UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > $800 dollar dog
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
barbwire
UKC Forum Member

$800 dollar dog

What kind of dog do you all think you can get for 800

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-20-2015 01:42 AM
barbwire is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barbwire Click here to Send barbwire a Private Message Click Here to Email barbwire Find more posts by barbwire Add barbwire to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huffman1988
UKC Forum Member

It depends on who you are buying it from, and why they are selling it? I bought a dog for $900.00 back when I bear hunted from a friend who had too many dogs, and it was one of the best dogs I had. I sold her two years later for $2500.00. I would be very cautious if someone was trying to sell me an amazing dog for that price if they weren't quitting, or I didn't know them, and wouldn't do it without a trial.

Old Post 07-20-2015 01:46 AM
huffman1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huffman1988 Click here to Send huffman1988 a Private Message Find more posts by huffman1988 Add huffman1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
barbwire
UKC Forum Member

I agree people kill me thinking you can buy one for that an it be a pure coon dog.

Old Post 07-20-2015 01:51 AM
barbwire is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barbwire Click here to Send barbwire a Private Message Click Here to Email barbwire Find more posts by barbwire Add barbwire to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rthompson
UKC Forum Member

Not much unles its a young pup actin good.

Old Post 07-20-2015 02:08 AM
rthompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rthompson Click here to Send rthompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rthompson Find more posts by rthompson Add rthompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Williams
UKC Forum Member

I've got more than that in a pup that I raised & won the breeding! Used frozen semen, so I had to pay for the a.i., drove round trip about 800 miles, she had 1 pup that died & vet had to help with 2nd one. Named the pup High Dollar. But he is growing like a weed & acting real good.

Old Post 07-20-2015 02:54 AM
Randy Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Williams Click here to Send Randy Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Williams Find more posts by Randy Williams Add Randy Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

dog

it can happen,but not very often most of the time if not all we have way more than this in them just getting them to six months old and started. This spring I bought a 7 yr old black and tan from a pleasure hunter for a pup trainer he had never been put in a hunt in his life he claimed he just wasn't good enough hound for that just an old country coon dog. I have since put him in 7 hunts and won 5 cast with him just for the fun of it. I would of loved to had this dog when he was young any way best 300 pup trainer ive ever bought lol looks really good on the papers too mid huron black bart bred. All coon dog for 300$

Old Post 07-20-2015 05:06 AM
morgan branch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgan branch Click here to Send morgan branch a Private Message Find more posts by morgan branch Add morgan branch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

If you get a "good dog for $800" it has holes some where. Or it has trash issues. I sold a male walker to a buddy in Arkansas for $800. He was a decent dog here in New York. But he had a porky problem. You couldn't hunt him a month before he'd catch a porky on the ground. So you'd be pulling quills for 4-5 hours.
My buddy loves this dog down there. They don't have porcupines down there. So I felt he could do fairly well. He had a huge mouth. You could hear this dog a long long ways. To each their own. You can get a dog that will work for you for 800. Maybe it has trash problems like above. Maybe it don't. But you better believe that it has problems some where.

Old Post 07-20-2015 01:51 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

X2 holes is what your gonna get, you can get a better dog for 300 and put the time into it

Old Post 07-20-2015 02:14 PM
dchartt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dchartt Click here to Send dchartt a Private Message Click Here to Email dchartt Find more posts by dchartt Add dchartt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lambert dillon
UKC Forum Member

My family in Indiana payed 500 for there female and got over 100 with her. Can get a pleasure dog cheap. Just depends on person.

Old Post 07-20-2015 03:47 PM
lambert dillon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lambert dillon Click here to Send lambert dillon a Private Message Click Here to Email lambert dillon Find more posts by lambert dillon Add lambert dillon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

There are not a lot of them out there for that price but they can be found you just have to be careful. Sure some have issues show me a dog that doesn't. Good dogs that sell cheap come from situations like Divorce, young people who have lost interest, and unforeseen financial needs just to name a few. With that in mind don't expect to get a World hunt winner just a ol country coon dog.

Old Post 07-20-2015 04:05 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JR Collins
UKC Forum Member

$800

I paid $800 for the last dog I bought. He is a NTCH. His holes are as follows.
8 years old
Not loud
Barks some in the Kennel. Not too Bad.
Chop mouth on track and tree.
Checks tree alot before settling on the tree. Sometimes for as long as 2 minutes.

What I like about him.
Good with kids.
Decent Layup dog.
He hunts close. I have a lot of small patches to hunt.
He is dead broke. Will not touch off game at all.
Holds his tree.
Takes the tracks as they come. Dont care care what the other dogs are doing if he has a track going.
Will go with the other dogs if he dont have anything going.
I have only walked to 3 slick trees in the last year. Two of those were in the same night in Febuary.
He has trained my sons pup.
When i bought him he had not been hunted for almost 2 years. The first night I took him he treed a coon. Was a little loose on the tree but stayed there with in 15ft of the tree. After a week of hunting and treeing coon after coon I could not be happier with my $800 dog.
I am certain he is not the type of dog most comp hunters want and I would not comp hunt him myself, but he is great to get a pup started with and a fun pleasure dog to just tree coon.

Old Post 07-20-2015 04:19 PM
JR Collins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JR Collins Click here to Send JR Collins a Private Message Click Here to Email JR Collins Find more posts by JR Collins Add JR Collins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daglove11
UKC Forum Member

I see a lot of dogs for 800 that "just need hunted"

Old Post 07-20-2015 09:04 PM
daglove11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for daglove11 Click here to Send daglove11 a Private Message Click Here to Email daglove11 Find more posts by daglove11 Add daglove11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

That's FUNNY right there ^^^^^^^^
Or they just need a few more knocked out to them.

Old Post 07-20-2015 09:20 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zzz22zzz
UKC Forum Member

dog

I put a dog on here was not 3 yet with a 1st place win nice dog was out mojo for 1300 would show him in the woods got not one call took him off going to keep him most people are internet hunters that's why good dogs are not for sale

Old Post 07-20-2015 11:43 PM
zzz22zzz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zzz22zzz Click here to Send zzz22zzz a Private Message Find more posts by zzz22zzz Add zzz22zzz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

lets see
well bred pup $350
dog hauler $350
register 2 kennel clubs $55
rabies,9 way shots,wormer $35
ran out of money before you got it performanced,ss,dna done

well i guess you can't even buy a good pup! how much is a nice started dogs price?

Old Post 07-21-2015 12:01 AM
pamjohnson is online now Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonhunter00
UKC Forum Member

I sold a other brother to one of my hounds who in my personal opinion was a decent hound where I hunt. Which is in south east ky where the mountains are steep as a mules face and coon are thin. He hunted good. Good nose. Straight hound never messed with trash and never backed a dog that he didnt think had a coon. Priced him for 800.00 and sold to a man in North Carolina. After a few weeks the man loved him and said he wouldn't take nothing for him. He needs 1 more cast win to NiteCh. He has flatter terrain and thicker coon so the dog looked amazing where he hunts. So I think yes you can get a decent hound for 800.00. But I don't price anything I sell high. For the simple fact that times are bad for most cost of living is high and keeps going up. Not many can fork out 1,500.00 - 2,500.00 for a hound. Oh yeah. Which reminds me I hunt blueticks they are hard to sell haha lol

Old Post 07-21-2015 01:25 AM
coonhunter00 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter00 Click here to Send coonhunter00 a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhunter00 Find more posts by coonhunter00 Add coonhunter00 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BooneMcCrary
UKC Forum Member

I have never gave over $1,000 for one.....around here thats big money if your not in the "competition ring"..........I have never seen a dog priced for over $1,500 around here by the pleasure hunters....The same dog that a pleasure hunter values at $1,000 around here is what a Competition hunter values at $5,000.

GrNiteCh CLEAR TIMBER CLASSY SASSY

Old Post 07-21-2015 05:28 PM
BooneMcCrary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BooneMcCrary Click here to Send BooneMcCrary a Private Message Click Here to Email BooneMcCrary Find more posts by BooneMcCrary Add BooneMcCrary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

Of course you can buy a good dog for $800 . You can also buy a complete idiot for $10,000 .one of the best I've ever bought I gave $400 for him. You've heard the expression " one mans trash is another man's treasure". It's very true with coondogs the reason I was able to buy the dog so cheap was the old guy didn't like a wide hunter or an independent dog .so I got hard going split tree dog for next to nothing and loved him.

Old Post 07-21-2015 05:58 PM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

One of the best I ever had I bought for $150. The guy I got him from sold him because he thought he was running deer. He would leave his other dog so far that the other dog would quit. He was the fastest coon hound I ever owned. And extremely accurate. And he was a Walker.

Old Post 07-22-2015 12:48 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kordog
UKC Forum Member

labs are about 800 for a well bred puppy.

Old Post 07-22-2015 12:55 AM
kordog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kordog Click here to Send kordog a Private Message Click Here to Email kordog Find more posts by kordog Add kordog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BooneMcCrary
UKC Forum Member

I got my Lab for 400 off the tit....He is a hunting machine, and is by far the most obedient dog I have ever owned, but your right, Labs are Outrageous! But back to the coondogs!

GrNiteCh CLEAR TIMBER CLASSY SASSY

Old Post 07-22-2015 01:34 AM
BooneMcCrary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BooneMcCrary Click here to Send BooneMcCrary a Private Message Click Here to Email BooneMcCrary Find more posts by BooneMcCrary Add BooneMcCrary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

So True.......!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Prince
Of course you can buy a good dog for $800 . You can also buy a complete idiot for $10,000 .one of the best I've ever bought I gave $400 for him. You've heard the expression " one mans trash is another man's treasure". It's very true with coondogs the reason I was able to buy the dog so cheap was the old guy didn't like a wide hunter or an independent dog .so I got hard going split tree dog for next to nothing and loved him.

Man, you hit the Nail on the Head..........So True.......!!!

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 07-22-2015 02:35 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

Theres a lot of people believing a lot of hype and theres a lot of people overlooking GREAT DEALS and missing out. You can get a total cull for $800 or you can get the best dog you ever owned in your life.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16

Old Post 07-22-2015 05:25 AM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Prince

YES.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16

Old Post 07-22-2015 05:26 AM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeerSlyer86
UKC Forum Member

I bought a very well started black dog for $1300, but then again you won't get a black dog cheap. Me if I have a dog for sale I'll show him in the woods to anybody I don't care if I'm selling him for $50 or $5,000. I speak the truth about a hound and I'm gonna make sure the man is getting what I tell them. My reputation means to much to me for someone to say I sold them junk.

Old Post 07-22-2015 01:22 PM
DeerSlyer86 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DeerSlyer86 Click here to Send DeerSlyer86 a Private Message Click Here to Email DeerSlyer86 Find more posts by DeerSlyer86 Add DeerSlyer86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote