunting!

Old Post 07-23-2014 01:01 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Steve

These berries and cutover combined with this hot weather has gotten to a lot of hounds if truth be told. We have been treeing some coons but it hasn't been very pretty. I've had a few of those nights lately without even seeing a coon and last Saturday night I didn't even make a tree. Got to get better.

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 07-23-2014 01:33 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

NEW KENNEL

Broke ground on a new kennel I'm building here on the river this past weekend, 7-19-2014. Going to be 3 levels with top level being their houses. Putting the houses up high enough that when river floods it won't get in the houses and leave me a mess to wash out. Wanted to post this picture as the " BEFORE" and will post the " AFTER" picture when I get done. Going to use Sinker Cypress that I pulled from the river and cut with my Wood-Mizer sawmill for the siding on the outside.
Darren, if Speck don't get it together by the time I get this built I might not put his name on one. Your right, it has to get better, Good Hunting!

Old Post 07-24-2014 02:24 AM
ClaytonDaniels
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Steve
I really enjoy reading about your hunts and the progress of your pups. Myself like many others are stuck working these nights and it sure gives us something to enjoy. Really like the looks of those Bo pups!

601-466-3107

Old Post 07-24-2014 05:44 AM
ClaytonDaniels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClaytonDaniels Click here to Send ClaytonDaniels a Private Message Click Here to Email ClaytonDaniels Find more posts by ClaytonDaniels Add ClaytonDaniels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Hunting

Clayton, I'm glad you enjoy reading about these hounds. I put it on here just like it happens, good and bad. I saw your pictures over on Mr. Jacks thread and those are some nice pictures with those boys and fine hounds. Once you get the Bluetick coon hunting fever, you have it for life. Sounds like you got it! Take Care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 07-24-2014 07:40 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BAD LUCK

Wednesday evening after working on new kennel I noticed a finger on my right hand had swollen up bad. By dark it was hurting so bad I didn't go hunting and was worse yesterday so I stayed home again. This morning I went to the E R in Hammond and I have a bad staff infection. They cut the finger open to the bone to squeeze out all they could and ran antibiotic I V in me and I'm on several different meds. I asked the Doc how many nights before I could hit the swamp again. Yaw should have seen the look he gave me! He said if I wanted to keep that finger to stay out of the swamp and river a minimum of 2 weeks. And I don't need to sweat at all for a while because of the packing in the open wound. Its gonna kill me but I guess I better stay on the dang couch for a while. Yaw keep putting your stories on your threads because I have plenty of time for reading. Good Hunting or Bad is better than the darn couch!

Old Post 07-26-2014 02:03 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Steve

I'm so sorry about your infection problem. They tell me that Staff is a bad thing. I had a friend that had it on his face and he never got over it, Not saying that to make you feel worse, but to make you real careful with it and to do exactly what those doctors tell you. I'll keep you in my prayers my friend and hope that your back chasing ole Bo shortly.

Old Post 07-26-2014 02:48 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Infection

Thanks MR. Jack. When life knocks us down all we can do is get back up and dust ourselves off and continue on. I will be Very careful the next couple weeks because as you say it could get bad if not allowed to heal properly. Maybe a couple weeks off for Speck is what he needs to get back to treeing those coons. Take Care and thanks for the Prayers.

Old Post 07-26-2014 11:27 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Finger

Went to Dr. today for them to check finger and good news is its not any worse but bad news is its not any better. They pulled the packing out of the 2 holes they had cut into my finger and that didn't feel very good, OUCH! Rewrapped it and I go back early Thursday morning and if its no better then I go into the hospital for surgery. They will really cut it then and lay it open to clean some more. Hoping I'm much better Thursday and don't have to go thru that. I have sat on this couch more the last few days than I have all year combined. Can't hunt, swim the hounds, fish or work on new kennel. Even though its hot yaw enjoy tromping through the swamps and briars because the worst hunt beats the best day on the couch. There ain't nothing on TV but depressing news from all over the world. Don't know why I spend 80 bucks a month for this crap. Told the wife if TV don't get better before I do I might just turn it off. Could use that money to feed a couple more hounds that she could handle for me and we could spend quality time together in the woods. I just got the LOOK! No reply, maybe she's considering it! LOL!

Old Post 07-28-2014 11:17 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

ON THE COUCH

Not much to talk about since I'm not able to hunt but I did get some good news a couple days ago. Mark V. bred his Dizzy gyp to Piazon and I had been on the list since the Winter Classic and was on the bubble as to whether I would get a female or not. It worked out that I am and Corky is picking her up this weekend. Dizzy is Bocephus sister and Bocephus is the sire of my BO. Soooo looking way down the road if this pup makes a good one I would cross her back on her Uncle Bocephus or my Bo, but that's a couple years down the road. I always like to plan though and work hard at making things happen. I will name her Bankstons Perfect Storm. Call her Storm. Her and Rain will be close to same age and good for hunting late winter or early spring with a lot of other ground work on handling, loading, swimming ect. to be done until then. Bo should be about finished with another good season under his collar along with Bell hopefully. She's been in heat last couple weeks but will be good to go when my finger lets me get back in the woods. Can't wait for some Good Hunting!

Old Post 07-30-2014 02:20 AM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

guess we traded spots im back at it with dual grand penny and penny II looking great and get my groove back hunting straight thru haven't missed a night in at least a couple weeks

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 07-30-2014 03:08 AM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Steve

How is that hand doing. I know its not been two weeks yet, but I know it seems a lot longer than that to you. I hope you are on the mend. I'm about ready to read of some more hunt from you and Speck and Bo. Take care

Old Post 08-02-2014 02:21 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

MISSING HUNTING

MR. Jack, I'm doing ok. Went back to the DR. yesterday and was told to stay inside and not to be outside doing anything for another week. They have me on 2 high powered antibiotic's and it's just a waiting game letting it heal from the inside out where they cut me in 2 spots when they cleaned it last Friday. I was real tempted to put a freezer bag on it tonight and duct tape it up good and go hunting but the wife must have hid both because I couldn't find either. I know how Steeb felt a while back when his injury had him on the couch reading everyone's good stories. Stories are great but nothing beats being out in the woods with those hounds. You and Tramp take care MR. Jack and thanks for checking in, Good Hunting!

Old Post 08-02-2014 03:32 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

RAIN and MASON

Mason came by yesterday to check on his Paw Paw and got into a tug a war with Rain over one of my old retired work boots. Rain spends many an hour every day fighting that old boot and chewing on it. I sit there and imagine it's a coon she has a hold to. Getting in her practice for the big fights in the night to come later in life.

Old Post 08-02-2014 01:10 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Steve

That is quite a picture. It would look great in one of your kid stories in the blue book, or on the cover.send it in to Ed and see what they think. Everyone is always wanting to do things to get the kids more interested in our sport. What could give them more of a boost than to see one of their own on the cover of the Blue Book. Take care.

Last edited by Misty river on 08-03-2014 at 07:05 AM

Old Post 08-03-2014 06:55 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Steve

How is that hand doing my friend, sure miss hearing about some of your coonhunts. I hope that hand is on the mend and you and Bo will soon be back chasing those coons all over Bogue Chitto Swamp. Take care

Old Post 08-07-2014 06:29 AM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

STEVE

Hey buddy , good luck with that finger. Hopefully you will be hitting the woods soon!!

Darren

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 08-07-2014 12:23 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

HUNTING

MR. Jack and Darren, thanks for checking in and the finger is much better the last couple days. I have Dr. appointment at 1pm today. I will tell yaw something I'm NOT telling the DR., I went hunting yesterday morning and this morning at 4am. I couldn't stand it anymore on the couch. I taped the bandage up good with some good water proof tape and BO and I hit it. Took Bo and Bell yesterday morning and he struck within 200yds and smoked one for about 5 minutes and hit the tree. Bell didn't go deep enough to get struck but on my way to the tree she fell treed about 50yds before I got to Bo. I checked her tree and there was a little one up it and Bo had the big one which I figured was the sow so I left it. On way back to 4-wheeler Bo went to bawling so I cut him and he fell treed about 70yds to my right and had a kit coon. I loaded them up and came home, didn't want to push my luck with this finger. This morning I just took BO and he worked a decent track up Black Branch for a few hundred yards and treed up a big water oak. I could see good on one side but didn't find him, loaded up and came home. It didn't do me any good the 2 weeks on the couch but BO must have needed it cause he really looked good. I took video yesterday morning and this morning I will post later. Speck and Bell will go in the morning. Bell is a sure enough tree dog but she's lacking on trailing so I put out a bucket with OLE ROY in it this morning. Hoping to get her on a few hot tracks the next couple weeks and get her going. She's plenty old enough it needs to happen pretty quick or else. Good Hunting!

Old Post 08-07-2014 03:09 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO VIDEO

Here is video of BO I took this morning. It was thick and I was packing my rifle so its not the best video. BO is really rolling here lately and if he keeps it up we will be headed to the Fall Roundup to see how he stacks up in his first hunt. Click on black picture to see and hear video. GOOD HUNTING!

Old Post 08-08-2014 01:44 AM
nationwide
UKC Forum Member

hello mr steve i was just gonna let you know i lost all the pups out of skeeter.I really dont know what happened if it was the heat or bad milk.I plan on trying her again next heat cycle maybe it will be a little cooler anyways thanks for your interest and i will stay in touch.
thanks Jeremy purvis

chntch dry creek ruby
pr'misty river blue penny again

Old Post 08-08-2014 02:59 PM
nationwide is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nationwide Click here to Send nationwide a Private Message Find more posts by nationwide Add nationwide to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote