UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Add Money to UKC world hunt?
Should Ukc add Money prizes to world hunt?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes I could use the money! 109 69.43%
No Im stubborn and set in my ways. 48 30.57%
Total: 157 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Add Money to UKC world hunt?

Here's the poll. Vote.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-03-2012 05:09 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tyler Vaden
UKC Forum Member

I voted but I feel like I voted for Ron Paul cause nothing is going to come from this.

Old Post 05-03-2012 05:16 PM
Tyler Vaden is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tyler Vaden Click here to Send Tyler Vaden a Private Message Click Here to Email Tyler Vaden Find more posts by Tyler Vaden Add Tyler Vaden to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

LoL your right. More than likely want. If they sure enough wanted to be top dog this here would do it.

Old Post 05-03-2012 05:51 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buzzardcreek
Banned

how do i vote?

Old Post 05-03-2012 07:34 PM
buzzardcreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buzzardcreek Click here to Send buzzardcreek a Private Message Click Here to Email buzzardcreek Find more posts by buzzardcreek Add buzzardcreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buzzardcreek
Banned

found it I think you guys are wrong that UKC will never change it may just take a strong majority of us to show interest and some healthy discussion.I cant see why UKC wouldn't be interested as long as it for the better.

Old Post 05-03-2012 07:44 PM
buzzardcreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buzzardcreek Click here to Send buzzardcreek a Private Message Click Here to Email buzzardcreek Find more posts by buzzardcreek Add buzzardcreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by buzzardcreek
found it I think you guys are wrong that UKC will never change it may just take a strong majority of us to show interest and some healthy discussion.I cant see why UKC wouldn't be interested as long as it for the better.
And as long as its virtually not costing them anything

Old Post 05-03-2012 08:06 PM
kcdawg212
UKC Forum Member

look guys ukc is a business if they can make money by doing this and a majority want it they will change it will take time but keep the pressure on i vote yes

Old Post 05-03-2012 08:30 PM
kcdawg212 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kcdawg212 Click here to Send kcdawg212 a Private Message Click Here to Email kcdawg212 Find more posts by kcdawg212 Add kcdawg212 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
max destruction
UKC Forum Member

I think they should do SOMETHING,You dont get performance points for ANY world events or RQEs,It kinda upsets me cause I dont think it pays to pay up performance if you dont get nothin back,I made a grand night with 3 rqe wins and youth hunt win,half her wins didnt get nothin,kinda frustrating,Ive allways thaught the world events were sopose to be a step above so why punish those that place at them?

Old Post 05-03-2012 10:40 PM
max destruction is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max destruction Click here to Send max destruction a Private Message Click Here to Email max destruction Find more posts by max destruction Add max destruction to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WVHUNTER24.7
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by max destruction
Ive allways thaught the world events were sopose to be a step above so why punish those that place at them?

X2

304-881-2695 CELL

HOME OF

GR NT CH CHROMES WILD LINCOLN (DOUBLE COMA X WESSELS WILD CASEY X THUNDERS WILD CLYDE X STYLISH HARRY)
2012 SETWD CAST WINNER
QUALIFIED FOR 2012 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
2013 SETWD 2nd Place NT CH
QUALIFIED FOR 2013 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
2013 WALKER DAYS CAST WINNER MONTPELIER, OH
QUALIFIED FOR 2014 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
PERFORMANCE SIRE
SUPERSTAKES SIRE

GRNTCH LINCOLNS STYLISH JAZZ ( CHROMES WILD LINCOLN/UPLINGERS JOE/STYLISH LITTLE MAN)
QUALIFIED FOR 2015 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

PR LINCOLNS BOTTOMLAND STYLE ( CHROMES WILD LINCOLN / RIVER BEND STYLE / WHITE TRASH )

Old Post 05-03-2012 11:18 PM
WVHUNTER24.7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WVHUNTER24.7 Click here to Send WVHUNTER24.7 a Private Message Click Here to Email WVHUNTER24.7 Find more posts by WVHUNTER24.7 Add WVHUNTER24.7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buzzardcreek
Banned

simple the hunters who choose to pay into the program would be eligible for the cash option if you choose not to pay into it you still can win the prestige and prizes.I cant understand why anybody would oppose it.pay the money thats in the escrow to the top 20 that are eligible for the cash .If its for the better lets do it.If its for the worst then explain how?

Old Post 05-04-2012 02:55 AM
l.lyle
Banned

There wasn't an "other" choice for me so I didn't vote. "Yes" I could always use money in any form; whether it be from Stagger Lee throwing Sevens or playing the Ponies on the side and not through the windows. The "No" answer is that I am not stubborn and set in my ways, other than I can't hardly be led by that type of a choice to do anything. The reason I would say "no" is cause obviously UKC has concidered the money thing since PKC got hatched and they have decided not too. So that is why it suites me not to is because it is their game and they can run it anyway they want to. I am not particulaly for nor against myself. But nobody ever did answer me if your dog is so good and you are so sure of it then what is to keep anybody from having a side bet nobody knows about?

http://youtu.be/bO8siB9tK4M UMH HUH did you listen? Or are you just reacting??

Last edited by l.lyle on 05-04-2012 at 04:24 AM

Old Post 05-04-2012 04:08 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

80% of the RQE hunters are there to try and qualify for the world hunt. Maybe 10% to get a ntch win. Maybe 10 more to just hunt. Ukc will still make the same amount of money by upping the entry 5 dollars at all RQE events and then divide it out at the world hunt. Its a no brainer They already have more hunters. This will just up that number.

Old Post 05-04-2012 04:25 AM
poolecw
UKC Forum Member

In 2011, 692 dogs made it to the zones. Lets assume that for every 1 dog that made it, 3 dogs did not make it. (this is slightly flawed because a dog may enter an rqe multiple times). Regardless, that would put the number or rqe entries at 2,076 (at a minimum). Increasing the entry fee by $5 would give you a total of $10,380. Thats nothing compared to some pkc hunts, but its still $10K.

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
80% of the RQE hunters are there to try and qualify for the world hunt. Maybe 10% to get a ntch win. Maybe 10 more to just hunt. Ukc will still make the same amount of money by upping the entry 5 dollars at all RQE events and then divide it out at the world hunt. Its a no brainer They already have more hunters. This will just up that number.

Old Post 05-04-2012 04:50 AM
poolecw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for poolecw Click here to Send poolecw a Private Message Click Here to Email poolecw Visit poolecw's homepage! Find more posts by poolecw Add poolecw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by poolecw
In 2011, 692 dogs made it to the zones. Lets assume that for every 1 dog that made it, 3 dogs did not make it. (this is slightly flawed because a dog may enter an rqe multiple times). Regardless, that would put the number or rqe entries at 2,076 (at a minimum). Increasing the entry fee by $5 would give you a total of $10,380. Thats nothing compared to some pkc hunts, but its still $10K.
Ten K for the winner? Or Ten K split up in the 20 top hogs?

Old Post 05-04-2012 05:31 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by l.lyle

http://youtu.be/bO8siB9tK4M UMH HUH did you listen? Or are you just reacting??

Huh?? Keep quiet then. if you can't answer.

Old Post 05-04-2012 05:53 AM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by l.lyle
Ten K for the winner? Or Ten K split up in the 20 top hogs?
I just split between the top 4 myself..

Old Post 05-04-2012 11:23 AM
Nat Thomas
Banned

If they increased the entry fee by lets say... 25... 50.... even 100... think about how much they could pay out. I would just about bet my truck that entries wouldn't drop enough to be noticed either. People can complain about money all they want and how the hunts are getting to expensive but when I a world title is on the line, especially one with a pretty nice payout, they will dig out just a little bit more of their moldy money to take a shot at it. The purse needs to be broken down so that the final cast of 4 dogs take a good chunk of it... they should have the option of splitting the purse 4 ways, hunting for the advertised payouts for 1st-4th placement, or if all 4 cast members agree hunt for it winner takes all. The remaining purse would be split 16 ways for 5th-20th.

If they upped the entry fee 25$ to enter the zones and that 25$ go strictly into the payout fund and use the other part of the entry for costs etc.. like they do now... that 25$ with an average of 600 dogs going to the zones equals 15,000$... if you add in the 5$ dollars extra that the Rqe's took in that puts us up in the neighborhood of 25,000$ for the top 20 dogs.. the top 4 should take 50% of that so 12,500 to the top 4 and the remaining purse would be split 16 ways.

The top 4 dogs break down would be like this...

1st place - 50% $6250

2nd place 25% $3125

3rd place. 15% $1875

4th place 10% $1250

5th-20th place each receive $781.25

Paying an extra 25$ to hunt in the zones is nothing. I would even go out on a limb and say that if you said the zones would he 50$ or an extra 100$ that people would complain at first... but.... they would still pay it and go and when they saw the payouts that extra little bit adds up to they wouldn't be complaining much more... especially if they bump the entry fee up 100$ and they take Home enough to buy a brand new truck.

Old Post 05-04-2012 12:06 PM
Nat Thomas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nat Thomas Click here to Send Nat Thomas a Private Message Click Here to Email Nat Thomas Find more posts by Nat Thomas Add Nat Thomas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SCOTT ENGLE
UKC Forum Member

Show me the money!

GRAND NITE CHAMPION
BOOGAR HOLLOW MOJO
513-284-4874

Old Post 05-04-2012 01:51 PM
SCOTT ENGLE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SCOTT ENGLE Click here to Send SCOTT ENGLE a Private Message Click Here to Email SCOTT ENGLE Find more posts by SCOTT ENGLE Add SCOTT ENGLE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nat Thomas
If they increased the entry fee by lets say... 25... 50.... even 100... think about how much they could pay out. I would just about bet my truck that entries wouldn't drop enough to be noticed either. People can complain about money all they want and how the hunts are getting to expensive but when I a world title is on the line, especially one with a pretty nice payout, they will dig out just a little bit more of their moldy money to take a shot at it. The purse needs to be broken down so that the final cast of 4 dogs take a good chunk of it... they should have the option of splitting the purse 4 ways, hunting for the advertised payouts for 1st-4th placement, or if all 4 cast members agree hunt for it winner takes all. The remaining purse would be split 16 ways for 5th-20th.

If they upped the entry fee 25$ to enter the zones and that 25$ go strictly into the payout fund and use the other part of the entry for costs etc.. like they do now... that 25$ with an average of 600 dogs going to the zones equals 15,000$... if you add in the 5$ dollars extra that the Rqe's took in that puts us up in the neighborhood of 25,000$ for the top 20 dogs.. the top 4 should take 50% of that so 12,500 to the top 4 and the remaining purse would be split 16 ways.

The top 4 dogs break down would be like this...

1st place - 50% $6250

2nd place 25% $3125

3rd place. 15% $1875

4th place 10% $1250

5th-20th place each receive $781.25

Paying an extra 25$ to hunt in the zones is nothing. I would even go out on a limb and say that if you said the zones would he 50$ or an extra 100$ that people would complain at first... but.... they would still pay it and go and when they saw the payouts that extra little bit adds up to they wouldn't be complaining much more... especially if they bump the entry fee up 100$ and they take Home enough to buy a brand new truck.

On the flip side Nat, i bet the entries won't drop any if it stays like it is now, being the MOST PRESTIGOUS TITLE IN THE SPORT is on the line. I don't care, pay out or not, but the fact is people want that UKC World Title, pay out or not. Its worth thousands come stud and puppy time, and we all know it.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 05-04-2012 03:02 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CLJohnson
UKC Forum Member

I agree, it isn't a bad idea, but in a way UKC pays you if you win the world, with the prestige, the World Champion ALWAYS goes on to breed a few litters, whether they turn out or not is not UKC's problem. Go try and make a stud dog with him just being titled in PKC/AKC/ACHA. It won't happen. JMO

Middle Creek Kennels:

Home of:

-GRNITECH Ball's Stylish Hickory Nut Harry
GRCH GRNITECH PR' Crow and Grant's Cutter
-GRCH GRNITECH PR' Night Heat Abby

NITECH PR' Middle Creek's Stylish Kate (1st place 2011 UKC Youth National open hunt and overall high scoring treeing walker female. 1st Place Plott Sectional and overall high scoring dog. Qualified for the 2012 UKC World Championship. Qualified for the 2012 Youth Nationals.)

-NITECH PR' MC Queen & Fergys Wipeout Zack
'PR' Wipeout Pebbles
-NTECH PR' Packrat

-GRNITECH ‘PR’ Hard Knockin Stylish Hayes
GRNITECH ‘PR’ Ball’s Stylish Hickory Nut Harry
-GRNITECH ‘PR’ Schmersal’s Stylish Anna

NITECH ‘PR’ Middle Creek’s Stylish Banjo

-GRNITECH ‘PR’ Turpin’s Insane Cain
NITECH ‘PR’ Johnson’s Extreme Jane
-GRNITECH ‘PR’ Treesinging Rambling Roxy

Old Post 05-04-2012 03:25 PM
CLJohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CLJohnson Click here to Send CLJohnson a Private Message Find more posts by CLJohnson Add CLJohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JDC

Sure it is the most prestigious title in the world but if it could be made better then I see no reason to not try and improve the prize package. I am for this if it is kept reasonable something like $5 add to RQE entry. I am not for this if its going to raise the cost where the little man has a hard time competing.

Old Post 05-04-2012 03:31 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John D
UKC Forum Member

There is $10,000 available to a B&T that wins the UKC world hunt and its available THIS year. Thats more of a purse than whats outlined above without bleeding one cent from the entries.

So, we can gage the real interest in world hunt purse by comparing how many more B&T's participate this year versus previous years.

Click here to visit The B&T Coonhunters Message Forum for news, views, open discussion, ads, and event winners in the B&T Breed (Registration, with your full name, required)

Click here to see my Dog List

Old Post 05-04-2012 04:46 PM
John D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John D Click here to Send John D a Private Message Click Here to Email John D Visit John D's homepage! Find more posts by John D Add John D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

So when's the last time a Black dog won the world hunt? Does that 10k carry over?

Old Post 05-04-2012 05:22 PM
John D
UKC Forum Member

Awhile, and yes.

Search for "WHIF" on here. World Hunt Incentive Fund. The funds were raised by rank and file B&T people and administrated by the American Black & Tan Coonhound Association.

Click here to visit The B&T Coonhunters Message Forum for news, views, open discussion, ads, and event winners in the B&T Breed (Registration, with your full name, required)

Click here to see my Dog List

Old Post 05-04-2012 05:44 PM
John D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John D Click here to Send John D a Private Message Click Here to Email John D Visit John D's homepage! Find more posts by John D Add John D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nat Thomas
Banned

The most prestigious title in the world of coonhunting is definitely something that is a matter of opinion.... if it is the most prestigious title in the sport then why is it the only world title that the owner loses money try to win? Even AKC, which is slowly fading into oblivion, pays their world champion a good amount. I bet if you went and asked one group of hunters which world title is the most prestigious and the toughest to win they and myself included would say the one that pays $27,000 . If you go ask another group of hunters they would say the one you spend a ton of money trying to win and get a nifty trophy. I would love to win either one... chances are I never will. There is just one of them that I would love to win a whole lot more.

Old Post 05-04-2012 06:12 PM
Nat Thomas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nat Thomas Click here to Send Nat Thomas a Private Message Click Here to Email Nat Thomas Find more posts by Nat Thomas Add Nat Thomas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote