UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > College Wrestling
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mulerider
UKC Forum Member

Iowa Public TV has Iowa State vs Northern Iowa on today at 2:00pm. The Panthers can put some wrestlers on the mat too.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-16-2007 04:31 PM
mulerider is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mulerider Click here to Send mulerider a Private Message Find more posts by mulerider Add mulerider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RH.
UKC Forum Member

Anyone watch the meet?...I thought overall both teams looked like they were not prepared..a lot of sloppieness in a few of those matches....espeacially Moza Fay vs. Reader

Old Post 12-17-2007 04:29 PM
RH. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RH. Click here to Send RH. a Private Message Find more posts by RH. Add RH. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mulerider
UKC Forum Member

I agreee. It seemed like they were not fired up at all. The announcers were blaming it on just being done with finals and practice was a little light last week. Who knows?

Old Post 12-17-2007 05:49 PM
mulerider is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mulerider Click here to Send mulerider a Private Message Find more posts by mulerider Add mulerider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RH.
UKC Forum Member

This pertains to Highschool wrestling but anyone who is not busy on Saturday should go check out the Independence Tourney..All #1 ranked teams for each class will be going at with a whole pile of very highly ranked individuals being there also.

Old Post 12-20-2007 09:22 PM
RH. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RH. Click here to Send RH. a Private Message Find more posts by RH. Add RH. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
raven
UKC Forum Member

Steenlage

What do you guys from Iowa know about a guy named Bob Steenlage? I heard he was one of Iowa's best wrestlers to come out of the state. I believe he was undefeated in high school.

T-TOP RAT Pups 122
NiteCh 8-GrNiteCh 5-10.66%

T-TOP RABBLE ROUSER Pups 190
NiteCh 11-GrNiteCh 13-12.63%

Old Post 12-21-2007 02:09 AM
raven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for raven Click here to Send raven a Private Message Find more posts by raven Add raven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RH.
UKC Forum Member

I'm pretty sure he was the first 4X state champion in Iowa..So that takes a real tough SOB to accomplish that.

Old Post 12-21-2007 02:23 AM
Kennie G
UKC Forum Member

R.H. is correct he was the 1st 4 time champ. Don't know as he was undefeated but being a 4 time champ is a feat. When I was in high school he was a motivational speaker he spoke at my school in the early '90's

Old Post 12-22-2007 12:34 AM
Kennie G is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kennie G Click here to Send Kennie G a Private Message Find more posts by Kennie G Add Kennie G to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CoondogUp
UKC Forum Member

Iowa Wrestling

I grew up in Traer, IA and wrestled for North Tama HS. I sure miss Iowa wrestling. Some of my best memories were in the old Veterans Arena in Des Moines. I have 3 boy's wrestling now; one that wrestles at the University of Great Falls (home of the Zadick's) and two that wrestle for Cary HS in North Carolina. It's amazing of how many coonhunters that wrestle. Mark Smith younger brother of John Smith enjoys turning a good hound out.

HOME OF:

RIP: GRCH GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR' HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER (SKIPPER X UNFORGIVENS PAIGE) Frozen Semen Available

RIP: GRNITECH 'PR' IOWA STYLE EXTREME LIZZY (GCH GRNITECH Bear Creek Hanna daughter)

GRWCH GRNITECH GRCH Belly Buster (Drifter x Half Breed Joey)

GRNITECH GRCH Iowa Style Wild Storm (Big D & 6 shots of Clover)

Last edited by CoondogUp on 12-23-2007 at 06:02 AM

Old Post 12-22-2007 04:23 AM
CoondogUp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CoondogUp Click here to Send CoondogUp a Private Message Click Here to Email CoondogUp Find more posts by CoondogUp Add CoondogUp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chosen2
Banned

Didn't Lee Kemp from WI defeat Gable 7/6.

Old Post 12-22-2007 04:53 PM
chosen2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chosen2 Click here to Send chosen2 a Private Message Click Here to Email chosen2 Find more posts by chosen2 Add chosen2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kennie G
UKC Forum Member

Gable's one loss in college was to Larry Owings from washington, 13-11 in overtime. NCAA finals his senior year.

Old Post 12-23-2007 02:15 AM
Kennie G is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kennie G Click here to Send Kennie G a Private Message Find more posts by Kennie G Add Kennie G to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RH.
UKC Forum Member

Iowa = Midlands tournament Champions!!!

Old Post 12-31-2007 03:36 AM
ron denham
UKC Forum Member

Great pics reminded me when I wrestled. awsome sport

Old Post 12-31-2007 04:00 AM
ron denham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ron denham Click here to Send ron denham a Private Message Click Here to Email ron denham Find more posts by ron denham Add ron denham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
z sinnwell
UKC Forum Member

Iowa NCAA Champs!!! Where is Minnesota and ISU at now? LOL just jokin around. The finals are gonna have some good matches.

Old Post 03-23-2008 01:46 AM
z sinnwell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for z sinnwell Click here to Send z sinnwell a Private Message Find more posts by z sinnwell Add z sinnwell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RH.
UKC Forum Member

Metcalf and Perry are animals and I just don't know what to say about Slatons match!!!

Old Post 03-23-2008 03:35 AM
z sinnwell
UKC Forum Member

Slaton's match was a little to quick. To bad it had to end that fast.

Old Post 03-23-2008 03:45 AM
z sinnwell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for z sinnwell Click here to Send z sinnwell a Private Message Find more posts by z sinnwell Add z sinnwell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE-B
UKC Forum Member

Z-man

Didn't no ya were a wrastler did a little scrappin on the mat when i was in school.Ever hear of a h/s kid from Il called Polar bear, that was my nephnew.

Old Post 03-23-2008 03:50 AM
MIKE-B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE-B Click here to Send MIKE-B a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE-B Find more posts by MIKE-B Add MIKE-B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BlueDogPastor
UKC Forum Member

college wrestiling

EVER HEARD OF OSU

Old Post 03-23-2008 04:00 AM
BlueDogPastor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BlueDogPastor Click here to Send BlueDogPastor a Private Message Click Here to Email BlueDogPastor Find more posts by BlueDogPastor Add BlueDogPastor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
z sinnwell
UKC Forum Member

Re: college wrestiling

quote:
Originally posted by BlueDogPastor
EVER HEARD OF OSU

Yea, what has happend to them lately? How did they like it when Perry came up to Iowa? They use to be pretty good.

Old Post 03-23-2008 03:36 PM
z sinnwell
UKC Forum Member

Mike, I used to wrestle and love to follow it to.

Old Post 03-23-2008 03:37 PM
RH.
UKC Forum Member

I take it you wrestled for NP? They had a great season this year to with one state champ.

Old Post 03-26-2008 06:20 PM
Hawk32
UKC Forum Member

Sinwell
Wrestling the cheerleaders in gym class doesn't make you a wrestler. I guess it does make you smarter than I gave you credit for though.lol Probably see ya sat night.

Home of:

Grand Nite CH CH Thorson's Tree'n Blue Dutch RIP
Grand Nite CH CH Thorson's Sweet Blue Brandy RIP
Grand Nite Ch Dutch and janes blue Girl

http://dutch32ia.tripod.com/

Old Post 03-26-2008 07:09 PM
Hawk32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hawk32 Click here to Send Hawk32 a Private Message Click Here to Email Hawk32 Visit Hawk32's homepage! Find more posts by Hawk32 Add Hawk32 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
z sinnwell
UKC Forum Member

RH, N-P is right. We got a pretty good program here.

Corey, lol, aint going to make it to the hunt sat, got the Bachelor Party!

Old Post 03-27-2008 01:00 AM
Billy George
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by z sinnwell
Iowa NCAA Champs!!!

21 times over I belive... Go HAWKS

I wonder how many sec schools have won national titles in wrestling......

PR B and B's Smokin' Willie

"PR"B and B's Coon Doctor
( Gr.Nite Ch.Bee Creek Dr.Max xGr.Nite Ch. Moonshine Maggie)

Past Home of:

Nite Ch. "PR"B and B's Smokin' Misty (2007-2018)

Nite Ch B&B's Black Hoss (1992-2003)

Nite Ch.Gr.Ch. Shaker Hill Mr. Grubbs (2003-2011)

Old Post 03-27-2008 02:47 AM
Billy George is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy George Click here to Send Billy George a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy George Visit Billy George's homepage! Find more posts by Billy George Add Billy George to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ghostcoon
Banned

among the top is iowa,michigan and minnesota. nothing tougher then them corn fed boys. My highschool wrestling coach went to wyoming tech and placed top nationally top 5, 3 of his 4 seasons there there up there to but alot smaller school.

Old Post 03-27-2008 04:46 AM
ghostcoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ghostcoon Click here to Send ghostcoon a Private Message Click Here to Email ghostcoon Find more posts by ghostcoon Add ghostcoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
z sinnwell
UKC Forum Member

Pennslyvania usually sends out quite a few good high school wrestlers too. But when Gable was runnin the show Iowa was like the Evil Empire of wrestling, just about unbeatable. Hopefully with Brands things will stay the same. The last two years Iowa State has had a bunch of good young wrestlers go that way. Cant blame them, who wouldnt want to wrestle for Cael. Iowa will still get alot of good recruits too since Brands has asked Gable to help out in the room.

Old Post 03-27-2008 05:40 AM