UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hey UKC at SETWD
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rough country
UKC Forum Member

Hey UKC at SETWD

There is a young lady on Facebook talking about all the hounds in poor shape with no shelter on the grounds someone may want to look around the internet is what is killing ous houndsmen

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-28-2015 08:45 PM
rough country is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rough country Click here to Send rough country a Private Message Click Here to Email rough country Find more posts by rough country Add rough country to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cleo
UKC Forum Member

If its anything like Grand American, its up to the host club or the SETW ppl to control that. I've seen DNR make ppl leave from the fair grounds at GA because they had sick or poor dogs. I my opinion its not the kid on Facebook saying what she sees killing our sport. Its the ppl who don't take care of their dogs and then drag them out in public to sell what's left of them.

If your going to call yourselves houndsmen you should be man enough (or women enough) to respect the dogs and ppl who you parade them in front of.

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Old Post 02-28-2015 09:00 PM
Cleo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cleo Click here to Send Cleo a Private Message Find more posts by Cleo Add Cleo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rough country
UKC Forum Member

I agree with you 100% but 2 rough looking hounds out of 500 could make the whole bunch look bad

Old Post 02-28-2015 09:46 PM
rough country is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rough country Click here to Send rough country a Private Message Click Here to Email rough country Find more posts by rough country Add rough country to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Connie
UKC Forum Member

well said Cleo!!!!

Way to go!

Old Post 02-28-2015 09:56 PM
Connie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Connie Click here to Send Connie a Private Message Click Here to Email Connie Find more posts by Connie Add Connie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Morgan Richard
UKC Forum Member

Just left. Saw a truck with 'If You Cant Feed em, Dont Breed em'. If only everybody would follow that. I saw a cpl skinny dogs, but nothing to be worried about. Most of the dogs were either well fed or in decent hunting shape.

Old Post 02-28-2015 10:11 PM
Morgan Richard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Morgan Richard Click here to Send Morgan Richard a Private Message Find more posts by Morgan Richard Add Morgan Richard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cleo
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by rough country
I agree with you 100% but 2 rough looking hounds out of 500 could make the whole bunch look bad

Very true.
I'm glad all went pretty well. I sure hated to miss it.

Proud home to;

ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~

~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Old Post 02-28-2015 10:56 PM
Cleo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cleo Click here to Send Cleo a Private Message Find more posts by Cleo Add Cleo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cleo
UKC Forum Member

Re: well said Cleo!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Connie
Way to go!

I used to not speak my mind about this in fear of being bashed on this site by some of these ppl who wake up trying to see what pot of crap they can stir up but I really couldn't care less any more.

Proud home to;

~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~

~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty

Old Post 02-28-2015 11:00 PM
garminguru
UKC Forum Member

Much of that is perception. An overweight dog is no more healthy than an overweight adult.

Old Post 03-01-2015 02:16 AM
garminguru is offline Click Here to See the Profile for garminguru Click here to Send garminguru a Private Message Find more posts by garminguru Add garminguru to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5walkrs
UKC Forum Member

Yeah, it was pretty ruff this year down in the bottom ! Seeing is believing !! Some put an efford in making a good spot for their dogs and others really didn't !

Old Post 03-01-2015 03:32 AM
5walkrs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5walkrs Click here to Send 5walkrs a Private Message Click Here to Email 5walkrs Find more posts by 5walkrs Add 5walkrs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garminguru
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 5walkrs
Yeah, it was pretty ruff this year down in the bottom ! Seeing is believing !! Some put an efford in making a good spot for their dogs and others really didn't !

I can believe that.

Here is the thing, I have a male dog who, if you saw him just standing there, some of these nosey animal people who know nothing about hounds would "think" my dog was malnourished.
Here are the facts...... I feed my dog Diamond Naturals and he does best on the chicken and rice after I tried many different feeds including extreme athlete. I go down there every day and he generally has feed still from the previous day's feeding. He was at the vet a month ago for teeth cleaning and to have a place removed from his back.
I spoke with the vet about his weight and the vet stated you really do not want to see ribs or those two butt bones sticking up in the back and I totally agreed with that assessment. She suggested mixing in some high quality puppy food with the normal food and that was something I had not tried. A month later and not having been hunted for a month, he has gained a whole 2 ounces.
This dog is completely healthy, worm free (we checked), and hunts harder and longer, and with such energy as that I have never seen in any hound I have ever owned.
I have resigned to myself that until this dog gets older and/or slows down some, he is just not going to be a dog that carries any fat.
The vet seems to think he could use about 5 more pounds and that is probably true but I do not know how to get there after trying everything I know try and including what the vet has suggested.

That vet suggested it is better for him as he is rather than presenting to her at 10 pounds overweight.

Old Post 03-01-2015 08:52 PM
garminguru is offline Click Here to See the Profile for garminguru Click here to Send garminguru a Private Message Find more posts by garminguru Add garminguru to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scary Creek
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Morgan Richard
Just left. Saw a truck with 'If You Cant Feed em, Dont Breed em'. If only everybody would follow that. I saw a cpl skinny dogs, but nothing to be worried about. Most of the dogs were either well fed or in decent hunting shape.

Nite Champion R & B's Hogback Boyd HTX
Nite Champion Bell Mountain Buster
Nite Champion Show Ch Bell Mountain Megan
( 2012 WV Governor's Cup Hunt Champion )

- Use and Recommend Anthony’s Dog Supply -

Old Post 03-01-2015 09:15 PM
Scary Creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scary Creek Click here to Send Scary Creek a Private Message Click Here to Email Scary Creek Find more posts by Scary Creek Add Scary Creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RatDog
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by garminguru
I can believe that.

Here is the thing, I have a male dog who, if you saw him just standing there, some of these nosey animal people who know nothing about hounds would "think" my dog was malnourished.
Here are the facts...... I feed my dog Diamond Naturals and he does best on the chicken and rice after I tried many different feeds including extreme athlete. I go down there every day and he generally has feed still from the previous day's feeding. He was at the vet a month ago for teeth cleaning and to have a place removed from his back.
I spoke with the vet about his weight and the vet stated you really do not want to see ribs or those two butt bones sticking up in the back and I totally agreed with that assessment. She suggested mixing in some high quality puppy food with the normal food and that was something I had not tried. A month later and not having been hunted for a month, he has gained a whole 2 ounces.
This dog is completely healthy, worm free (we checked), and hunts harder and longer, and with such energy as that I have never seen in any hound I have ever owned.
I have resigned to myself that until this dog gets older and/or slows down some, he is just not going to be a dog that carries any fat.
The vet seems to think he could use about 5 more pounds and that is probably true but I do not know how to get there after trying everything I know try and including what the vet has suggested.

That vet suggested it is better for him as he is rather than presenting to her at 10 pounds overweight.

Maybe you can try some satin balls??

Old Post 03-01-2015 11:18 PM
RatDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RatDog Click here to Send RatDog a Private Message Find more posts by RatDog Add RatDog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Gilland
UKC Forum Member

Re: Hey UKC at SETWD

quote:
Originally posted by rough country
There is a young lady on Facebook talking about all the hounds in poor shape with no shelter on the grounds someone may want to look around the internet is what is killing ous houndsmen
I attended SETWD and I would have to agree some of those dogs staked down were in rough shape. I saw some beagles that looked like they had one foot in the grave.
I don't have any idea why they would let those people bring dogs like that in there. It sure doesn't help our sport with the animal people. Just saying

Old Post 03-02-2015 02:30 AM
Steve Gilland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Gilland Click here to Send Steve Gilland a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Gilland Find more posts by Steve Gilland Add Steve Gilland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chaz2012
Banned

THERE WERE PROUBALLY MORE DOGS FOR SALE THAN THERE WERE HUNTED , 202 FRIDAY AND 175 +OR - SATURDAY

Charlie Portwood Jr.

Old Post 03-02-2015 04:12 PM
chaz2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chaz2012 Click here to Send chaz2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email chaz2012 Find more posts by chaz2012 Add chaz2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

JOHN SHORT --I KNOW JOHN AND HES A COON HUNTER ==I,M NOT SURE WAT HE DOES BUT HE IS IN COHOOTS WITH THE STATE OF KENTUCKY GET A HOLD OF HIM TO HELP KENTUCKY OUT THIS MESS

Old Post 03-02-2015 04:40 PM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5walkrs
UKC Forum Member

Yeah, I don't like to down anyone's dogs. But when you have 15 dogs tied there at the back of a truck laying in mud on a 3 ft chain, it doesn't do anything good for our sport. And another thing is people go down in the bottom and buy a dog they don't know if they are sick or have a disease or something and lead it right down in the stud barn.Where houndsmen have their big money dogs and litters of pups to pick up who knows what !

Old Post 03-03-2015 03:37 AM
5walkrs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5walkrs Click here to Send 5walkrs a Private Message Click Here to Email 5walkrs Find more posts by 5walkrs Add 5walkrs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garminguru
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 5walkrs
Yeah, I don't like to down anyone's dogs. But when you have 15 dogs tied there at the back of a truck laying in mud on a 3 ft chain, it doesn't do anything good for our sport. And another thing is people go down in the bottom and buy a dog they don't know if they are sick or have a disease or something and lead it right down in the stud barn.Where houndsmen have their big money dogs and litters of pups to pick up who knows what !

That is exactly right....... I told the guy I was walking around with in that stud barn there is absolutely no way under the sun I would ever have my dog tied out in that barn. What is the point of that anyway?

Old Post 03-03-2015 06:23 PM
Brian Gray
UKC Forum Member

There is one way to stop this mess, charge the owner's of the dogs a $50.00 per dog fee to have them there I think it would weed them out. Our don't let them set up there. I seen the dogs lying in the mud and cold in the wee hours of morning was a sad site. Trade dogs or good dogs no dog should be treated like that.

Old Post 03-03-2015 06:50 PM
Brian Gray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Gray Click here to Send Brian Gray a Private Message Find more posts by Brian Gray Add Brian Gray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5walkrs
UKC Forum Member

I think it's nice to have the stud dogs set up in the barns. And i know these breeders spend alotta money and time promoting this dogs. I think they should tightin up on the dog traders that attend these events and NO other dogs should be in the stud barn if you don't have a rented space in there promoting your dogs !!

Old Post 03-04-2015 02:12 AM