UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > When a Plan Comes Together! Slow Talkin Hounds!
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

When a Plan Comes Together! Slow Talkin Hounds!

I like to study these dogs and try and figure out what makes them tick. Generally that means looking at the pedigrees and see if I can figure out where and when the good characters were entered. There is a line of dogs right now that have my eye but I haven't seen enough pedigrees on a couple of them to figure it out.
I am talking about the Slow Talking Dogs that Mike Carroll has in SC. I know there was Buzz Lynch then his Son Blaze. Now Duke shows up and I haven't seen his pedigree to figure out where if figures in.

So I have a couple questions. By the way, yes I have taken my own advice and done a lot of searching. I found Buzz Lynchs pedigree and Yadkin Tar would be proud of that one.
Can anyone point me in the direction of Blaze and Dukes pedigree.
Can anyone solve this for me. Is Blaze still alive. I have heard yes and no.

Would love to hear anyones thoughts on this line of dogs and if you also feel they have something going on. Why.
If you hate them then I would appreciate your comments by PM but I don't want this to be a negative post. Mike Carroll has worked to hard for that to happen and been too successful for any potshots from us.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-17-2017 04:10 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pup
UKC Forum Member

Bruce, I spoke with Mike a few weeks ago about breeding my female to Blaze. Unfortunately my female didn't cooperate and we were unable to make it happen. So unless something has happened in the last weeks Blaze is still going.

HOME OF:

CH 'PR' IOWA STYLE ABBY-NORMAL ( GRNITECH WESSEL'S WILD CARD x GRNITECH WINDY PINE'S SWEET HONEY )
GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' DRIFTER'S BLACK PEARL ( GRCH GRNITECH HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER x CH IOWA STYLE ABBY )

Old Post 04-17-2017 04:51 PM
Pup is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pup Click here to Send Pup a Private Message Click Here to Email Pup Find more posts by Pup Add Pup to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

It hasn't and I am glad to hear Blaze is still around. A credit to the walker breed. Lots of track dogs there with some tree power thrown in.

Old Post 04-17-2017 04:56 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pup
UKC Forum Member

Re: When a Plan Comes Together! Slow Talkin Hounds!

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
I know there was Buzz Lynch then his Son Blaze.

Bruce I believe That Buzz Lynch is a brother to blaze.

HOME OF:

CH 'PR' IOWA STYLE ABBY-NORMAL ( GRNITECH WESSEL'S WILD CARD x GRNITECH WINDY PINE'S SWEET HONEY )
GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' DRIFTER'S BLACK PEARL ( GRCH GRNITECH HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER x CH IOWA STYLE ABBY )

Old Post 04-17-2017 05:18 PM
Pup is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pup Click here to Send Pup a Private Message Click Here to Email Pup Find more posts by Pup Add Pup to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Now I am really confused. Is slow talking buzz and slow talking buzz lynch the same hound. If so, i the pedigree you sent me he is his Son. Then again if they are different dogs I now understand. lol I think I was assuming they were the same dog and thats where I got confused. Thanks.

--------------------------GR NT CH Rock River Sackett Jr
--------------------GR NT CH Rat Attack
--------------------------GR NT CH Night Heat Dixie
------------Gr NT CH Slow Talking Buzz
--------------------------King's Creek Ruger ???????
--------------------Gr Nt Ch Whitworths Brandy
--------------------------King's Creek Sugar ???????

------NT Ch Slow Talking Blaze

--------------------------Gr Nt CH Ole South's Stylish Rebel
--------------------Gr Nt Ch Buckhorn MTN Nighttime Savage
--------------------------Gr Nt CH Nocturnal Jodie
------------Timber Rocking Sassy
--------------------------
--------------------Ch Buckhorn Mtn Jane
--------------------------

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 04-17-2017 at 05:26 PM

Old Post 04-17-2017 05:23 PM
Pup
UKC Forum Member

They are different dogs.

Slow talking Buzz's Lynch is Blazes' brother.

If I am wrong I hope someone will correct me as I could have written some info down wrong. My chicken scratch can get hard to decypher sometimes...lol

HOME OF:

Old Post 04-17-2017 05:30 PM
Tjguy3409
UKC Forum Member

I've drew out several Slow Talking hounds in hunts around here, they all seem to have good level heads, mostly independent, but most importantly they seem to always have the coon. I've hunted blue dogs for the last few years but decided to get a walker pup for the fall, I ended up getting one off Wipeout 3 Sum but Slow Talking was definitely my other choice, I think Mike and the Slow Talking crew most definitely have it going on and I expect to hear a lot more about this line in the future.

Old Post 04-17-2017 06:00 PM
Tjguy3409 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tjguy3409 Click here to Send Tjguy3409 a Private Message Click Here to Email Tjguy3409 Find more posts by Tjguy3409 Add Tjguy3409 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pup
UKC Forum Member

Bruce, This is the pedigree that I have found for Duke......

--------------------GR NT CH Rat Attack
------------Gr NT CH Slow Talking Buzz
--------------------Gr Nt Ch Whitworths Brandy
------NT Ch Slow Talking Blaze
--------------------Gr Nt Ch Buckhorn MTN Nighttime Savage
------------Timber Rocking Sassy
--------------------Ch Buckhorn Mtn Jane

Slow Talking Duke

--------------------HOUSE'S HARDWOOD HUNTER
------------MR.CLEAN
--------------------TIM'S HIGH CLASS GAIL
------MR CLEAN'S HEART
--------------------MANIAC'S CHASE
------------CLYATTS PINCHGUTT DOWN DIXIE
--------------------SMART LIZZY II

HOME OF:

Old Post 04-17-2017 07:57 PM
jbk
UKC Forum Member

Buzz lynch and blaze are brothers. Both are out of slow talking Buzz.

Old Post 04-17-2017 08:31 PM
jbk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jbk Click here to Send jbk a Private Message Click Here to Email jbk Find more posts by jbk Add jbk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

James atwell says savage females will make any stud famous..Dont believe me ask him!!..Other than that Mr.Mike has been winning hunts with his dogs longer than these message boards have been around ..Slow talking dogs are pretty dominant in upstate sc and about anywhere else he has been traveling.

Old Post 04-17-2017 08:40 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jgarrett
UKC Forum Member

Can someone tell us a little about slow talking buzz's bottom side?

Old Post 04-18-2017 01:23 AM
Jgarrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jgarrett Click here to Send Jgarrett a Private Message Click Here to Email Jgarrett Find more posts by Jgarrett Add Jgarrett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

Is there semen on Buzz?

Old Post 04-18-2017 02:09 AM
Wes Coffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Coffman Click here to Send Wes Coffman a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Coffman Find more posts by Wes Coffman Add Wes Coffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jgarrett
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Wes Coffman
Is there semen on Buzz?

I saw earlier today that there is.

Old Post 04-18-2017 03:39 AM
Jgarrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jgarrett Click here to Send Jgarrett a Private Message Click Here to Email Jgarrett Find more posts by Jgarrett Add Jgarrett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Williams
UKC Forum Member

I have a daughter out of Buzz. Almost 9 years old. Everything considered, track, tree, handling, accurancy,etc. she is the best I've ever had. And maybe the best I've ever seen. Her mom was Coleman's Sally. Sally was a really good dog also. Bred my female to her nephew & got 7 pups 3 days old. I think there were 8 pups from Buzz & Sally. 5 of those made jam up dogs, 1 male died young, & the other 2 I'm not sure where they went. Brandy was out of Kings Creek Ruger & Kings Creek Sugar.

Old Post 04-18-2017 04:00 AM
Randy Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Williams Click here to Send Randy Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Williams Find more posts by Randy Williams Add Randy Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Mullins
UKC Forum Member

Ive got a 3 yr old female here direct off buzz and a clint gyp. Dead loner big mouth goes hunting good. If she had a fault she could be more accurate. Shes on pups right now

Old Post 04-18-2017 02:37 PM
Jason Mullins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Mullins Click here to Send Jason Mullins a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Mullins Find more posts by Jason Mullins Add Jason Mullins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jgarrett
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Brandy was out of Kings Creek Ruger & Kings Creek Sugar. [/B]

What does Kings creek Ruger and Kings Creek Sugar got back to?

Old Post 04-18-2017 04:10 PM
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

Anyone have some Buzz semen they want to get rid of or use?

Old Post 04-18-2017 04:19 PM
Wes Coffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Coffman Click here to Send Wes Coffman a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Coffman Find more posts by Wes Coffman Add Wes Coffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gene c driggers
New UKC Forum Member

I drew Ruger when I was a kid the only thing that impressed me more than his work was the way Mr. Mike treated me. A credit to our sport all the way around. I had the privilege of hearing a conversation between Mike and Buzz in Kentucky. They know a little something about breeding these dogs

Old Post 04-18-2017 08:15 PM
gene c driggers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gene c driggers Click here to Send gene c driggers a Private Message Click Here to Email gene c driggers Find more posts by gene c driggers Add gene c driggers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Gene good seeing you posting on the board. I know no matter where I may go around the country I usually see you at the hunt. I think you had your two Sons earlier this year when we last talked you in Ga.

Old Post 04-19-2017 04:21 PM
gene c driggers
New UKC Forum Member

Yes sir Mr.Bruce I believe you are right I don't even like going if my boys don't go. You won't see me posting on this thing much. Too much negativity for me. Heck you would think some of these guys don't even like to coon hunt lol

Old Post 04-20-2017 03:23 AM
gene c driggers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gene c driggers Click here to Send gene c driggers a Private Message Click Here to Email gene c driggers Find more posts by gene c driggers Add gene c driggers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jgarrett
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jgarrett
What does Kings creek Ruger and Kings Creek Sugar got back to?

Anybody know???

Old Post 04-22-2017 09:20 PM
Pup
UKC Forum Member

After a little more research this is what I found.......

................GRNITECH King's Creek Goob
............GRNITECH King's Creek Ruger
................NITECH Barnett's Janey
........GRNITECH Whitworth's Brandy
................Twin River's Snapper
............King's Creek Sugar
................Bullock's Creek Judy

HOME OF:

Old Post 04-22-2017 09:36 PM
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

Back up for any Buzz semen out there for sale?

Old Post 10-09-2019 08:34 PM
pinehillkennels
UKC Forum Member

The absolutely worst woodsheding I ever took was given to me by Ruger, that big white dog put on a Coon treeing exhibition that night.

Just a little inside info the Ruger + Brandy cross was a real cross ( Brandy was a Coon treer in her own right)

Old Post 10-09-2019 10:10 PM
pinehillkennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pinehillkennels Click here to Send pinehillkennels a Private Message Click Here to Email pinehillkennels Find more posts by pinehillkennels Add pinehillkennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

What does Goob go back to?

Old Post 10-09-2019 10:19 PM