UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > Bear walkers
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dustin reddish
UKC Forum Member

Bear walkers

What's ur opinion on the best line of walkers out there for bear

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-22-2015 12:21 AM
Dustin reddish is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dustin reddish Click here to Send Dustin reddish a Private Message Click Here to Email Dustin reddish Find more posts by Dustin reddish Add Dustin reddish to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLKRIVCRS
UKC Forum Member

Ingredients

I think some of the main ingredients for a good bear hound would come from , Meyers Big Bam Bam , Spring Creek , Neosho, Houses Lipper, Bozo, Rock River Tuck, Hoffmans Chip, Yadkin River. If anyone is looking for pups that have all these ingredients check out my pups out of Black River Rush under walker pups in the big game classifieds

Old Post 10-23-2015 05:07 PM
BLKRIVCRS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLKRIVCRS Click here to Send BLKRIVCRS a Private Message Click Here to Email BLKRIVCRS Find more posts by BLKRIVCRS Add BLKRIVCRS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shephard1993
UKC Forum Member

BLKRIVCRS. I see you have puppys for sale. How would you compare your line to others. Were do they stand with key ingredients like cold nose, speed, grit. Will they stay bayed or treed for extended periods. Are they generally bawl or chop mouthed. Do they break off trash easy. I have 0 patients for a barking hard to handle hound. Prefer them to be laid back with some smarts about them. Can ya post some pictures of parents treeing or baying some bear?

Old Post 10-24-2015 01:49 AM
shephard1993 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shephard1993 Click here to Send shephard1993 a Private Message Click Here to Email shephard1993 Find more posts by shephard1993 Add shephard1993 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLKRIVCRS
UKC Forum Member

Shepard 1993

I'm impressed with your questions, I've hunted these dogs with some very good bear dogs and feel they more than hold their own. Seen them rig bear other trucks drove right by, take a beating and still have to go get them out of the woods and as a rule think the walker breed moves a track better than most other breeds out there , so speed never entered my mind as a concern. These dogs aren't chop mouth on track but don't have a long bawl while working a track and have a nice locate. As far as trash goes that's more about the owners ability to train then anything else . I try to set my young dogs up for success and then test them and try to avoid dropping them in with another dog that's running trash even though most owners will try to convince you otherwise. I personally have had very little problems with trash runners and a smart hound will tell on the others that are. Ive been told by others I should take more pictures but never seem to do so , alot to take care of while dogs are in the woods. I can send some pictures to your cell phone but posting pictures on here is just a lot of work.

Last edited by BLKRIVCRS on 10-24-2015 at 08:20 AM

Old Post 10-24-2015 08:17 AM
BLKRIVCRS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLKRIVCRS Click here to Send BLKRIVCRS a Private Message Click Here to Email BLKRIVCRS Find more posts by BLKRIVCRS Add BLKRIVCRS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shephard1993
UKC Forum Member

I would agree in every aspect other then speed. I feel speed isn't the only factor but the most important to consistently catch game. There is a big difference in a pack chasing a bear and one running to catch a bear. I know a good bunch of bear hunters in Michigan. Who all is running your line of hounds?

Old Post 10-24-2015 01:33 PM
shephard1993 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shephard1993 Click here to Send shephard1993 a Private Message Click Here to Email shephard1993 Find more posts by shephard1993 Add shephard1993 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLKRIVCRS
UKC Forum Member

Shepard 1993

I'm not one of those breeders that put out 50 or more pups a year, but do enjoy having a litter to work with . Rush is a young hound and has a total of 18 pups on the ground , just wanted to let some hunters know that might be able to benefit from his breeding. I'm also not comfortable with name dropping for self gain but if your serious about a pup give me a call and I'll hook you up ...... Cell number ..... 810-513-1092.......

Old Post 10-24-2015 04:46 PM
jeffbearhunter
UKC Forum Member

Randy, how's that pup you bought from me doing?

Old Post 10-24-2015 07:40 PM
jeffbearhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffbearhunter Click here to Send jeffbearhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email jeffbearhunter Find more posts by jeffbearhunter Add jeffbearhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLKRIVCRS
UKC Forum Member

Jeffbearhunter

Glad to here from you was wondering how your season went . That is one more ingredient I plan to add to these dogs maybe in the spring . She's a medium size light weight hound that was moving a track at a young age . I got her figured in my plans (Lords Ranger X J- Hanel,s Jessie) I call her Sizzle.

Old Post 10-24-2015 11:56 PM
jeffbearhunter
UKC Forum Member

The males that we kept are doing really good, mine made almost all of the trees he was turned loose on. Cat hunted him a couple of times last winter with one of my other young dog's and looked good on those. So I plan on hunting him more this winter. I have a really nice dog out of my old buddy dog that is Jessie's dad and Moore Creek Betty. Really nice cat dog and really nice on bear. He is truck to tree dog, he is two years old. Have two litters out of him crossed with Jessie. The first was a accidental, had to get them dna'ed to make sure and the second was planned. Had two that lived out of the first litter. The male I kept made his first tree at 6 months old, he is the fastest starting pup I've ever seen. Doing things that year old dogs aren't even doing. Have high hopes for him for sure. Dogs all looking good.

Old Post 10-25-2015 12:54 AM
jeffbearhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffbearhunter Click here to Send jeffbearhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email jeffbearhunter Find more posts by jeffbearhunter Add jeffbearhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLKRIVCRS
UKC Forum Member

Jeffbearhunter

What other ingredients would you add to the mix ?

Old Post 10-25-2015 01:52 AM
jeffbearhunter
UKC Forum Member

Just need a little more grit but thats about it. They are pretty nice dogs

Old Post 10-25-2015 02:15 AM
harrington
UKC Forum Member

pups

My pack consists of meyers , spring creek , lipper , noesheo river , nailor, all are fast ,good tree dogs , spring creek is noted for grit, can't go wrong with these , we had this breeding for 20 yrs. , will not change ! we hunt cat also , some do better than others on cat , our seem to be to fast on cats , tend to over run , need more cat running , we are limited on cat hunting time , we run bear most , no coon

Old Post 10-27-2015 01:26 AM
harrington is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harrington Click here to Send harrington a Private Message Find more posts by harrington Add harrington to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLKRIVCRS
UKC Forum Member

Harrington

Nailor is a Yadkin Tar Rattler bred dog and Sackett Jr goes back to Spring Creek Rock through Dohoneys Boone on the bottom and back to Yadkin on the top.

Old Post 10-27-2015 04:34 AM
TLand
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Reddish...

You already know what I think.... But I'll tell the others. Lol

White Cloud walkers. I do have one Lipper bred gyp that I really like too.

Old Post 10-30-2015 02:49 PM
TLand is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TLand Click here to Send TLand a Private Message Find more posts by TLand Add TLand to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dustin reddish
UKC Forum Member

Nose mr land we lookin for nose kipper has the nose

Old Post 10-30-2015 04:19 PM
Dustin reddish is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dustin reddish Click here to Send Dustin reddish a Private Message Click Here to Email Dustin reddish Find more posts by Dustin reddish Add Dustin reddish to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiekhofers_walk
UKC Forum Member

neosho

I have some of this blood. I have pups right now that have Meyers bam bam and other Meyers blood in them mixed with a pile of neosho river. My two picks of the litter are rocking. The female is cold nosed at under a year cold trailed side by side with a 3 year old start dog. And for grit and heart. These pups get tore up and the only thing that happens is they get pissed and want more. For Travis land, I've hunted with a couple white cloud owned a couple, Bobby bought my cooter dog. I think my female will or already had a better nose then him and my male is grittier then cooter was. I wanna bring these neosho dogs down and hunt with Bobby.

Old Post 03-31-2016 02:10 PM
kiekhofers_walk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kiekhofers_walk Click here to Send kiekhofers_walk a Private Message Click Here to Email kiekhofers_walk Find more posts by kiekhofers_walk Add kiekhofers_walk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TLand
UKC Forum Member

Mike, I haven't owned any Neosho River dogs.... But I do have a couple dogs that have Finley River Pete, FR Hawk and FR Trickle in their pedigree. The Neosho dogs go back to FR don't they?? I am not sure. Would you mind posting a pedigree of one? I am just curious. I like my WC dogs. And I like these 3 dogs I have with the FR in them and House's Lipper in 3rd generation. I'd like to learn more about the Neosho dogs, if you'd like to share. Thanks Mike, I hope all is well.

Old Post 03-31-2016 02:53 PM
TLand is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TLand Click here to Send TLand a Private Message Find more posts by TLand Add TLand to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote