UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > BLAKESLEY REDBONES - A Tribute to Roy Blakesley
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

BLAKESLEY REDBONES - A Tribute to Roy Blakesley

I thought I would start this thread to see who all has Blakesley breeding out there, Please post pictures and pedigrees. I still have some of this bloodline. Feel free to post what you have. I would like to thank Robert Stoll and Jack Camden for introducing me to this line of dogs in the early 90's. 4 years ago I went to a bench show in Warsaw NY and could'nt believe my eyes as I saw a fellow there with two heavy bred Blakesley dogs. I think it would be nice to see who has what. The best tribute we could make to this line is to know who has what; and possibly their could be some future crosses made! Also thanks to Dave Pelzer in MN for his contribution to this line!! Let's see Blakesley dogs!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-19-2014 08:20 PM
timber hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timber hunter Click here to Send timber hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email timber hunter Find more posts by timber hunter Add timber hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

Deepwoods Northern Red Tiger

Old Post 10-20-2014 01:50 AM
timber hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timber hunter Click here to Send timber hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email timber hunter Find more posts by timber hunter Add timber hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

Tiger

Tiger's mom made NiteCh with 2 first places and a third, I never had the papers update!!

Old Post 10-20-2014 01:58 AM
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

Sure like to see

what else is out there, please post some pictures and pedigree's!!

Old Post 10-20-2014 02:15 AM
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

The Scout Dog

Is a very heavy bred Blakesley dog. As you look at Rixhams Redhill Duke you will notice that in Tiger's pedigree he has him in the top and bottom. I will post some more information about this pedigree. Tiger's Father NiteCh Deepwoods Northern Giz was one of the very best hounds I have ever owned. He was a great competition dog and had it all in one package.

Old Post 10-20-2014 05:33 PM
OldFashRed
UKC Forum Member

Old one

Old Post 11-03-2014 03:38 AM
OldFashRed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OldFashRed Click here to Send OldFashRed a Private Message Click Here to Email OldFashRed Visit OldFashRed's homepage! Find more posts by OldFashRed Add OldFashRed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K.CONNER
UKC Forum Member

reddog

now thats one fine looking hound!!!!!!! man what a head on a reddog....

Old Post 11-11-2014 12:18 AM
K.CONNER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K.CONNER Click here to Send K.CONNER a Private Message Click Here to Email K.CONNER Find more posts by K.CONNER Add K.CONNER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

Here is a Female

I got from Robert Stoll that was really heavy Blakesley Bred in the mid 90's!!

Old Post 12-13-2014 09:45 PM
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

anyone else

have any pictures or stories to tell?

Old Post 12-30-2014 07:21 AM
HeathBlakesley
UKC Forum Member

Back in the family!

Hello, my name is Heath Blakesley & Roy was & is my grandfather. Roy died in 1983 & my dad, John, died the next year. I was 8 & 9 years old then & now I'm 40. I came up with this crazy Idea to try get one of my grandfathers dogs & bring back a little to the legacy. My grandpa bred great Redbone Coonhounds, some of the best! & as a tribute to him I felt the need to find his bloodline. Thanks to Dave Pelzer I found what I was looking for. I bought a female from him in Dec. 2014 & I've been training her up & she is looking great! Should make a great coon dog for this coming season. I wanted to get another dog to hunt & thought maybe I could extend the legacy my grandfather left. I'm looking for a male puppy to hunt & breed with my female. I don't want to become a breeder like my grandpa but I would like to breed my dog once or twice at least. If anyone has any idea who I could talk to about getting a quality male Redbone puppy maybe farther down the bloodline or just a quality dog with the same features. Hunting blood is my main priority & second is the square face, long ears, & a dark, consistent, red coloring like my grandpa's dogs. If anyone could help me find what I'm looking for it would be appreciated

Old Post 05-31-2015 03:12 PM
HeathBlakesley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HeathBlakesley Click here to Send HeathBlakesley a Private Message Click Here to Email HeathBlakesley Find more posts by HeathBlakesley Add HeathBlakesley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

Hi Heath

It's great to have you on here. The truth is that most of our redbones have way back in their pedigree's some of your grandfather and father hounds. When I started this thread I was hoping it would draw some more attention from others that have Blakesley bred redbones; so we could see who has what. I do know that there is more around than you might think. I have semen on the one hound in the above pictures that has a lot of the Blakesley line. I only have 6 straws and I would like to use some one of these days on the right female. Thanks John Dell

Old Post 05-31-2015 06:08 PM
Rimfire
UKC Forum Member

My Blakesley girls

All of these girls have a good bit of Blakesley on the bottom side if their pedigree. I like lots of the traits the line gives when bred to my boys.

Ability•Brains•Beauty

Old Post 06-06-2015 10:35 PM
Rimfire is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rimfire Click here to Send Rimfire a Private Message Click Here to Email Rimfire Visit Rimfire's homepage! Find more posts by Rimfire Add Rimfire to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
finch
UKC Forum Member

Rimfire

You've got some beautiful hounds there. Nice and houndy-looking. I've got a couple of questions for you if you can find the patience to answer them.

1) They look to be tall. What's their height at the shoulder?

2) What are their voices like on track and tree?

3) The one with the purple collar looks to be especially long-eared. Ever measure her ear to ear across the top of the head?

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited by finch on 06-07-2015 at 05:31 AM

Old Post 06-07-2015 05:28 AM
finch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for finch Click here to Send finch a Private Message Find more posts by finch Add finch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rimfire
UKC Forum Member

Thank you
With exception of the bottom one they are all big girls at the top of the standard. I have not measured ears before but I should.
my dogs don't see nearly the woods time they deserve but they are all coon crazy.
top to bottom of the pictures.
Moxie
Is 2 years old , has a big mouth especially for a bitch. She is predominantly a bawl mouth on track and does bawl on tree as well but it depends how hot the track is. I think I haven't hunted her enough for her to settle on her style. Even in the yard she bawl vs chops. She is about 65lbs

Chickee (next 2 pics )
just bought her this past December as my friend offered her to me. She comes from a male of my breeding and a female of Blakesley breeding. She has an average mouth and only have started exposing her to training. She isnt the tallest of the girls but is big all around she is close to 70 lbs but is hard to keep weight on.

Karma (purple collar)
Karma is a Blakesley bred mother bred to a Sandy creek jake son. She is by far the most gamey dog I have, she has the heart and just enough grit but brains to not get hurt. She is tall and built for speed 65 pds . Karma however has no voice, she whispers or at most sounds like a seal. It breaks my heart as I haven't bred her because of that. I also don't hunt her as I can't hear her but have trained her to be a blood tracker to recover deer.

Pyper
is a littermate to moxie. She is the smallest of the girls at about 50 lbs. She too has a nice mouth bawl/chop on track and the same on tree but we have only done drags with her.

Ability•Brains•Beauty

Old Post 06-07-2015 02:06 PM
Rimfire is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rimfire Click here to Send Rimfire a Private Message Click Here to Email Rimfire Visit Rimfire's homepage! Find more posts by Rimfire Add Rimfire to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HeathBlakesley
UKC Forum Member

Great hounds

You can sure tell just by looking at them that they have a lot of my grandpa's bloodline in them! I know I'll never find a Redbone with as much Blakesley in it as I want but I want to try & get the most I can & take it from there to produce the Blakesley 2.0 Bloodline, so to speak. Would like to make my Grandpa & uncle proud.
Heath Blakesley

Old Post 06-07-2015 09:06 PM
HeathBlakesley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HeathBlakesley Click here to Send HeathBlakesley a Private Message Click Here to Email HeathBlakesley Find more posts by HeathBlakesley Add HeathBlakesley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HeathBlakesley
UKC Forum Member

Pictures?

How did you guys post your pictures on here? Trying to post some but I don't see a way to do it?

Old Post 06-07-2015 09:08 PM
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

go to

photobucket and open an account then upload pictures to site, once the picture is uploaded. look on the right side and there are different addresses to connect to the picture, click on the one that starts with IMG and it will automatically copy.

Then come back here and reply to a thread and then paste the copied image. it will look like a web address, but when you hit post on the thread it will come through as the picture.

gl

Old Post 06-07-2015 09:45 PM
finch
UKC Forum Member

Danielle of Rimfire

Thanks for responding so thoroughly to my pesky questions.

I sure like the looks of Karma. I'll bet she got those longer ears from Sandy Creek Jake, who I heard was pretty houndy looking.

There is really nice fella out here in Colorado by the name of Phil Samuelson, a Redbone breeder who also has some really fine looking Redbone hounds as well (some Sierra stock but other strains as well), and I believe he had previously sent me a photo of Karma that he got somehow because he knows I appreciate a houndier-looking dog. Pity about her voice. Maybe she strained it too much when she was young. I doubt it's genetic. I'll bet that if you bred Karma to a big, loud male, like, say, Phil's Nitro who has a big booming bawl mouth (though maybe you've already got a male like that), you'd get pups with plenty of voice.

Chickee is also very good-looking in that extra houndy way I like.

I've just got all-blue blueticks right now that I run on cats, but I'd like to get a Redbone or two some time next Spring so I'm checking out various strains. Of course, I've got my eye on Blakesleys as well as a couple of other strains.

Very handsome hounds.

Best of luck with all your dogs.

Tom

Last edited by finch on 06-08-2015 at 04:41 AM

Old Post 06-07-2015 11:12 PM
finch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for finch Click here to Send finch a Private Message Find more posts by finch Add finch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

Here's an add from 1994

Old Post 06-08-2015 10:34 PM
rpfirman
UKC Forum Member

Blakesley's redbones

I hope you like this one i have more enjoy

Old Post 06-17-2015 10:35 PM
rpfirman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rpfirman Click here to Send rpfirman a Private Message Click Here to Email rpfirman Find more posts by rpfirman Add rpfirman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rimfire
UKC Forum Member

Love seeing the ads!

I am saving all of these to my archives.. keep posting them!

Ability•Brains•Beauty

Old Post 06-17-2015 10:48 PM
rpfirman
UKC Forum Member

Here is another Blakesley's picture

Old Post 06-17-2015 10:51 PM
rpfirman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rpfirman Click here to Send rpfirman a Private Message Click Here to Email rpfirman Find more posts by rpfirman Add rpfirman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

Roy and Treeing Judd

Roy and Northern Todd

Roy and Captain Kid

Red with Maude

Gun was owned by Terry Finder, hunted with him and I have NEVER heard a bawl mouth like he had!!!

Moose--litter mate to Scout. Cross him twice on Cameron's Penny and every pup was above avg.

Cheta II, dam to Moose and Scout and my Daughter Jenni. Made to trips to MO and bred to Gun, found out he was unable to reproduce.

This was Northern Buck---he died at an early age due to an accident while hunting. He was 3 generations down out of the Moose X Penny cross on the bottom and his top side was mostly Wrighter blood. He was special--looks, voice, nose, speed and personality all in one hide.

Happy hunting and remember to have fun!!

Last edited by OLD TIMER on 06-21-2015 at 03:18 AM

Old Post 06-21-2015 02:52 AM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rimfire
UKC Forum Member

Old Timer

who was gun out of? do you know of any littermates to him that may have produced?

Northern Buck is in all my girls pedigrees, happy to have a picture of him!

anyone have pics of these?
Blakesleys red October
Blakesleys red George

or bucks sire - GRCH PR Tuckers Mike? he sired 232 pups

Anyone know what are the dogs names that were in the ad photos?

Ability•Brains•Beauty

Old Post 06-24-2015 03:00 PM
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

I a looking

to breed Semen from my Tiger dog to a nice houndy Blakesley Female.

Old Post 06-24-2015 03:23 PM