UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Dry Creek Kennel
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
myers
UKC Forum Member

Haven't had much to brag about lately. Been having a ruff time with kink doing stuff that leaves me shaken my head. He done a good job last night with the exception of coming back in after I cut him loose. He went back on his own thank God cause I had a switch waiting for him. Anyways he struck in about 150 yards and had it up and going good for 300 yards before he put it in park and told me to come get him. Took a while and a lot of cutting small trees out of the way before I seen them eyes lookin down.

Texted my buddy about my hunt and he busted my bubble. He told me that our gyp (Late Night Lola) treed 3 singles last night. Heath has done a good job with her.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
PKC Ch,UKC NITECH,ACHA NITECH
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)
DRY CREEK KINK(work in progress)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-05-2014 01:25 PM
myers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myers Click here to Send myers a Private Message Click Here to Email myers Find more posts by myers Add myers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by myers
Haven't had much to brag about lately. Been having a ruff time with kink doing stuff that leaves me shaken my head. He done a good job last night with the exception of coming back in after I cut him loose. He went back on his own thank God cause I had a switch waiting for him. Anyways he struck in about 150 yards and had it up and going good for 300 yards before he put it in park and told me to come get him. Took a while and a lot of cutting small trees out of the way before I seen them eyes lookin down.

Texted my buddy about my hunt and he busted my bubble. He told me that our gyp (Late Night Lola) treed 3 singles last night. Heath has done a good job with her.

Lay in there with young Kink Jason! Gotta annie up & pay the piper while suffering through some less than desirable nights. It will be sweet as honey when Kink starts dialing in with more & more consistency! Best of luck to you with him! A feller can always dabble with a little white trash in the meantime

Take care,
Vic

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 06-06-2014 06:04 AM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myers
UKC Forum Member

Boys it done some more raining last night!! Drove 30 mins to hunt a spot and when I pull into the spot a dang tree is across road and pouring down rain. I go back toward the house and hunt there. Kink fell treed twice couldn't find the first one and found the second one. 3 o'clock this morning I wasn't gonna cut loose again

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 06-08-2014 07:17 PM
myers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myers Click here to Send myers a Private Message Click Here to Email myers Find more posts by myers Add myers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T WIDNER
UKC Forum Member

STAY ON HIM. SOUNDS LIKE HE GOING TO MAKE A GOOD ONE. TRENT

PR SOUTHERN BLUE HARDWOOD FLO
PAST
GRCHNTCH WIDNERS SOUTHERN BLUE BRITTANY (GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN)

Old Post 06-10-2014 07:32 PM
T WIDNER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T WIDNER Click here to Send T WIDNER a Private Message Click Here to Email T WIDNER Find more posts by T WIDNER Add T WIDNER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myers
UKC Forum Member

hunted the last two nights fri night went with a buddy and his English dog. they struck pretty easy and headed down the creek English dog treed so we headed to him. kink would come into the tree a couple of times but would never stick it. got almost here and kink loades up on another tree about 75 yrds away and when he did that English dog pulled up and went to him. big tree my buddy thought he seen the coon but couldn't see enuff to be for sure. took my other pup sarge he is jus over 2 months old and he really surprised me that pup made every step the older dogs made. he will start easy.

sat.night I went jus me and kink. i pulled the stop watch out on him to see if i could give him any minus. he struck and trailed that sucker in there over 900yrds and he was sounding good. drove around and when i got out he was treed. got there and he was treed on a little bity tree in the middle of a blackberry patch. spotted coon and headed to next spot. next turn loose he got on a bad track and the sun was coming up and i was falling asleep caught him up and headed home.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 06-30-2014 01:01 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

KINK

Jason he sounds like he is doing a good job. Stay on him and get him in a few hunts.
Darren

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 06-30-2014 01:21 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myers
UKC Forum Member

HAVENT HAD A GOOD HUNT IN AWHILE. LAST NIGHT WASNT ANY BETTER. ALL I KNOW TO DO IS KEEP TURNING HIM (KINK) LOOSE. WAITING FOR HIM TO TURN THE SWITCH BACK ON.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 07-08-2014 01:53 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Just cut him in the roughest , cutover you can find and he will get one treed. Won't be no fun goin to him though!!!
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 07-08-2014 04:15 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
HAVENT HAD A GOOD HUNT IN AWHILE. LAST NIGHT WASNT ANY BETTER. ALL I KNOW TO DO IS KEEP TURNING HIM (KINK) LOOSE. WAITING FOR HIM TO TURN THE SWITCH BACK ON.

You are not alone my friend. My potlicker brought new meaning to the word sorry last time I hunted him. A whole bunch of running, ZERO treeing! Gotta get better the next time I turn him loose is what I keep telling myself! LOL

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 07-08-2014 05:30 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myers
UKC Forum Member

hollis you are right on.

vic there wasn't anything but abunch of grab assin last night. trying to round them up and they were having no part of it. caused me to get my truck stuck, walk out 2 miles before I get a signal on my phone to call someone to come pull me out. rolled in the house at 3;30 and up at 5. feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed right now.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 07-08-2014 06:11 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

Been out here since 1:30am it 5 am and this young dog is starting to get on my nerves! Hope I have better luck tonight when I go with my buddy.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 07-12-2014 10:59 AM
myers
UKC Forum Member

These past few weeks hunting Kink have been nothing but hard and unpleasant to say the least. went last night after the rain and he showed me a coon. he just popped it up but I will sure take it. I figured I better not push my luck and loaded up a went home. the wife asked why I was home so early. lmao!!!!!

Been taking my pup(Big Britches x Katie) I got from Ritchie Mc. he is 4 months old and has been making every step kink makes for a month now. pretty excited about that. need to show him a live coon to see how he acts. got a report on a litter mate to him and Bill Hubbard said his went crazy over one.

Got a new partner on my Snooter bitch going to get her back this weekend. just in time for some corn field races. she will be closer to the house so I will get to go with her a lot more.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 07-24-2014 12:51 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

the hunting has been torture here with nothing good happening. but that may be changing I hope. we had a good hunt Saturday night with a keith sparks and a young man. kink and his his dog done a good job on first dump and we had a good race with a coon at the end. kink and keiths gyp fell treed on the edge of a corn field never got it to look if it was there. last drop kink pushed a track through the good woods into a cut over that you couldn't crawl through. he got treed about 800 yrs from where we cut loose at on the edge of a cotton field. he sounded good across that field but couldn't get that one to look either. cant wait till winter so I will know if he is missing or not. on the bright side he finished his tracks God knows been having trouble doing that.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 08-04-2014 01:28 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

KINK

Keep hangin with him Jason. Everybody is having some bad hunts. Mine have been better the last couple weeks. Coons moving back into the bottoms. Got a couple new spots to hunt last week and that has helped. Stay on him buddy,
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 08-04-2014 01:34 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

turned kink toward the creek last night he went 300 yrds and put it in park and started telling the world he had one. got in there and it took for ever to find him. after a couple of shots he decided he didn't need to be up there no more he started down. now this summer has been hell for me hunting and I really want to get one out to him. he jumps down and him and Kink is in a heated fight. my 3 month old pup Sarge is like what the crap is going on. it was the first live coon he has seen. well ol coon got a opening and took out of there like you shot him out of a gun. Kink and Sarge right on his tail. they ran him 170 yrds down to the creek. I told my buddy that went with me that we would be lucky to see that coon again if they don't catch him. well sure enuff coon went in under a bluff to not be seen again. Kink was giving it his all to get to the coon but the first chance I got to grab him by his tail and pull him out of there I did. the last hunt I was on coon came out of tree and into creek never to be seen again(sank). I will be aiming for that spot right between the eyes on the next one I promise you that. so these dogs will have something to be proud of.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 08-12-2014 12:33 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Jason at least you got one treed. I never got a bark last night!!
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 08-12-2014 12:36 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

Fri night I turn Kink loose and pointed him toward a bucket I had about 200 Kurds down the trail he struck at the bucket and went 200 yards past it and treed. It was up a humongous tree couldn't even see the top from all the other trees. I believe he had him. Pulled him off there and sent him down the creek. He struck in about 350 yrds and was having a tuff time with it after about 10 mins he must have figured it out cause he picked up the pace and took the track another 300 yrds and sat down and let out that big locate. Got in there he had two.

Sat. night didn't start out to well he made two slick trees and really look like crap. But I wasn't going to go out like that and knowing how much I like to punish myself I cut him one more time he struck about 100 yrds and he bumped around and it sounded like it wasn't going anywhere. When he started locating i started cussing him. I jus knew he didn't have a coon. Got to the tree and it was a leaning tree that went into a pine. The leaning tree was on the edge on a bluff that was about 50 ft high. It scared he so bad I leashed him backaway from it before I started looking. I wasn't long before I seen that ring tail hanging down. Gave him a good petting and called it a night.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 08-17-2014 11:02 PM
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Fri night I turn Kink loose and pointed him toward a bucket I had about 200 Kurds down the trail he struck at the bucket and went 200 yards past it and treed. It was up a humongous tree couldn't even see the top from all the other trees. I believe he had him. Pulled him off there and sent him down the creek. He struck in about 350 yrds and was having a tuff time with it after about 10 mins he must have figured it out cause he picked up the pace and took the track another 300 yrds and sat down and let out that big locate. Got in there he had two.

Sat. night didn't start out to well he made two slick trees and really look like crap. But I wasn't going to go out like that and knowing how much I like to punish myself I cut him one more time he struck about 100 yrds and he bumped around and it sounded like it wasn't going anywhere. When he started locating i started cussing him. I jus knew he didn't have a coon. Got to the tree and it was a leaning tree that went into a pine. The leaning tree was on the edge on a bluff that was about 50 ft high. It scared he so bad I leashed him backaway from it before I started looking. I wasn't long before I seen that ring tail hanging down. Gave him a good petting and called it a night.

Now you're talking Jason! Those youngsters will test your patience, but it sounds like young Kink is getting in that groove! Lay in there with him & you'll be walking in tall cotton come spring time!

Take care,
Vic

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 08-18-2014 03:40 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

Wanted to see how Kink would act in a competition hunt so we headed for a ACHA hunt last night. We had a 3 dog cast wasn't long into the hunt and the walker dog withdrew. We move and cut them loose and Kink gets first strike and I'm thinking we got this then the black gyp strikes and they aren't together. Then ol boy trees his gyp but she doesn't sound like she is going to stay treed. Kink has got his going pretty good by now. Then the gyp moves and I'm really talkin to myself " get treed get treed"!!!!! Well the track he was on jus played out and the hunt time ran out. It was freak in hot out there so I'm going to cut him some slack. What I got out of this is he will do his own thing and that is a big plus to me. We will get'em on the next one.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 08-20-2014 01:13 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Jason I made a couple trees last night but there wasn't much of a track and dogs didn't look good at all. Ready for cold weather. Stay on the ole boy.
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 08-20-2014 01:25 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

DRY CREEK KINK

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Last edited by myers on 08-20-2014 at 10:18 PM

Old Post 08-20-2014 09:45 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

DRY CREEK KINK

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Last edited by myers on 08-20-2014 at 10:18 PM

Old Post 08-20-2014 10:09 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

DRY CREEK KINK

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Last edited by myers on 08-20-2014 at 10:19 PM

Old Post 08-20-2014 10:11 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

DRY CREEK KINK

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Last edited by myers on 08-20-2014 at 10:20 PM

Old Post 08-20-2014 10:13 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

good god almighty what a night. kink struck in about 200 yrds in the creek sounded like he was lookin at it moved it about another 100 yrds a then bam he loaded up. on the way to him it sounded like he was in a hole. got there and sure enuff he was and he wasn't coming out. he must have been nose to nose with that coon. what to do now? leave him I thought. I have never left one so I head to get the pick. this isn't my first time I learned along time ago to carry one. well after about two hours of digging I can crawl in enuff to grab him and pull him out. I had enuff it was 1:00am and I get up at 5. here I come bed.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 08-29-2014 12:32 PM