UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > New guy
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bluegrass guy
New UKC Forum Member

New guy

I’ve never owned a coon hound for myself but coon hunted often with some of my friends who had hounds of their own in my high school days and loved it. Starting to research some breed characteristics and blood lines hoping to find a match in the near future. I’m looking for a pleasure hound 0 interest in a Comp dog but would like for dog to be registered. Not looking for one to get a new zip code when I cut him loose. Close/ medium hunter and accurate. I’m interested in redbone dog but also don’t really have any preference. Any suggestion on breeds, bloodlines, proven crosses or kennels would be appreciated. I have 4 young sons of my own I’m wanting to get in the woods so I’m looking an older dog or at least a good started hound. One that will be a pleasure to hunt. Located in eastern ky
Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-24-2021 02:13 AM
Bluegrass guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluegrass guy Click here to Send Bluegrass guy a Private Message Find more posts by Bluegrass guy Add Bluegrass guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like you're on the right track with a older dog. It will be a good idea to hunt with the dog u plan on purchasing.

Old Post 02-24-2021 02:31 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

Yep make sure you see it under the eyes b4 you spend any 💰

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid! (John Wayne)

Old Post 02-24-2021 02:41 PM
bearhunter747 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearhunter747 Click here to Send bearhunter747 a Private Message Find more posts by bearhunter747 Add bearhunter747 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roco7452
UKC Forum Member

Re: New guy

quote:
Originally posted by Bluegrass guy
I’ve never owned a coon hound for myself but coon hunted often with some of my friends who had hounds of their own in my high school days and loved it. Starting to research some breed characteristics and blood lines hoping to find a match in the near future. I’m looking for a pleasure hound 0 interest in a Comp dog but would like for dog to be registered. Not looking for one to get a new zip code when I cut him loose. Close/ medium hunter and accurate. I’m interested in redbone dog but also don’t really have any preference. Any suggestion on breeds, bloodlines, proven crosses or kennels would be appreciated. I have 4 young sons of my own I’m wanting to get in the woods so I’m looking an older dog or at least a good started hound. One that will be a pleasure to hunt. Located in eastern ky
Thanks

Check out Brown Mountain Blueticks on Facebook.

Old Post 02-25-2021 02:53 AM
roco7452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roco7452 Click here to Send roco7452 a Private Message Click Here to Email roco7452 Find more posts by roco7452 Add roco7452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote