UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Wont bark
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bk1977
UKC Forum Member

Wont bark

I have a pup that is striking, running, marking the tree, will stay an hour, she has the coon ( or possum) but won't bark. Tried cage, will bark at a dead coon. Any thoughts?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-08-2021 08:21 PM
bk1977 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bk1977 Click here to Send bk1977 a Private Message Click Here to Email bk1977 Find more posts by bk1977 Add bk1977 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

I had one like that. She wouldn't even bark at a dead one. I sold her to a guy he made her a Nitech within a month ( if you can believe that) he sold her to a guy in Texas and that guy is mad as H$LL right now. They either got it or they don't

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 01-08-2021 08:49 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

I can help give him a chance

I can help, I have fixed this problem many times before. Sometimes it's easy sometimes it hard, but it can be done in in most cases. Pm me your # and I'll give you a call with some pointers so you can give him a good chance and see if he's Gott it in him. It may take me a while but I'm going to make a free video for this problem called "Tell Me It's There" many Hounds will focus on the Kill too much instead of barking. most have just skipped a step is all. A lot of Hounds with this issue are extremely accurate but a little to smart for their own good.

Has she had many coon shot out to him without barking first? The more times he gets a coon without barking, the more he will Not bark. Do not shoot any down to her unless she barks until you talk to me, I'll explain when I call
!!wildwilly!!

Click link to see our Upcoming library Obedience Video !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TtkiewjtvM

Home of Dual GR.CH. !! Bad Boy Brussel !!

GR.CH.GR.NITE.CH.BRUSSEL SPROUTS ROAST
(((((((One of the smartest coon hounds on the Face of the EARTH))))))) 40 verbal comands 20 hand signals !! Amazing In the Woods!!!!
Pm for DVD Video !!

Wild Willy's Way to Complete Coon Hound Control training system / Specializing in Coonhound Control and Scent Training Scent Hounds !!! With Positive Reinforcement Methods !!! Click the link to watch WildWilly'sWay to 10 minute Loading training- Quick Tip
https://youtu.be/zUa7hT7Tbgg See a Sneak Peek of our beliefs on Off Game Breaking with this link- Off game Breaking https://youtu.be/tVouPD95P9s

Last edited by wildwilly0161 on 01-09-2021 at 12:29 AM

Old Post 01-09-2021 12:27 AM
wildwilly0161 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildwilly0161 Click here to Send wildwilly0161 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildwilly0161 Find more posts by wildwilly0161 Add wildwilly0161 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
River Birch Run
UKC Forum Member

I've fixed it by taking another dog that trees well. Then tie her back knock the coon out and let the other dog have it. Never let her have it. Load up and make another drop in new timber and if she trees give it to her. Thats all it ever took with the ones I had.

Old Post 01-09-2021 02:12 PM
River Birch Run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for River Birch Run Click here to Send River Birch Run a Private Message Find more posts by River Birch Run Add River Birch Run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote