UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Boss patriot
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DAVE H
UKC Forum Member

Boss patriot

What are the good and bad about this light?
Like the idea of the dedomed option.
Thanks!

BLUE GHOST HAUNTED SKY

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-21-2021 08:27 PM
DAVE H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DAVE H Click here to Send DAVE H a Private Message Click Here to Email DAVE H Find more posts by DAVE H Add DAVE H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tripple river
UKC Forum Member

Love the yellow tint makes picking out coon from tree easier than the bright white light.bright wide walking light.made in USA.I went with patriot over some other lights because It had everything I wanted and was fairly light also.only bad is if something goes wrong they don’t take care of it in house.

Old Post 02-22-2021 01:01 AM
tripple river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tripple river Click here to Send tripple river a Private Message Click Here to Email tripple river Find more posts by tripple river Add tripple river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cole sensabaugh
UKC Forum Member

Agree with everything tripple river said. However, I did take my patriot in after I dropped it and messed something up in it. Kevin took it and fixed it right there, no charge. Great people to do business with.

Home of:
Nitech Ch“Pr” Big moneys piggy bank
Grnitech "pr" Rock Lick Smooth and Sassy HTX (r.i.p)

Old Post 02-22-2021 02:03 AM
Cole sensabaugh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cole sensabaugh Click here to Send Cole sensabaugh a Private Message Click Here to Email Cole sensabaugh Find more posts by Cole sensabaugh Add Cole sensabaugh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
syd
UKC Forum Member

I like mine better than any light I have had, have no complaints. I would buy another.

Gary Hicks

Old Post 02-22-2021 03:18 AM
syd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for syd Click here to Send syd a Private Message Click Here to Email syd Find more posts by syd Add syd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

Very good light, which most lights out there are, no matter who makes it.
BUT, I know the customer service is great. that means a lot .

Old Post 02-22-2021 02:14 PM
Outback1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Outback1 Click here to Send Outback1 a Private Message Find more posts by Outback1 Add Outback1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coby Wright
UKC Forum Member

I like mine.

I got it setup with the yellow main beam and bright white walking light. The yellow is very nice for finding coons and having the walking light gives you another 'color' option as well. The red lights are plenty bright as well with a hi and low setting.

I only have one complaint and it really has nothing to do with the light itself.

My complaint is the hat - I got the soft cap option and it has the hard liner in it. My head is just a touch to small to really get a tight fit because of the liner. I plan to just switch it over to a non-liner hat at some point. Again, that's really my fault - not the light's or even the helmet.

I've been pretty hard on this light. I had it under water several times - one night it basically sit in water for about 15-20 mins while I was digging Lotto out of a bank. Only issue after that was it acted a little funny when I plugged the charger in - I let it dry out for a couple days and it was back to normal.

Also, if the lazer was a "tracer" lazer that would be a cool upgrade, but as it is, the lazer works fine and is very handy.

At Stud: Gr. Nt. Ch. Wright's Stylish Lotto Bawls (click here to see ad)

Former Home of Gr. Nt. Ch. Bawling Rebel.

Old Post 02-22-2021 06:11 PM
Coby Wright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coby Wright Click here to Send Coby Wright a Private Message Visit Coby Wright's homepage! Find more posts by Coby Wright Add Coby Wright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jgarrett
UKC Forum Member

Boss lights

We have 3 boss lights that Kevin Rainwater in KY builds and his service is 2nd to none. Sent mine in to be repaired after a hard fall broke the high/Low switch on my Hot spot SE. The light was fixed and shipped back out on the same day he received it at no cost. Also had a set screw come loose and lost the high/low switch. Contacted Kevin and he mailed one out the same day. That the only problems in probably close to 10 years of use.

I like the adjustment switch on the hotspot better than the switch on the head of the patriot. I can’t tell any difference between the 2 lights other than that.

Both are plenty bright for finding a coon but there are a few other brand of lights that are brighter but how bright do they really need to be?

Old Post 02-24-2021 05:10 AM
Jgarrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jgarrett Click here to Send Jgarrett a Private Message Click Here to Email Jgarrett Find more posts by Jgarrett Add Jgarrett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Re: Boss lights

quote:
Originally posted by Jgarrett
We have 3 boss lights that Kevin Rainwater in KY builds and his service is 2nd to none. Sent mine in to be repaired after a hard fall broke the high/Low switch on my Hot spot SE. The light was fixed and shipped back out on the same day he received it at no cost. Also had a set screw come loose and lost the high/low switch. Contacted Kevin and he mailed one out the same day. That the only problems in probably close to 10 years of use.

I like the adjustment switch on the hotspot better than the switch on the head of the patriot. I can’t tell any difference between the 2 lights other than that.

Both are plenty bright for finding a coon but there are a few other brand of lights that are brighter but how bright do they really need to be?

Sometimes they're too bright. Like when you can clearly see there's no coon in the tree. LOL

Old Post 02-24-2021 03:09 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote