UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Don't Blink
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Don't Blink

Or you may miss something as fast as these world hunt threads are being yanked from this board.

Did somebody mention that 7th inning STRETCH on the PBP again...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-28-2021 05:10 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hemihomey
Banned

Just something....

....official would be nice. So far nobody has even rumored the dog done anything wrong and have speculated the handler may have cost her to get scratched.

Ezekiel 23:20

Old Post 09-28-2021 05:18 PM
hemihomey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hemihomey Click here to Send hemihomey a Private Message Find more posts by hemihomey Add hemihomey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JesseJ
UKC Forum Member

Miney

Maybe they will just have a DO OVER! LOL

Old Post 09-28-2021 05:48 PM
JesseJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JesseJ Click here to Send JesseJ a Private Message Click Here to Email JesseJ Find more posts by JesseJ Add JesseJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maison H.G.
Banned

Oh no, I see the folks above have been banned !!!! Careful what u ask on here.

Old Post 09-28-2021 06:06 PM
Maison H.G. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maison H.G. Click here to Send Maison H.G. a Private Message Find more posts by Maison H.G. Add Maison H.G. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ralph Williams
UKC Forum Member

Re: Just something....

quote:
Originally posted by hemihomey
....official would be nice. So far nobody has even rumored the dog done anything wrong and have speculated the handler may have cost her to get scratched.
it would be nice if UKC would put it out there so we all knew whet happened but to keep it under wraps just makes you think they might’ve messed up!

Old Post 09-28-2021 06:11 PM
Ralph Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ralph Williams Click here to Send Ralph Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Ralph Williams Find more posts by Ralph Williams Add Ralph Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Just something....

quote:
Originally posted by Ralph Williams
it would be nice if UKC would put it out there so we all knew whet happened but to keep it under wraps just makes you think they might’ve messed up!

Ralph, Allen made a post on another thread that you should read, he elaborates why UKC is not making all facts known. Protecting the privacy of those involved in this situation is commendable on UKC 'S PART. Revealing sensitive information would only be detrimental to those involved, such as folks taking sides and putting blame on folks that just went by the RULES. UKC had a Panel that reviewed the facts and made s decision, that's all anyone outside of those involved needs to know. If I were involved with the decision making I would want my privacy respected, No one wants to be racked over the coals for making a decision that some folks do not agree with. The Panel making the decision was a well qualified panel and deserve respect, they do not need the wrath of those who choose to disagree based on emotions and not on facts. Dave

Old Post 09-29-2021 12:32 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ralph Williams
UKC Forum Member

Dave , I’m still not sure cause if it was a good panel they wouldn’t care what is said cause they’re qualified for the job. My guess is they don’t want people knowing who put the ? on the score card but I’m guessing I know lol plus the USA let’s Biden ramble on thinking he’s qualified 😉🤣

Old Post 09-29-2021 02:47 AM
Ralph Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ralph Williams Click here to Send Ralph Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Ralph Williams Find more posts by Ralph Williams Add Ralph Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ralph Williams
Dave , I’m still not sure cause if it was a good panel they wouldn’t care what is said cause they’re qualified for the job. My guess is they don’t want people knowing who put the ? on the score card but I’m guessing I know lol plus the USA let’s Biden ramble on thinking he’s qualified 😉🤣

Ralph, You may be onto the reason, I do not think it would be feasible to know all the details as to who questioned the situation due to the fact that the situation should be the issue and not who started the ball rolling. Either a rule was violated or not, this should be the question and not who questioned the event. Throwing someone under the bus would not resolve anything. None of us would want the issue to be focused on us, but would want the action to speak for itself. The incident was either right or wrong, the Panel agreed it was wrong and scratched the dog. As hunt participants we ALL agree to abide by the RULES in place and by the decisions we receive when something is questioned. ALL REGISTRIES have their RULES and procedures to resolve any disputes or question, with the decisions being binding to everyone. Naming names, etc. does nothing positive and would only incite those who disagree with the decision/s. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 09-29-2021 at 03:29 AM

