UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Wild willy
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

Willy I have a question for you

Perhaps we can talk sometime but I'd like to talk to you about my female. Probably the most accurate little dog I ever hunted. She wants to please me more than anything. Minds the best, soft hearted and a little sensitive, never bothered trash. The concern I have is she sometimes takes too long to settle, she checks and rechecks herself, unless its a real hot run where coon goes up and she will tree fine. But on an old feeder track or if there is a litter or lots of tracks around she will locate, check and check and check and even when she trees good she has a habit of treeing getting down checking under the tree and going back to treeing. I have hunted her with a slick treeing dog and she will check and absolutely not honor him in any way. NEVER ever aggressive, she backs up and sits down sometimes with another dog jacking the tree. When she trees she's got it. I figured the more she matures and the more coon she has treed she will get better at sticking the tree. I love her accuracy and she has gotten better, I talk her up at the tree she loves the attention, worked on letting her tree for awhile tied up at the tree and have never shot out a coon she hasn't earned. She is not yet two. I love everything about her but just wish she would settle better on the tree. I tell myself who cares if she takes time if she has the meat everytime and shes honest and I know her dam and her grandsire were carefull accurate dogs that treed the last coon up. Should I appreciate what I have (none are perfect) or is there something I could be doing?

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-02-2020 10:40 PM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Re: Willy I have a question for you

quote:
Originally posted by Doug Robinson
Perhaps we can talk sometime but I'd like to talk to you about my female. Probably the most accurate little dog I ever hunted. She wants to please me more than anything. Minds the best, soft hearted and a little sensitive, never bothered trash. The concern I have is she sometimes takes too long to settle, she checks and rechecks herself, unless its a real hot run where coon goes up and she will tree fine. But on an old feeder track or if there is a litter or lots of tracks around she will locate, check and check and check and even when she trees good she has a habit of treeing getting down checking under the tree and going back to treeing. I have hunted her with a slick treeing dog and she will check and absolutely not honor him in any way. NEVER ever aggressive, she backs up and sits down sometimes with another dog jacking the tree. When she trees she's got it. I figured the more she matures and the more coon she has treed she will get better at sticking the tree. I love her accuracy and she has gotten better, I talk her up at the tree she loves the attention, worked on letting her tree for awhile tied up at the tree and have never shot out a coon she hasn't earned. She is not yet two. I love everything about her but just wish she would settle better on the tree. I tell myself who cares if she takes time if she has the meat everytime and shes honest and I know her dam and her grandsire were carefull accurate dogs that treed the last coon up. Should I appreciate what I have (none are perfect) or is there something I could be doing?

Doug ,
Call Willy get him on the phone !!
He definitely has a GREAT solution for you on this !
I know , as ive experienced the SAME thing.

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 04-03-2020 03:09 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

Appropriate it for sure!!

Doug what you have in your female is rarer than most would think! Her hesitance to tree goes hand in hand with her Accuracy/ Scent belief. Appreciate what you have in her, but Always take it farther !!!! I breed for pure natural ability However, I am never completely satisfied with even the most natural Tree Hounds because no matter what their ability is I can take it farther with communication and experience !!!

I'll be going over Accuracy 101 ( the communication foundation) in just a little bit on Facebook and Youtube live. This information has turned hundreds of slick treeing Hounds into Meat Dogs !!! And improves accuracy in all Tree Hounds.

I'll be touching on Razors Edge Accuracy as well !!!

Click link to see our Upcoming library Obedience Video !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TtkiewjtvM

Home of Dual GR.CH. !! Bad Boy Brussel !!

GR.CH.GR.NITE.CH.BRUSSEL SPROUTS ROAST
(((((((One of the smartest coon hounds on the Face of the EARTH))))))) 40 verbal comands 20 hand signals !! Amazing In the Woods!!!!
Pm for DVD Video !!

Wild Willy's Way to Complete Coon Hound Control training system / Specializing in Coonhound Control and Scent Training Scent Hounds !!! With Positive Reinforcement Methods !!! Click the link to watch WildWilly'sWay to 10 minute Loading training- Quick Tip
https://youtu.be/zUa7hT7Tbgg See a Sneak Peek of our beliefs on Off Game Breaking with this link- Off game Breaking https://youtu.be/tVouPD95P9s

Old Post 04-04-2020 05:44 PM
wildwilly0161 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildwilly0161 Click here to Send wildwilly0161 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildwilly0161 Find more posts by wildwilly0161 Add wildwilly0161 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Just saw a video today on Facebook. Good Job Willy. Keep it up!

Old Post 04-04-2020 07:35 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

My Personal Thanks !!

I want to personally thank all of my fellow Coon Hunters that have pushed me to do what I do! Each one of your encouraging words are greatly appreciated!! This weekend I will be recording some of my secret Puppy Starting Information as a personal Thank You !!!
Weather permitting

Click link to see our Upcoming library Obedience Video !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TtkiewjtvM

(((((((One of the smartest coon hounds on the Face of the EARTH))))))) 40 verbal comands 20 hand signals !! Amazing In the Woods!!!!
Pm for DVD Video !!

Wild Willy's Way to Complete Coon Hound Control training system / Specializing in Coonhound Control and Scent Training Scent Hounds !!! With Positive Reinforcement Methods !!! Click the link to watch WildWilly'sWay to 10 minute Loading training- Quick Tip
https://youtu.be/zUa7hT7Tbgg See a Sneak Peek of our beliefs on Off Game Breaking with this link- Off game Breaking https://youtu.be/tVouPD95P9s

Old Post 04-16-2020 10:36 PM
wildwilly0161 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildwilly0161 Click here to Send wildwilly0161 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildwilly0161 Find more posts by wildwilly0161 Add wildwilly0161 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Appreciate what you do Willy. More importantly I appreciate why you do it. It is to show people that our dogs are not stupid and they are trainable. A trained hound brings more joy to its owner and generally is given more love and a better life than one that has been neglected.

Willy the methods you use will be liked by some and scoffed at by others. That doesn't really matter. Because if someone is inspired by how you show a hound can be trained and uses a completely different method. You still were part of it and accomplished what is in your heart to do. Save dogs lives by training the owners to do the right things with their hounds.

Keep up the good work!

Old Post 04-17-2020 02:17 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

Thank You Bruce !!

Thank You Bruce, I spent much time on making my system the faster easiest way to get results, so it saves us valuable time and money by taking all the guess work out! Soon I will be recording how I do my Obedience training in the woods while I hunt. So I can convey just how easy it is to do and how it improves accuracy !!!

Check out WildWilly's Talk'in Dog ep. 6 Puppy Staring 101. part 1, on Facebook and youtube. The Do's and Dont's of it, as well as my Secret Young Puppy starting techniques!

How Wild K9 preditors scent train their young!!

Scent Wiring explained Live!!!

!!wildwilly!!
Go to wildwillysway.com for more information !!!!

Pm for DVD Video !!

Last edited by wildwilly0161 on 04-19-2020 at 11:35 PM

Old Post 04-19-2020 11:27 PM
LoggyBayouBlues
UKC Forum Member

Training

Wild Willy's training video's are awesome! They make a lot sense, and they are very Educational, and they work.
Thank you Willy, keep up the good work!
John

Old Post 04-29-2020 06:15 PM
LoggyBayouBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LoggyBayouBlues Click here to Send LoggyBayouBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email LoggyBayouBlues Find more posts by LoggyBayouBlues Add LoggyBayouBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clif Owen
UKC Forum Member

Just ordered. I can't wait for it to arrive and I'm hoping I can make use of the system.

Old Post 05-01-2020 01:13 AM
Clif Owen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clif Owen Click here to Send Clif Owen a Private Message Click Here to Email Clif Owen Find more posts by Clif Owen Add Clif Owen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clif Owen
UKC Forum Member

Just ordered. I can't wait for it to arrive and I'm hoping I can make use of the system.

Old Post 05-01-2020 01:13 AM
Clif Owen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clif Owen Click here to Send Clif Owen a Private Message Click Here to Email Clif Owen Find more posts by Clif Owen Add Clif Owen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BawlinBlues
UKC Forum Member

how can I order the dvd?

Coty Strannahan

Old Post 05-01-2020 07:44 AM
BawlinBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BawlinBlues Click here to Send BawlinBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email BawlinBlues Find more posts by BawlinBlues Add BawlinBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Plott
UKC Forum Member

https://www.wildwillysway.com/

Old Post 05-01-2020 02:29 PM
Black Plott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Plott Click here to Send Black Plott a Private Message Click Here to Email Black Plott Find more posts by Black Plott Add Black Plott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

Thank You

Guys, Thank You!! For every message " they mean the world to me!!! I keep receiving message after message after message thanking me !!!

"My 3 yr old Female stays treed every time now"
"My problemed pup has no problems and is treeing by himself now"
"Name that Book Tree Table Manners because that's what my 6-year-old has now I hunt him with everything now" and my most favorite of all " Thank Gog I didn't cull him, I never would have believed it was such an easy fix without you"

These messages make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up no differently than when my green puppy pulls up treed for the first time !!!!!
Thank You very much! I am very camera shy and nervous when doing videos and I know I need to improve but the messages let me know we Are getting results and that's what this information is all about!!!

