UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > At Stud Nite Ch O' Breathless Blue Tree Dragon
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Dragon looking good and getting plenty coon on his head

Chris is putting him in the woods early and late and he is getting it done. He is treeing layup running coons cold track coons and looking good.
I'm very pleased as to what Chris is doing for me. I hope he gets a chance in the stud pen and see what he can do early while he is young. If no oh well I will continue to hunt and breed what I have.
Charlie Wyatt has been a blessing for me to be able to keep my dogs at his home in the country. Without him I would probably have to sell out.
My two Rattler pups Snake and Bobbie are getting big they are not even 4 months old yet. I will show them a coon soon. No rush no worries with them I'll let them grow up an learn the simple stuff like leading chain breaking loading riding so I can get all that stuff out of the way before Spring.

[/url]

RIP
GrNitech Overton's Breathless Blue Chief Full brother to Nite ch Snowdens Runt
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blu Knight. King of Hunt Fall Round Up 2006 loudest dog I have ever owned.
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blue Roler hit died at 2years old at semi finals of World hunt
Gr Nite ch Utchmans Double Eagle Hoss
Dual Grand Utchmans So Blue Timber top 100 Finalist in 2005 World hunt 2012 performance sire
Gr Ch Nite CH Overton's Breathless Blue Warrior 4wins died at 6 yrs old. Sire to Knight
NiteCh Overton's Breathless Blue Dixie LOUD!
NiteCH Lienbachs Breathless Blue Jammer
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Drum 3 wins to Grand. before 2 yrs old Running ant treeing wild coons at 5 months alone.
Gr Ch Nitech Rob's Blue Tomahawk
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Dolly super fast track and tree dog. accurate.
Grch Nitech Overton's Utchmans Blue Belle
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Sabrina 2nd place Nite ch at Fall Round Up 2009
Nite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Sounder
GRNite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blu Magic 13 years old brother to Roler
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Gobber. Running and treeing wild coons at 5 months

Nite Ch O Breathless Blue Tree Dragon
Treeing his own wild coon at 6 months old.

Dogs living
Overton"s Breathless blue Julia. Bill Bird owner
Dual Champion Uchtman So Blue Lumber 6yrs
Owned by Cody Stader in Indiana
Dual Grand Overton's Breathless Blue Maggie
Present Owned by Luke Wood in Okalhoma

Dall Haden and Bobby Hayes have been a big part of my breeding of my hounds also Bill Bird for help keeping it going.

*All my dogs are old Ucthman Hawk and Scout breeding with some Smokey River Chief and Diamond Jim.
573-228-3169
Kandy off Bojangles and Grand Nite ch PKC CH Redstick Ann. Super fast track dog good tree dog loud. co owner with Earl Howell Queen of Hunt at Fall Round Up 2019 at 2 years old.

Overton"s Breathless Blue Lincoln
Overton"s Breathless Blue Ava.

Last edited by ELMO OVERTON on 11-30-2017 at 03:36 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-25-2017 01:14 AM
ELMO OVERTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ELMO OVERTON Click here to Send ELMO OVERTON a Private Message Click Here to Email ELMO OVERTON Find more posts by ELMO OVERTON Add ELMO OVERTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Dragon

Chris is hunting him mostly in the late rounds of the night. Thick frost bright moon and he goes 3 for 3. Tracking is rough but this his how they learn to get the job done. Hot coons are easy. If a dog won't tree a rough coon in frost and snow and bright moon I don't want it. Pop up coons any pup can look good on them. I hold a high standard in what I want in my kennel and won't settle for less. Slick treers need not apply :-}
I don't want a ugly woman and I don't want a ugly hound. Looks, mouth and tracking and treeing with the meat is all I ask.
Hmm maybe that's why I'm single :-)

RIP
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blu Knight. King of Hunt Fall Round Up 2006 loudest dog I have ever owned.
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blue Roler hit died at 2years old at semi finals of World hunt
Dual Grand Utchmans So Blue Timber top 100 Finalist in 2005 World hunt 2012 performance sire
Gr Ch Nite CH Overton's Breathless Blue Warrior 4wins died at 6 yrs old. Sire to Knight
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Drum 3 wins to Grand. before 2 yrs old Running ant treeing wild coons at 5 months alone.
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Sabrina 2nd place Nite ch at Fall Round Up 2009

Dogs living

Dall Haden and Bobby Hayes have been a big part of my breeding of my hounds also Bill Bird for help keeping it going.

*All my dogs are old Ucthman Hawk and Scout breeding with some Smokey River Chief and Diamond Jim.
573-228-3169
Kandy off Bojangles and Grand Nite ch PKC CH Redstick Ann. Super fast track dog good tree dog loud. co owner with Earl Howell Queen of Hunt at Fall Round Up 2019 at 2 years old.

Old Post 12-01-2017 04:00 PM
ELMO OVERTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ELMO OVERTON Click here to Send ELMO OVERTON a Private Message Click Here to Email ELMO OVERTON Find more posts by ELMO OVERTON Add ELMO OVERTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Have a good hunt with Roger Lathrop and Chris Coltrane we managed to tree three singles. They missed one Coon by one tree it was a tough track. 1.3 mile away. It was a rough track and they worked hard. Roger Gabby female is going to make some noise in the hunts. Loud and quick accurate

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Last edited by ELMO OVERTON on 12-04-2017 at 01:36 AM

Old Post 12-04-2017 01:31 AM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Starting new medicine today. If that doesn't work radiation. If that doesn't work more surgery. Truck man maybe I'll I'll be. But as long as I can hear a hound and one of them is I is mine I'll take it. I don't know what my future holds but as long as I'm on this side of the grass walking and talking and visiting I'll take it.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Last edited by ELMO OVERTON on 12-09-2017 at 03:38 PM

Old Post 12-09-2017 03:36 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

We managed to get one bushed on a 23 degree night. Kandy is going to make the grade I do believe. One thing for sure if she can't smell it on the tree she won't tree and you won't find the coon either. I like it when young dogs do that.
I need cage coon to start playing with my two Rattler pups a little. No rush on them.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 12-13-2017 02:05 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

I copied and pasted what Chris had to say about Dragon

Also i want everyone to know i am hunting Dragon for Elmo and if anyone woukd like to see him in the woods i would to take you hunting. He is very nice and wont dissapoint you. If Elmo keeps one around to become the stud of his kennels then that there tells you something. Dragon is and will be one I and im sure other will be talking about for a very long time. I aint trying to make money off Elmo or anything like that. I was new to blue ticks with Mystic being the 3rd one iv hunted on my own time so i wanted to help out by hunting dragon and trying to get him winning some more hunts. I knew Elmo is a top houndsmen and is making blueticks that better the breed and that people talk about wishing they could find to own. With that being said i wanted to offer my help so maybe i can learn from him and get guided in the right direction of starting my bluetick line. The only way to become a better houndsman is to learn from the ones like him. I have learned a lot already and hope he knows how much i appreciate it. I was brought up coon hunting from time i could walk. About every night of season you could bet my old man and i were chasing a hound around all night on mules. Im out there for the hound and the true passion and love for the sport, i could careless about how many i kill or what i win. Ill hunt these dogs till the day the good lord decides iv out my time in. My number is 6602921555 call or text, you can also see a lot of videos and pictures on my Facebook, just search Chris Coltrains and find the fat guy riding mules and hunting hounds. Your going to drive a very long ways to find one any nicer. Its a pleasure to hunt him. I love meeting new people and making new hunting buddies so come on over and check out him and few others in my kennels. We can ride some mules hunting or pickup hunt. I gave Elmo my word i would hunt his butt off and learn my ways around winning some hunts with him and that is exactly what ill do. Come check Dragon out for your next stud or whatever you choose. I have been lazy and haven't got to hunt much the last 2 weeks and hope Elmo aint to dissapointed. Ill make up for it. I have planned to have Dragon at kirsville RQE in next month. Thank you Elmo for this opportunity.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 12-14-2017 02:09 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Kandy

She now 7 months old and slamming trees with coon. I'm impressed with this female off Bojangles x Redstick Ann. I hope we have her ready for Eldon Iowa.
I wish I could hunt myself but right now that isn't going to happen. I can be truck man. My hopes stay high that someday I can hunt again. Heck I have two pups to start off Rattler and my Maggie female. They are growing like weeds.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 12-21-2017 04:54 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR! KEEP THEM BLUE AND HUNT THEM ON THE MOONLITE NIGHTS AS WELL AS THE DARK NIGHTS.

Snake and Bobbie hard to tell them apart at 4 months old.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Last edited by ELMO OVERTON on 12-21-2017 at 06:05 PM

Old Post 12-21-2017 04:55 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

My MAILES Ratller X Maggie connection

Snake 4 month's

Bobbie

Kandy 7 months old

Hope to have her ready for the hunt by Bluetick days
She is off of Bojangles and Red Stickann

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Last edited by ELMO OVERTON on 12-25-2017 at 02:46 AM

Old Post 12-24-2017 07:22 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

I welcome 2018 with a positive attitude

I hope this will be my year to start hunting again. Time will tell. Right now no change in my health.
My Rattler pups are getting big and seem to have good mouths on them.
Maggie is getting older but will go and get treed long toe nails or not.
Dragon is getting his first full coon season so I look for him to do well in the hunts this year he is 3 will be 4 in April.
Kandy is doing good at James Stacey''s home getting woods time and seem to want nothing to do with trash just tree coons so far.
I hope everyone's 2018 is a successful one and get those blue dogs in the woods. It's super cold here so I'll stay warm in the house.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 01-02-2018 03:41 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

2018 and KANDY

Glad to hear Kandy is still doing good and progressing like a Pup should Elmo. BO was as Trash Free as a Hound can be. When he was a Pup I pulled his head out of one Diller Hole and he took his whupping and never fooled with another. He treed one Possum at about a year old and got a Scolding and a Finger Popping on his Muzzle and has never treed another. They are like a kid that admires and loves you to death and if they do something wrong and you get on to them a little it breaks their heart and they don't want to ever do it again. I know, sounds like Bull but it's the Truth. I had hounds many years ago that treed Possums and no matter what you did, those hounds were Never Completely Broke off them. These Hounds are different in a much better way. Don't take much correcting to keep them right and they were born Naturally Hating Coon. Wish you the best in 2018 with All your Hounds, Health and Dreams. Take Care.

Old Post 01-05-2018 03:20 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

I hope everyone come up for the hunt

May 17th,18th and 19th National Bluetick Days will be in Eldon Iowa.

I'm not sure who will be hunting something for me but time will tell. I plan on being there all three days.

THANK STEVE

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 01-05-2018 03:47 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Pups are looking good. They don't have the ear I like. They have their mommy's ear. They are so fat and going through the ugly stage I call it. 5 months old and good size. Time will tell
Weather has been tough and too cold. It is warm today 63 outside the snow sleet freezing rain Thursday afternoon. Welcome to Missouri.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 01-11-2018 01:35 AM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

I hope this weather breaks so I can go listen to a hound run. The chemo I'm on makes me so tired and weak all I want to do is sleep. If I ever get back into hunting shape and able to go to the dogs look out. I will be competing everywhere with Dragon and hopefully my younger prospects in the future. Kandy is doing good and maybe we will get her into some PKC hunts as well in the future. Time will tell. I'm going to get through this illness somehow some way. My desire to compete is to strong to let it go. I must and will always have a hound. The Lord will guide me on what he wants me to do in the future. Thanks to all they are helping me keep my dream alive. Thanks for all the support. I will see you at the hunts even if it is to ride along. God bless you all. Let 2018 be the year of the blue dog.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 01-16-2018 06:17 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

6 more days our coon season ends. Dragon will now have his first full coon season. I hope it pays off in PKC AND UKC hunts this year. Time will tell. No matter what I really think highly of this hound period. He is a coon treer. Hot, Cold, Layup, Frost , Snow, or Rutting coons he gets it done in a hurry with the meat on the end.
I hope everyone had a successful season training with young and old dogs. Hunt will be coming up in the bunches soon.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 01-25-2018 03:50 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Snake and Bobbie are growing up will be 6 months old Feb 2

I believe he had I have bonded well.
Bobbie and I are close but I'm a male dog man.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Last edited by ELMO OVERTON on 01-30-2018 at 05:58 PM

Old Post 01-29-2018 03:02 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Dragon treed 6 coons Saturday night two dens and one slick tree. Not bad for this time of year. Chris's dad took him of for a hunt.
He is a coon dog that trees coons.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 01-29-2018 03:16 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Dragon will be 4 in April. I really think he is worth taking a look at and breeding some females to him the bloodline is there and he sure enough can get wooded with the meat. He was a early starter and very easy to train. Head full of sense. Don't the the PR status fool you.
I haven't heard from Chris for a few days he had the flu.
Anyway he is there for your inspection moonlite nights, snow, frost, rutting coons, hot, cold, windy or whatever he can get it done close or far away.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 02-02-2018 05:49 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

btt

Man I sure do miss hunting my dogs and starting new ones. I'm going to get out there someday.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 02-08-2018 01:43 AM
ColtrainHounds
New UKC Forum Member

Took dragon out tonight. We still have few inches of hard crusty snow. Was bitter cold and just wasnt much for animals moving. Dragon treed his first one 166 yards from the truck in under 4 minutes, second coon he went 114 yards and was treed quick enough i barely had got back in truck and comfortable, third coon was 322 yards away and was a cold track. He took roughly 10 mins to get treed. Coon was laying in fork of a huge cottonwood. His 4th coon he went .61 of a mile and moved the track quick and one way till he was hooked. The fifth coon he was 874 yards NW while my walker was 453 West treed. My walker Harry was slick and Dragon was under coon. Hes VERY independent and pays no attention to what the other dog is doing. This hound can get treed faster and move a track way above most average dogs. Dragon is seriously all business coondog from second you unsnap him to till when you shoot his coon out. Iv said it from when i first started hunting him, he hustles and works hard to please. Not to mention guys hes very fresh due to some health issues iv had. Hes same dog no matter how long he sits. Im more than willing to show him in woods. Iv slacked hunting him for Elmo.I had planned to be in a few hunts and.hunted way more. Thats my fault. Elmo is very understanding thankgod. Caught influenza A and was sick, now battling lime disease and my gout flarring up. I cant figure out how to post pictures or videos so call/text me 6602921555 or facebook Chris Coltrain if anyone wants to see any. He deseeves a chance in the stud pen. Hes type dog most people only can talk about instead of truly owning or know of one. Hes real deal. Come hunt.

Old Post 02-09-2018 07:20 AM
ColtrainHounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColtrainHounds Click here to Send ColtrainHounds a Private Message Click Here to Email ColtrainHounds Find more posts by ColtrainHounds Add ColtrainHounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColtrainHounds
New UKC Forum Member

Elmos tree dragon!!

Old Post 02-09-2018 12:38 PM
ColtrainHounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColtrainHounds Click here to Send ColtrainHounds a Private Message Click Here to Email ColtrainHounds Find more posts by ColtrainHounds Add ColtrainHounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Dragon on the bush with the groceries! Good job Chris

He is worth taking a look at or he wouldn't be at my place I can tell you that.
The bloodline is there. Now just getting a few females while he is young to see if his traits back up what he has been doing all his life since 6 months old.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Last edited by ELMO OVERTON on 02-09-2018 at 02:32 PM

Old Post 02-09-2018 02:28 PM
ColtrainHounds
New UKC Forum Member

Tree dragon

Old Post 02-09-2018 11:15 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Wishing Chris a fast recovery

Chris has been in the hospital for about a week now. They are looking at his heart and he seems to be doing better. I'm not sure what is going on there yet. He is ready to be back in the woods but he better take his time that is for sure. I told him Dragon will be fine and I'm happy he finally put a full coon season on Dragon since he has never had one. I hope to get him in a few hunts with a little luck. As for me this Chemo is kicking my butt and I just don't have the energy to do much but watch tv or sit here reading post. Snake and Bobby are ready to me messed with some but not sure what I'm going to do about that being that walking is out of the question at this time. Oh well time will tell for me but I'm not giving up. I plan on visiting at the Bluetick Reunion and Bluetick Days this year in April and May so I hope to ride along and hear some dogs get treed.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 02-18-2018 01:28 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Snake
Sire of Snake and Boobie Gr Nt ch Mailes Rattler

Bobbie

For me I like a longer low set of ears on my dogs. Bobbie is LOUD. Snake doesn't seem to bark so I have know idea what he sounds like yet. Both good acting pups. Now I need to chain break them so they will be ready to take to the woods.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Last edited by ELMO OVERTON on 03-15-2018 at 03:26 AM

Old Post 02-26-2018 01:25 AM