UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Semen - Old line Walkers ????
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dkrause
UKC Forum Member

here ya go shawn

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-04-2005 05:41 PM
dkrause is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dkrause Click here to Send dkrause a Private Message Click Here to Email dkrause Find more posts by dkrause Add dkrause to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GES
UKC Forum Member

Shawn,
Here's a few Finley River choices:

Darren Rodgers told me he had collected about 30 straws from Dual GrCh Finley River Nitehawk. I don't know if they've ever tried to use any or sell it.

Howard and Blaine Thompson have some from GrNtCh Twin River's Dusty, too. Dusty was a direct son of GrNt Rickman's Finley River Boone and Nt Ch Twin River's Molly B.

Lonnie Mears also told me he had some semen from his Old Lonnie dog that he planned to use in the future.

GES

Old Post 01-05-2005 05:05 AM
GES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GES Click here to Send GES a Private Message Find more posts by GES Add GES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjrandall
UKC Forum Member

thought this was pretty interesting.......

Old Post 08-01-2005 08:04 PM
mjrandall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mjrandall Click here to Send mjrandall a Private Message Click Here to Email mjrandall Find more posts by mjrandall Add mjrandall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roger Hughes
UKC Forum Member

11 yrs and 1 slick tree!!!! WOW!!!! I believe that is better than the 98% argument that was on here a while back!!!

Old Post 08-01-2005 08:15 PM
Roger Hughes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roger Hughes Click here to Send Roger Hughes a Private Message Click Here to Email Roger Hughes Find more posts by Roger Hughes Add Roger Hughes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjrandall
UKC Forum Member

What do you mean Roger?

Old Post 08-01-2005 08:16 PM
mjrandall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mjrandall Click here to Send mjrandall a Private Message Click Here to Email mjrandall Find more posts by mjrandall Add mjrandall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roger Hughes
UKC Forum Member

jackbob42 says he hunted a female 11 yrs and remembered one slick tree...

Old Post 08-01-2005 08:21 PM
Roger Hughes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roger Hughes Click here to Send Roger Hughes a Private Message Click Here to Email Roger Hughes Find more posts by Roger Hughes Add Roger Hughes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ron p
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jackbob42
I never seen the Blaster dog go , but I had a female out of Champ
A real "coondog " anywhere you put her down. Any night , any weather. Hunted her for 11 years , only recall one slick tree.

This needs to be entered in the Tall Tales Contest.

Old Post 08-01-2005 11:39 PM
ron p is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ron p Click here to Send ron p a Private Message Find more posts by ron p Add ron p to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
warn
UKC Forum Member

i would like to be able to breed some females to niteheat if he had been collected but i would settle for bozo . I liked the style of dogs that nt heat produced.
later warn

Mark Warner

"HOME OF PREDAWN KENNELS"

http://www.tekonshathunder.homestead.com

Old Post 08-02-2005 01:29 AM
warn is online now Click Here to See the Profile for warn Click here to Send warn a Private Message Click Here to Email warn Find more posts by warn Add warn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jackbob42
UKC Forum Member

Think what you want , don't matter to me.

She treed in some holes in the ground , some den trees , some trees you couldn't shine.I also seen her back my male on a porky one time up bear hunting also , but she only treed one time that I can remember , that I was sure the tree was slick. She wasn't perfect , but she was tough.

I've got a big cattail swamp on the edge of a lake that I've hunted for over 20 years and she is the only dog that I have seen that could consistently tree coons in it. Would you care to bring your dogs up and try it?

BackWoods River Walkers/Beagles
Just all 'round , meat gettin' hounds.

Old Post 08-02-2005 05:49 AM
jackbob42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jackbob42 Click here to Send jackbob42 a Private Message Find more posts by jackbob42 Add jackbob42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GumSwampWalkers
Banned

is there any semen out of hillbilly mac because that was one hell of a coondog and reproducer i wouldnt mind having some of that..????? i wouldnt mind having some off of ol mundo and Finley River Cheif

Strike and Tree em thats TIMBER!
Coming Soon too a Hunt near You

Keep Em Treed Boys

Old Post 08-02-2005 06:44 AM
GumSwampWalkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GumSwampWalkers Click here to Send GumSwampWalkers a Private Message Click Here to Email GumSwampWalkers Find more posts by GumSwampWalkers Add GumSwampWalkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pete
UKC Forum Member

bob- i think the only argument is how u count a slick tree---old farts like me count a tree as slick if we cant see a coon and no leaves- ive had dogs that i almost never even considered a tree was slick-- climbed a bunch of them to prove it- was pretty serious hide hunter- -- whatever was nessescary to get that coon out-have seen coon taken from squirrels nests den trees etc that never could have been scored in a nite hunt-- - and twenty years ago a slick tree was kind of a new phrase- so was all grand-- hide hunters, i guess is a dirty word nowdays but i dont think any hide hunter would tolerate a dog that treed many slick ones- i cant say i ever owned a coondog that never treed slick- the most accurate ive owned have treed some- any tree coon spent some time feeding in-- i wont even tell ya the best coondogs ive owned treed the least slick ones-- ill just say that it was rarer then then it is now and lot of dogs would have been culled for doing whats accepted by some now--

Old Post 08-02-2005 12:31 PM
pete is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pete Click here to Send pete a Private Message Click Here to Email pete Visit pete's homepage! Find more posts by pete Add pete to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driveshaft
UKC Forum Member

yadkin river champ

can any yadkin river men tell me how his mom was bred i know do yall ????????????????ps it aint sailor

Old Post 08-02-2005 02:47 PM
Driveshaft is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driveshaft Click here to Send Driveshaft a Private Message Click Here to Email Driveshaft Find more posts by Driveshaft Add Driveshaft to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slobbermouth
UKC Forum Member

I'd like to have some flag or bozo seman. They might show you more than one slick in a lifetime but they are going to tree. Driveshaft how was the champ dam breed was it flag.

Old Post 08-02-2005 03:10 PM
slobbermouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for slobbermouth Click here to Send slobbermouth a Private Message Click Here to Email slobbermouth Find more posts by slobbermouth Add slobbermouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harold
UKC Forum Member

whiskey

my male has one of the most outstanding bloodlines if seen in a long while in his six generation papers he shows several of the best and alot of the dogs you guys have talked about he will be studed as soon as i get him finished

GR NITE GC GR CH SPRING CREEK ROCK shows 6 times in papers
GR NITE CH ROCK RIVER SACKETT
GR NITE CH GR CH MINKLERS KANSAS DANCER
GR N ITE CH MERCHANTS BAWLING BANJO
CH GR NITE CH RIVER BEND FLAG
GR NITE CH MERCHANTS BAWLING BAWLIE
GR NITE CH CH LOGANS WILD CLOVER
GR NITE CH GR CH YADKIN RIVER TOM
GR NITE CH MEARS FINLEY RIVER DAN
GR NITE CH GR CH DEANWOOD DRIFTER
GR NITE CH DOHONEYS BOONE
WLD NITE CH GR NITE CH SMITHS HILLBILLY MAC
AND EVERY DAHONEYS DOG YOU CAN NAME IS IN HIS PAPERS
THIS ARE JUST A FEW IN HIS BACK GROUND HE HAS 39 GR NITES
38 NITE CH HE HAS SOME OF THE BEST BLOOD WALKERS HAS EVER HAD TO OFFER CALL OR EMAIL ME AND ILL TELL YOU HIS FULL BREEDING BOYS HE IS ONLY SIX MONTHS OLD BUT COMING ON GOOD 423-534=7146

HALL'S MTN BANJO'S BABE
HALL'S MTN MAGIC MIKE
HALL'S MTN INSAINE WILLOW
OWNERS HAROLD & KAREN HALL
HANDLERS HAROLD HALL
BETH CARNELL
DEAN MACE
MEL RAMEY
SHURMOND COCKRELL
PROUD MEMBER OF :
TEAM HALL'S
VIRGINIA HUNTING DOG ALLIANCE

''GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTON''
HALLS MTN NITROS SLIDE

Last edited by harold on 08-02-2005 at 08:59 PM

Old Post 08-02-2005 04:24 PM
harold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harold Click here to Send harold a Private Message Click Here to Email harold Visit harold's homepage! Find more posts by harold Add harold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driveshaft
UKC Forum Member

SLOBBERMOUTH

your purty smart for a mt pilot feller lol... you get the prize lol.....

Old Post 08-02-2005 08:27 PM
Driveshaft is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driveshaft Click here to Send Driveshaft a Private Message Click Here to Email Driveshaft Find more posts by Driveshaft Add Driveshaft to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harold
UKC Forum Member

GOOD THREAD KEEP IT GOING

HALL'S MTN BANJO'S BABE
HALL'S MTN MAGIC MIKE
HALL'S MTN INSAINE WILLOW
OWNERS HAROLD & KAREN HALL
HANDLERS HAROLD HALL
BETH CARNELL
DEAN MACE
MEL RAMEY
SHURMOND COCKRELL
PROUD MEMBER OF :
TEAM HALL'S
VIRGINIA HUNTING DOG ALLIANCE

''GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTON''
HALLS MTN NITROS SLIDE

Old Post 08-02-2005 09:00 PM
harold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harold Click here to Send harold a Private Message Click Here to Email harold Visit harold's homepage! Find more posts by harold Add harold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjrandall
UKC Forum Member

Wonder how beneficial it would be to take the absolute top reproducing walker female today that is still living and breed her back to Sackett, JR., or Lipper, or any of the other greats (Clover, harry, etc....) This may be a stupid idea, or is it???

Old Post 08-02-2005 09:54 PM
pete
UKC Forum Member

whats an old line walker--? whats different-? what dog today is throwing old line traits-- cant afford to breed with frozen semen --ive heard the deader they are the better they are-- would like to see list of old line walkers-- and some not long gone with sons living - and some stil living that are producing something like the old ones did---- pete

Old Post 08-03-2005 12:42 AM
pete is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pete Click here to Send pete a Private Message Click Here to Email pete Visit pete's homepage! Find more posts by pete Add pete to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff H.
UKC Forum Member

Back in the early 80's

I had a female that was Banjo and Finley River on top and Banjo /Sailor bred on the bottom. I'd pay whatever I could to get a piece of old Johnsons Banjo or Sailor in a three generation. I hunted with several Sailor /Banjo bred hounds back then and they were just as Bill described the Blaster dog. Sure do miss that kind of hound!! They were the kind of dogs that ran a coon with their head up and could get a track moved from strike to tree quicker than any dogs I ever hunted with. My old " Lady Bee" dog was known for her ability to find a coon track and get it going quicker than most . She learned how to hunt for coons and was hard to beat on the track.
Some of them were a bit trashy but when you got them broke you had something special !!

Good thread guys !!

Old Post 08-03-2005 01:58 AM
Jeff H. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff H. Click here to Send Jeff H. a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff H. Add Jeff H. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elvis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mjrandall
Wonder how beneficial it would be to take the absolute top reproducing walker female today that is still living and breed her back to Sackett, JR., or Lipper, or any of the other greats (Clover, harry, etc....) This may be a stupid idea, or is it???

my bet would be you could breed her to any coondog and get good pups.
of course the stud would get most of the credit.

what we need to do is gather the eggs from these top females,and then we will be able to produce good pups for years to come and tell everyone what a great stud dog weve got.

Old Post 08-03-2005 03:04 AM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john yoakum
UKC Forum Member

drawn semen

Does anybody know if semen was ever drawn from
Hillbilly Mac
or House's Tom Tom
and I doubt it but what about Red Eagle Dick

Old Post 08-03-2005 04:01 AM
john yoakum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john yoakum Click here to Send john yoakum a Private Message Click Here to Email john yoakum Find more posts by john yoakum Add john yoakum to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjrandall
UKC Forum Member

Elvis that makes a lot of sense but what i'm asking is would it be a good idea to take a nice female that is doing some superior reproducing and breed her back to some of her ancestors. I know that sounds dumb, but say she's got some Sackett jr. or Lipper in her blood somewhere fairly close. If she's a nice titled COONDOG herself and not just a brood bitch, do you think the hounds produced between her and one of her grandsires (e.g., Sackett, Harry, Lipper, Bozo, etc...) would be any better or would it be too close to inbreeding? Is this linebreeding? In other words, taking the blood from her that proves itself and combine it with what started her!!

I've only within the past few years really been paying attention to bloodlines--I don't mean to sound ignorant and forgive me if I don't know what I'm talking about, but it irritates me that so many people take any old "dog trader" $150 female that comes in heat, breed her to some top name stud in the book and try to make a salary off the pups. I'm not directing this towards anyone in particular, but it happens and that's why there are so many dogs to choose from. Anyway, I like this thread and everyone's opinions....

Old Post 08-03-2005 04:34 AM
jackbob42
UKC Forum Member

Driveshaft -
According to my papers , Champ's mother was PR Tar River Jill , and she was out of GrNtCh Watson's Sundown Hank x NtCh Tar River Mindy. Don't know any farther back than that. Used to know , but old age has set in. LOL

Pete -
I count a slick tree as a tree that I can plainly see that no coon is there. The slick I recall her treeing was this time of year ( getting her in shape for bear season ) , leaves on , but a small tree you could shine every limb.
I also believe that there are certain factors that build confidence in a belief. That dog taught me to believe that you can find coon in alot more leafy trees than most guys think.( if the coon is really there ) And if you hunt a dog enough late into the season when the leaves are gone , and the ground is frosty/frozen or covered with snow , you will have a pretty good idea as to how many of those leafy trees , den trees , and holes in the ground have coon in them.
Had a grandson of Spring Creek Rock x Dohoney's Caddilac that was almost as good. Been trying to replace them 2 dogs for quite awhile now.

BackWoods River Walkers/Beagles
Just all 'round , meat gettin' hounds.

Old Post 08-03-2005 06:19 AM
jackbob42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jackbob42 Click here to Send jackbob42 a Private Message Find more posts by jackbob42 Add jackbob42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driveshaft
UKC Forum Member

jackbob42

mindy was off FLAG..... BUT MOST PPL HUNTING YADKIN RIVER DOGS LEAVE THAT PART OUT ......CALL IT HEAVY SAILOR BLOOD ...

Old Post 08-03-2005 03:52 PM
slobbermouth
UKC Forum Member

They just don,t want ppl to know they have all that tree power in there.lmao

Old Post 08-03-2005 03:55 PM
slobbermouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for slobbermouth Click here to Send slobbermouth a Private Message Click Here to Email slobbermouth Find more posts by slobbermouth Add slobbermouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote