UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > GRNT CH WIZARD OF OZ at Stud!!!
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jason Thompson
UKC Forum Member

We have a nice female at the house breeding right now:

This should be an interesting cross!

----------GRNT LEVIS NORTHERN BLUE BINGO
-------GRNT BINGOS NORTHERN BLUE DANCER
---------- NTCH OSWALTS MIGHTY BLUE MAE BELLE
---GRNT NASHOBO VALLEY PIAZON
----------GRNT COZ SPARE TIME SPANKY
-------PR SHEPPARD'S NORTHERN BLUE BROOK
---------- PR SHEPPARD'S NORTHERN BLUE BETSY 3

GRNT OZ

----------NTCH QUINNS BLUE THUNDER
-------GRNT TUCKERS BLUE BOOMER
----------PR BLUE GRETCHEN
---NTCH BLUE CREEN ALICE
----------GRNT B & D BLUE SPIKE
-------GRNT B & D BLUE RUBY
----------GRNT TWILITE BLUE POISION IVY

---------------------------------------------------------------------

----------GRNT DOUBLE SPRINGS ECHO
-------GRNT RAZOR RIDGE POP A TOP
----------PR CANEY CREEK BLUE AMY
---GRCH RAZOR RIDGE POP A TOP AGAIN
----------GRNT DOUBLE SPRINGS ECHO
-------PR HAMLINS BLUE BONNIE
----------PR PINE SPRINGS FANNIE 2

(FEMALE) -NTCH CH ROCKIN W POP LOCK N DROP IT

----------GRNT DAVISONS BLACKFORK DAN
-------NTCH BLACKFORK HIGHWIND
----------NT CH POWERS GINGER
---GRNTCH TREE THUMPIN AMAZIN GRACE
----------NTCH DARBYS TREE THIMPIN LEAD
-------CH ROBERST BLUE CINDY
----------GRNT MONTGOMERYS BLUE BONNIE

931-979-8635

NTCH Limbhanging Blue Punch (GRNITE WIZARD OF OZ x NTCH BARKER CREEK POLLY)
NTCH Limbhanging Blue Hanna ( GRNITE Gauge x GRNITE DicZ)

Coon dogs of the past:

GRNITE CH PKC CH WIZARD OF OZ (GRNITE Piazon x NTCH Alice)
GRCH GRNITE CH TREEBANGING HOSS (Dual Grand Rambo 2 x GRNITE White River Sugar)
CH NTCH WHITAKER'S BLUE LEXUS

Last edited by Jason Thompson on 04-15-2019 at 04:26 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-15-2019 04:15 PM
Jason Thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Thompson Click here to Send Jason Thompson a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Thompson Add Jason Thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Thompson
UKC Forum Member

My brother

and son decided to take Oz to a local PKC hunt Friday night. He had not been hunted in about a month. They came home with a little money in the wallet! I think this puts him at $3400. We might just need to go for $4k now.
Jason

931-979-8635

Coon dogs of the past:

Old Post 04-30-2019 03:35 PM
Jason Thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Thompson Click here to Send Jason Thompson a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Thompson Add Jason Thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Thompson
UKC Forum Member

btt

931-979-8635

Coon dogs of the past:

Old Post 06-11-2019 06:33 PM
Jason Thompson
UKC Forum Member

back

to top

931-979-8635

Coon dogs of the past:

Old Post 08-06-2019 07:40 PM
Jason Thompson
UKC Forum Member

Oz,

We don't push hard to get Oz promoted but I hate to see a dog that has done the winning he has, and has the breeding he has to not get used. if anyone is interested in breeding to him before he gets old let us know. I would like to see a few more pups out of him.
Jason

931-979-8635

Coon dogs of the past:

Old Post 08-13-2019 03:31 PM
Jason Thompson
UKC Forum Member

scratching my head??

I still cant figure this stud dog thing out. We keep an ad on here but by no means blow up or heavily promote Oz. He is my dog and breeding him to make money has not been the goal. With that said, we paid in my mind a good deal of money for him. He was not free to me. I get calls on almost a weekly basis about breeding to him. We were asking $300 which i think is very fair for a Grnite and 2x htx male that also has won $3500 in the other registery. He has done his part of winning. i have even offered to breed him for a pup or $200 to some of the females that have called. They have pretty much snubbed me and said no pup deal and i should do it for nearly nothing or free just because its a good female. This has happened on more than one occasion lately. I guess thats just how it is.

931-979-8635

Coon dogs of the past:

Old Post 09-03-2019 05:44 PM
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Jason, maybe share a little about Oz?

What are some of his strengths/things you really like?

What are some of his weaknesses/things you would change if you could?

Maybe the breeding on some of the nice young dogs out of him/crosses that clicked?

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 09-04-2019 02:32 AM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Thompson
UKC Forum Member

Vic

I talked with my brother about your questions. He hunts him a lot more than i do. We went back and forth and this is what we agree on. Oz is a good hunter. You can expect him to do something every time you cut him loose. 1st drop or 5th drop. it does not seem to make a difference. He can absolutely burn up a track, very fast. He is as stylish of a tree dog as you will find. Good solid up on the wood type. He has a good mouth that carries well. The one thing we both agree on about a fault is he is not as accurate as we like. We both say 60% type dog. That being said we are in very rough country with very few coons. With the best dog you want to bring you should never expect to tree more than 1 or 2 a night around here and the 2 comes in if you want to make it a most of the nighter. Also with that being said we have not had hardly any trees he has made on a hunt that we havent seen a coon in. I think it was at Winter Classics that he had a circle tree and all the cast did see the coon after shine time ended and he treed another one after the hunt was over that they saw. as far as pups he has never been used hardly any. I know Johnny Yoder at Barker Creek bred to him and from what i see that was a knock it out of the park litter. Several of those dogs are winning. We have raised one litter here and i have kept up with a few of them and i know they are starting good. they are still under a year though.
Thats about everything i can tell you about him.
Jason

931-979-8635

Coon dogs of the past:

Old Post 09-04-2019 04:23 PM
Surveyor
UKC Forum Member

Re: scratching my head??

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Thompson
I still cant figure this stud dog thing out. We keep an ad on here but by no means blow up or heavily promote Oz. He is my dog and breeding him to make money has not been the goal. With that said, we paid in my mind a good deal of money for him. He was not free to me. I get calls on almost a weekly basis about breeding to him. We were asking $300 which i think is very fair for a Grnite and 2x htx male that also has won $3500 in the other registery. He has done his part of winning. i have even offered to breed him for a pup or $200 to some of the females that have called. They have pretty much snubbed me and said no pup deal and i should do it for nearly nothing or free just because its a good female. This has happened on more than one occasion lately. I guess thats just how it is.

Jason, man can I relate to what you wrote. When I had Piazon, I tried to charge $200, I did go to $250 on a couple frozen breedings. At first I did a lot of pup (1 pup) deals, but quickly ended up with a hillside full of pups I didn't have time for and we are terrible about getting attached to pups and thus keeping them wheather we ever did anything with them or not. Finally I got to telling people I just didn't have room for anymore pups and just wanted $200 and oh my gosh, it's like I slapped them in the face, guys seem to be like everything you have is worth nothing while everything they have is worth a fortune. I only ever had a handful ever pay the $200. I told some they didn't have to pay till they sold a couple pups, then one of them brought me a cheap rifle, 1 never gave me anything at all. Also once traded a pup for a goat that I never got while guy went and sold the pup. Then there was another guy that acted insulted I asked him $200, didn't breed to him and kept snickering every time I saw him about getting Piazon in his kennel in "a round about way" when someone gave him a female out of him for free that he later bred and sold pups from. Same guy had the nerve to hit me on messenger and criticise me for daring to try to charge him and calling me a liar about what I asked till I finally told him off and cut all ties to him. So I so understand what you mean and so understand why the breed continues to suck hind tit. I've concluded promoting a Bluetick isn't about putting out a quality product that you can take to town and compete with the best with, it's about how much BS you can spread, gotta learn to talk like Timothy Ball, post a video of your dog every time it trees, get a couple buddies to be very vocal and post everywhere "he's got a good un there". Everything BS wise that people like you and me just aren't going to do! As for me, I'm not much of a people person any way, don't really want the hassle of advertising a stud dog or pups and will just breed what I like and can be proud of for my own use until I can't walk well enough to hunt anymore which is probably just around the corner unfortunatly.

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Old Post 09-04-2019 10:23 PM
Surveyor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Surveyor Click here to Send Surveyor a Private Message Click Here to Email Surveyor Find more posts by Surveyor Add Surveyor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tibor
UKC Forum Member

Johnny Yoder and I breed SCH Barker Creeks Polly to Oz. Wes Gilroy’s El Chapo is off this litter. He’s been turning heads most recent was final 4 at the Ukc 4-wheeler hunt in Wisconsin. We don’t hunt Ukc much. From what I know Oz is independent and accurate. The pups that I know of off this litter have good mouths. I would definitely breed to Oz again.

Good luck guys!

Old Post 09-05-2019 03:39 AM
Tibor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tibor Click here to Send Tibor a Private Message Find more posts by Tibor Add Tibor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Jason, thank you for your honesty and taking the time to answer.

I tip my hat to anyone who advertises a hound at stud and has the patience to deal with the general public. A thankless endeavor to say the least

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 09-05-2019 08:23 AM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Danny Glista
UKC Forum Member

Jason

Just don't let things get u down! If I remember right! Piazon could not cover alice and I made the trip to make that cross happen on my own behalf! Left my shop and drove down to mike's place. Mike helped me AI two times and got pups! Oz was one of them! Sometimes one has go out of their way to make it happen. Mike was nice enough to offer Piazon to breed Alice to. When a plan goes wrong and one has to adjust. I believe it was the weekend of the Indiana state hunt. It made a real good cross. Offering a stud to the public is never easy. Good luck,Danny

Last edited by Danny Glista on 09-06-2019 at 10:40 AM

Old Post 09-05-2019 08:04 PM
Danny Glista is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Danny Glista Click here to Send Danny Glista a Private Message Click Here to Email Danny Glista Find more posts by Danny Glista Add Danny Glista to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

OZ

Yes, sir, he is a tree dog deluxe. Hunted with/against him when Doug Peterson owned him in Iowa & pleasure hunting a couple times. He had Limes, I believe, so Doug moved onto another dog.

EL CHAPPO is the real deal, as Tibor stated. Get struck, independent, & pressure tree dog that is not worried about where any other dog is. Got beat by him a week ago last Monday night, in fact, when he slid of left hand & treed a coon on me, Jeff Nelson & Aaron Crane. Can guarantee, none of us 3 were hunting 'ordinary' coon dogs either!!! Bred to reproduce. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 09-05-2019 10:40 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Thompson
UKC Forum Member

Vic

You are welcome. Never saw a need to sugar coat.

931-979-8635

Coon dogs of the past:

Old Post 09-06-2019 04:12 AM
Jason Thompson
UKC Forum Member

Mike,

I hear you. I figure it is just better to keep them here and enjoy for myself. If someone comes along that really wants to use what you got then there it is. I got my real taste of the stud dog world back when we had the Hoss dog. That was a ride. I remember selling everything at one time and getting completely out except for a tank of semen. It can drive you crazy. And here we are again with oz, 2 females and a litter of puppies from that semen!
Jason

931-979-8635

Coon dogs of the past:

Old Post 09-06-2019 04:16 AM
Jason Thompson
UKC Forum Member

Tibor and Ron

Thanks for the words and update on Oz pups! I like what I'm hearing out of the ones we raised last fall!

931-979-8635

Coon dogs of the past:

Old Post 09-06-2019 04:18 AM
Jason Thompson
UKC Forum Member

Danny,

I appreciate your effort in making him! Definitely not down. We like him. We have something up our sleeve. Hes in with a full sister to his momma alice as we speak. Still to early to say but hopefully some in the oven!

931-979-8635

Coon dogs of the past:

Old Post 09-06-2019 04:21 AM
K Tate
UKC Forum Member

Oz

Well I have a little 11 month old female that treed her first coon in the wild last week that’s off of OZ and she’s hardly been messed with and I love her!
And let me say this sometimes it isn’t about the dog that you’re buying a pup off of, sometimes the people that own the dog is what makes the difference. I met Jason and his son when we drove to Tennessee to pick her up and I enjoyed myself so much and learned more about goats than I ever thought I needed to know. Now I call Jason and we end up talking more about his kids and them playing ball and breaking bones on the monkey bars than we do about dogs. Jason’s a first class gentleman and I’m proud to call him a friend which goes much further than any dog!

Old Post 09-06-2019 07:09 PM
K Tate is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K Tate Click here to Send K Tate a Private Message Find more posts by K Tate Add K Tate to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K Tate
UKC Forum Member

Oz

Well I have a little 11 month old female that treed her first coon in the wild last week that’s off of OZ and she’s hardly been messed with and I love her!
And let me say this sometimes it isn’t about the dog that you’re buying a pup off of, sometimes the people that own the dog is what makes the difference. I met Jason and his son when we drove to Tennessee to pick her up and I enjoyed myself so much and learned more about goats than I ever thought I needed to know. Now I call Jason and we end up talking more about his kids and them playing ball and breaking bones on the monkey bars than we do about dogs. Jason’s a first class gentleman and I’m proud to call him a friend which goes much further than any dog!

Old Post 09-06-2019 07:09 PM
K Tate is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K Tate Click here to Send K Tate a Private Message Find more posts by K Tate Add K Tate to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Thompson
UKC Forum Member

Yes sir.

Keith I consider you a friend. And yes its football time. Week 3 and our boys are 3-0! Stick around and I'll have you an expert on this scientific breeding stuff. Ha ha! I do think everyone here is getting in the coon hunting mood too. I also think the old boomer female took.

931-979-8635

Coon dogs of the past:

Old Post 09-09-2019 04:00 AM
Jason Thompson
UKC Forum Member

Merry Christmas!!!

From our family!!!

931-979-8635

Coon dogs of the past:

Old Post 12-25-2019 03:10 AM