UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > RIP Mike Reaf
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

RIP Mike Reaf

He was one of a kind. He always had a way to make you laugh. Gone but will never be forgotten. Rest in peace friend and Cast them English dogs enjoy it.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-24-2021 09:10 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Mike Raef

Mike was a Dandy and Fun to be around. I was lucky to have known him, Competition Hunt with him, Pleasure Hunt with him.
I would run into him at the Reservoir and he would almost always be by himself leading 2 or 3 Hounds around.
RIP Buddy you gave it a heck of a fight.

Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 03-24-2021 09:15 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Nelson
UKC Forum Member

RIP always enjoyed visiting with him at the hunts

Old Post 03-24-2021 09:39 PM
Jeff Nelson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Nelson Click here to Send Jeff Nelson a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff Nelson Add Jeff Nelson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

He was always good to be around and fun to hunt with, hate to hear it. RIP Mike

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 03-24-2021 09:56 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D Brothers
UKC Forum Member

RIP Mike. Glad I got to see him last yr at the World Hunt in Peru.

Old Post 03-24-2021 10:32 PM
D Brothers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D Brothers Click here to Send D Brothers a Private Message Click Here to Email D Brothers Find more posts by D Brothers Add D Brothers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boondok Kennels
UKC Forum Member

RIP Mike. I enjoyed some conversations and a couple casts with him. Yup, he was a character.

*Buck Creek Fancy
*Buck Creek Rambler
*Ch Blaster's Big Roller...RIP
*Buck Creek Sugie...RIP
*GrNiteCh Buck Creek Hitler...RIP

Old Post 03-24-2021 11:36 PM
Boondok Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boondok Kennels Click here to Send Boondok Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by Boondok Kennels Add Boondok Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harryharris
UKC Forum Member

RIP Mike Raef

Unfortunately I just heard about Mike today. Served 15 years on the Board with Mike at ACHA. What a great guy!
The wilder the dog the more he liked them! Two time World Hunt winner and participated in ALL the registries. Nobody was more honest and a better sport!!!
The man upstairs must have a couple wild ones and needs a handler ... he chose a GOOD ONE!

Old Post 07-18-2021 05:02 AM
harryharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harryharris Click here to Send harryharris a Private Message Click Here to Email harryharris Find more posts by harryharris Add harryharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JDR
UKC Forum Member

I've been in one comp. hunt in my life (as a spectator). It was the first round of the TOC. Naturally, I was just tagging along and enjoying the hound work. About midway through the cast, I ask Mike his name because I felt like I might be in the presences of a legend. When Mike told be his name, I told him it was great to be in the presences of a Legend. He chuckled and then continued to grumble about his worthless dog.

I watched him along with the others and how they conducted themselves and I can say I left with a great impression of Mike Reaf and the rest of the cast.

Sorry to hear of his passing. The sport lost a great representative.

Old Post 07-19-2021 04:04 AM
JDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JDR Click here to Send JDR a Private Message Find more posts by JDR Add JDR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mike

Did not have the pleasure of knowing Mike, but from these posts one can see just how much he was respected and appreciated in the coon hunting community. Rest in peace Mike. Dave

Old Post 07-19-2021 06:08 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Mike Raef

I had the Pleasure of knowing Mike Personally. He was Fun to be around and knew how to take a joke and be able to laugh about it.
I have Competition Hunted with him and we Pleasure Hunted too.....there was No difference in Mike in either type of Hunt, he was always the same.
He hunted the same woods I do....the Reservoir. It was nothing to run into him by himself leading 2 or 3 Dogs.
He was a Top Notch Person and made alot of Friends.
RIP Mike Raef.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 07-19-2021 10:47 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: Mike Raef

quote:
Originally posted by Triple K Kennel
I had the Pleasure of knowing Mike Personally. He was Fun to be around and knew how to take a joke and be able to laugh about it.
I have Competition Hunted with him and we Pleasure Hunted too.....there was No difference in Mike in either type of Hunt, he was always the same.
He hunted the same woods I do....the Reservoir. It was nothing to run into him by himself leading 2 or 3 Dogs.
He was a Top Notch Person and made alot of Friends.
RIP Mike Raef.
Tim

I second that. His hounds won a lot but he never made excuses when they didn't and gave kudos to a good hound that beat him, if they looked good doing it. Someone you could learn a lot from, be it hounds or hunting in the hunts.

Old Post 07-19-2021 04:11 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
travis gideon
UKC Forum Member

Mike was a good one. It was a pleasure to know him, hunt with him and I had the privilege to write his version of his life story with hounds in the Coonhound Bloodlines magazine! Him and his hounds were a benefit to the English breed!

Alexandria, IN
270-763-2151 Cell#
E-mail: travisgideon@msn.com

English-
UKC Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC CH Baby Stakes Champion Top 10 Futurity Oakwood's Emma (RIP-1/10/15)
UKC Nt.Ch. PKC SCH Oakwood's Sunkist (semen/RIP/co-owned with Shane Cannon)
UKC Gr.Nt.Ch. '98 English Day's High Scoring Male Sat. Oakwood's Blue Bomber (RIP)

Walkers-
UKC Gr.Nt.Ch. Raintree Hardwood Daisy (RIP)
UKC Nt.Ch. Big Woods Bubba (RIP/co-owned with Wes Coffman)

RED HOT KENNEL (feists)
Feist's-
NKC SQ CH ATFA GR SQ CH SOS Willie (RIP)
ATFA SQ CH Red Hot Dolly

Old Post 07-24-2021 02:58 PM
travis gideon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for travis gideon Click here to Send travis gideon a Private Message Click Here to Email travis gideon Find more posts by travis gideon Add travis gideon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote