UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > TT15 Lost Comm
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ugean
UKC Forum Member

TT15 Lost Comm

Looking for someone to point me in the right direction. My TT15 mini recently started getting a very weak comm signal to my Alpha. If I get more than 30 feet it drops communication altogether. I tried changing the antenna on the Alpha and just now put a new antenna on the TT15 and it is still not working. Everything works fine if I'm right next to the collar, but as soon as I step away I lose it. I've searched around but cannot find anything that addresses this. Does anyone have any advice on what to look for?

https://www.facebook.com/huntingtactical

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-22-2020 02:28 PM
ugean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ugean Click here to Send ugean a Private Message Click Here to Email ugean Visit ugean's homepage! Find more posts by ugean Add ugean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ugean
UKC Forum Member

Update

I've been screwing around with this, this morning to no avail. First, everything is updated and always has been. I opened the collar and the handheld and nothing looks broken or out of place so I did some testing. With both antennas on and an inch away I get full comm. If I step about 6 feet away I start to lose comm strength. If I take the antenna off of the Alpha I immediately lose about half the comm I had. Taking the antenna off of the collar makes no difference. Any ideas?

Old Post 12-22-2020 04:08 PM
ugean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ugean Click here to Send ugean a Private Message Click Here to Email ugean Visit ugean's homepage! Find more posts by ugean Add ugean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

1 of my hunting buddies had this problem. The thick black piece that comes out of the housing has a small wire running from inside the alpha to the black sattelite receiver or whatever its called inside the black piece. The constant flexing where it comes out of the housing had damaged the wire. If thats the case it has to be sent in for replacement. May not be what's wrong with yours. The wire is embedded inside the black piece.
Conkeys sells a big name plate that fits on the collar next to the housing and I think it helps reduce the flexing and breaking of the wire

Posted this in response to your 1st post. After posting I saw your 2nd post. If nothing broken I have no idea. Call conkeys hunting supply or maybe Bruce will respond on here

Sorry. I meant the black piece coming out of the collar housing not the alpha. The wire is embedded in it

Last edited by lblhunter on 12-22-2020 at 07:12 PM

Old Post 12-22-2020 04:11 PM
lblhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lblhunter Click here to Send lblhunter a Private Message Find more posts by lblhunter Add lblhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

dumb question.. did you try deleting and putting back in?
Another one .. have you tried a master reset?

Master Reset for T 5 Mini and TT 15 Mini Dog Tracking Collars
If the T 5 mini or TT 15 mini collar is failing to operate as expected, corrupt data may be the cause. Performing a master reset will reset the collar to factory settings and clear data, resolving issues caused by corrupt data.

To perform a master reset:

Ensure the device is powered on and flashing a green light
Rapidly Press the power button 8 times
Wait for light to turn solid red then begin flashing green again
Allow the collar a clear view of the sky for 20 minutes
After the master reset, the collar will need to be removed from the tracking handheld's dog list, and paired back in again.

Removing a Dog from the Dog List
Select Dog List
Select a dog
Select Remove

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Last edited by benderb4 on 12-22-2020 at 05:10 PM

Old Post 12-22-2020 05:05 PM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

I edited my post that I meant the black piece coming out of the collar with the antenna keeper attached to it instead of out of the alpha. The gps is connected to that wire

Old Post 12-22-2020 07:16 PM
lblhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lblhunter Click here to Send lblhunter a Private Message Find more posts by lblhunter Add lblhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ugean
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by lblhunter
Call conkeys hunting supply or maybe Bruce will respond on here
[/B]

Thanks I'll look them up. Do they do repairs?

Old Post 12-22-2020 08:33 PM
ugean
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by benderb4
dumb question.. did you try deleting and putting back in?
Another one .. have you tried a master reset?

Master Reset for T 5 Mini and TT 15 Mini Dog Tracking Collars
If the T 5 mini or TT 15 mini collar is failing to operate as expected, corrupt data may be the cause. Performing a master reset will reset the collar to factory settings and clear data, resolving issues caused by corrupt data.

To perform a master reset:

Ensure the device is powered on and flashing a green light
Rapidly Press the power button 8 times
Wait for light to turn solid red then begin flashing green again
Allow the collar a clear view of the sky for 20 minutes
After the master reset, the collar will need to be removed from the tracking handheld's dog list, and paired back in again.

Removing a Dog from the Dog List
Select Dog List
Select a dog
Select Remove

Thanks but yes I've done all of that. And the collar is on the new 3.4 update and the Alpha is running 7.8.

Old Post 12-22-2020 08:34 PM
benderb4
Banned

these TT collars must have issues. I see so many guys posting about this problem over the years
sounds like you done about every thing possible.
next is calling garmin.they may have something else to try
but I am betting it may need sent in to garmin now.

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 12-22-2020 11:16 PM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ugean
UKC Forum Member

Talked to Andrew at DoubleU hound supply. Great guy and very helpful. Sounds like it is a weak transmitter about to die. He was very helpful in trying to fix it. Offered me a credit towards a new collar if I send it in.

Old Post 12-22-2020 11:57 PM