UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > The Winningest Dof of All Time!!!
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rthompson
UKC Forum Member

Im supprised nobody mentioned hardwood henry!! he won a bunch.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-26-2015 03:13 PM
rthompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rthompson Click here to Send rthompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rthompson Find more posts by rthompson Add rthompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sauk Talking
UKC Forum Member

Magnets mother, Jane, was loaded with Bawlie blood

Old Post 07-26-2015 06:28 PM
Sauk Talking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sauk Talking Click here to Send Sauk Talking a Private Message Find more posts by Sauk Talking Add Sauk Talking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sauk Talking
UKC Forum Member

Jane had a sister that tree'd so intense, that when the coon was shot out, she would not stop treeing to fight the coon, the man had the idea that any dog who would not fight the coon must be no good, and pealed her off the tree with a 12 gauge,

Old Post 07-26-2015 06:31 PM
Sauk Talking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sauk Talking Click here to Send Sauk Talking a Private Message Find more posts by Sauk Talking Add Sauk Talking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

And with tree pickin bill was owned by a working man and wasn't run up and down the road competing !!! Another dog comes to mind is moose !!! Wipeout sack he won his almost 100000$ in only a handful of hunts period !!! Thanks pretty dominant there!!!

Old Post 07-26-2015 07:05 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BooneMcCrary
UKC Forum Member

Wipeout Clayton is also a dog that has won BIG and he has also won all over the United States too......Big White Dog

GrNiteCh CLEAR TIMBER CLASSY SASSY

Old Post 07-26-2015 07:12 PM
BooneMcCrary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BooneMcCrary Click here to Send BooneMcCrary a Private Message Click Here to Email BooneMcCrary Find more posts by BooneMcCrary Add BooneMcCrary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boozeboxer
Banned

fun topic but...

This is very similar to mid day AM sports talk debates over the greatest baseball/basketball/football players of all time. It is a fun debate but impossible to objectively determine because competition hunt opportunities, registries, number of dogs, competition of dogs, rules, and other factors change through the years. Also what valuation one puts on different hunts and registiries is always subjective.

Old Post 07-27-2015 07:38 PM
boozeboxer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boozeboxer Click here to Send boozeboxer a Private Message Click Here to Email boozeboxer Find more posts by boozeboxer Add boozeboxer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CentralTn
One I have noticed in pkc is Millcreeek Molly she had over 110k won and all time 3rd place.Know nothing about her except she never won the world hunt.Impressive espically for a female with the down time the usually have.

I guided Mill Creek Molly at the AKC World Hunt years ago. Very often we end up disappointed when we get the chance to see these big name dogs go, usually because of inflated expectations. But Molly did not disappoint on that night. She treed four coons alone when three other good dogs couldn't find a track. Made a permanent impression on me.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 07-27-2015 08:31 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by POTOMAC
Wolves tree pickin bill won the grand American , the U.S. open which I believe was equivalent to the world hunt back then and placed high at autumn oaks all in one year not to mention quite a few state titles back to back in multiple states I know Maryland he won 2 or 3 years but to say the least he won a lot of big hunts back when it was very difficult to win a little cal hunt due to 50-60 dogs at local hunts you were also hunting 3 and some 4 hr casts and under non hunting judges back then that would send you to the truck if you did anything wrong !!! Back in the day it was impressive if you had just a grand nite ch much less win all those major hunts like bill did !!!!

HA! Wolfe's Tree Pickin' Bill. I haven't heard that name in a while. My dad bought Nt. Ch. Tree Pickin' Billy, a dog off of Bill, from Lynn Smith of South Carolina back in the early '80's. Billy was our main coondog back then.

Last edited by Grant Noeske on 07-27-2015 at 09:51 PM

Old Post 07-27-2015 09:44 PM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

This thread reminds me of another old thread (which includes a mention of Merchant's Bawlie, shadinc):

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=274133

http://www.twbfa.com/uploads/TWB_FA_Column_2011_09.pdf

Old Post 07-27-2015 09:52 PM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Re: fun topic but...

quote:
Originally posted by boozeboxer
This is very similar to mid day AM sports talk debates over the greatest baseball/basketball/football players of all time. It is a fun debate but impossible to objectively determine because competition hunt opportunities, registries, number of dogs, competition of dogs, rules, and other factors change through the years. Also what valuation one puts on different hunts and registiries is always subjective.
This is what we do when we're addicted to coon hunting and can't hunt 24/7.

Old Post 07-28-2015 12:25 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Winningest Hound

I'll go with Carolina Casey. 1968 ACHA World Ch., 1969 ACHA World Ch., 1971 ACHA World Ch.-5th, 1971 Grand American Ch. That's 100% of the World Hunts for two years running.

Why Casey instead of Merchants Bawlie (3X World Ch.)? Because the hunts Casey won were a lot bigger hunts (based on entries).

Honorable Mention to Swinney's Diamond Jim (1974 Grand American Ch., Little World Ch., World Ch.---The Triple Crown at that time---never done before or since. That's 100% of the majors for the year.

Times have changed. We don't have just one World Hunt anymore. We don't have just 3 majors anymore.

Old Post 07-28-2015 04:27 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sauk Talking
UKC Forum Member

I Like and agree with your choices, I've always been a big Diamond Jim and Crowding Bill fan, as with others mentioned here. The closest I know of in todays world is Wipeout Speck, I'm pretty sure he won 2 of the 3 World hunts and in the UKC World, Scott had to shoot out the coon for the others who went blind. Maybe if they had also seen the coon, Speck would have been another to go 100% in the World hunts and Scott would not have been bared from UKC for the next year.

Old Post 07-28-2015 04:44 AM
travelman01
UKC Forum Member

elmoe

no telling what he would have won if david had not got barred elmoe

Old Post 07-28-2015 05:09 PM
travelman01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for travelman01 Click here to Send travelman01 a Private Message Click Here to Email travelman01 Find more posts by travelman01 Add travelman01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sscace
UKC Forum Member

merchants bawlie

quote:
Originally posted by rthompson
i just wish somebody would have kept this blood goin.

and he did it in 3 hr hunts 100 strike and 100 tree and back then you had 60 to 80 dogs in a local hunt Remember someone had a sled dog team of his offspring that did some winning big powerful dogs

Old Post 08-06-2015 03:40 AM
sscace is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sscace Click here to Send sscace a Private Message Click Here to Email sscace Find more posts by sscace Add sscace to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
V.R. Eakins
UKC Forum Member

Speck

Never heard that about Speck and his handler or owner. But I like a person who believes in truth more than a title. Having said that to bad those in Washington aren't more like Speck' handler, instead they are more like the others in that cast, blind to the truth.

Old Post 08-06-2015 04:21 AM
V.R. Eakins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for V.R. Eakins Click here to Send V.R. Eakins a Private Message Find more posts by V.R. Eakins Add V.R. Eakins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Scott wasn't handling Speck at world hunt. Brian Hartrum was. However,the part about Scott shooting out coon to judge is correct,it just wasn't with Speck

Old Post 08-06-2015 02:28 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Re: merchants bawlie

quote:
Originally posted by sscace
and he did it in 3 hr hunts 100 strike and 100 tree and back then you had 60 to 80 dogs in a local hunt Remember someone had a sled dog team of his offspring that did some winning big powerful dogs
i got some of them sled dogs blood now, bad to the bone killing treeing machines deadly accurate .

Old Post 08-06-2015 06:28 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by mike fleming
Bad Habit and Tequlia Sunrise were bred exactly the same they were off Rat Attack there mothers were full sisters may have been littermates Stylish Harry females with some Tar Rattler mixed in.
i may b wrong on this but dont have my papers with me, bad habits mother delta silk threw tequila sunrises mother stylish silk when she was bred to harry. i have this bloodline in some young dogs with redeagle casey lll gonna b some bad habits to break 4 its over, their bad bad bad.

Old Post 08-06-2015 06:42 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by BooneMcCrary
Pac Man has to be mentioned....He won the Grand American, UCHA World Champion, UCHA Little World Champion, UKC World Champion, Indiana State Hunt Champion, and also was in the final four of the UKC world 3 years in a row. and Placed in the top 20 of like 10 different world hunts... thats pretty impressive

That is the HOUND I was thinking of as well..

Old Post 08-06-2015 06:53 PM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote