UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Who remembers adios lightning
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Junebug Ramey
New UKC Forum Member

Who remembers adios lightning

Does anybody remember adios lightning and remember hunting with him?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-27-2015 01:32 AM
Junebug Ramey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Junebug Ramey Click here to Send Junebug Ramey a Private Message Click Here to Email Junebug Ramey Find more posts by Junebug Ramey Add Junebug Ramey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

I do remember him...

I believe I saw his grave at the coonhound Graveyard down in Alabama a few years ago. If you have never visited that place, its a neat siteseeing stop for any coonhunter going through north
Alabam.
Must have been well thought of to be taken down there for proper rememberance.

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Old Post 12-27-2015 08:29 PM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Junebug Ramey
New UKC Forum Member

Lightning did a lot of winning in PKC. I think he was also a gr.nt. in UKC. This was in the late 80's early 90's.

Old Post 12-28-2015 03:05 PM
Junebug Ramey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Junebug Ramey Click here to Send Junebug Ramey a Private Message Click Here to Email Junebug Ramey Find more posts by Junebug Ramey Add Junebug Ramey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trey M
UKC Forum Member

When I was growing up Adios Lightning's name stuck out just like Lipper and Harry, I've heard nothing but good things. There's a guy not far from me who I believe has a direct son off of him and he's getting up in age now.

SKUNA RIVER PYRO @ STUD
Trey Miller
Cell # 706-577-4124
Email lowhillkennels@gmail.com
(Copy And Paste Video)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0TYBB5mhK8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
**Skuna River Bark + Schultz's Stylish Coma = Pyro**

Last edited by Trey M on 02-17-2016 at 04:19 PM

Old Post 01-05-2016 05:21 AM
Trey M is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trey M Click here to Send Trey M a Private Message Find more posts by Trey M Add Trey M to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Junebug Ramey
New UKC Forum Member

Yes I had a pup out of him and he was a coondog.The best dog I ever owned. He could tree those coons and make it look so easy. His name was Not.Ch.Dumas Walker.

Old Post 01-05-2016 11:29 AM
Okie Hunter
UKC Forum Member

Tom Hopkins campaigned Lightning. He was the dog right after Tom put Lipper on the map and I believe he won the National Championship in PKC with him one year.

Home of:
UKC DUAL GR CH PKC CH CHKC Money Winner ALL GRAND YOGI (GR NITE CH MOORE'S HARDTIME ALL GRAND HORN x DUAL GR CH ENGLISHPRIDE'S LITTLE LIZ) 2017 UKC Performance and PKC Super Stakes Sire

UKC DUAL GR CH TREE ROCKN NELLY (DUAL GR CH PKC GOLD CH MAIN STREET ROY X GR NITE CH PKC CH INDIAN RIDGE CINDY) Littermate sister to 2013 UKC WORLD CH GR NITE CH MAIN STREET JOHN THE BAPTIST

PLUS POINT ZINGO (DUAL GRAND CH '98 ENGLISH HALL OF FAME WILCOX THUNDER BINGO semen X CH NITE CH CLONES FRONT PAGE) The only living direct son of Bingo alive today!

Gone but not forgotten:

UKC GR NITE CH PKC CH PLUS POINT BLUE BOY BRUISER (66 "canes" stored at OnceFrozen) Direct son of DUAL GR CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK CADILLAC JACK x CH GR NITE CH '95 UKC World Hunt High Scoring English Female WELLS' LITTLE PATCH

CH GR NITE CH WELLS' LITTLE PATCH (High Scoring English Female 1995 UKC World Hunt) Direct Daughter of GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH DARON'S BLUE REB (LUMIS) x GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH ACHA WORLD CH BUFFALO CREEK PATCH

GR NITE CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK MISSY II (Sister to Dual Grand Clear Creek Cadillac Jack and mother of ACHA World Champion PKC Silver CH Raef's Dollar Bill)

Old Post 01-06-2016 04:52 PM
Okie Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Hunter Click here to Send Okie Hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Hunter Find more posts by Okie Hunter Add Okie Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Junebug Ramey
New UKC Forum Member

I wonder if Tom had lightning collected? I think Lightning pass away at a young age.

Old Post 01-08-2016 02:35 AM
Bruce M. Conkey

I thought a Man by the name of Bagett owned him in S. AL.
I can't think of the handler right now that won the PKC National Championship with him but he hauled a pup back from KY when he came back and I picked it up at his house.
Lightning was resting in the house behind the couch when I got there. Lightning had a Son Adios Eagle that won the National Championship I think twice. That made 3 generation of Nat. Champs. Lipper, Lightning and Eagle.

Old Post 01-12-2016 04:25 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
furyunleashed83
UKC Forum Member

breeding

How was adios eagle and lightning bred?

Old Post 01-23-2016 11:43 PM
furyunleashed83 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for furyunleashed83 Click here to Send furyunleashed83 a Private Message Click Here to Email furyunleashed83 Find more posts by furyunleashed83 Add furyunleashed83 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Junebug Ramey
New UKC Forum Member

Lightning was out of Lipper and Baggett's Dixie. Eagle was out of Lightning can't remember who the dam is.

Old Post 01-24-2016 04:06 PM
JNIndians
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Junebug Ramey
Lightning was out of Lipper and Baggett's Dixie. Eagle was out of Lightning can't remember who the dam is.

I believe eagle was out of lightning and Courtney's Coco.

Adios Lightning died at a real young age cause he was hunting in a big competition and fell in a well. Believe he won even though he died.

Was one heck of a coon dog could just blow through the country with a screaming mouth much like his Ole dad Lipper.

Check us out on Facebook!
http://facebook.com/LippersImpact

Home of:
PR LIPPER'S IMPACT(Direct Son of House's Lipper)
https://hounddogcentral.com/view_pe...p;generations=4

GRNITECH CLEANS BIG CITY CHAOS
https://hounddogcentral.com/view_pe...p;generations=4

Old Post 01-25-2016 11:48 PM
JNIndians is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JNIndians Click here to Send JNIndians a Private Message Click Here to Email JNIndians Visit JNIndians's homepage! Find more posts by JNIndians Add JNIndians to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joel Cotney
New UKC Forum Member

Adios Lightening remembered

Adios Lightening was a very quick hunter, hunted on the run, and went as deep as necessary to strike and almost always treed his coon. Very often he was alone. Not a mean hair on him, he would back off the tree and hold it under any pressure. Bawl on track short bawl on tree. Easy to call. I bred my Clint female to him twice. Cotney's Coco. Out of those crosses were exceptional coon hounds. Adios Eagle and Adios Magic were best of each litter. The absolute fastest track dog I ever hunted with. He was a black and white dog with a blanket back. Excellent conformation and cat footed. Died far to young, fell in a well. Like his sire, Lipper, and his son, Adios Eagle, he was a PKC National Champion.

That brings back fond memories.

Old Post 02-08-2016 09:06 AM
Joel Cotney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joel Cotney Click here to Send Joel Cotney a Private Message Click Here to Email Joel Cotney Find more posts by Joel Cotney Add Joel Cotney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eagle
New UKC Forum Member

Adios Lighting

Can anyone provide me with a phone number of someone who would still have Adios Lighting or Eagle blood?

Old Post 03-12-2018 11:31 PM
Eagle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eagle Click here to Send Eagle a Private Message Click Here to Email Eagle Find more posts by Eagle Add Eagle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AdiosBaggett24
New UKC Forum Member

My dad was Larry Baggett, the owner of Adios Lightning. I know he would have gotten a kick out of seeing Lightning remembered like this. He always said Lightning was a freak of nature and that he never saw a dog quite like him. I was very young (7-8) when Lightning was around. I remember throwing base baseballs in a bucket and he would go in holding his breath to get the ball and bring it back to me. Dad said he once retrieved a coon under water cause of what I showed him. Who knows, but I choose to believe it. He was a great house dog as well as a hunting dog. When he died it was one of the few times I actually saw my dad's heart broken. He won the world championship shortly after having lung surgery at Auburn from what I believe was grass seeds in the lung. You can still see where the hair was shaved on his sides in the trophy photos. I remember my dad could actually call him off a tree if we where unable to get to him. I still have all of the trophies and pictures, even old news segments featuring him. Sadly, he did die from falling in a well in his final hunt along with several other dogs that night. He had a tracking collar on and they found him by using a plane. They would get one beep when they flew over the spot of the well. He is buried in the coondog cemetery in Alabama. My father passed away in 2004. If you ever came down to the Sunshine Jamboree in Thomasville GA in the early 90s, you probably met him and all the other great hunters he called friends.

Old Post 03-10-2020 06:24 PM
AdiosBaggett24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AdiosBaggett24 Click here to Send AdiosBaggett24 a Private Message Find more posts by AdiosBaggett24 Add AdiosBaggett24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote