UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Who Wants Change
Left alone or change
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Left alone 82 60.74%
Change 53 39.26%
Total: 135 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MR.RATMAN
Banned

Who Wants Change

Who wants things left the way they are with the hunts ????
Who wants to see state race, breed race, 10 cast wins for ntch, 10 more cast wins for grnt, all dogs hunt together, 2hr hunts weekends only

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Last edited by MR.RATMAN on 03-17-2018 at 03:16 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-17-2018 03:13 AM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

One problem with a poll like this is a big part of the people on this board hunt in a hunt once in a great while or never. They will not have the same needs or want as people who are regulars at the hunts. I don't think it will be a true representation of the people that actually go to the hunts.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 03-17-2018 05:25 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

X2 joey I am one of those 90% Pleasure hunter 10% comp hunter.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 03-17-2018 09:18 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alan Brown
Banned

You want numbers up, you better get more people hunting, cause the ones hunting now are mostly set in their ways. Plus not as many people hunt period, for one reason or another..

Old Post 03-17-2018 01:59 PM
Alan Brown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alan Brown Click here to Send Alan Brown a Private Message Find more posts by Alan Brown Add Alan Brown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimmy
UKC Forum Member

Maybe just give participation points. Go to 10 hunts, automatic nite champ. Go to 10 more, instant grand nite. Reminds me a lot of horse racing's triple crown, hadn't been done in a long time so some wanted to make it easier. Would make the title worthless then in my opinion.

Jimmy

Old Post 03-18-2018 04:15 PM
jimmy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jimmy Click here to Send jimmy a Private Message Click Here to Email jimmy Find more posts by jimmy Add jimmy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAH
Banned

People say titles are cheap now.Just cast wins would make them even cheaper.Do away with the 100 points and one first place win to make nite champion and five first place wins to make grand nite.Make it so they have to get 10 first place wins for nite champion and 20 first place wins to make grand nite

Old Post 03-18-2018 04:27 PM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

If there was a state and breed race with all dogs hunting together including Grnt I would think getting 10 cast wins would make it harder to get a title. It also gets the GRNT's back into the UKC hunts

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Old Post 03-18-2018 04:50 PM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

Put this poll on Facebook or Twitter or somewhere the younger generation looks and see what kind of #s ya get..

Old Post 03-18-2018 07:46 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Maybe it has nothing to do with the rules or changing the rules etc. , but what type of dog people enjoy hunting. quite a few hunters most of my regular hunting buddies they all have Garmins , their dogs hunt about a half mile then check back in we load up then move. No straight line hunting, their dogs usually come greet us at the tree a no no in some kc's so I have heard, no running the tree, tree jacking etc. They just like a different style of dog. In a lot of cases that style will not win in todays competition circles. I am not saying there is anything wrong with todays competition hounds because they are coon dogs, they are just a different style than some people want. Some like track dogs that tree , and some prefer tree dogs that can track. I think the HTX program was a step trying to get more people involved same with senior citizens cast etc. What ever UKC or any kc does or does not do needs to be well thought out, you just can't be picking up turds and throwing it up against the wall just to see if it sticks.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 03-18-2018 08:09 PM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Every question/poll like this is usually all about making UKC more like PKC.. IF you want hunts run like PKC THEN GO HUNT PKC!

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 03-18-2018 08:21 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by HOBO
Every question/poll like this is usually all about making UKC more like PKC.. IF you want hunts run like PKC THEN GO HUNT PKC!
I think some folks would like to see the downward trend at the local hunts slowed by any means including doing some things that work for other kennel clubs. No big deal, why not?

Old Post 03-18-2018 09:22 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rooster731
UKC Forum Member

Most already have, thats why this discussion keeps coming up

Old Post 03-18-2018 09:27 PM
rooster731 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rooster731 Click here to Send rooster731 a Private Message Find more posts by rooster731 Add rooster731 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Don't worry most of us do. Not many around here hunt both. But how can you say that the high scoring dog was the best dog, when it gets hunted on buckets? Vs the dog that had to really work for 2 coon on his cast? Would it not make more sense to have elimination style hunts?

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 03-18-2018 10:03 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Did you read the posters question? Nothing even remotely close to PKC but even if it was the "if you don't like it go somewhere else" attitude is certainly not the answer.

We all know that the world is changing, kids are not interested and on and on and on with the reasons we are seeing declining numbers at the hunts. A huge factor is there are to many of them. Around 6000 hunts a year between all of them. The question is what can do about the stuff we can fix.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 03-18-2018 10:18 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Lets talk about the Gascon , Majestic, and I will even put the Blakesey Redones and Wagner Black-n Tans in the same category these guys and gals hunt and of the few I have been hunting with they are pretty decent hounds, but a different style is all , some are slow on track but some are pretty dang fast as well big does not always mean slow, I have seen some smaller dogs out of all grand pedigrees that look like they are built for speed mud hole and boohoo a track to death. We are all coon/cat/ big game hunters etc. It is just the species we hunt and style of dog we like that separates us more so than breed or KC.

Old Post 03-18-2018 11:53 PM
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

I like the races.

But, numbers are not gonna go up by making each dog get more wins to make GrNtCh. You see the same guys at the hunts all the time. They finish one and get another. You need to figure out how to get the $$$ hunting guys to hunt more UKC hunts. Also, need to figure out how to get more younger hunters involved in the competition hunts instead of pleasure hunting and shooting. Just get more younger folks involved in hunting would be great!

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Last edited by Kenneth Tavares on 03-19-2018 at 01:39 AM

Old Post 03-19-2018 12:14 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

good post Kenneth.

Old Post 03-19-2018 01:01 AM
rooster731
UKC Forum Member

If i was a young hunter or a kid reading through some of the statements on some of these threads it wouldnt take me long to decide i wasnt respected at a ukc club. Every thread started eventually leads to bad mouthing the younger generation. There is 1 hunt annually for kids around here that i know of in ukc. It is a non sanctioned hunt ran in conjunction with the st jude hunt. My 9 year old has entered the last 3 years and loves it. Its the only one around close that i know of but on the other hand i could take him to a youth hunt any weekend with $kc. The actions of most ukc clubs around here echo the statements of this board. That the youth are lazy bums who want everything handed to them. In alot of cases it may be true but i would try posting it somewhere besides here and trashing the few young hunters left here in here to read it.

Old Post 03-19-2018 04:11 AM
rooster731 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rooster731 Click here to Send rooster731 a Private Message Find more posts by rooster731 Add rooster731 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Philip
UKC Forum Member

Five wins to ten, seems drastic But more wins to be a grand might be good, if you added a first second third nite champ system? Every one else adding dumb ideas. Lol.
I am beat after one round, never cared to go back out. Some DO I know.

Old Post 03-19-2018 10:29 PM
Philip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Philip Click here to Send Philip a Private Message Click Here to Email Philip Visit Philip's homepage! Find more posts by Philip Add Philip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jawgaboy
UKC Forum Member

Money in the hunters pocket is what UKC needs to work on because they have plenty in their pocket!

coontreeboy@gmail.com
NITECH Cody’s County Line Pepper

Old Post 03-20-2018 12:03 AM
jawgaboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawgaboy Click here to Send jawgaboy a Private Message Click Here to Email jawgaboy Visit jawgaboy's homepage! Find more posts by jawgaboy Add jawgaboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

Money is said to be the root of all evil, its also extremely motivational. I know when the points had significant value there was more crossover hunters than now..

Old Post 03-20-2018 01:03 AM
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
Don't worry most of us do. Not many around here hunt both. But how can you say that the high scoring dog was the best dog, when it gets hunted on buckets? Vs the dog that had to really work for 2 coon on his cast? Would it not make more sense to have elimination style hunts?

Is there no coon in NY or does someone around you really run buckets you don't like? lol You really seem to have bad taste for this from what I have read.

-2004 PKC Youth World Hunt, 3rd place
-2005 UKC PA State Overall Show Champion
-2007 UKC Youh National Hunt, 3rd place

-PKC Silver Ch, GRNTCH 'pr' Tree Stalkins Stylish Striker

Old Post 03-20-2018 01:14 AM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dean jamerson
UKC Forum Member

There are a significant amount of young people hunting in my area, you will see quite a few poundage hunts during the winter, very few huntbin locensed night hunt, went by a qualifing hunt the other night and looked like a senior citizen gathering. Now the fox dog world, thats where the youth is, guys going to fox pens and field trials, nice trucks, otr dog boxes, yetti coolers, and its seems like it would be a pretty expensive sport to be a part of, what attracts young guys and girls to that, answer that question and you may have hit a gold mine!

Old Post 03-20-2018 12:27 PM
dean jamerson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dean jamerson Click here to Send dean jamerson a Private Message Click Here to Email dean jamerson Find more posts by dean jamerson Add dean jamerson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Free cold beer parking lots will be full and they will spend all their money while they are there.

Tar

Old Post 03-20-2018 01:01 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dean jamerson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Free cold beer parking lots will be full and they will spend all their money while they are there.

Tar

I think you are on to something here!

Old Post 03-20-2018 01:34 PM
dean jamerson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dean jamerson Click here to Send dean jamerson a Private Message Click Here to Email dean jamerson Find more posts by dean jamerson Add dean jamerson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote