UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Zone Numbers
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
100%hunter
UKC Forum Member

mr richards / Mr tar

correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think a hound will know the difference in the rules this year and next year if they strike a honest track and tree a real coon they will win their share kind of sounds like the handler may be the one needing to learn a new way to use the new rules to win instead of letting the hounds settle it ?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-13-2019 12:17 AM
100%hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 100%hunter Click here to Send 100%hunter a Private Message Find more posts by 100%hunter Add 100%hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

100 hunter

Hopefully, we are getting closer to a set of rules that do just that, let the best dog win. For example elimination some of the ridicous rules that got a dog scratched, squalling, leaving a mark off the score card, crazy stuff that had nothing to do with the best dog winning, often scratching the best dog. Do not listen to the negative post about the sky falling, just learn the rules and go have some fun. If you hunt a decent coondog, you will win your share of hunts, regardless of what rules are in place. Dave

Old Post 09-13-2019 12:30 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I was sentimental about a dog once. Until I got beat 9 times in a row and went and got me a winner ! I guess In the south we have hunted under so many sets of rules for so long change don’t scare me. Before a hunt I just get the rules out and read them but if you ain’t got some heavy dog power all the rules won’t help you a bit at the big show.

Tar

Old Post 09-13-2019 12:30 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

That's the way it should be, the bigger the hunt the better the dogs should be. You should win on the local level with a decent dog and if you win on the big hunt level, it should take a good dog. No surprise about that. Same in sports, the higher up you go the better the players are, but plenty of players have fun playing on the local level. I encourage all young hunters to come out and hunt at the local clubs, they may not win every time, but they can have fun and learn at the same time. Just as we did, they will learn the rules and their dogs will get better, they will see to that. Dave

Old Post 09-13-2019 01:04 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
100%hunter
UKC Forum Member

mr richards/ tar

finally words of encouragement i'm all in now can't wait for the first of the year i'm going to hit the local hunts make new friends and make a run for the money i'll be telling all my friends to join in thanks guys you are the reason this sport is still here !!!!!!! PS. some of these redbone guys could learn alot from you two LOL

Last edited by 100%hunter on 09-13-2019 at 01:57 AM

Old Post 09-13-2019 01:52 AM
100%hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 100%hunter Click here to Send 100%hunter a Private Message Find more posts by 100%hunter Add 100%hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote