UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Proposal 4 - Recasting.
Option A, B, or Current Rule?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Option A 34 17.80%
Option B 83 43.46%
Leave as is, per current rule where you walk a distance from the scored treed that is within reason and satisfies those involved. 74 38.74%
Total: 191 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Recasting.

4. Recasting.

• Option A: Set a time period of 30 seconds to lead dog away from a scored tree before recasting.

• Option B: Set a time period of one minute to lead dog away from a scored tree before recasting.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-13-2019 05:40 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

Either one I'm good with. You get a few guys that wanna walk way too long to keep there dog from going back to a tree. Do the training at home.

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 05-14-2019 12:19 AM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom anderson
UKC Forum Member

How come I can’t vote

Old Post 05-14-2019 03:16 AM
Tom anderson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom anderson Click here to Send Tom anderson a Private Message Find more posts by Tom anderson Add Tom anderson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

I prefer leave as is, if I pull my dog off tree and hear other dogs opening I want to cut 5 steps from the tree I don't want to keep my dog on leash for 30 seconds or a minute. 1 rule that doesn't need to change.

319-201-8445

Old Post 05-14-2019 09:19 AM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

30 seconds will pass so fast it's about 5 steps anyway. I agree do the training at home ya should be able to cut right from the tree. Shouldn't need a rule but we do especially if the tree count down in passed.

Old Post 05-14-2019 01:42 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryan Faircloth
UKC Forum Member

Recasting

If dog returns to same tree more than 2 or 3 times it should be scratched. Dog returning to same tree kills a hour hunt real fast.

Old Post 05-14-2019 09:18 PM
Bryan Faircloth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bryan Faircloth Click here to Send Bryan Faircloth a Private Message Click Here to Email Bryan Faircloth Find more posts by Bryan Faircloth Add Bryan Faircloth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Once a tree is scored , dog(s) on leash .....turn-mm & cut-mm.
We shouldn't have to walk 30 sec. or a minute "to lead dog(s) away from a scored tree" especially if a dog(s) are trailing
It amounts to a 30/1 min.leash lock......in my opinion. In that amount of time dog(s) trailing could possibley get treed while your dog is in hand. What a handicap !

But the lesser evil would be 30 sec.

Old Post 05-15-2019 09:27 AM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

JMO

1 hour hunt,then NO leash lock rule.
Keep recasting on the 'deep alone'.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 05-15-2019 07:44 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dogwhisper
Once a tree is scored , dog(s) on leash .....turn-mm & cut-mm.
We shouldn't have to walk 30 sec. or a minute "to lead dog(s) away from a scored tree" especially if a dog(s) are trailing
It amounts to a 30/1 min.leash lock......in my opinion. In that amount of time dog(s) trailing could possibley get treed while your dog is in hand. What a handicap !

But the lesser evil would be 30 sec.

Yes!

No time, just cut them off scored tree.

Lone Pine North

Old Post 05-15-2019 07:58 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

I don't think a time needs to be set. If a dog barks and I want to turn mine from the base of the tree so be it. If my dog is on the leash he can't get treed. That is a leash lock whether it be 30 seconds or one minute

Old Post 05-16-2019 02:07 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

That would depend on the country your in 60 seconds around here in some places you might still be right at the tree seems like most of the rules anymore want go as if everybody is hunting flat ground things can be and a whole lot different here in the mountains

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 05-17-2019 08:53 PM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

The main point of this change would be to get rid of the "till your comfortable with turning loose" that many take advantage of now and a few walking out hunt time under it. I also know of judges that have tried to force dogs to remain on the leash when they should be cut loose. This just makes when to turn loose more cut and dry. There is no penalty in UKC for returning to the same tree so I don't see how anyone could reasonably oppose a set time as opposed to the way it is now. Dogs that are struck in but not barking still would need to bark for you to turn loose (they have to be accountable for their strike) and a common sense rule should play along with this change.
30 or 60 make no difference here. In the famous words of the infamous 6 year old Kash Cummings, "Got the bacon hangin' plus me up and start my minute!"

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 05-18-2019 05:30 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

Leave rule as is If dog goes back to the same tree 10 times I don't care he is wasting his time not mine , mine will be out finding as coon. If you let them walk as fare as they need the dog will be less likely to go back. Let try to keep folks in the cast instead of making rules to get rid of they J.M.O

Old Post 05-19-2019 12:31 AM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G.W. Harring
UKC Forum Member

Recast

I think the rule should read:

Dogs not to be kept on leash "for more" than 1 minute....

This addresses what Jen talks about, but also allows a handler to cut right from the tree if desired.

The 1 min recast rule shouldn't be a "required minimum" but rather an "allowed maximum".

JMO

402-209-5053

Old Post 05-19-2019 10:20 PM
G.W. Harring is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G.W. Harring Click here to Send G.W. Harring a Private Message Find more posts by G.W. Harring Add G.W. Harring to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Re: Recast

quote:
Originally posted by G.W. Harring
I think the rule should read:

Dogs not to be kept on leash "for more" than 1 minute....

This addresses what Jen talks about, but also allows a handler to cut right from the tree if desired.

The 1 min recast rule shouldn't be a "required minimum" but rather an "allowed maximum".

JMO

I could go with this

Old Post 05-19-2019 10:37 PM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mark V.
Leave rule as is If dog goes back to the same tree 10 times I don't care he is wasting his time not mine , mine will be out finding as coon. If you let them walk as fare as they need the dog will be less likely to go back. Let try to keep folks in the cast instead of making rules to get rid of they J.M.O

I agree 100%. I don't care how far a man wants to walk his dog from a scored tree, that doesn't affect my dog from 1 bit.

ChNtCh Allnite Gypsy Girl

Old Post 05-20-2019 07:58 PM
K. Singletary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K. Singletary Click here to Send K. Singletary a Private Message Click Here to Email K. Singletary Find more posts by K. Singletary Add K. Singletary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by K. Singletary
I agree 100%. I don't care how far a man wants to walk his dog from a scored tree, that doesn't affect my dog from 1 bit.

Yep but I don't want them to make me walk my dog one inch. Mine can be cut from the tree.

I don't care how many times they go back.

I do care if they make me hold on to mine after the tree is scored. I want him turned loose.

Old Post 05-20-2019 10:46 PM
Blaine Stout
UKC Forum Member

I like that can be on the lead no more than a minute.

Hounds that reside at Cedar Creek Ranch

WALKERS
Ch Grnitech Cedar Creek Paco

ENGLISH
Grch Blackfords C'mon Eileen
Nitech Wanna be a Lunatic

R.I.P
Nitech Cedar Creek Timbers Blu Junior

Old Post 05-20-2019 10:58 PM
Blaine Stout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaine Stout Click here to Send Blaine Stout a Private Message Click Here to Email Blaine Stout Find more posts by Blaine Stout Add Blaine Stout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote