UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Turkey Creek Blue Critter
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Timber Shaker99
UKC Forum Member

BTT for Tom and Critter

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-06-2015 08:12 PM
Timber Shaker99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Timber Shaker99 Click here to Send Timber Shaker99 a Private Message Click Here to Email Timber Shaker99 Find more posts by Timber Shaker99 Add Timber Shaker99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Crothers
UKC Forum Member

But

PR Turkey Creek Blue Candy

Old Post 04-17-2015 05:04 AM
Rob Crothers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Crothers Click here to Send Rob Crothers a Private Message Click Here to Email Rob Crothers Find more posts by Rob Crothers Add Rob Crothers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Timber Shaker99
UKC Forum Member

BTT for Tom and Critter

Old Post 05-07-2015 06:35 PM
Timber Shaker99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Timber Shaker99 Click here to Send Timber Shaker99 a Private Message Click Here to Email Timber Shaker99 Find more posts by Timber Shaker99 Add Timber Shaker99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

May 2015 Bloodlines

Congratulations to Tom McClary on the very nice article in the May 2015 Issue of Coonhound Bloodlines about Turkey Creek Bluetick Kennels. Well deserved recognition for a lifetime of effort! Keep on keep'in on!

A big THANK YOU to Tom & his brother the late James McClary for all they have done for me. I would not have what I have today without your efforts.

Best of wishes to Tom, the Critter dog, & Turkey Creek Kennels in 2015!

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 05-07-2015 07:50 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations once again Harry!

Congratulations go out once again to Harry Eidenier & the Snow female for their early round cast win at the $HKC Little World Hunt this last Thursday night. Had a good late round cast, but got beat. Lots of good hounds & hunters there competing. Got to see some good dog work & witness some good competition! Even got to do a little extra hoofing on that late round, danged ole dogs scattered about.

Keep up the good work Harry! Not too bad for a young man balancing family, work, & a counterfeit ole cull blue dog

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 06-06-2015 11:44 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HILLBILLYS BLU
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Old Post 09-12-2015 03:04 PM
HILLBILLYS BLU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HILLBILLYS BLU Click here to Send HILLBILLYS BLU a Private Message Click Here to Email HILLBILLYS BLU Find more posts by HILLBILLYS BLU Add HILLBILLYS BLU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

To the top for Tom and the Critter gitter!

Critter is reproducing some very nice hounds. Seeing is believing, Critter and his offspring are available for your inspection.

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 12-01-2015 03:44 AM
Rob Crothers
UKC Forum Member

btt

PR Turkey Creek Blue Candy

Old Post 12-12-2015 07:18 AM
Rob Crothers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Crothers Click here to Send Rob Crothers a Private Message Click Here to Email Rob Crothers Find more posts by Rob Crothers Add Rob Crothers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roush_union76
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Old Post 02-02-2016 04:43 PM
Roush_union76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roush_union76 Click here to Send Roush_union76 a Private Message Find more posts by Roush_union76 Add Roush_union76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Vic

Critter was bred to Gr Nt Ch Brushcreek Sky about 5 years ago. Do you know shat Sky was out of?

Old Post 12-02-2016 01:16 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Re: Vic

quote:
Originally posted by ov_blues
Critter was bred to Gr Nt Ch Brushcreek Sky about 5 years ago. Do you know shat Sky was out of?

Runnin Gun x Turkey Creek Blue Fanny.

Gun x Fanny - One of my favorite crosses I was fortunate enough to have had a part of and be around to witness multiple individuals first hand. The late James McClary spoke highly of this cross, rated it along the same lines as the Bullet x Becky cross.

Do you know of any offspring from this (Critter x Sky) cross?

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 12-02-2016 04:18 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Vic

quote:
Originally posted by Vic Stoll
Runnin Gun x Turkey Creek Blue Fanny.

Gun x Fanny - One of my favorite crosses I was fortunate enough to have had a part of and be around to witness multiple individuals first hand. The late James McClary spoke highly of this cross, rated it along the same lines as the Bullet x Becky cross.

Do you know of any offspring from this (Critter x Sky) cross?

------------------FCH GR NT CH GRCH 'PR' VINING RUNNIN BULLET
-----------GR NT CH 'PR' RUNNIN GUN
------------------CH NT CH 'PR' HONEYRUN BECKY
------NT CH 'PR' TURKEY CREEK BLUE WHITIE
------------------GR CH 'PR' TURKEY BLUE ROCK
-----------CH NT CH 'PR' TURKEY CREEK BLUE FANNY
------------------'PR' TURKEY ROSE ROSE
--GR NT CH GR CH ‘PR’ TURKEY CREEK BLUE CRITTER
-------------------CH NT CH 'PR' POWELL'S BLUE BJ (BULLET X BECKY)
-----------'PR' ECHO VALLEY'S BLUE MAX
--------------------CH NT CH 'PR' TURKEY CREEK BLUE FANNY
------CH 'PR' TURKEY CREEK BLUE ROBIN
-------------------NT CH GREENBRIER BLUE TIGE
------------'PR' ECHO VALLEY BLUE BONNIE
-------------------'PR' GREENBRIER BLUE SALLY

So Critter was doubled up on Fanny and then they did an Aunt/nephew with Sky and Critter? They must have thought highly of what Fanny brought to the table. What does the Echo Valley Blue Bonnie bloodline go back to?

Old Post 12-02-2016 04:24 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Vic

quote:
So Critter was doubled up on Fanny and then they did an Aunt/nephew with Sky and Critter? They must have thought highly of what Fanny brought to the table. What does the Echo Valley Blue Bonnie bloodline go back to?

------------------FCH GR NT CH GRCH 'PR' VINING RUNNIN BULLET
-----------GR NT CH 'PR' RUNNIN GUN
------------------CH NT CH 'PR' HONEYRUN BECKY
------NT CH 'PR' TURKEY CREEK BLUE WHITIE
------------------GR CH 'PR' TURKEY BLUE ROCK
-----------CH NT CH 'PR' TURKEY CREEK BLUE FANNY
------------------'PR' TURKEY ROSE ROSE
--GR NT CH GR CH ‘PR’ TURKEY CREEK BLUE CRITTER
-------------------CH NT CH 'PR' POWELL'S BLUE BJ (BULLET X BECKY)
-----------'PR' ECHO VALLEY'S BLUE MAX
--------------------CH NT CH 'PR' TURKEY CREEK BLUE FANNY
------CH 'PR' TURKEY CREEK BLUE ROBIN
-------------------NT CH GREENBRIER BLUE TIGE
------------'PR' ECHO VALLEY BLUE BONNIE
-------------------'PR' GREENBRIER BLUE SALLY

MALE DOG YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

-------------------NT CH 'PR' SMOKEY RIVER JB's CHIEF
------------FCH GR NT CH GRCH 'PR' VINING RUNNIN BULLET
-------------------GR NT CH CH 'PR' SMOKEY RIVER CRAZYS BLUE FLY
------GR NT CH 'PR' RUNNIN GUN
-------------------GR NT CH 'PR' NORTHER BLUE JET V
------------CH NT CH 'PR' HONEYRUN BECKY
-------------------NT CH 'PR' TURKEY CREEK MANDY
--GR NT CH 'PR' BRUSH CREEK BLUE SKY
-------------------CH 'PR' HONEY RUN HORN (BROTHER TO RATTLER)
------------GR CH 'PR' TURKEY BLUE ROCK
-------------------GR CH 'PR' TURKEY CREEK MOLLY I
------CH NT CH 'PR' TURKEY CREEK BLUE FANNY
-------------------GR NT CH 'PR' BRUSH CREEK CHIEF
------------'PR' TURKEY CREEK ROSE
-------------------CH 'PR' TURKEY CREEK MANDY II (SISTER TO HONEY RUN BECKY)

Not 100% sure about the old Bonnie female John. I would have to pick Tom McClary's brain to see if he could fill in the blanks. Old Fanny was a good coon treeing & reproducing gyp. She was around 2 years old when I first hunted with her. She had one of the loudest mouths I had ever heard on a female at that time. She would put most male dogs to shame. Fanny was tight on the ground, but not silent or semi-silent by any means. She was a pull pressure tree dog & pretty dang accurate. The one draw back I've personally experienced with doubling up on this breeding is some of the dogs being a little quirky / odd turned.

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 12-02-2016 10:01 PM
Roush_union76
UKC Forum Member

Ntch grch davisson's blue pride
Ellyson's wildwood pride I
Ntch hitt's wildwood suzy
Greenbrier blue tige
Adkins bl dog III
Ellyson's blue misty
Blue diamond
Echo valley blue Bonnie
Grntch northern blue hammer VIII
Blue Kentucky thunder
Ch northern blue Janis
Greenbrier blue sally
Grntch kittell's blue bandit I
Clay's northern blue Kelly
Beaver valley spider ( Payton's tx bl bomber x Gullett's blue candy) I know Johnny Gullett was very fond of this cross and if memory servers correctly candy was old Brushcreek blood.

Old Post 12-02-2016 11:44 PM
Roush_union76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roush_union76 Click here to Send Roush_union76 a Private Message Find more posts by Roush_union76 Add Roush_union76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Roush_union76
Ntch grch davisson's blue pride
Ellyson's wildwood pride I
Ntch hitt's wildwood suzy
Greenbrier blue tige
Adkins bl dog III
Ellyson's blue misty
Blue diamond
Echo valley blue Bonnie
Grntch northern blue hammer VIII
Blue Kentucky thunder
Ch northern blue Janis
Greenbrier blue sally
Grntch kittell's blue bandit I
Clay's northern blue Kelly
Beaver valley spider ( Payton's tx bl bomber x Gullett's blue candy) I know Johnny Gullett was very fond of this cross and if memory servers correctly candy was old Brushcreek blood.

Thank you Deric! You and your dad go back a good ways with these ole blue dogs too! You been pestering those Adams County coon any? Been laid up this week myself, letting slug season come and go, then gonna hit it a lick!

Ole Snowball is dripping blood! Be 3 weeks more for her! LOL

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 12-03-2016 12:07 AM
Roush_union76
UKC Forum Member

Your welcome Vic, yeah spent a few nights with Johnny Gullet and steel. Spent lots of nights and days with Dean Gaffin. Lots of Dean's crosses a ways back in in these dogs. He had a lot of brush creek blue mixed with hussler and blue river boomer. We never hunt during or soon after gun season either Vic, to much trouble to be had. Thanksgiving night I believe Bell done the best job we've seen from her yet, took an old feeder track across some big water into nice timber checked trees and got hooked with a pair. They were so high my red wouldn't shine up to them. Lol, the spotlight was definitely handy. Curly Bill showed a lot of interest in that tree. I feel ya,Bell is due in around 2 weeks.

Old Post 12-03-2016 01:09 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Vic. The breeding should be there.

Old Post 12-03-2016 01:12 AM
Santini 72
UKC Forum Member

Vic,

Was the Sky female and your Annie female littermates ? Who owned her and put the Brush Creek name on her ? Does anyone around us hunt dogs out of the cross with her and Critter ? Thanks
Sandy

Old Post 12-06-2016 05:40 PM
Santini 72 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Santini 72 Click here to Send Santini 72 a Private Message Find more posts by Santini 72 Add Santini 72 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Vic

Got to hunt Elmer, the male out of Critter and Sky, Sunday night. He has only been out 6 times in the last year and a half and was in the dog box for a couple of hours before we got to turn out. Turned him loose up a holler and he made a circle about 250 yards and checked back in, so I headed him back in there and told him to get going. He went straight up a big hill, circled around the ridge above the next holler and it looked like on the garmin he was working a track about 500 yards away so we got in the truck and drove down the road. When we stopped the garmin showed him treed so we listened and he was treed about 320 yards from there up on the ridge on the other side of the hill and also the holler that we turned him out in. I would say he had covered 800 or 900 yards of ground to get treed. Went to him and he had a coon that we saw in a den tree. Didn't get to hear him track but he sounded very solid on the tree and didn't act like he was going anywhere as it took us a little while to get to him up on the ridge where he was at. I'm not as young and quick as I used to be but he wasn't going anywhere. Elmer has the a very unique tree mouth that sounds like there are two dogs treeing instead of one. Never heard anything like his tree mouth before. He has one bark that is a deep chop and one that is a sharper chop that don't sound anything like each other and he can intermingle them while he is treeing. I'd say he has an average mouth but either of his barks on the tree carries good. He is a really big monkey faced dog that I would guess weighs around 90 pounds but is built pretty good for that size of a dag and he is medium colored. Justin Adkins of Wayne, WV will be his new owner along with a 2 year old male dog out of Elmer that is just started because the previous owner of him and Elmer wasn't able to hunt due to his job. The 2 year old, Brummy, is out of a female out of Brussel Sprouts Roast (marmack bred) and Egglestons Storm (if I am right on Storm) and she was Droop bred if I remember the papers correctly. The 2 year old is a really nice looking dog and I can tell already from just being around him that he will make something. They are both at my place now until Justin is able to come get them and then we will see how they can do in the mountains of West Virginia where the coon are thin and the hills are steep.

Old Post 12-06-2016 06:37 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Elmer

Brummy

Old Post 12-06-2016 06:47 PM
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Santini 72
Vic,

Was the Sky female and your Annie female littermates ? Who owned her and put the Brush Creek name on her ? Does anyone around us hunt dogs out of the cross with her and Critter ? Thanks
Sandy

Hi Sandy, Sky was from the 1st cross of Runnin Gun x Fanny, my Annie female was from the 2nd cross. Full sisters, just different litters.

Paul Brown (same guy your Bell female came from) owns Sky. I'm not sure if she is still alive or not. They were born I think in June of 2004, so she would be 12-1/2 years old if she is still alive. I got to hunt with Sky several times, very nice coon treeing female!

I am not aware of any of the Critter x Sky offspring owned or being hunted by anyone around our area. Tom McClary would be the best man to ask that question to.

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 12-06-2016 11:08 PM
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Re: Vic

quote:
Got to hunt Elmer, the male out of Critter and Sky, Sunday night. He has only been out 6 times in the last year and a half and was in the dog box for a couple of hours before we got to turn out. Turned him loose up a holler and he made a circle about 250 yards and checked back in, so I headed him back in there and told him to get going. He went straight up a big hill, circled around the ridge above the next holler and it looked like on the garmin he was working a track about 500 yards away so we got in the truck and drove down the road. When we stopped the garmin showed him treed so we listened and he was treed about 320 yards from there up on the ridge on the other side of the hill and also the holler that we turned him out in. I would say he had covered 800 or 900 yards of ground to get treed. Went to him and he had a coon that we saw in a den tree. Didn't get to hear him track but he sounded very solid on the tree and didn't act like he was going anywhere as it took us a little while to get to him up on the ridge where he was at. I'm not as young and quick as I used to be but he wasn't going anywhere. Elmer has the a very unique tree mouth that sounds like there are two dogs treeing instead of one. Never heard anything like his tree mouth before. He has one bark that is a deep chop and one that is a sharper chop that don't sound anything like each other and he can intermingle them while he is treeing. I'd say he has an average mouth but either of his barks on the tree carries good. He is a really big monkey faced dog that I would guess weighs around 90 pounds but is built pretty good for that size of a dag and he is medium colored. Justin Adkins of Wayne, WV will be his new owner along with a 2 year old male dog out of Elmer that is just started because the previous owner of him and Elmer wasn't able to hunt due to his job. The 2 year old, Brummy, is out of a female out of Brussel Sprouts Roast (marmack bred) and Egglestons Storm (if I am right on Storm) and she was Droop bred if I remember the papers correctly. The 2 year old is a really nice looking dog and I can tell already from just being around him that he will make something. They are both at my place now until Justin is able to come get them and then we will see how they can do in the mountains of West Virginia where the coon are thin and the hills are steep.

Sounds alright John!

I would say once the dog gets settled in he may operate even better. Some of them take a little time to adjust. The vast majority of those dogs I have been around are pressure tree dogs, so a person doesn't have to worry about hurrying into a tree.

I hope both hounds end up doing well for Justin! Thank you for keeping me updated!

Take care,
Vic

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 12-06-2016 11:15 PM
Santini 72
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Vic,
I remember Tom telling me of a nice female. Something about being knocked off a cliff and then died a day or so later. I believe she belonged to the Brown's. I am not 100% sure on this. I will check with Tom to be sure. I've not seen him in a while need to stop by. Thanks for all you help.
Sandy

Old Post 12-07-2016 11:32 AM
Santini 72 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Santini 72 Click here to Send Santini 72 a Private Message Find more posts by Santini 72 Add Santini 72 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Santini 72
Thanks Vic,
I remember Tom telling me of a nice female. Something about being knocked off a cliff and then died a day or so later. I believe she belonged to the Brown's. I am not 100% sure on this. I will check with Tom to be sure. I've not seen him in a while need to stop by. Thanks for all you help.
Sandy

I believe the female you are talking about that ended up dying early was out of Sky & Mark Baer's male dog, not sure of his name, Outlaw maybe?

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 12-07-2016 02:39 PM
Santini 72
UKC Forum Member

Vic,
You are probably right. I am going to start a journal to help me keep track of these old blue dogs. When I was younger I could keep track of these dogs. Getting older, can't do it anymore. Glad you younger guys are around to help me out. I truly appreciate it. Thanks again.
Sandy

Old Post 12-07-2016 02:53 PM