UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > Why Redbones
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tim Gump
UKC Forum Member

Why Redbones

Why do you hunt Redbones over the other breeds?
Are you a Comp hunter or pleasure hunter?
What type of hound do you like ( deep hunting) hard tree dog, tight on track on and on .
Thanks

Grnite ch Lil Chic Weed
Grnite ch ch PKC ch Tree Bustin Molly Nite ch Lone Pine Ladybug

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-19-2020 09:02 PM
Tim Gump is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Gump Click here to Send Tim Gump a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Gump Visit Tim Gump's homepage! Find more posts by Tim Gump Add Tim Gump to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rush Run Rebel
UKC Forum Member

why a Redbone

Tim, I probably like the Redbones because that is what I grew up around. These Redbones now seem to be a different type dog than what I had as a kid? The dogs we had were very good track dogs and OK tree dogs, pretty trashy and hard to keep off deer......that was then. I will probably regret saying this but, the dogs I have now are track pounders and don't straddle, but move out very good, and excellent tree minded dogs, even at 3-4 months they are checking trees on short walks in the woods.....I have some young dogs that are treeing their own at under 1yr and that just did not happen when I was a kid. My dad and others insisted that you didn't have a dog until they were 5yrs old? I like the personality of most of my dogs, they try very hard to please after they make up to you, they do not take harsh correction, but just a tone of voice usually works. I comp hunt some, but mostly training dogs and pleasure hunting. I do not like a dog that has to go deep and pass up coons, wont allow it. that is my biggest complaint about comp hunting, horse race to 1 mile and walk the hunt out.....that is not my idea of hunting and or fun. if you ever want to get together give me a shout, you just live over the hill.....one thing I think that you will hear about red dogs, they are not consistent, but I really don't think any dogs really are on every night, sort of like people. I will not have a dog that stands on his head either trying to turn a cold track hot, but do have some good nosed hounds right now. and thank you Tim for your service and sacrifice for our Country!

724-415-7335

Old Post 01-20-2020 01:13 PM
Rush Run Rebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rush Run Rebel Click here to Send Rush Run Rebel a Private Message Click Here to Email Rush Run Rebel Find more posts by Rush Run Rebel Add Rush Run Rebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Gump
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Mr Johnston. And yes we will have to get out one of these nights I haven't been out much this year. I think I've been out once since the hunt we had in Nov.

Grnite ch Lil Chic Weed

Old Post 01-29-2020 02:39 AM
Tim Gump is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Gump Click here to Send Tim Gump a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Gump Visit Tim Gump's homepage! Find more posts by Tim Gump Add Tim Gump to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pastorgary
UKC Forum Member

I'm crazy.

Hello Tim,

How's Catch doing these days?

So to answer your question as simply as I can put it. I read "Where the Red Fern Grows," as a kid. From that point on I was kinda hooked on Redbones. lol

As I believe you can give testimony that I have owned a really nice Walker hound but for some reason I kept looking back to the red dogs and the only way I can explain it is no matter how much I tried to hunt a Walker I found myself thinking if I could find a red dog that hunts like this I'd be happy. I'm have been close but still looking!

Old Post 01-30-2020 04:04 PM
pastorgary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pastorgary Click here to Send pastorgary a Private Message Click Here to Email pastorgary Visit pastorgary's homepage! Find more posts by pastorgary Add pastorgary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ING 194
UKC Forum Member

I'd have to say the movie hooked me also.

Old Post 01-30-2020 06:44 PM
ING 194 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ING 194 Click here to Send ING 194 a Private Message Find more posts by ING 194 Add ING 194 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
qchounds
UKC Forum Member

Got lucky with a great first hound that happened to be a redbone...

Old Post 01-31-2020 01:00 AM
qchounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for qchounds Click here to Send qchounds a Private Message Click Here to Email qchounds Find more posts by qchounds Add qchounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Gump
UKC Forum Member

Gary Catch is doing good I think she may be mad at me thou I haven't had her out much this fall/winter but that's about to change.

Grnite ch Lil Chic Weed

Old Post 01-31-2020 01:12 AM