UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Seresto Collars
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Seresto Collars

I am a believer in these seresto flea collars, last year I had a real flea problem in my kennels. I used Frontline Plus, sprayed the kennels, everything I could and still had a flea problem on the dogs and in the kennels. I bought Seresto Collars this year for every dog and NO FLEAS, PROBLEM SOLVED. I really believe that the Seresto Collars are the best and cheapest way for flea free kennels and flea free dogs. Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-13-2020 08:51 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

I love mine!

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 08-13-2020 08:56 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Trevor

I love mine too, I have never used a better flea product. I have spent big bucks on other products that lost their effectiness against FLEAS. I will not use anything but Seresto Collars in the future, unless they quit working. Dave

Old Post 08-13-2020 10:19 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coal295
UKC Forum Member

Collar

do you guys have problems with the collars loosening or breaking? Old dog did fine with it, but young dogs of mine seemed to be hard on them. I went with frontline plus this year and actually liked it better. Also sprayed permethrin.

Old Post 08-13-2020 11:29 PM
Coal295 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coal295 Click here to Send Coal295 a Private Message Click Here to Email Coal295 Find more posts by Coal295 Add Coal295 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Coal295

No, I don't have any problems with any of my dogs using the Seresto Collars, we even use them on our cats and they do fine. I used Frontline Plus for a long time, it just did not do the job and I put it on every 3 weeks. Seresto Collars are working great for me and last for months. Dave

Old Post 08-13-2020 11:33 PM
KYHoundDawg
UKC Forum Member

I zip tie mine to the inside of the dogs regular collars. Keeps them from coming off hunting or other dogs chewing them off.

PR B&B Docs Buzzed Again

Past Hounds
PR Horsefly Hollow Pepper, passed with a 1st and HTX pass
GRCH NITCH PR Allens Nationwide Suckerpunch HTX
GrCH2 NITCH PR Brockman's Remington Clover HTX

GRCH GRNITCH PKC SCH PR Brockman’s Blue Buzz HTX (semen available)
BBOA
502-417-2086

Old Post 08-14-2020 12:37 PM
KYHoundDawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KYHoundDawg Click here to Send KYHoundDawg a Private Message Click Here to Email KYHoundDawg Find more posts by KYHoundDawg Add KYHoundDawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

first time

This year is the first time ive ever used them and on two dogs i havnt had a flea or tic on them yet.

Old Post 08-14-2020 05:19 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

Has anyone bought the ebay ones? if you did were they okay? heard mixed stories that they are Chinese knock offs and junk. about half the cost

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 08-14-2020 05:37 PM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tntelkhntr
UKC Forum Member

You definitely need to be careful of the eBay seresto collars. I got burned on buying a pair of them. Better off getting them from certified dealers or veterinarians. I even tried Canada Veterinarian Express and got a bogus collar from them. I did manage with them to contact them and let them know they were selling a knockoff. After a little arguing and pointing out the packaging and missing paperwork inside they agreed and refunded my money. If you wonder what to look for, Google counterfeit seresto collars.

Old Post 08-14-2020 06:30 PM
tntelkhntr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tntelkhntr Click here to Send tntelkhntr a Private Message Find more posts by tntelkhntr Add tntelkhntr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Collars

Please DO NOT buy the conterfit collars, buying from a trusted source is the only way to go. These collars seem pricey until you realize they ACTUALLY LAST 8 months and do a great job. If you compare the cost of other treatments for 8 months, these collars are CHEAP protection. I spent hundreds of dollars last year on flea meds and could not control them in my kennels. I have NO FLEAS this year and have only used the Seresto Collars on ALL of my dogs, best money I have ever spent on flea control. Dave

Old Post 08-14-2020 07:21 PM
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

We like them, but last year Jake chewed them off the other dogs. This yr, we're using Simparica and cheaper collars. If they stay on, we'll probably go back to Seresto next year.

Old Post 08-14-2020 08:44 PM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BluetickHound22
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by benderb4
Has anyone bought the ebay ones? if you did were they okay? heard mixed stories that they are Chinese knock offs and junk. about half the cost

Don’t waste your money. I bought 4-5 thinking I was saving but you aren’t because the dogs still had fleas and ticks.
If I’m not mistaken I believe even Chewy.com is selling the knock offs

Old Post 08-15-2020 01:38 AM
BluetickHound22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BluetickHound22 Click here to Send BluetickHound22 a Private Message Click Here to Email BluetickHound22 Find more posts by BluetickHound22 Add BluetickHound22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Seresto

Chewys is selling the REAL collars, bought all of mine from Chewys and NO FLEAS at all. Last year I used Frontline Plus every 3 weeks, sprayed lots and around kennels, everything and could not get rid of the FLEAS. Only Seresto Collars this year and NO FLEAS, I am a believer. Dave

Old Post 08-15-2020 01:53 AM
tntelkhntr
UKC Forum Member

Re: Seresto

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Chewys is selling the REAL collars, bought all of mine from Chewys and NO FLEAS at all. Last year I used Frontline Plus every 3 weeks, sprayed lots and around kennels, everything and could not get rid of the FLEAS. Only Seresto Collars this year and NO FLEAS, I am a believer. Dave

I no longer spend a penny with Chewy since they partnered with HSUS this past April. For those that don't know what HSUS does, it's an animal rights organization that pushes legislation against hunting among other pet related crap. Chewy donated a million dollars to this organization. They're not going to use my money to attack the activities I love.

Old Post 08-15-2020 04:21 AM
tntelkhntr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tntelkhntr Click here to Send tntelkhntr a Private Message Find more posts by tntelkhntr Add tntelkhntr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Seresto

quote:
Originally posted by tntelkhntr
I no longer spend a penny with Chewy since they partnered with HSUS this past April. For those that don't know what HSUS does, it's an animal rights organization that pushes legislation against hunting among other pet related crap. Chewy donated a million dollars to this organization. They're not going to use my money to attack the activities I love.

A man s got to follow his heart, I don't blame you one bit. I bought my feed from Chewys, but cancelled my orders after finding this information out earlier this year. We bought all of our collars back before we found this out. I will no longer use Chewys for anything. Dave

Old Post 08-15-2020 07:10 AM
critter
UKC Forum Member

experence

Just my own experience but i bought the cheap i guess knock offs and as i stated above havnt had a flea or tic yet.Guess i got lucky.

Old Post 08-15-2020 05:40 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug C
UKC Forum Member

They will get ammune to it, been using seresto for a couple years now with no problems to this year when my dogs started getting ticks and fleas, now I am using nexgard with no ticks or fleas. Not just me either, have buddies with the same out come.

Old Post 08-15-2020 06:02 PM
Doug C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug C Click here to Send Doug C a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug C Find more posts by Doug C Add Doug C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Doug C

You may be right, Frontline worked good for me for several years, then stopped working. I hope to get several flea free years from Seresto Collars, then on to something else. I hate FLEAS! Dave

Old Post 08-15-2020 09:38 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I've been using Nexgard for 6 years. Still working.

Old Post 08-15-2020 09:41 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

I

Have used Soresto and Salvo collars both seem great.. Salvo is 1/2 the cost. They give you 2 collars each good for 6 months.. I get them at Rural King..

Old Post 08-16-2020 01:53 AM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

I

Have used Soresto and Salvo collars both seem great.. Salvo is 1/2 the cost. They give you 2 collars each good for 6 months.. I get them at Rural King..

Old Post 08-16-2020 01:53 AM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Seresto Collars

As good as these collars are working for my dogs, I HIGHLY suspect that the folks who say they did not work for their dogs may have gotten fake Seresto Collars. I watched a video of a lab test on the REAL Seresto Collars vs fake Seresto Collars and the fake collars had no flea meds at all, the white powder on the fakes was a salt component. I think anyone buying and using the REAL Seresto Collars would be satisfied with their flea killing performance. Dave

Old Post 08-16-2020 04:14 AM
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

Re: Seresto Collars

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
As good as these collars are working for my dogs, I HIGHLY suspect that the folks who say they did not work for their dogs may have gotten fake Seresto Collars. I watched a video of a lab test on the REAL Seresto Collars vs fake Seresto Collars and the fake collars had no flea meds at all, the white powder on the fakes was a salt component. I think anyone buying and using the REAL Seresto Collars would be satisfied with their flea killing performance. Dave
I get them off the shelf at wally world . have not seen a dead tick that has feed on blood on my hounds in 3 years .that is the key to preventing tick bourne illness .

Old Post 08-16-2020 11:17 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote