UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Anyone have Katahdin sheep?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ringer3 Kennels
UKC Forum Member

Thank you for the info!! They are deff something I would like to get in the near future. It's going to be fall before we get the fence up. We have a bunch of brush and stuff that needs dozed down where the old fence is so we can put up new fence. I've got 2 buildings to tear down and move, and kennels to build. My back is hurting me just thinking about it. I'll have to hollar at ya when I get ready to get some so I can get all the information. By then you'll be an expert!!! I was going to get some boar goats, but those sheep sound better!!

Miss Ryann McMurray
740-656-2196 call/text
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Walkers
AKC Supreme Grand Champion, UKC GRCH Ringer3's Million Dollar Baby (2014 AKC Kentucky State Female and 2014 AKC Ohio State Female).

CH Ringer3's Layback Star Struck

GRCH Ringer3's Layback Blastin BB

Ringer3's History's Been Made
Ringer3's Made Of Millions

The English
Ringer3's Briar Creek Goldnrod

The Beagles
Ringer3's Radiant Ruby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Close only counts in HORSESHOES and hand grenades!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-26-2008 01:00 AM
Ringer3 Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ringer3 Kennels Click here to Send Ringer3 Kennels a Private Message Click Here to Email Ringer3 Kennels Visit Ringer3 Kennels's homepage! Find more posts by Ringer3 Kennels Add Ringer3 Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tx slick tree
UKC Forum Member

i dont know about papers and all but dog gone looks like i need to be sending some to Tn. i would sure check around on the prices before i jumped in on that deal. prolly wouldnt hurt to look around some local sale barns before buying some from individuals. if you looking for something to eat brush i wouldnt worry about any reg papers on them.

Old Post 05-26-2008 04:00 AM
tx slick tree is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tx slick tree Click here to Send tx slick tree a Private Message Find more posts by tx slick tree Add tx slick tree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
anscox
UKC Forum Member

We're wanting to raise a few for breeding and slaughter. You can get non-registered katahdins for $125-300 (depends on age and sex). I'm real picky though, and only want pure-bred of a certain quality. For slaughter it isn't so important, but for breeding it is to me.

I also had a man in Iowa offer 4 2yr. old females, 1 young female (under 7 mo.) and 1 male for $1875. All registered AA coat. But on top of that I'd have to go get them. Gas would have been nearly 1/2 that pulling a trailer.

Now I could have got 2 young males non-registered, and 1 cross-bred female for $400. But, like I said, it is important to me that they be full-blooded.

So I guess price just depends on what you are looking for and your purpose. The best single sheep price on these I have found for registered non-polled females not bred is $225 but no where close to us. Here they are $275 and up. Adult rams start at $275 and go much higher.
----------------------------------

tx slick tree

What do you sell your barbadoes for? You're to far away from me, but just wanted to check.

We have a lot of dorpers (spelling?) here that sell for less, around $150. Those are wooly sheep though I believe.

CH 'PR' Cox's Absolute Envy
CH 'PR' White Liar's Just A Digit
Hillbilly Bones

Gone but Not Forgotten:
CH 'PR' Cox's Sweet Mountain Magic 2005-2010

Old Post 05-26-2008 04:17 AM
anscox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for anscox Click here to Send anscox a Private Message Click Here to Email anscox Visit anscox's homepage! Find more posts by anscox Add anscox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tx slick tree
UKC Forum Member

i have looked at several pics even from the link i put up. to be honest i think alot of what folks is posting is cross breeds. there is a guy not far from here that sales the white ones as in the picture i posted for about 300 and up but they are called Tx Dahls or Tx Dolls "barbadoes".

the white ram i posted a picture of cost me about 25 dollars 7 years ago or so and he was old when i got him. lol so he is up in age. i had sold one barbadoe ram and he brought enough to buy two rams and enough left over to buy me a soda to drink. lol i sold the other ram which was spotted and had a big set of horns for 225 dollars he went to Colorado is where the guy claimed he was going to a hunting ranch. i was just looking to add some color to my barbadoes when i got both them rams.

a ewe like those in the pictures no papers etc around here run anywhere from 30 to 60 dollars. kids depending on the size etc anywhere from 20 to 40 dollars. rams it depends on their size and alot depends on the size of their horns they can go from 50 up to 300 dollars. mine are not pure bred they are crossed up barbadoes. i havent sold any in awhile i sold some last year they young rams decent horns brought 75 dollars and ones with no horns brought about 45 dollars.

Old Post 05-26-2008 04:40 AM
tx slick tree is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tx slick tree Click here to Send tx slick tree a Private Message Find more posts by tx slick tree Add tx slick tree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
anscox
UKC Forum Member

Thanks tx slick tree...

I wonder how much the area your from has to do with that? We were originally looking just for some goats to mow the yard. LOL. Then I found an ad for these sheep and thought they were cute. (heck, I'm a woman... I like cute things!). So I looked into them and liked that they didn't have horns and weren't smelly. I HATE the way a goat smells!!!

Anyway, when I decided I wanted a few of these and started replying to everyone's ad's who had them in this state, the whole two of them, no one had any. So I looked in AL, GA, and KY. They were all sold out to. Everyone said for some reason this year they are selling very well. They are selling before being weaned for $75 with no papers (males) and $125 with no papers for females. At weaning, they go up and keep going up from there. Now I'm finding plenty of $50 goats!

When I decided to actually raise some and not just use them as weed eaters, we started looking at all the registration things and types like AA and A, RR, QQ's and such. I've never seen so many letters of the alphabet used for any other livestock! There's apparently a lot more to this then simply cute animals that are good lawn mowers!

CH 'PR' Cox's Absolute Envy
CH 'PR' White Liar's Just A Digit
Hillbilly Bones

Gone but Not Forgotten:
CH 'PR' Cox's Sweet Mountain Magic 2005-2010

Old Post 05-26-2008 05:01 AM
anscox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for anscox Click here to Send anscox a Private Message Click Here to Email anscox Visit anscox's homepage! Find more posts by anscox Add anscox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tx slick tree
UKC Forum Member

just a reminder anytime you start looking at ads and on the internet prices will be way up there. lol you call and get to talking to some of them people and they will make you think you are getting a deal of a lifetime. you get into the registered stock look out they are the best of the best. if you are not showing them or going to the special registered sales with them the papers dont mean alot.

yeah i know all about cute. lol my wife loves cute stuff too. lol

Old Post 05-26-2008 05:10 AM
s/s
UKC Forum Member

HEY !!!

LOL....When you asked me about this breed at Springfield the other night, I did not have a clue. After reading this, I know what you were talking about now... Ther is a man that lets Tyler hunt on him that has these beautiful, white, hair sheep. I have no idea what kind they are, but I am thinking he told me they were pure breds...Seems like they did have a funny name..I almost got a couple babies last year....Just because they were so cute....I would have to check with him to see if he still has them and if he is interested in selling any. I know he got down in his health over the winter. This will give us a good reason to get over there and check up on him. We rode by yesterday and he had a yard full of vehicles. We actually were gonna stop, but figured all his children had come over to visit for the hoilday and did not want to bust in on that. Later, Sabrina

Home of:

ACHA CH AKC CH CSG UKC GRFCH GRWCH GRCH 'PR' TREE RIZIN' T-REX II
At Stud/Private Treaty
2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 UKC Performance Sire / 2010 AKC Supreme Breeders Sire
2010 #7 UKC Top Ten Redbone Bench Show Dog
2009 Indiana State Youth 1st Line/1st Tree Water Race Champion
2007 Autumn Oaks Champion Redbone Male

WCH GRFCH GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS ICE ICE BABY
CH 'PR' APPLEBEE'S MAGGIE~Tracker X Ice Baby~owner/handler ZACH WOOD
2012 Missouri Federation Youth Championship Cast winner, 4th Place & Queen of Hunt
2012 Iowa State Youth Best Female of Show
2012 Missouri State Youth High Scoring Redbone
2012 Missouri State Youth Champion Female of Show
2012 Marshall, MO Cast winner, 2nd Place

AKC CSG UKC GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS SWEET ICE T~Tracker X Ice Baby
2008~Charleston, MS State Championship Champion of Champion Female @ 9 months old
GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS TRACKER JACK~Tracker X Ice Baby
2008 Mississippi State Over-all Show Champion @ 9 months old
Needed 10 points for WCH @ 14 months old
RIP lil buddy, you were definitely one of a kind and you are truly missed~my heart

AKC CSG UKC FCH GRWCH GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS BIG RED TRACTOR~Tracker X Ice Baby
AKC CCH UKC CH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS ROCK STAR~Tracker X Ice Baby
AKC CH UKC CH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS CRY ME A RIVER~Tracker X Ice Baby
CH'PR' MARVS MULESKINNER ICE BABY RED~Tracker X Ice Baby

AKC CCH ACHA CH UKC GRWCH GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS SOUTHERN GRACE
CH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS PHASE II~Tracker X Grace
RIP Hot Dog. I wish I could have a redo with you big guy. Truely sorry you're gone </3

AKC CGW UKC GRWCH 'PR' CC'S SOUTHERN OUTLAW TRACKER~Tracker X Grace
2012 MO Federation High Point Water Race Champion

AKC CH CGCH UKC GRCH 'PR' RIVER RIDGE EYE ON SATURN
2008 #7 UKC Top Ten Redbone Bench Show Dog
AKC CSG UKC WCH GRFCH GRCH 'PR' CRITTERCREEK MOMMAS GOTTA HEMI~Tracker X Saturn
09/2012 Cast win for a 2nd place in her first nite hunt
2012 American Redbone Days Hunting Pairs

WCH CH
'PR' CRITTER CREEKS JOHNNIE ANGEL~Tracker X Saturn
2013 Indiana State Youth 1st Tree Field Trial Champion
CH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS GIRLS CAN II~Tracker X Saturn

AKC CH CSG UKC GRFCH WCH GRCH 'PR' SECOND EDITIONS MAKING WAVES
2013 UKC Performance Sire
2012 #5 UKC Top Ten Redbone Bench Show Dog
2012 MISSOURI FEDERATION ZONE 8 HIGH POINT BENCH CHAMPION
2012 UKC Performance Sire
2012 Southern Redbone Days/Friday/CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS/Pairs
2012 Grand American CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS/Champion Redbone Male
2011 Annual KING & QUEEN Kinder, MO/CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS
2010 AUTUMN OAKS/Best Senior Redbone Male
2009 NATIONAL REDBONE DAYS/Best Male Of Show
2010 AKC SOUTH CAROLINA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP/Best Male Of Show

Last edited by s/s on 05-26-2008 at 03:42 PM

Old Post 05-26-2008 02:41 PM
s/s is offline Click Here to See the Profile for s/s Click here to Send s/s a Private Message Click Here to Email s/s Visit s/s's homepage! Find more posts by s/s Add s/s to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote