UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Indiana Shep
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Saddle Creek
UKC Forum Member

I cannot remember her bottom side pedigree. I bought her from Steve O'Brien, it was at the first or second Winter Classic in Albany Ga. The Winter Classic was held in a different location back then, we (vendors) all set up outside on each side of a lane behind the club building, it was a very nice facility. I can still picture ole Sheba tied to the fence and talking to Steve. I made a life long friend with Steve and he sold me a pretty fair ole female !!! I wish I knew where I could find another ole female like Sheba, I really enjoyed that dog, and she done her share of winning. I saw Dohoney's Mike mentioned on this thread, I bred Sheba to Mike, lost track of the pups though.

Greg Lavender
Milledgeville,Ga.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-27-2011 06:04 PM
Saddle Creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Saddle Creek Click here to Send Saddle Creek a Private Message Find more posts by Saddle Creek Add Saddle Creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

Hi Greg, That Steve is a pretty good guy, don`t tell him that though.....lol
Greg, did you ever hear anything about Mighty Joe?

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 03-27-2011 06:28 PM
Mike Van Dusen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Van Dusen Click here to Send Mike Van Dusen a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Van Dusen Find more posts by Mike Van Dusen Add Mike Van Dusen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Saddle Creek
UKC Forum Member

No, I have a few leads, Still looking. I appreciate you asking, You been doing well ?

Thanks,
Greg Lavender

Old Post 03-27-2011 08:59 PM
Saddle Creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Saddle Creek Click here to Send Saddle Creek a Private Message Find more posts by Saddle Creek Add Saddle Creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

Yes I am doing good.
I hope you find Joe,I hated hearing about that.
When are you coming back up this way.I heard you guys had a real good time!

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 03-27-2011 09:10 PM
Mike Van Dusen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Van Dusen Click here to Send Mike Van Dusen a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Van Dusen Find more posts by Mike Van Dusen Add Mike Van Dusen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

I Like LOUD Track Drive'n Hounds U bet

--------- Gr Nite Ch Owens' Hardwood Bozo
--- Gr Nite Ch Hardwood Buster
~~~~* Mark's Kaw River Bell ? ~~~* Kaw River Chief off House's Chief
Nite Ch Flatrock Coma
-------- Gr Nite Ch River Bend Flag
--- Nite Ch Nickens' Flat Rock Sheena
-------- Rocky Valley Candy

---------------NTCH Flatrock Coma
------------GRNTCH Stylish Coma
----------------NTCH Stylish Dolly
-----NTCH Deventer's Hog Creek Mike
----------------GRNTCH Nocturnal Nailor
------------'PR' Deventer's Hammerin' Hanna????Some of Shep here??
----------------NTCH Murrow's Slam Duncken Sally
WLDNTCH Janis Joplin
----------------'PR' Deventer's Mork
------------'PR' Deventer's Dan
----------------'PR' Gabbard's Dusty
-----NTCH Deventer's Katey
----------------GRNTCH Nocturnal Nailor
------------'PR' Deventer's Hammerin' Hanna
----------------NTCH Murrow's Slam Dunken Sally

( Currently ) I have found there is a lot more Shep descendants out there than I realized. This is great, I just knew he would Reproduce! I thought about The Shep often when I heard other hunters talking about coonhunting or browse Full Cry or American Cooner mags that I would find on other tradesmen's tool boxes ,while I worked in the Chrysler plant. All ways had that burn for coon hounds even when i didn't have a one.

Last edited by II Chance on 03-29-2011 at 04:01 PM

Old Post 03-28-2011 02:20 AM
II Chance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for II Chance Click here to Send II Chance a Private Message Find more posts by II Chance Add II Chance to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Shep x Deventer's Penny

Read story in AMERICAN COONER Feb. 1, 2011 volume 70 No.2 page 119. Russ Bellar has had several partners over the years and some extremely great handlers. Since I was the no name guy, Clifford Reffitt, who worked for Russ through some of the very rough years and was his Coonhunting sidekick through mid to late 70's. Through Russ' Black & Tan days, Then back to Walkers when The Shep came along, those where some very great times for me. Just before Wayne Green and Kenny Moore. I went my way, but we are still good friends. I am amazed at what Russ & The Shep accomplished, and what Russ has accomplished up to the present, but not surprised. 30 + years later, Russ has helped My Grandson and me get started in the Coonhound world again. My Grandson Braxton Rentschler, will hopefully be a good handler for me. Thanks Russ, II Chance! (*_*)

Last edited by II Chance on 03-30-2011 at 07:45 PM

Old Post 03-29-2011 12:15 PM
II Chance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for II Chance Click here to Send II Chance a Private Message Find more posts by II Chance Add II Chance to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Jim

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Mike Yoder up in Shipshe is hunting a pup off Shep X Gabby right now. Talked to him last night. The pup is coming along. Runs anything that lays a track and likes to trail more than tree which isn't such a bad thing.

Jim, If you see this QUOTE, wondering if Mr. Yorder has a picture of Him, The Shep youngster. Would like to see Him.

Old Post 03-29-2011 12:56 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Next time I'm up there I'll take a pic of the pup and post it for yah.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 03-29-2011 03:37 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Jim

That would be Great!

Old Post 03-29-2011 04:06 PM
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Shep x Sally was first time he was crossed 1976 or 77

quote:
Originally posted by Saddle Creek
Way back in the 80's, I owned a very nice female out of Shep, her name was( Shoot Em Out Sheba ). I wish I could find some of that bloodline.

Greg Lavender
Milledgeville, Ga.

Sally granddaughter of Gann's Finisher, this little bitch was a goodin'. Was cold nosed, would open quick and take that track and drift, open here and there then drive it to the tree and locate extremely fast and accurate. I think she could heard the coon climbing, throw her head up and locate 30 feet from that tree. If she crossed another coon trail, after i shot out the coon she treed, she would take off and go get on that trail and tree it. She done this often before she was a year old. Only dog i ever saw beat, The Shep on First treed on a running track.

Last edited by II Chance on 03-30-2011 at 08:34 PM

Old Post 03-29-2011 05:22 PM
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Shep x Penny's Lou-Indiana Dusty

……………………………………………………………Bellar’s Handsom Harry
……………………………………..Bellar’s Lonesome Saigon
…………………………………………………………….Doss’ Yadkin River Shadow
………………………Bellar’s Psycho
…………………………………………………………….Bellar’s Pac-Man
……………………………………..Egli’s Hard Goin’ Shelia..........Bellar's Indiana Shep**
…………………………………………………………….Bellar’s Indiana Dusty - Denventer's Lou**
WNC Bellar’s Gabby..................................................Deventer's Penny**
…………………………………………………………….Bellar’s Handsom Harry
……………………………………..Harry’s Hustler
…………………………………………………………….Walters’ Judy
……………………….Wabash River Hustlin Hooker
…………………………………………………………….Combs’ Drifter
……………………………………...Jacobs’ Hard Going Josie
…………………………………………………………….Comb’s Texas Kattie

Jim Says:
Next time I'm up there I'll take a pic of the pup and post it for yah. The Shep x Gabby youngster.
Thanks Jim

Last edited by II Chance on 03-31-2011 at 02:22 AM

Old Post 03-30-2011 05:52 AM
elvis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Shep x Penny's Lou-Indiana Dusty

quote:
Originally posted by II Chance
……………………………………………………………Bellar’s Handsom Harry
……………………………………..Bellar’s Lonesome Saigon
…………………………………………………………….Doss’ Yadkin River Shadow
………………………Bellar’s Psycho
…………………………………………………………….Bellar’s Pac-Man
……………………………………..Egli’s Hard Goin’ Shelia..........Bellar's Indiana Shep**
…………………………………………………………….Bellar’s Indiana Dusty - Denventer's Lou**
WNC Bellar’s Gabby..................................................Deventer's Penny**
…………………………………………………………….Bellar’s Handsom Harry
……………………………………..Harry’s Hustler
…………………………………………………………….Walters’ Judy
……………………….Wabash River Hustlin Hooker
…………………………………………………………….Combs’ Drifter
……………………………………...Jacobs’ Hard Going Josie
…………………………………………………………….Comb’s Texas Kattie

Jim Says:
Next time I'm up there I'll take a pic of the pup and post it for yah. The Shep x Gabby youngster.
Thanks Jim

chance
im bringing the dog home sometime this week yet.
you can stop by and see him for yourself.

Old Post 03-31-2011 03:22 AM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Elvis

Thats a deal just tell me what day and time is best for you, would like to see him early in the Day, I've been working for a School Teacher/ Farmer at 5:00 PM evenings . thanks Friend.

Last edited by II Chance on 03-31-2011 at 05:51 AM

Old Post 03-31-2011 05:31 AM
Nelson Kirkland
UKC Forum Member

Chance, I hunted with Shep back when he was the mascot for the Cincinnati Reds (LOL)! We could sure use some of that tracking and sense in our hounds today.

Old Post 04-01-2011 04:12 PM
Nelson Kirkland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nelson Kirkland Click here to Send Nelson Kirkland a Private Message Find more posts by Nelson Kirkland Add Nelson Kirkland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Nelson

I didn't know that! The Shep was a Mascot. Now I see The Shep got around. He Has made some friends for me already. Add you to the list ok? We might meet someday. Great guys that Marv (elvis) and Russ. Just can't say enought about Russ and My passed adventrues, and the good things he has done for me, way back then and the present.

Last edited by II Chance on 04-04-2011 at 03:33 PM

Old Post 04-01-2011 06:09 PM
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

THE SHEPSTER'

Shep semen pup;
Nice looking hound marked up like is DAM; BELLAR's WORLD CHAMPION GABBY female. He has a good mouth, bawl and chop, that he will learn to use to tell the handler what he's doing. I do see some of The Shep's Traits in him, when he gets a track worked up to move. Heard him last night make a half bark in a stand of some huge white oaks, drifted, next time he opened he was working a feeding track about 250 yrds away, along a dig that had been dredged about ten years ago. It's was kinda ruff in there but he worked the track up, done a Shep sprint along a small bank of timber and then a nice locate bwal turn too chop. He had the meat on a tall willow tree. I think my Grandson and his buddy Rob Nuckles, Loves him, The Shepster'! Don't tell Russ, I wana kept him for awhile. Don't get me wrong every drop was not this good, put one in a dozed lod jam, treed on two dens, one other on the outside. I'll work on some of his not so good points. Russ says "you can hunt him" but, BUT I HAVE HIM IN MY PEN. LOL

Last edited by II Chance on 04-03-2011 at 12:37 PM

Old Post 04-02-2011 12:42 PM
tubby1111
UKC Forum Member

What is Russ hunting these days? Have not heard much out of him since Red was killed. I am sure its a good one.

Old Post 04-02-2011 06:21 PM
tubby1111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tubby1111 Click here to Send tubby1111 a Private Message Click Here to Email tubby1111 Find more posts by tubby1111 Add tubby1111 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Hunting

I havn't saw him hunting anything, I really don't talk to him about what he is hunting. I am thinking he don't have anything to satisfy him, or a young hound ready. I guess I should add, he has several that would satisfy me.

Last edited by II Chance on 04-03-2011 at 12:51 PM

Old Post 04-02-2011 10:46 PM
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Tracking system

Thanks Marv for lending me your tracking system. The Shepster' got on a running boar coon, after we, me and The Shepster' had a little session about what I thought he should be doing! Me and The Grandson Braxton Rentschler, found him treed 2 miles from the small patch of woods where we unsnapped him. Tonite was the first time I have used a tracking system, with Marv's tips he showed me, The TS was a life saver in that wind. Remember when you all first used the tracking systems for the first time. Another valuable tool the hunters of today have. I just ordered a Garmin Astro DC40 system, recommended by Russ Bellar.

Last edited by II Chance on 04-04-2011 at 05:33 PM

Old Post 04-04-2011 05:27 AM
Steve O'Brien
UKC Forum Member

The SHEBA dog was bred DUALL GRAND STRONG RIVER BART on the bottom side, don't ask me how I new that , it was a long time ago!!!!!

Old Post 04-06-2011 03:31 AM
Steve O'Brien is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve O'Brien Click here to Send Steve O'Brien a Private Message Find more posts by Steve O'Brien Add Steve O'Brien to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

THE SHEPSTER'

Last night I saw some of The Shep's traits at work. The pup treed to coon without fetching a bark on track, strange because this pup love to bark on track? I think this young hound will make some waves later this year or next spring. He loves attention, every barks in the pen and simpley acts like ole Shep.

Old Post 04-06-2011 04:12 AM
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steve O'Brien
The SHEBA dog was bred DUALL GRAND STRONG RIVER BART on the bottom side, don't ask me how I new that , it was a long time ago!!!!! [/QUOTE

Steve you are the man.....
Nothing wrong with your long term memory!
I know you loved that dog, she made a permanent impression on you!

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 04-06-2011 10:47 PM
Steve O'Brien
UKC Forum Member

MIKE, I will never forget her.!!!!!!! LOL.

Old Post 04-07-2011 02:26 AM
Steve O'Brien is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve O'Brien Click here to Send Steve O'Brien a Private Message Find more posts by Steve O'Brien Add Steve O'Brien to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

The Shepster'

Grandson and I just got home from our hunt, can't keep him out to late. Didn't take long for The Shepster' to get it on again tonite. Bought the Shepster' and me an all leather lead strap today. He seems to known what it's for, no messing around unsnap and gone like a bullet. Shepster hit the woods and opened, grandson says he is in there already I said yep his a burner now ant he, it's about 1/4 mile back there. He fetched a few more fast chops and then a short bawl, I said treed. It happened so quick
I tolded Braxton my Grandson coon had to climb or get eatin'. We walk back there started to shine and I said there it is, then I said what the H _ _
a darn buzzard open it's wings flew to the next tree. The coon was there a big one. First time I ever saw that. Snapped lead on him and pat him up good. Walked back by the truck and crossed the road and cut him lose again. We laid down in the grass long side a ditch bank that runs along another patch of timber. Then just a minute or two he opened at the back side of the timber. Drove that track kinda back in our direction and come treed again. I told Braxton, man The Shepster is on fire tonite. Took care of him, pat the pup down good. It's time to go.

Last edited by II Chance on 04-09-2011 at 10:48 PM

Old Post 04-07-2011 05:45 AM
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

Does bellar call this pup Lumber?
That name carries a legacy.....Great name,I hope he keeps it going for you!

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 04-07-2011 11:27 PM