UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > .22 Rifle
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BooneMcCrary
UKC Forum Member

.22 Rifle

How many of you guys have hunted with a tube fed bolt action rifle? I'd love to have one but can't even find one these days

GrNiteCh CLEAR TIMBER CLASSY SASSY

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-02-2015 04:44 AM
BooneMcCrary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BooneMcCrary Click here to Send BooneMcCrary a Private Message Click Here to Email BooneMcCrary Find more posts by BooneMcCrary Add BooneMcCrary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Greg Burks
UKC Forum Member

I use to hunt with a tube feed but not any more because I lost the tube in woods several times because limbs and or vines would loosen it....get to tree and have a empty gun...lol

Old Post 03-02-2015 10:28 AM
Greg Burks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Greg Burks Click here to Send Greg Burks a Private Message Find more posts by Greg Burks Add Greg Burks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

Thats all i hunt with now

Old Post 03-02-2015 12:19 PM
dchartt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dchartt Click here to Send dchartt a Private Message Click Here to Email dchartt Find more posts by dchartt Add dchartt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chip johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Burks
I use to hunt with a tube feed but not any more because I lost the tube in woods several times because limbs and or vines would loosen it....get to tree and have a empty gun...lol

x2 the only thing i use is a clip gun anymore. single shots are a pain to load

Old Post 03-02-2015 03:17 PM
chip johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chip johnson Click here to Send chip johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email chip johnson Find more posts by chip johnson Add chip johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rthompson
UKC Forum Member

Tube feed is my choice have a t.f. bolt action mossberg older gun but you can hunt alot with out havin to reload and it cycles shorts longs lr cbs whatever i feel like usin.

Old Post 03-02-2015 05:33 PM
rthompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rthompson Click here to Send rthompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rthompson Find more posts by rthompson Add rthompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kevin Deboy
UKC Forum Member

tube fed

Hunted with a Marlin 39A tube fed lever action rifle for 30 years. Did have to buy a couple tubes due to loosing them in woods. I really liked it because it worked well when it got cold. "Did not jam or misfire" Have recently switched to Ruger 10 22 to lighten the load on my back. 39 A was great but it was heavy. My friends all make fun of me because I have never used a scope. I always felt like the scope was just something else to get tangled up in the briars. Just old school, I guess. Lol

Old Post 03-02-2015 06:21 PM
Kevin Deboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin Deboy Click here to Send Kevin Deboy a Private Message Click Here to Email Kevin Deboy Find more posts by Kevin Deboy Add Kevin Deboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MARK RISINGER
UKC Forum Member

22 RIFLE

TRY TO FIND A MARLIN OR GLENFIELD MODEL 25. THEY ARN'T EXPENSIVE AND SHOOT ANYTHING. THEY DO HAVE A CLIP, WHICH I CARRY IN MY POCKET UNTIL I GET READY TO SHOOT. ALSO EASIER TO UNLOAD THAN A TUBE FED RIFLE. I HAVE SEVERAL 22s, SOME TUBE FED AND SOME CLIP, BUT THIS OR A RUGER 10/22 IS THE GUNS I USE TO COON HUNT WITH.

Old Post 03-02-2015 07:35 PM
MARK RISINGER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MARK RISINGER Click here to Send MARK RISINGER a Private Message Click Here to Email MARK RISINGER Find more posts by MARK RISINGER Add MARK RISINGER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackflagginit
UKC Forum Member

I have used the same savage bolt action now for........hmm not real sure how long I have had it but 10-15yrs or more.

its clip feed and I had to do a little filing at first to get it right but its worked like a charm every since. has a brushnell scope and its deadly accurate even with all the bumping around in the box and banging around the woods.

its my go to rifle for all small game, and when hunting with friends say during kill season, its the gun everyone wants to use.

*billy jack

It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it.

Robert E. Lee

Old Post 03-02-2015 07:35 PM
blackflagginit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackflagginit Click here to Send blackflagginit a Private Message Click Here to Email blackflagginit Find more posts by blackflagginit Add blackflagginit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roger wickerham
UKC Forum Member

i use a clip or single shot theres alot going on at the tree leashing dogs ,brush, ect, i have had tub feed guns leave a shell in the tub after emptying then you put the tub back in and not relize you just reloded i try to keep it simple single shot or clip feed (in michigan cant load gun untill your ready to shoot the coon out then must unload)

Old Post 03-03-2015 02:02 PM
roger wickerham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roger wickerham Click here to Send roger wickerham a Private Message Click Here to Email roger wickerham Find more posts by roger wickerham Add roger wickerham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I have a tube fed Remington Fieldmaster pump. The tube feed is a pain but it will shoot anything and is very accurate. I also have a Ruger 10/22 with a folding/telescoping stock. I use the Ruger in the winter because it has a clip so it is much handier to use. I use the Remington in the summer because it is much quieter. If the Remington pump had a clip, then it would be the perfect rifle.

Old Post 03-03-2015 06:44 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote