UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Kaw River Chief?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JCaldwell
UKC Forum Member

Kaw River Chief?

I was wondering anybody know about him how he hunted his voice and how he reproduced? I was just wondering I was to young to remember but i know my dad had a decent dog out if him. I am stuck at home with a sick kid and just thinking of hounds of old.

Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-30-2016 01:56 PM
JCaldwell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JCaldwell Click here to Send JCaldwell a Private Message Find more posts by JCaldwell Add JCaldwell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ray&Luie
UKC Forum Member

Rex has a picture

Posted by Rex W Sims on 05-13-2008 05:23 AM:

The mighty KAW RIVER CHIEF.....

Ray Hudson

Old Post 03-30-2016 09:31 PM
Ray&Luie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ray&Luie Click here to Send Ray&Luie a Private Message Find more posts by Ray&Luie Add Ray&Luie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
old bawlie
Banned

Chief was a good reproducer. The only knock was that many of his pups were a bit "lazy"...didn't range out and maybe a little slow on track.

Old Post 04-03-2016 11:41 PM
old bawlie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for old bawlie Click here to Send old bawlie a Private Message Find more posts by old bawlie Add old bawlie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ray&Luie
UKC Forum Member

Chief

quote:
Originally posted by old bawlie
Chief was a good reproducer. The only knock was that many of his pups were a bit "lazy"...didn't range out and maybe a little slow on track.

Never hunted with many of his offspring but I did hunt with some of the earlier Finley river chief Hounds , they didn't hut out to far, but man could they move him when they struck some of the better track dogs that have ever been produced in my opinion ...

Ray Hudson

Old Post 04-04-2016 05:22 PM
Ray&Luie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ray&Luie Click here to Send Ray&Luie a Private Message Find more posts by Ray&Luie Add Ray&Luie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ekrauskopf
UKC Forum Member

Being Lippers great grandpa should be enough.

Old Post 09-21-2016 04:46 AM
ekrauskopf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ekrauskopf Click here to Send ekrauskopf a Private Message Click Here to Email ekrauskopf Find more posts by ekrauskopf Add ekrauskopf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluetick2
UKC Forum Member

I drew Randy Jaccard? He hunted one out of him and i remember walking deep to his dog every drop. Alone with coon.

Old Post 09-28-2016 08:02 PM
bluetick2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluetick2 Click here to Send bluetick2 a Private Message Click Here to Email bluetick2 Find more posts by bluetick2 Add bluetick2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clif Owen
UKC Forum Member

Had one back in the late 80's that went back to Chief several times. Wish I had a couple more like him. Only drawback was if you unsnapped him; you better be ready to go coonhunting. He didn't have a reverse in him.

Old Post 10-12-2016 02:09 AM
Clif Owen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clif Owen Click here to Send Clif Owen a Private Message Click Here to Email Clif Owen Find more posts by Clif Owen Add Clif Owen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote