UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > Nice Young Prospects
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I have heard about 3 young prospects that got wins this past weekend. There are some Redbones out there winning, you just don't hear about them since everyone quit posting on the forum.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 06-02-2020 at 03:12 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-02-2020 03:09 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

At what age are they not considered young?

Old Post 06-02-2020 03:02 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

When they are old. Are you still young?

Old Post 06-02-2020 04:59 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
When they are old. Are you still young?
No, if you ask a 12 yr old lol

Old Post 06-02-2020 05:33 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

It is all a matter of perspective. You are old to a 12 yr old but just a kid to me. PKC says that dogs are "pups" until they turn 3 yrs old.

Old Post 06-02-2020 08:21 PM
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

Cool

quote:
It is all a matter of perspective. You are old to a 12 yr old but just a kid to me. PKC says that dogs are "pups" until they turn 3 yrs old.
What does UKC say since this is a ukc forum

Old Post 06-02-2020 09:49 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

UKC doesn't have a position or rule on this. They don't know when a dog isn't young any more. Maybe you can Google it. And by the way, I thought that I was a young man up until last year. My wife still says that I am a big kid.

Old Post 06-02-2020 10:26 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, Google says that 1 dog year is equal to 7 human years. So, a 2 yr old dog is like a 14 yr old human. A 3 yr old dog is equal to a 21 yr old human. Now is a 21 yr old human "young"? They certainly aren't old. And a 4 yr old dog/ 28 yr old person is pretty much borderline. Most experienced houndsmen say that a hound reaches their prime at 5-7 yrs old. From that one might surmise that a dog could be called young until they were 5 yrs old. I see a lot of ads where someone is looking for a nice young dog that is less than 4-5 yrs old.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 06-02-2020 at 10:41 PM

Old Post 06-02-2020 10:35 PM
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

I guess I will start referring to Maxx as my 48mth old young dog, or can I still call him a pup?

Old Post 06-03-2020 02:55 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BLAKE WHEELER
I guess I will start referring to Maxx as my 48mth old young dog, or can I still call him a pup?

That only works in for sale ads. "48 month old, just needs more coons"

Old Post 06-03-2020 03:23 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Adam, they leave out "to tree more" as in "just needs to tree more coons". Omitting 3 little words sure makes a big difference. Is leaving them out lying?

Old Post 06-03-2020 05:22 PM
BAS
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Adam, they leave out "to tree more" as in "just needs to tree more coons". Omitting 3 little words sure makes a big difference. Is leaving them out lying?

An older fellow told me along time ago, "This is not telling a lie. It is not telling all of the truth." He said, " there is a difference but not very much. It all depends on what side of the fence you are on."

Old Post 06-03-2020 06:25 PM
BAS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BAS Click here to Send BAS a Private Message Click Here to Email BAS Find more posts by BAS Add BAS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness Blake, what would you call a person that was 28 yrs old? They aren't a child or a teenager but they sure aren't a grown man, although some probably think they are. Wouldn't you call them a young man?
Most 4 yrs old dogs are not in their prime yet. They are still learning and maturing. Doesn't Maxx still act like a teenager some nights? You sure can't call him an old dog and he hasn't even reached middle age yet. So he is still a young dog.
A lot of times that is a problem because someone gets a 4 yr old dog and thinks that it is an old dog. Then when it still acts stupid some nights, they don't know what to do. And titles don't mean anything either. You can buy a 2 yr old Gr Nt Ch but you are still getting a pup. Whether a dog is a PR or Gr Nt has nothing to do with how mature it is.

Old Post 06-03-2020 08:50 PM
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

I may get a vacation from the forum If I tell you what I call him some nights lol. Since we now know what you, google and pkc consider a young dog is, when does a dog stop being a prospect?

Old Post 06-03-2020 09:06 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

According to Google, a prospect is whenever there is the likelihood of future progress.

Old Post 06-03-2020 10:47 PM
George pouliott
UKC Forum Member

I do have a couple but there not performance or SS so nobody want's to hunt them . Well 2 of them are but not paid up . And I surely can't hunt em all . Well guess there going on 4 now so not a pup anymore .

Old Post 06-04-2020 01:22 AM
George pouliott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for George pouliott Click here to Send George pouliott a Private Message Click Here to Email George pouliott Find more posts by George pouliott Add George pouliott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I wonder how many young prospects will be at American Redbone Days next week?

Old Post 06-04-2020 01:52 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Wingler
Thanks. I can’t afford a real handler so I’ll have to step up I guess.

Oh my goodness, Slick Adam has been making those North Carolina boys see red with The Kid. Slick Adam is the new Pro Handler. He has been sneaking up to Michigan this past Winter to get lessons from Shane. We are all going to have to watch out for Slick Adam now.

Old Post 06-05-2020 11:42 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Oh my goodness, Slick Adam has been making those North Carolina boys see red with The Kid. Slick Adam is the new Pro Handler. He has been sneaking up to Michigan this past Winter to get lessons from Shane. We are all going to have to watch out for Slick Adam now.

That dog looked so sorry Friday night the slickest in the world couldn't have helped him.

This heat and humidity ain't helping a thing. In 2 one hour casts we saw 1 coon...and mine wasn't under it. Maybe he got the Covid.

Last edited by Adam Wingler on 06-08-2020 at 01:23 PM

Old Post 06-08-2020 01:20 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Wingler
That dog looked so sorry Friday night the slickest in the world couldn't have helped him.

This heat and humidity ain't helping a thing. In 2 one hour casts we saw 1 coon...and mine wasn't under it. Maybe he got the Covid.

Maybe you should try loving him more, he'd probably hunt better for ya. Every now and then let him get a little of the white meat.

Old Post 06-08-2020 03:02 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BLAKE WHEELER
Maybe you should try loving him more, he'd probably hunt better for ya. Every now and then let him get a little of the white meat.

He's lucky I let him have a handful of ol roy when we rolled back in at 430am.

Old Post 06-08-2020 03:17 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Blake, would you call Jared's 24 mos old, Banks a pup? He hunts in the S/S next week as a 1 yr old.

Old Post 06-15-2020 03:38 PM
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Blake, would you call Jared's 24 mos old, Banks a pup? He hunts in the S/S next week as a 1 yr old.
Yes I would Richard and congrats on the wins, maybe Jared should hire you to handle him next week.

Old Post 06-15-2020 04:13 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Who are Sundown's Big John, owned by Rhodes/Russell in Alabama and Timber Rockin Ruby Red, owned by Jerry Crawford from South Carolina. It looks like they are both 1 year olds with a PKC hunt win already.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 06-24-2020 at 06:14 PM

Old Post 06-24-2020 06:09 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

It looks like Big John is just a baby. It also looks like several "babies" were hunted in Salem, Illinois last night. Does anyone know how many or who they were, besides Big John?

Old Post 06-28-2020 02:18 PM