UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Southern Bluetick Kennel
Pages (82): « First ... « 51 52 [53] 54 55 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Jack

Thanks for the comments. It will get better.

Hunt

I hunted Saturday night by myself. First drop I cut Cotton and Cy loose. They got deep and Cotton struck. Cy opened with her but they soon split up. Cotton got treed and I made my way to her. She was up a huge red oak and had a coon. Cy was opening here and there so I moved on down the road and cut Andy and Sadie. Andy got deep and opened on a bad track. Sadie soon was with him and opened a little. Andy got treed and I drove around to him. He was on a HUGE den tree and I couldn't see the coon. I heard Cy still opening so I cut Andy again. He struck and worked another track about 400 yds down a small creek. Andy soon loaded up and I made my way to him. He was on a small tree on the creek and it was slick. I let him know I disapproved and loaded him and Sadie in the box. I moved around and Cy was treed. I got to him and he was on a big tree but I just couldn't find his coon. Don't know if he had him or not. I called it a night and will hit it tonight.
Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!! Darren

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-17-2014 01:32 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Hunted last night. Drake and myself got a late start. We cut Andy, Cy and Cotton loose together. Andy struck followed by Cy and Cotton. They got deep and Andy treed backed by Cotton. We got to the tree and Cy was split treed. Cy was on a den and Cotton and Andy were on a huge red oak with a nest in it. We couldn't see either coon. We cut them off that tree and Cotton struck followed by Andy and Cy. They worked a bad track for a long ways and I heard Cotton load up treed. Andy and Cy backed her. They lit up the woods but when we got there , they were on a persimmon tree and nobody was home. I gave them a little attitude adjustment and we called it a night. I will be glad when all the extra activities wind down and I can get back in my hunting routine. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 11-20-2014 01:33 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Darren what is the price on Cy? I like his split treeing and independence.

RIP
GrNitech Overton's Breathless Blue Chief Full brother to Nite ch Snowdens Runt
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blu Knight. King of Hunt Fall Round Up 2006 loudest dog I have ever owned.
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blue Roler hit died at 2years old at semi finals of World hunt
Gr Nite ch Utchmans Double Eagle Hoss
Dual Grand Utchmans So Blue Timber top 100 Finalist in 2005 World hunt 2012 performance sire
Gr Ch Nite CH Overton's Breathless Blue Warrior 4wins died at 6 yrs old. Sire to Knight
NiteCh Overton's Breathless Blue Dixie LOUD!
NiteCH Lienbachs Breathless Blue Jammer
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Drum 3 wins to Grand. before 2 yrs old Running ant treeing wild coons at 5 months alone.
Gr Ch Nitech Rob's Blue Tomahawk
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Dolly super fast track and tree dog. accurate.
Grch Nitech Overton's Utchmans Blue Belle
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Sabrina 2nd place Nite ch at Fall Round Up 2009
Nite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Sounder
GRNite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blu Magic 13 years old brother to Roler
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Gobber. Running and treeing wild coons at 5 months

Nite Ch O Breathless Blue Tree Dragon
Treeing his own wild coon at 6 months old.

Dogs living
Overton"s Breathless blue Julia. Bill Bird owner
Dual Champion Uchtman So Blue Lumber 6yrs
Owned by Cody Stader in Indiana
Dual Grand Overton's Breathless Blue Maggie
Present Owned by Luke Wood in Okalhoma

Dall Haden and Bobby Hayes have been a big part of my breeding of my hounds also Bill Bird for help keeping it going.

*All my dogs are old Ucthman Hawk and Scout breeding with some Smokey River Chief and Diamond Jim.
573-228-3169
Kandy off Bojangles and Grand Nite ch PKC CH Redstick Ann. Super fast track dog good tree dog loud. co owner with Earl Howell Queen of Hunt at Fall Round Up 2019 at 2 years old.

Overton"s Breathless Blue Lincoln
Overton"s Breathless Blue Ava.

Old Post 11-20-2014 03:39 PM
ELMO OVERTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ELMO OVERTON Click here to Send ELMO OVERTON a Private Message Click Here to Email ELMO OVERTON Find more posts by ELMO OVERTON Add ELMO OVERTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Cy

I better hold on to him a few more weeks!!
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 11-21-2014 01:59 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Darren I knew you would say that ! I think he is going to do good things for you.
I think I have a keeper in Dragon. Time will tell

RIP
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blu Knight. King of Hunt Fall Round Up 2006 loudest dog I have ever owned.
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blue Roler hit died at 2years old at semi finals of World hunt
Dual Grand Utchmans So Blue Timber top 100 Finalist in 2005 World hunt 2012 performance sire
Gr Ch Nite CH Overton's Breathless Blue Warrior 4wins died at 6 yrs old. Sire to Knight
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Drum 3 wins to Grand. before 2 yrs old Running ant treeing wild coons at 5 months alone.
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Sabrina 2nd place Nite ch at Fall Round Up 2009

Dogs living

Dall Haden and Bobby Hayes have been a big part of my breeding of my hounds also Bill Bird for help keeping it going.

*All my dogs are old Ucthman Hawk and Scout breeding with some Smokey River Chief and Diamond Jim.
573-228-3169
Kandy off Bojangles and Grand Nite ch PKC CH Redstick Ann. Super fast track dog good tree dog loud. co owner with Earl Howell Queen of Hunt at Fall Round Up 2019 at 2 years old.

Old Post 11-21-2014 02:05 PM
ELMO OVERTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ELMO OVERTON Click here to Send ELMO OVERTON a Private Message Click Here to Email ELMO OVERTON Find more posts by ELMO OVERTON Add ELMO OVERTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trbt
UKC Forum Member

ANDY

DARREN HAS ANDY GOT ANY PUPS ON THE GROUND I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A DUAL GRAND FEMALE OUT OF GR.NT. WILD & BLUE POUNDER AND DUAL GRAND WILD & BLUE MINDY III THINKING OF BREEDING HER TO JOBE OR MABEY TO ANDY

Dual Gr Tennessee river primetime
Grand Ch NtCh Naughty Nora
Dual Ch Tennessee Tina
Dual Grand Penny

Last edited by trbt on 12-03-2014 at 09:43 PM

Old Post 11-27-2014 03:00 AM
trbt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trbt Click here to Send trbt a Private Message Find more posts by trbt Add trbt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Andy

Andy doesn't have any pups on the ground yet. I wanted to at least dual ch him before I bred him. I plan on getting a few litters now. Just hollar at me. Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 11-27-2014 03:59 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

I haven't been getting to hunt much. Ain't even had time to get on here and post. I hunted Cotton in a slam event last Friday night. Won my cast but had 400 circle. Couldn't get my coins to look. Won't be long and won't have that problem. Hopefully things are slowing down at work and I will be wound up. Yall keep'em Lookin up!!
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-02-2014 08:09 PM
Gary Napier II
UKC Forum Member

Hello Darren,
I really like what I have been reading on here about Cy. It sounds as though he still makes a few mistakes but is also doing some impressive things as well. He and Andy are good looking hounds. Is Cotton OK and ready to hunt now?

Old Post 12-02-2014 09:10 PM
Gary Napier II is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Napier II Click here to Send Gary Napier II a Private Message Find more posts by Gary Napier II Add Gary Napier II to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redbone5
UKC Forum Member

I have a half brother to cy,same dad( Jobe). Dam is a different sister than Andy or Cy's dam. Might be the best acting pup I've ever had. 6 mos. Old, wouldn't surprise me if he treed a coon tonight.Gritty, intelligent, full of sense!!

Old Post 12-03-2014 04:43 PM
redbone5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redbone5 Click here to Send redbone5 a Private Message Find more posts by redbone5 Add redbone5 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Took Cotton, Cy and Andy last night. Cut all 3 together and Andy struck, followed by Cy. Cotton soon opened deeper. They ran a good track and Cy soon loaded up followed by Andy. We got there and they were treed up a huge grove of hedge trees with those purple berries everywhere. Hull were all over the ground and coons had definitely been feeding there. We looked as best as we could but didn't see a coon. It was like looking a jungle. I cut Andy and Cy on to Cotton but they went the other way. Cotton soon treed up a huge cypress tree and I couldn't find him either. I loaded Cotton in the truck as Andy and Cy had got DEEP. I finally moved around and got out of the truck to hear them treed. They were in a nasty swamp and I got wet trying to get to them. I finally got close enough to see they were on another set of those evergreen hedges. I called them across the beaver pond to me and called it a night. Gone get wound back up and tune these ole potlickers up again.

Gary Napier II- Cotton is doing good and I appreciate the kind words.
Keith I also have a littermate to the pup you have and he is out of Jobe and Sue. Sue is also a sister to Magic and Angel.

Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

Darren

PS I will be headed to the SEC championship game Saturday in Atlanta......ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-04-2014 08:54 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

I hunted alone last night. Hopefully we are about to get caught up at work and I can get back on track. I cut Cy alone last night on one side of a large hardwood hollar and let him get gone. I cut Cotton on the other side of the road in another section of hardwoods. Cy soon opened at about 670 yds and started a track. Cotton soon opened on the other side and fell treed about 200 yds deep. I made my way to her and she was on a huge cedar tree. I couldn't get him to look and I cut her on down the hollar off that tree. I had Andy and I moved on down the road and cut him alone. He soon struck a track and started working it up a small creek. I heard Cotton load up again back up the road so I headed that way. She was treed on a large oak and had her coon. I rolled him out and loaded her up. Andy was treed when I got back down the road and was on a large den tree. I loaded him up and moved around to Cy. Cy was treed and was on a den as well. Didn't get after much of a track but I saw 2 coons crossing the road earlier at about 3:30. Coons moved early here I guess. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Last edited by Darren Hollis on 12-10-2014 at 02:55 PM

Old Post 12-10-2014 01:27 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Went by myself last night. First drop I cut Andy alone. He went about 300 yds and struck. He worked a cold track for about 300 more yds and treed. I made my way to him and he was on a red oak. I looked but didn't find his coon. I gave him an adjustment and cut him off that tree. He went about 200 yds and fell treed on a den.
I moved around to a different spot and cut Cotton alone. She went 350 yds and fell treed. She had a coon and I rolled him out to her. I walked her about 50 yds and recut her. She left and I didn't hear her for a long time. Pulled out my Garmin and she was 900 yds in the hills. I moved around and got within 200 yds of her and she was working a cold track. She got it up and going pretty good and soon went out of hearing on me. I got in the truck and drove around about a mile from where I was parked. I got out of the truck and she was treed in some rough stuff along a deep ditch of water. I found her coon and rewarded her for her hard work. Cotton has sure made me a steady, accurate little coon tree'er. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-12-2014 01:38 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Good job! Cotton and Cy could be a really good cross. Very independent

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 12-12-2014 01:48 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

COTTON

Nice picture! Cotton is a good looking hound and sounds like she is doing a great job for you. Glad to see your getting to hit the woods again. Will you be at the Winter Classic? If so I will see you up there. We need to get together one of these days and make a few hunts. Your welcome to come this way anytime. Take Care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 12-12-2014 02:27 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Elmo I will be breeding her when she comes in heat again. Haven't decided what to yet. Hope she reproduces herself.

Steve thanks for the kind words. Cotton is a nice female.
I plan on being at the winter classic so I will see you there!
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-12-2014 06:57 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

I hunted Thursday night. I cut Andy one way and cut Cotton the other way. Andy got treed first and I made my way to him. He was on a huge cedar tree. I have treed up this same tree 3 times lately but can't find a coon. I sent Andy on down the holler and heard Cotton treed deep. I drove around and Cotton was on a large den. I loaded her up and Andy had treed again. Got to him and he was slick. I I gave him a good adjustment and recut him. He got deep and treed again with the meat. I haven't gotten to hunt with Christmas parties and my grandpa has been sick. He passed away Friday evening and his viewing and funeral were Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully things can get back to normal and I can get back in the woods. Y'all keep'em lookin' up!!!
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-22-2014 03:16 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

GRANDPA

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. My thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Take Care.

Old Post 12-22-2014 09:39 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Steve

thanks man and hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas as well!!
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-22-2014 12:29 PM
Jerry Sullivan
UKC Forum Member

Sorry to hear about your Granpa.The memories will last a life time.My Pa died in 1965 and I still think of things he said and done,always with a smile.We need to go hunting sometime.Jerry

Old Post 12-22-2014 12:34 PM
Jerry Sullivan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jerry Sullivan Click here to Send Jerry Sullivan a Private Message Click Here to Email Jerry Sullivan Find more posts by Jerry Sullivan Add Jerry Sullivan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueblade13
UKC Forum Member

sorry

sorry to hear of your grandfather passing,our thoughts and prayers are with you.from our family to yours have joyous holiday season.

Old Post 12-22-2014 01:24 PM
blueblade13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueblade13 Click here to Send blueblade13 a Private Message Click Here to Email blueblade13 Find more posts by blueblade13 Add blueblade13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redbone5
UKC Forum Member

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa, I've been there, its no fun. Hope you and your family can somehow still have a good Christmas, be praying for ya!!

Old Post 12-22-2014 10:27 PM
redbone5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redbone5 Click here to Send redbone5 a Private Message Find more posts by redbone5 Add redbone5 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsblues
UKC Forum Member

Sorry to hear about ur grandpa!! Lost mine 2 yrs. ago 2 days before Christmas I'm sure he is in a better place now buddy. Hope u & the family still have a great Christmas !!

Old Post 12-23-2014 03:07 PM
jsblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jsblues Click here to Send jsblues a Private Message Click Here to Email jsblues Find more posts by jsblues Add jsblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys

We plan on a Merry Christmas. We are selfish and want our loved ones to stay but Paw Buck is in a better place. Merry Christmas to all!!!
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-23-2014 03:12 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

I hunted for a little while last night for a little while in the rain. Cotton never seems to amaze me at times. It started raining pretty good about the time I cut loose. Her and Cy stayed gone awhile and I moved around to get closer. They ended up getting split up and I was using the garmin to try to stay close. Cotton ended up a long ways from where I cut her across a gravel road treed with the meat. I rolled it out to her and gathered up Cy. We were soaked to the bone and called it a night. Yall keep'em Lookin up. Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-28-2014 08:45 PM