UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Wait on DNA Kits?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Coby Wright
UKC Forum Member

Wait on DNA Kits?

Hey UKC,

Why such the long wait for DNA sample kits?

I've been waiting about 4 weeks.

I'm not talking about DNA results - but the actual kit to swab their cheek. I have a dual-sired litter and the folks are raring to take their pups home.

How much longer should I expect to wait - just trying to set the correct expectations for the people waiting on these pups.

Thanks.

At Stud: Gr. Nt. Ch. Wright's Stylish Lotto Bawls (click here to see ad)

Former Home of Gr. Nt. Ch. Bawling Rebel.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-05-2021 08:44 PM
Coby Wright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coby Wright Click here to Send Coby Wright a Private Message Visit Coby Wright's homepage! Find more posts by Coby Wright Add Coby Wright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Be prepared for their processing to take quite a while too.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 03-05-2021 11:54 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Laura Bell
UKC Forum Member

I pre-paid and got the kit fairly quickly.
Now, I sent in a DNA sample for my Performance Sire back in Nov/Dec and still don't have results back.

Old Post 03-06-2021 12:40 PM
Laura Bell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Laura Bell Click here to Send Laura Bell a Private Message Click Here to Email Laura Bell Find more posts by Laura Bell Add Laura Bell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coby Wright
UKC Forum Member

I actually had them at home waiting for me after posting this, lol.

I pre-paid also for 7. Surprised it took so long, but I have them now.

As for processing, yeah, I bet it will be the summer before I get those back. I sent in the samples for the female and the 2nd male 1-25-21 and haven't seen those back yet.

It took about 3 months to get the results back when I performanced Lotto.

I understand why the processing takes so long - especially since most labs are working on skeleton crews and I was/am prepared for that wait. I just didn't expect to wait so long just to get the kits, lol.

Thankfully the new pup owners are understanding.

At Stud: Gr. Nt. Ch. Wright's Stylish Lotto Bawls (click here to see ad)

Former Home of Gr. Nt. Ch. Bawling Rebel.

Old Post 03-08-2021 11:44 PM
Coby Wright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coby Wright Click here to Send Coby Wright a Private Message Visit Coby Wright's homepage! Find more posts by Coby Wright Add Coby Wright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrr
UKC Forum Member

glad to see you got yours, i waited about as long as you did called them and got the story that kits had just came in but when i got the mail a week later they only sent 1 of the 3, lol I decided to go straight to UC davis labs and get rid of the middle man, had the test results 3 weeks later

712-438-0438

Old Post 03-17-2021 07:14 PM
mrr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mrr Click here to Send mrr a Private Message Click Here to Email mrr Find more posts by mrr Add mrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Why does any business still have a skeleton crew?

Old Post 03-17-2021 07:32 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

The way I did it was.....use 3 PKC swabs (because UKC needs 3), print the form and send it in. It doesn’t have to be one of their kits. A swab is a swab.

Old Post 03-17-2021 08:06 PM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote