UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > state
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

As stated AR, Ok and Mo. I'm in NW AR and need a hunting buddy (health has made my hunting buddy have to quit) so come on down.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-29-2020 05:22 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
As stated AR, Ok and Mo. I'm in NW AR and need a hunting buddy (health has made my hunting buddy have to quit) so come on down.

Tom what are you close to ? Ive been looking at farms for sale in Missouri for awhile now... I just retired and am also looking to relocate...N.C. is about as bad as it gets

Old Post 07-29-2020 05:34 PM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.H. Sills
UKC Forum Member

I’m in very liberal rich area of Colorado but the work and pay here is unbelievable. It’s hard to find housing though. Nothing for sale right now. Lot of California and Texans moving here. The hunting and trapping here is top notch.

Old Post 07-30-2020 07:19 AM
J.H. Sills is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.H. Sills Click here to Send J.H. Sills a Private Message Click Here to Email J.H. Sills Find more posts by J.H. Sills Add J.H. Sills to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JB Cobb
Tom what are you close to ? Ive been looking at farms for sale in Missouri for awhile now... I just retired and am also looking to relocate...N.C. is about as bad as it gets

Sent you a PM.

Old Post 07-30-2020 05:41 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JB Cobb

Sent you a PM.

Old Post 07-30-2020 05:42 PM
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

I always thought west Tennessee or northern Mississippi would be pretty decent. North of Jackson or in between Memphis and Nashville.

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Old Post 08-01-2020 01:18 AM
MUSKY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKY Click here to Send MUSKY a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKY Find more posts by MUSKY Add MUSKY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Wayne, WV has lots of public hunting and rural areas doesn't it?

Old Post 08-01-2020 02:45 AM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

Yeah, it does, the eastern 1/4 of the state is mostly mountains. I live in the north central part of the state, the hunting is ok, you can usually tree a couple coons a night, occasionally you may tree more. There isn’t a lot of work here most of the coal mines are kinda slow now. Deer hunting slows some of the coonhunting in the fall but finding places to hunt isn’t much of a problem, all in all it’s not the Midwest but it’s not terrible.

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Old Post 08-01-2020 03:06 AM
MUSKY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKY Click here to Send MUSKY a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKY Find more posts by MUSKY Add MUSKY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by MUSKY
Yeah, it does, the eastern 1/4 of the state is mostly mountains. I live in the north central part of the state, the hunting is ok, you can usually tree a couple coons a night, occasionally you may tree more. There isn’t a lot of work here most of the coal mines are kinda slow now. Deer hunting slows some of the coonhunting in the fall but finding places to hunt isn’t much of a problem, all in all it’s not the Midwest but it’s not terrible.

It's on my short list of places to land one day. Looks like a guy could find 5-10 wooded acres to live in WV pretty cheap. My legs may need flatter ground to coon hunt by the time I retire though, lol.

Old Post 08-01-2020 05:15 AM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

Undeveloped property without mineral rights in rural areas goes for around 2,000-3,000 a acre. When I retire, which is still a ways off, my dream plan is to sell my house and downsize to two mobile homes, one here and one down south somewhere for winter time hunting. My better half isn’t real excited about that though 😂😂

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Last edited by MUSKY on 08-01-2020 at 11:38 AM

Old Post 08-01-2020 11:34 AM
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I always thought west Tennessee or northern Mississippi would be pretty decent. North of Jackson or in between Memphis and Nashville.
Been in North Mississippi my whole life. Summers here suck , humidity is a killer. Plenty of coon . That’s if you can get use to mid eighties at midnight. We are truly blessed to have the public ground we have. Missouri would be my go to place. Sikeston is a 4 hour drive from my house. It’s amazing how the humidity is cut in half in that short of distance

Old Post 08-01-2020 12:54 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Undeveloped property without mineral rights in rural areas goes for around 2,000-3,000 a acre. When I retire, which is still a ways off, my dream plan is to sell my house and downsize to two mobile homes, one here and one down south somewhere for winter time hunting. My better half isn’t real excited about that though 😂😂

Now that is funny.... I've floated a very similar plan to my wife.... her response was less than ecstatic. She will come around.

Old Post 08-01-2020 03:09 PM
pstevens490
New UKC Forum Member

New Hampshire

Live Free or Die State, plenty of hunting ground, no permission needed to hunt private land and lots of state and national forest public hunting. Land owners with 10 or more acres can enroll their land in the state "Current Use" program which gives them a 90% cut in taxes but requires them to keep the land open to the public. This enables people to afford to keep their land and deters development of the land. Run dogs year round and kill season Sept,- March. Coon are a little scarce but a good dog can tree half a dozen a night. Economy is good with plenty of jobs, no income or sales taxes either.
Load those hounds up and come on up for a hunt, all are welcome.

Paul Stevens
IBEW LU 490

Old Post 08-01-2020 10:43 PM
pstevens490 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pstevens490 Click here to Send pstevens490 a Private Message Click Here to Email pstevens490 Find more posts by pstevens490 Add pstevens490 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Pstevens490

Sounds like NH has a lot going for their state, may be all states should ask for their advice, love the no tax aspect. Dave

Old Post 08-01-2020 11:07 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

WHAT? Nobody recommended South Louisiana. I"m surprised.

Old Post 08-01-2020 11:14 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Donald Bergeron

Lol. Yeah really, I don't understand that either. You have a beautiful state and the people are wonderful, it's DEFiNITELY a nice place to visit. Living there is another matter, hurricanes, snakes, gators, mosquitoes, are more than most coon hunters can take. Love the food, the people and the weather at certain times of the year, but give me these mountains anytime. Dave

Old Post 08-02-2020 05:14 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I sold my big house when I retired but I couldn't afford 2 mobile homes so I bought a double wide and an RV.

Old Post 08-02-2020 12:37 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sneakyone
UKC Forum Member

hunting isnt as important as a place to raise kids

Old Post 08-06-2020 04:17 PM
sneakyone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sneakyone Click here to Send sneakyone a Private Message Find more posts by sneakyone Add sneakyone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sneakyone
UKC Forum Member

hunting isnt as important as a place to raise kids

Old Post 08-06-2020 04:17 PM
sneakyone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sneakyone Click here to Send sneakyone a Private Message Find more posts by sneakyone Add sneakyone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta slough
UKC Forum Member

If you have young children in K thru 12 grades, dont even consider Mississippi. I am glad to see you put your family first! In my travels around this country, I have found that most areas that are flat, such as the Delta,where I live have good hunting. I also believe that areas that have more diversity in the land--terrain-- might be a better choice to raise a family. Jr.Steelman

Old Post 08-06-2020 10:58 PM
delta slough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta slough Find more posts by delta slough Add delta slough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote