UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > The Outsider
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BooneMcCrary
UKC Forum Member

The Outsider

Hey guys, I was just curious to why there aren't more pups out of "The Outsider"????? I plan on breeding one of my females to him....He has won the PKC World Championship, PKC Walker Days, UKC Winter Classic...His daddy also won the PKC World Championship, His mother is half littermates to two UKC World Champions, Janice Joplin and Lettin Loose Layla...Whats the deal? Am I Missing something here?

GrNiteCh CLEAR TIMBER CLASSY SASSY

Last edited by BooneMcCrary on 07-21-2015 at 10:48 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-21-2015 10:42 PM
BooneMcCrary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BooneMcCrary Click here to Send BooneMcCrary a Private Message Click Here to Email BooneMcCrary Find more posts by BooneMcCrary Add BooneMcCrary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

The one thing he lacks that is really nessesary to be a successful commercial stud dog is a years worth of full page color ads in the mags.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 07-21-2015 11:43 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BooneMcCrary
UKC Forum Member

I'm embarrassed to say that I don't even get the bloodlines magazine anymore......I thought about subscribing again though.....Still I'm surprised that he doesn't have more on the ground, but thats a good point

Old Post 07-21-2015 11:54 PM
BooneMcCrary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BooneMcCrary Click here to Send BooneMcCrary a Private Message Click Here to Email BooneMcCrary Find more posts by BooneMcCrary Add BooneMcCrary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elvis
UKC Forum Member

Re: The Outsider

quote:
Originally posted by BooneMcCrary
Hey guys, I was just curious to why there aren't more pups out of "The Outsider"????? I plan on breeding one of my females to him....He has won the PKC World Championship, PKC Walker Days, UKC Winter Classic...His daddy also won the PKC World Championship, His mother is half littermates to two UKC World Champions, Janice Joplin and Lettin Loose Layla...Whats the deal? Am I Missing something here?
his mother is a full littermate sister to Janice Joplin.

Old Post 07-22-2015 01:35 AM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rthompson
UKC Forum Member

I would love an outsider pup outa the right female ive always been interested in him but he bounces around hands alot is what worries me. and im not gonna drive to n.c. to hunt with him so id just have to take somebodys word for him.

Old Post 07-22-2015 02:02 AM
rthompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rthompson Click here to Send rthompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rthompson Find more posts by rthompson Add rthompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

Side is in the best hands rite now that he could be in he will be promoted and advertised as well as being pushed and hunted in some bigger hunts !!! And I can assure you that you will be hard pressed to find better people than jake Jenkins and Ben moss who are sides new owners !!! They won't sugar coat it are blow smoke up your rear !! They are coo hunters first and foremost and competitors second !!! Most of sides life he stood next to bone and wasn't let's say there principal concern and rightfully so as bone has proven to reproduce his likeliness but that hurt side as much if not more than anything!!!but side is standing now wherehewillbenumberone concern and have heavy concentration of females brought to him!! I'm sure you will starthearinghis name alot more in the coming years !!!!!

Old Post 07-22-2015 02:56 AM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BooneMcCrary
UKC Forum Member

My bad Elvis, thats what I meant..........his mom was a half mate to lettin loose layla........I too wondered why he was sold so many times..........

Old Post 07-22-2015 04:05 AM
Ben Moss
UKC Forum Member

Side

Thanks for the comments and interest guys. Ads will be coming out shortly in the American cooner. We have semen stored at dean bites,we will also have him collected and semen stored at block sports hounds. Myself and jake are ordinary blue collared working coon hunters. Side will be here at our kennels until he draws his last breath. He don't walk on water and at the end of the day he is just a dog. But we like him and feel that he has a lot to offer the walker breed. Yes he is a world champion but first and foremost is a coondog. God bless and if me or jake can help you or answer any questions give us a call.

GRNITE PINE RIDGE SPREE (R.I.P.)

Old Post 07-22-2015 02:09 PM
Ben Moss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ben Moss Click here to Send Ben Moss a Private Message Click Here to Email Ben Moss Find more posts by Ben Moss Add Ben Moss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Matthew Bell
UKC Forum Member

Hes an outright coon treeing fool. Proof is in the pudding. I have a son out of him that I have to sell this week because I got a promotion in a different state. I love this dog dearly. Everyone I've talked to with dogs out of side love theirs.

The only negative thing I've heard on him is that hes stone silent. But, mine opens a good bit and the female I hunted out of side was wide open too. Like they say, he (outsider) might have gone silent with age. He would just rather come treed than open thru the woods all night. But I cant say, this is just what I've heard about him being silent. Was fighten side tight on track?

Old Post 07-22-2015 02:35 PM
Matthew Bell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew Bell Click here to Send Matthew Bell a Private Message Click Here to Email Matthew Bell Find more posts by Matthew Bell Add Matthew Bell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BooneMcCrary
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 07-22-2015 05:25 PM
Ben Moss
UKC Forum Member

side

Just bred one female and have another that will be bred Thursday. We hope to have a new ad in the cooner in September.

Old Post 08-02-2015 04:22 PM
Ben Moss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ben Moss Click here to Send Ben Moss a Private Message Click Here to Email Ben Moss Find more posts by Ben Moss Add Ben Moss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BooneMcCrary
UKC Forum Member

Do you guys plan on Advertising in the UKC Bloodlines? Was just curious. Thanks

Old Post 08-03-2015 03:15 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Matthew Bell

The only negative thing I've heard on him is that hes stone silent.?

Ben, how is he on track?

Old Post 08-03-2015 04:06 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ben Moss
UKC Forum Member

side

Side is not stone silent. Yes he will tree a lay up but he usually will be a second or third strike dog in honest company that I have seen. He's not a loosed tongue dog by no means but he does open on track. Usually drifts it. He's real good about having coons so far that I have seen

Old Post 08-03-2015 04:43 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Just like they should be, sounds good. Good luck with him, glad he's in NC.

Old Post 08-03-2015 04:48 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ben Moss
UKC Forum Member

side

Two nice females bred this week. One more lined up next week

Old Post 08-22-2015 11:52 PM
Ben Moss
UKC Forum Member

pups

We have pups almost ready off of nice females. $250 each. Side is still being pleasure hunted and looking good. He's real good about having coons

Old Post 11-01-2015 05:37 PM
Ben Moss
UKC Forum Member

Frozen semen available

Frozen semen available

Old Post 01-23-2016 12:10 AM
andycanada
UKC Forum Member

outsider

I find this very interesting due to the fact guys at PKC hunt were haven exact conversation a few nights back. I myself have always been a fan an had talked to Engle about breeden!! Scott Engle described him as tight on the ground,big hunt type, an accurate type as well loud!! I like all that!! My fear is I know he has been bred enough to know , but I'm not seeing any pop up,however I think he has a lot to offer ,an if he was closer I'd try it on for size I'm sure!!

Old Post 01-23-2016 02:46 AM
andycanada is offline Click Here to See the Profile for andycanada Click here to Send andycanada a Private Message Click Here to Email andycanada Find more posts by andycanada Add andycanada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Elvis Black
UKC Forum Member

Outsider

My buddyjust bought a female at Grand American Sam Jenkins female. We will know in the next 6 months if she will have the tools to do the job. She is good looking, she is loud for a 3 month old pup. She sounds like a grown dog in the kennel.

Old Post 01-23-2016 01:12 PM
Elvis Black is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Elvis Black Click here to Send Elvis Black a Private Message Click Here to Email Elvis Black Find more posts by Elvis Black Add Elvis Black to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ben Moss
UKC Forum Member

Question Side pups

We have bred probably 10 females in the last 6 months so I'm hoping to get some feedback in a few months. I have started a couple that I liked but ended up pricing them and selling them. When we purchased him his papers show 187 pups in pkc with pup earnings of $3,111. I agree that's not much pup earnings. Ukc shows 180 pups
SC5, GS2, NC2, GN1. Several pleasure hunters have called and informed me of how smart their young dogs are and how easy they started. Time will tell how he will reproduce in the long run. I'm sure he has produced some culls just like he has some nice pups but our goal is to get more pups on the ground out of nice females to see exactly how well he will do.

Old Post 01-23-2016 02:29 PM
Elvis Black
UKC Forum Member

Outsider

Congrats to Outsider and Ben for getting in the CHKC Super Bowl hunt in Union,SC last night. Won early and late, good luck winning it all. It's nice to see a World Champion coondog still being hunted and competeing.

Old Post 01-28-2016 02:58 PM
Elvis Black is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Elvis Black Click here to Send Elvis Black a Private Message Click Here to Email Elvis Black Find more posts by Elvis Black Add Elvis Black to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
allaboutthedogs
UKC Forum Member

Congrats

Congrats on getting him in bring it home!

Old Post 01-28-2016 03:41 PM
allaboutthedogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for allaboutthedogs Click here to Send allaboutthedogs a Private Message Click Here to Email allaboutthedogs Find more posts by allaboutthedogs Add allaboutthedogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ben Moss
UKC Forum Member

thank you

Thank you. Ol side still has a little fire in the furnace .

Old Post 01-28-2016 06:35 PM