Old Post 09-29-2021 03:27 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Dave, I'm sure you would agree that going by the rules as they are intended to be used maintains integrity in the sport. But manipulating rules in way to eliminate a competitor which we've been led to believe happened here does as much damage to the integrity of the sport as not following the rules. I personally don't need to know names but if it happened the way it's been discussed on here, the mindset and the act needs to be shamed. It could be it didn't happen the way we think and being led to think it did would be just as shameful as if it did happen

Old Post 09-29-2021 10:55 AM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
Dave, I'm sure you would agree that going by the rules as they are intended to be used maintains integrity in the sport. But manipulating rules in way to eliminate a competitor which we've been led to believe happened here does as much damage to the integrity of the sport as not following the rules. I personally don't need to know names but if it happened the way it's been discussed on here, the mindset and the act needs to be shamed. It could be it didn't happen the way we think and being led to think it did would be just as shameful as if it did happen

I believe that some of us are taking this matter personally, expecting UKC to inform us of all the details. Should they elect to do so I believe would cause more drama and head shaking. We ALL should understand that we are not entitled to know all the details, as we had no PART in this cast or the decision handed down. Show me any thing that gives us this right as many seem to think is due us. Some folks want a scapegoat to roast and I am one that is grateful that UKC. is not providing that information. Regardless of who started this ball rolling, a Panel made the decision to scratch and that's a fact. Dave

Old Post 09-29-2021 12:39 PM
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
I believe that some of us are taking this matter personally, expecting UKC to inform us of all the details. Should they elect to do so I believe would cause more drama and head shaking. We ALL should understand that we are not entitled to know all the details, as we had no PART in this cast or the decision handed down. Show me any thing that gives us this right as many seem to think is due us. Some folks want a scapegoat to roast and I am one that is grateful that UKC. is not providing that information. Regardless of who started this ball rolling, a Panel made the decision to scratch and that's a fact. Dave

Mr. Richards I won’t speak for any group of folks on here but I’ll give you my opinion on the matter. Wouldn’t it be beneficial to at least inform everybody of what happened as far as the infraction, the rule, and what led to the decision to scratch the dog? I’m not suggesting that they should put out every little detail but some clarity is needed moving forward. This would at very least help when the question comes back at the local level. How should it be handled? As of now, you’re going to get a lot of “hmmmm” when a cast comes back with this same situation.

As far as what gives people the right to know what happened… I think there’s something to be said for the folks who invest the time, the fuel, and the money to enter and support these events.. even more so the clubs and members that put them on and help fund the cause for the greater good. I think that deserves something.

Old Post 09-29-2021 12:53 PM
ClayBottom11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClayBottom11 Click here to Send ClayBottom11 a Private Message Find more posts by ClayBottom11 Add ClayBottom11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ClayBottom11
Mr. Richards I won’t speak for any group of folks on here but I’ll give you my opinion on the matter. Wouldn’t it be beneficial to at least inform everybody of what happened as far as the infraction, the rule, and what led to the decision to scratch the dog? I’m not suggesting that they should put out every little detail but some clarity is needed moving forward. This would at very least help when the question comes back at the local level. How should it be handled? As of now, you’re going to get a lot of “hmmmm” when a cast comes back with this same situation.

As far as what gives people the right to know what happened… I think there’s something to be said for the folks who invest the time, the fuel, and the money to enter and support these events.. even more so the clubs and members that put them on and help fund the cause for the greater good. I think that deserves something.

Ryan, First let me say that I was highly disappointed that Miney was scratched, Lord knows I was pulling for her to win and would have loved to have seen what she would have done if the scratch did not happen. Saying that, I stick to what I have posted previously in commending UKC for keeping the facts private. Absolutely no reason to throw someone under the bus just to satisfy our curiosity. Each hunt is different and this is not a court of law that provides case law to apply to every situation here after. I seriously doubt that UKC could provide a accurate explanation of what happened without revealing who questioned this event that led to the scratch. Dave

Old Post 09-29-2021 05:42 PM