UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > coonhunting mules
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
walkerrunnersc
UKC Forum Member

coonhunting mules

lets see some pics of hunters hunting off mules andthe dogs

In The Making
pr Stylish Diesel

Equipment Used:
Pine Top Lights
Garmin 220
Sportdog E-Collar
Nite Lite and Dan Clothing
Woods and Water Dog Boxes

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-18-2011 11:34 PM
walkerrunnersc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerrunnersc Click here to Send walkerrunnersc a Private Message Click Here to Email walkerrunnersc Find more posts by walkerrunnersc Add walkerrunnersc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

hunting mules

i have a old mule that was coonhunted off of and also rode her squriell hunting but we are both in the same boat im to old and crippled up to get on her anymore and shes to old and wore out to carry me around but i cant post any pics my computer is messed up but i would enjoy seeing pics of them

Old Post 12-19-2011 01:36 AM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerrunnersc
UKC Forum Member

have always wanted to coonhunt off one but never have done it but bring pics on fellas

In The Making
pr Stylish Diesel

Equipment Used:
Pine Top Lights
Garmin 220
Sportdog E-Collar

Old Post 12-19-2011 01:53 AM
walkerrunnersc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerrunnersc Click here to Send walkerrunnersc a Private Message Click Here to Email walkerrunnersc Find more posts by walkerrunnersc Add walkerrunnersc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
muleman232
UKC Forum Member

coon hunting mules

I coon hunt and squirrel hunt off mules.I live in the eastern panhandle of west virginia. I'm old and it makes these hills a little easier. I ride the larger horse size mules.We trail ride in the fall and summer also.I'll try to get some pictures on here soon if I can get my daughter to do it.

Old Post 12-19-2011 02:33 AM
muleman232 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for muleman232 Click here to Send muleman232 a Private Message Click Here to Email muleman232 Find more posts by muleman232 Add muleman232 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerrunnersc
UKC Forum Member

thanks

bring on pics

In The Making
pr Stylish Diesel

Equipment Used:
Pine Top Lights
Garmin 220
Sportdog E-Collar

Old Post 12-19-2011 02:16 PM
Redoak Redbones
UKC Forum Member

Give me a few years I'm planning on getting my paint mare bred to my brother inlaws horse size donkey should get nice colorful mule for coon hunting with

PR Redoak DW Swamp Doctor Silas

Old Post 12-19-2011 03:23 PM
Redoak Redbones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redoak Redbones Click here to Send Redoak Redbones a Private Message Click Here to Email Redoak Redbones Find more posts by Redoak Redbones Add Redoak Redbones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Well here's my mule.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 12-19-2011 05:46 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ray&Luie
UKC Forum Member

Mules

Good lookin Mule Jim, will he jump a Fence ?

Ray Hudson

Old Post 12-19-2011 05:49 PM
Ray&Luie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ray&Luie Click here to Send Ray&Luie a Private Message Find more posts by Ray&Luie Add Ray&Luie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
muleman232
UKC Forum Member

Barney and I

Old Post 12-20-2011 12:17 AM
muleman232 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for muleman232 Click here to Send muleman232 a Private Message Click Here to Email muleman232 Find more posts by muleman232 Add muleman232 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
muleman232
UKC Forum Member

the view from the top

Old Post 12-20-2011 12:18 AM
muleman232
UKC Forum Member

Gracie and Barney

Old Post 12-20-2011 12:19 AM
muleman232
UKC Forum Member

Barney

Old Post 12-20-2011 12:20 AM
longshot
UKC Forum Member

Missouri Mules.

Old Post 12-20-2011 12:54 AM
longshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for longshot Click here to Send longshot a Private Message Find more posts by longshot Add longshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Red Fever
UKC Forum Member

You want pictures....I've got em! :)

We have 4 coonhunting mules and just love them. I don't think Aubrey would hunt any other way during season. Nothing like good dogs, good friends, and a good mule!

Carl & our Polly taken 12/18/11

Skinning

Zeb & our little Laura mule taking a break

Carl & Polly going up

Carl & our Polly, Zeb & our Laura, and Terry & his Rusty mule

GRNITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH PR Red Fever Hot Iron Ox & FCH CH PR Red Fever Shake Rattle N Roll

Aubrey and Ann Butler

VISIT: http://redfeverredbones.tripod.com/

Check Out Our What's Available Page For Upcoming Litters

Home of:
GRNITCH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH PR Jack Pine Duke (only current living Quad Grand)
GRNITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH PR Red Fever Hot Iron Ox (October 2017 #6 Current Reproducer)
GRNITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH PR Red Fever Gangsters Pair A Dice
GRNITECH GRFCH GRCH PR Red Ryders Red Fever Tater (2013 ARCA Overall Hunt Winner)
NITECH GRCH PR' Two Worlds Collide (2 wins towards GRNITE, pts toward FCH WCH, Former #1 Reproducer)
NITECH GRWCH GRFCH GRCH PR Red Fever Razor's Rip N Tear
NITECH GRFCH GRCH WCH Red Fever Ain't Going Down
NITECH GRCH PR Tree Rizin' Razor's Lil' Ghost
NITECH GRFCH GRCH PR Red Fever Full of Mischief
NITECH GRFCH PR Red Fever Phantom By Moonlight
NITECH FCH GRCH PR Goza's Sing Along Country Girl
NITECH GRCH PR Red Fever Let Er Rip Taterchip
NITECH WCH GRCH GRFCH PR Red Fever Baby Likes To Rock
FCH CH PR Red Fever Rip Tearn' Beast Mode (wins toward NITECH, WCH)
WCH CH PR Red Fever Beware The Ricochet (wins toward FCH, NITECH)

****We use and recommend BLAZER Lights****

Last edited by Red Fever on 11-24-2012 at 12:39 AM

Old Post 12-20-2011 01:05 AM
Red Fever is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Red Fever Click here to Send Red Fever a Private Message Click Here to Email Red Fever Visit Red Fever's homepage! Find more posts by Red Fever Add Red Fever to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Red Fever
UKC Forum Member

Polly hauling out a good nights kill.....sure beats packing them!

mules in back of truck

Aubrey & Jackson

Clyde treeing with our Rusty waiting in the wings

Terry skinning off of our Rusty

Rusty, Aubrey, Jackson and NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH PR Red Fever Razors Rip N Tear, GRNITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH PR Red Fever Hot Iron Ox, and NITECH GRCH Two Worlds Collide with some of last seasons' coon

Aubrey and Ann Butler

VISIT: http://redfeverredbones.tripod.com/

Check Out Our What's Available Page For Upcoming Litters

Home of:
GRNITCH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH PR Jack Pine Duke (only current living Quad Grand)
GRNITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH PR Red Fever Hot Iron Ox (October 2017 #6 Current Reproducer)
GRNITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH PR Red Fever Gangsters Pair A Dice
GRNITECH GRFCH GRCH PR Red Ryders Red Fever Tater (2013 ARCA Overall Hunt Winner)
NITECH GRCH PR' Two Worlds Collide (2 wins towards GRNITE, pts toward FCH WCH, Former #1 Reproducer)
NITECH GRWCH GRFCH GRCH PR Red Fever Razor's Rip N Tear
NITECH GRFCH GRCH WCH Red Fever Ain't Going Down
NITECH GRCH PR Tree Rizin' Razor's Lil' Ghost
NITECH GRFCH GRCH PR Red Fever Full of Mischief
NITECH GRFCH PR Red Fever Phantom By Moonlight
NITECH FCH GRCH PR Goza's Sing Along Country Girl
NITECH GRCH PR Red Fever Let Er Rip Taterchip
NITECH WCH GRCH GRFCH PR Red Fever Baby Likes To Rock
FCH CH PR Red Fever Rip Tearn' Beast Mode (wins toward NITECH, WCH)
WCH CH PR Red Fever Beware The Ricochet (wins toward FCH, NITECH)

****We use and recommend BLAZER Lights****

Last edited by Red Fever on 12-20-2011 at 01:31 AM

Old Post 12-20-2011 01:18 AM
Red Fever is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Red Fever Click here to Send Red Fever a Private Message Click Here to Email Red Fever Visit Red Fever's homepage! Find more posts by Red Fever Add Red Fever to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

mules

all of you guys got some nice looking mules my old kit mule is a paint i might see if any the grand kids has a way to get a pic of her and get it posted on here but like i say she has been retired for a few yrs she just eats and take it easy for the rest of her days you guys mules bigger than mine but she was a go getter in her young days

Old Post 12-20-2011 01:48 AM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cashie Swamp
UKC Forum Member

This is one thing I have always wanted to do maybe one day I will get my wish if anyone don't mind a tag along I would love the opportunity to do this one time I have a decent walker female that would tag along. But good looking pictures there guys

252-325-4949
Earl Hoggard

www.cashieswampkennels.webs.com

Born to serve and protect.

COON HUNTIN Its not a hobby its a way of life

Old Post 12-20-2011 02:09 AM
Cashie Swamp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cashie Swamp Click here to Send Cashie Swamp a Private Message Click Here to Email Cashie Swamp Visit Cashie Swamp's homepage! Find more posts by Cashie Swamp Add Cashie Swamp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerrunnersc
UKC Forum Member

man is any of yal around sc and how far do yall usually hike up through the woods

In The Making
pr Stylish Diesel

Equipment Used:
Pine Top Lights
Garmin 220
Sportdog E-Collar

Old Post 12-20-2011 04:30 AM
SCBluetickGal
UKC Forum Member

I've wanted to try this too. I'm a horse person, but haven't had much interaction with mules. The ones in those pictures look awfully good natured though!

CH'PR'Moss Blue Carolina Rain-Queen of Show, BBOA Zone 6 Championship
NITECH CH 'PR' Carolina Flo
CH 'PR' Poison Whiskey Waylon
CH 'PR' Cruse's I'm Your Huckleberry
CH'PR' PoisonWhiskey WildHoney
'PR' Poison Whiskey CowgirlsDontCry
CH'PR' Bowers & O'Connor's Foxy Roxy
PoisonWhiskey SonOfTheSouth

Poison Whiskey Hello Darlin'-2013 AL State BMOS, AL State Hall of Fame King of Show

PoisonWhiskey LilMsHonkyTonk

Coming Soon...
PoisonWhiskeyMaybeItWasMemphis
PoisonWhiskey Heart Like Mine
-------------------------
In loving memory...
CCH GRCH 'PR' Swampland Blue Gypsy-RIP sweet girl
'PR' Miller Time

Old Post 12-20-2011 02:16 PM
SCBluetickGal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SCBluetickGal Click here to Send SCBluetickGal a Private Message Click Here to Email SCBluetickGal Find more posts by SCBluetickGal Add SCBluetickGal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by SCBluetickGal
I've wanted to try this too. I'm a horse person, but haven't had much interaction with mules. The ones in those pictures look awfully good natured though!
if you been around horses you will like a mule they are much more sure footed than a horse ive been around both from a kid but you get a good mule you got a good 1 but you get a bad 1 you really got to watch they seem to be worse than a horse not all but most mules have to get to know you they aint as trusting as a horse my old mule dont want to be around strange people if you take a strange person to the barn they have to stand in the feed room or she wont come in the barn i go by myself she comes right in and goes to her stall

Old Post 12-20-2011 02:54 PM
Ray&Luie
UKC Forum Member

Mules

quote:
Originally posted by hillbilly56
if you been around horses you will like a mule they are much more sure footed than a horse ive been around both from a kid but you get a good mule you got a good 1 but you get a bad 1 you really got to watch they seem to be worse than a horse not all but most mules have to get to know you they aint as trusting as a horse my old mule dont want to be around strange people if you take a strange person to the barn they have to stand in the feed room or she wont come in the barn i go by myself she comes right in and goes to her stall

Cattle are that way too, my dad raised feeder Calves and if a strainger came up theyed run to the back of the feild , but if you was in my dad old truck theyd come runnin....

Ray Hudson

Old Post 12-20-2011 03:10 PM
Ray&Luie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ray&Luie Click here to Send Ray&Luie a Private Message Find more posts by Ray&Luie Add Ray&Luie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CARL GUDGEON
UKC Forum Member

mules

They are a blast to hunt off of in these hills. Here is Aubrey's mule jumping a fence.

Some pictures i had from a hunt this fall. I don't have a mule but i sure want one.

NT CH GR F CH CH'PR' RED FEVER CHIEF -

'PR' GUDGEON'S TAKE A CHANCE - POINTS TOWARDS CH and WCH

Nt Ch GR CH 'PR' GUDGEON'S CLYDE "JUNIOR" AND POINTS TOWARD FT CH

'PR' GUDGEON'S LIVING THE DREAM (Dreamer) 2 1st place wins
PR GUDGEON'S MAGGIE
CH 'PR' GUDGEON'S WILD WILLY
PR GUDGEON'S Fog Horn
PR GUDGEON'S JACK
'PR'GUDGEON'S SING ALONG DANCE

Old Post 12-20-2011 04:17 PM
CARL GUDGEON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CARL GUDGEON Click here to Send CARL GUDGEON a Private Message Click Here to Email CARL GUDGEON Find more posts by CARL GUDGEON Add CARL GUDGEON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

mules

dont think my old mule could jump a very high fence any more think shes gettin artaritis in her old joints she gets pretty stiff in her joints in the fall wnd winter its been alot of rain and damp here so far this winter i give her a bute pill about every other day when its cool and damp helps her a good bit

Old Post 12-20-2011 04:49 PM
stsjts
UKC Forum Member

Wow that looks fun i always wanted to hunt off of them. I got a couple ? Ive heard a few people say the mules can sometimes tell when the dogs are treed and start to want to go towards them. Also what does a good broke mule that can jump usally cost?

Old Post 12-20-2011 10:30 PM
stsjts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stsjts Click here to Send stsjts a Private Message Click Here to Email stsjts Find more posts by stsjts Add stsjts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by stsjts
Wow that looks fun i always wanted to hunt off of them. I got a couple ? Ive heard a few people say the mules can sometimes tell when the dogs are treed and start to want to go towards them. Also what does a good broke mule that can jump usally cost?
lots a green dollars lol

Old Post 12-20-2011 11:35 PM