Tomorrow's episode will cover how I use my Starting system that I went over last week to look into my young Hounds Genetics to see what his future will bring? We have no time to waste so I invented a Genetics testing system so I may test at the same time I start them, alowing us to look far ahead into the future of Tree Pups.

Thanks again
!!wildwilly!!

Pm for DVD Video !!

Old Post 05-01-2020 06:46 PM
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

Training a coonhound

Is it possible to train a redbone coonhound that is 2 years old to be a coonhound? The dog has a good bloodline but hasn't been messed with much at all. I'm just trying to see if I'd be wasting my time or is it possible for me to make her a good coonhound.

Old Post 05-09-2020 03:58 AM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boondok Kennels
UKC Forum Member

Is it just me or is ordering Wild Willy’s package very difficult?? I don’t claim to be a computer guy, but good gosh, I can’t order it! Willy, I sent an email and haven’t heard anything yet...

*Buck Creek Fancy
*Buck Creek Rambler
*Ch Blaster's Big Roller...RIP
*Buck Creek Sugie...RIP
*GrNiteCh Buck Creek Hitler...RIP

Old Post 05-09-2020 11:05 PM
Boondok Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boondok Kennels Click here to Send Boondok Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by Boondok Kennels Add Boondok Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

I will say this.....being from Canada its nearly impossible to order from most vendors online because there's an extra digit in our zip code and it just won't work online. I've had several that simply wouldn't take the time to pick up a phone and take a credit card number over the phone. My wife was trying to order this book from Willy and was having issues. She emailed him and he replied,called her,and got her fixed up. It hasn't arrived yet but I'm very happy with the service. Thanks Willy

Old Post 05-09-2020 11:35 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boondok Kennels
UKC Forum Member

Wild Willy package

Well, no response yet. I’m disappointed, but I am trying to be patient. Does anyone have a contact number for him? I hate this email/computer stuff. Rather talk to a person.

*Buck Creek Fancy
*Buck Creek Rambler
*Ch Blaster's Big Roller...RIP
*Buck Creek Sugie...RIP
*GrNiteCh Buck Creek Hitler...RIP

Old Post 05-12-2020 02:50 PM
Boondok Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boondok Kennels Click here to Send Boondok Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by Boondok Kennels Add Boondok Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

My appoligies

My apologies, my time has been limited due to deaths in the family during these trying times. The website is up and running smoothly for anyone in the USA. However, Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii must be done in person. Pm or email me your # for shipping.

Pm for DVD Video !!

Old Post 11-11-2020 08:53 PM
oklared
UKC Forum Member

Re: Training a coonhound

quote:
Originally posted by Ridgerunner1988
Is it possible to train a redbone coonhound that is 2 years old to be a coonhound? The dog has a good bloodline but hasn't been messed with much at all. I'm just trying to see if I'd be wasting my time or is it possible for me to make her a good coonhound.

IT DEPENDS ON THE DOG NOT YOU

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 11-12-2020 03:26 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

Starting a 2 year old.

I used to think starting a Hound at 2 was late, however, Many people today still wait until their Hound is around 2 years old to start them at all.
So yes it is absolutely possible to start a 2 yr old. Just remember that even throw he is older he will act like a puppy in many aspects in the field and this requires more patients as he is full-grown and harder to handle if no work has been put in him already.
However, if it is bred in him correctly it will come out if he gets the chance.

Many of the techniques I have invented were created for the sole purpose to give these Hounds a deserving chance!! Feel free to watch my starting videos as these methods will catch him up Fast !!!!!!
and if it's in him he will surpass all of your expectations.
free of charge wildwillys way on Youtube or my Facebook.

Pm for DVD Video !!

Old Post 11-20-2020 07:36 PM
CHRIS SUTTON
UKC Forum Member

Ill buy one if there is a section on putting a handle on a hound. I cant stand calling a dog and it never even acknowledges you. I also dont want to burn a pup up with a collar.

Old Post 11-20-2020 10:58 PM
CHRIS SUTTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHRIS SUTTON Click here to Send CHRIS SUTTON a Private Message Find more posts by CHRIS SUTTON Add CHRIS SUTTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CHRIS SUTTON
Ill buy one if there is a section on putting a handle on a hound. I cant stand calling a dog and it never even acknowledges you. I also dont want to burn a pup up with a collar.
buy the book

Old Post 11-20-2020 11:05 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

Chris

Chris, Step one is Come here, but done in my way that Gets results that you can see in just a couple minutes after starting.

Putting a handle on them (discipline) is exactly what my book is, but it teaches how to put a handle on all temperaments from more timid Hounds to the Hardest most Bull headed ones you could ever imagine, WITHOUT taking Any Hunt Out of them, which is the Key to our sport.
!!wildwilly!!

Pm for DVD Video !!

Old Post 01-08-2021 11:27 PM