UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Walker Days in SC?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GFW20
New UKC Forum Member

Walker Days in SC?

Never been to SETWD in SC. What should you expect? Are there many Vendors?

Thanks In Advance

Washington NC

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-22-2021 09:25 PM
GFW20 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GFW20 Click here to Send GFW20 a Private Message Click Here to Email GFW20 Find more posts by GFW20 Add GFW20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cleo
UKC Forum Member

They say there will be.

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Old Post 02-22-2021 10:49 PM
Cleo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cleo Click here to Send Cleo a Private Message Find more posts by Cleo Add Cleo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

There hasn’t been several vendors at SETWD’s for a couple years now. Yes there will be some there but if you’ve been when it was in Nc it won’t be like that.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 02-23-2021 12:37 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

As a vendor for many many years at Salisbury and now at Union its kinda hard to judge Union Just on vendors...At salibury we had Joe East out of business,Paul Sheffield has passed,Blazer Lights out Business,the gentleman that sold collars and leads across from me has since passed...75 percent who set up inside have either passed or aged out of the business..Not taking sides just facts..Wish their was a happy medium for everyone but as a vendor I have seen just about every breed association move events and for the majority it is hard to organize for a new event every year..Hopefully the people that do decide to show up and hunt will have a great time and the show people will do their thing.

Old Post 02-25-2021 01:17 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

I can't imagine vendors make any money at these events now a days. Pre-internet, sure.... hunters would likely do the bulk of their shopping at these events.... but for the most part aren't most people just ordering supplies on line?

Old Post 02-25-2021 02:05 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by houndsound
I can't imagine vendors make any money at these events now a days. Pre-internet, sure.... hunters would likely do the bulk of their shopping at these events.... but for the most part aren't most people just ordering supplies on line?

Vendors always made money at SETWD's until they moved it to Union SC and the crowds stopped showing up. Two years ago when I was last at SETWD's there was lots of craft/junk vendors but not very many real hunting supply vendors.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 02-25-2021 02:42 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by houndsound
Its definitely harder to make a living at these events these days But most of us still try to grind it out.We have a pretty decent crowd of vendors here this weekend..Cajun lights,crystal lights,bright eyes,sunspot is represented,k lights..Valley creek,big river,havoc,b and b,Gts,millingsport and few more inside that I have missed..Dog boxes are scarce as they were at orangeburg..Big load of dog houses..Hope everyone will have a great weekend!!

Old Post 02-26-2021 12:28 AM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Double L
UKC Forum Member

Vendors

Anyone know if there will be vendors that take trade in's?

Old Post 02-26-2021 11:29 PM
Double L is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Double L Click here to Send Double L a Private Message Click Here to Email Double L Find more posts by Double L Add Double L to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Re: Vendors

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Double L
Anyone know if there will be vendors that take trade in's? [/QUOTE
] Probably depends on what you are trading..Lights?? Garmin stuff?? Old shockers?? If you are looking new garmin stuff seems To be great sales going on all over the grounds..Seems to be plenty of new lights and boots to be had also.

Old Post 02-26-2021 11:50 PM
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Re: Vendors

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Double L
Anyone know if there will be vendors that take trade in's? [/QUOTE
] Probably depends on what you are trading..Lights?? Garmin stuff?? Old shockers?? If you are looking new garmin stuff seems To be great sales going on all over the grounds..Seems to be plenty of new lights and boots to be had also.

Old Post 02-26-2021 11:50 PM
Double L
UKC Forum Member

Vendors

Have astro 320 and 3 dc 40's,trash breaker pro with 2 collars looking for garmin 200 with 2 collars what kinda deal you think you could get?

Old Post 02-27-2021 02:07 AM
Double L is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Double L Click here to Send Double L a Private Message Click Here to Email Double L Find more posts by Double L Add Double L to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GFW20
New UKC Forum Member

We made the trip down. I’ve been out of coon hunting for about 8 years and man has technology changed a lot. I wanted to go and try some of the newer products (to me) and hold them. So overall we had a blast. My kids 8 and 4 had a blast playing with all the puppies and I was able to get a lot of questions answered on products and get a new tracking system. My little boy the 4 year old got some new froglegs and put 5 miles on em just at the fair grounds and was mighty upset he couldn’t wear to prek on Monday lol.

I was pleased. It was a nice little get away.

Washington NC

Old Post 03-04-2021 08:06 AM
GFW20 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GFW20 Click here to Send GFW20 a Private Message Click Here to Email GFW20 Find more posts by GFW20 Add GFW20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GFW20
We made the trip down. I’ve been out of coon hunting for about 8 years and man has technology changed a lot. I wanted to go and try some of the newer products (to me) and hold them. So overall we had a blast. My kids 8 and 4 had a blast playing with all the puppies and I was able to get a lot of questions answered on products and get a new tracking system. My little boy the 4 year old got some new froglegs and put 5 miles on em just at the fair grounds and was mighty upset he couldn’t wear to prek on Monday lol.

I was pleased. It was a nice little get away.

Glad to hear you had a blast..Not sure if I met yall or not at my location but their were alot of smiling kids walking around either blowing new squallers or with a new little light on their head..Definitely something for everyone that enjoys treehounds or likes to eat

Old Post 03-04-2021 12:37 PM