UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > The BEST !!!!!!
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Re: The BEST !!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by JB Cobb
Who has THE BEST hunting in the US ? Where is it I want t know.
Dang sounds like you may be going coonhunting

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-16-2019 03:12 AM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

SE Kansas, there's locations with a good coon population but houses everywhere. Most spots I hunt there may be a house or two in a mile section. Some locations no house for two or three miles. Mostly gravel roads, creeks, rivers with woods along them. Very few fences, mostly crop land. Treeing ten to fifteen trees with coon can happen.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Last edited by blueticker on 08-16-2019 at 05:08 AM

Old Post 08-16-2019 05:06 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier
UKC Forum Member

Really

quote:
Originally posted by HOBO
Hoosier has the best....

Hobo,

I've heard of suckin up before and that's alot what it sounded like! LOL

You mean EVERYONE didn't hunt for 2 hours in the full moon last night, make 5 trees and see a dozen coon and not get more than 100 yards away from the truck? Imagine what I could do if I didn't hunt an X-Bred counterfeit dog!!

Old Post 08-16-2019 11:54 AM
Hoosier is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Click here to Send Hoosier a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Find more posts by Hoosier Add Hoosier to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Wait a min????????

YOU expect ME to believe you hunted with a FULL MOON????????

I didn’t think I needed to suck up after hunting with you for over 20 years lol

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 08-16-2019 02:06 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier
UKC Forum Member

Yes Sir!

Summer full moons are COMPLETELY different than fall/winter full moons. I thought I had convinced you of that already. Don't you recall 2 years ago when we hunted till 2:00 AM in the moonlight and treed just 1, couldn't run a track....the moon went down and in the next 3 hours they were pouring out of the woodwork! How many did we see then? Treed on a phone pole? Really? LOL

Old Post 08-16-2019 02:09 PM
Hoosier is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Click here to Send Hoosier a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Find more posts by Hoosier Add Hoosier to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

That few hours once the moon started going down was one of the most enjoyable hunts I’ve ever been on.... Even if you did think my dog had a possum in that log at day break. lol

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 08-16-2019 02:12 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier
UKC Forum Member

Hobo,

SAME. 4 old guys out having fun like kids! We had a ball that night. Ole Mike had that gleam in his eye that night.

Old Post 08-16-2019 02:23 PM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Last year may have been cold and miserable but I’ll take another year just like that this year.

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 08-16-2019 02:29 PM
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

I live in IL

I live in IL and have hunted Central and southern IL, Central and Southern Indiana quite a bit. After hunting many other states over the years, I thought we had it the best around here, that's until I hunted northern Indiana, southern Michigan and north east Ohio.
We got it real good here, but Northern Indiana, southern Michigan and north east Ohio got us beat in my opinion.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 08-16-2019 03:46 PM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CoonBusterWV
UKC Forum Member

Re: I live in IL

quote:
Originally posted by jdgher
I live in IL and have hunted Central and southern IL, Central and Southern Indiana quite a bit. After hunting many other states over the years, I thought we had it the best around here, that's until I hunted northern Indiana, southern Michigan and north east Ohio.
We got it real good here, but Northern Indiana, southern Michigan and north east Ohio got us beat in my opinion.

Absolute best up there. Flat, Big woods, Tons of coon.

Old Post 08-16-2019 04:48 PM
CoonBusterWV is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CoonBusterWV Click here to Send CoonBusterWV a Private Message Find more posts by CoonBusterWV Add CoonBusterWV to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

But... Lots of snow

Old Post 08-17-2019 03:08 PM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: The BEST !!!!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by John B.Dalton
Dang sounds like you may be going coonhunting [/QUOTE

Yea I'm about ready to find better surroundings

Last edited by JB Cobb on 08-17-2019 at 03:12 PM

Old Post 08-17-2019 03:10 PM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Re: Re: The BEST !!!!!!

quote:

We've mentioned MO, SE KS and NE OK but one place no one looks at is Arkansas there is some good hunting there. Several areas of beautiful hard wood bottom land with plenty of coons, nearly year around coon season and snow and cold not going to knock out months of hunting like some of the northern places.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 08-17-2019 04:41 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

You right about the season.... crazy long. Which section has the best hunting ?

Old Post 08-17-2019 04:49 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Central and eastern and southern. NW and parts of North has some rougher terrain but does have some that is rolling hill farm ground and even some flat. Central around Conway is good, lots of the eastern side of AR is riverbottom land and much of the east and south is crops.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 08-17-2019 05:24 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

Of the places I’ve hunted I must admit Illinois is right at the top...unfortunately the states politicians have made it where no one wants to move to that state. During January and February the Savana river bottoms between SC and Ga are awesome if the water is not up. The problem is it’s almost impossible to get access to these areas. Mafia I appreciate the help... I hope to find somewhere to spend some time after retirement.

Old Post 08-17-2019 06:19 PM
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: The BEST !!!!!!

quote:

Dont limit yourself brother Jamie..You will find alot of good places..Just buy you a nice rv that will pull your truck and hit the road..Salem for the world,then slide on up to michigan for some serious pup training..Slide on down thru aurora and hit that public land and t
each that dog to hunt...White river with some arkansas friends will find you wanting to sleep late a few days in december,then on down to texas for some colder weather stuff in january..Mississippi in February you will not a find a friendlier group that want to take you hunting all day in the squirrel woods then walk you to death at night...Make that swing from october till march and you will make some memories that will last a life time and you will be looking for a vacation in the sand by time you get back to north carolina..

Old Post 08-18-2019 06:54 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SIson
UKC Forum Member

Robinson

I’ve hunted around Robinson Il a few times on the public land and it was great.i think I’m going a little farther south this year in Illinois on the public land next to the river.Any suggestions on where to go

Old Post 08-19-2019 12:20 AM
SIson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SIson Click here to Send SIson a Private Message Click Here to Email SIson Find more posts by SIson Add SIson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JScott187
UKC Forum Member

Il

I have lived here all my life.Been blessed with some fine hunting and a few fair hounds.This place isnt the same!With the popularity of the Great whitetail more and more people have bought ground at a stupid price.I have watched my small county get bought and divided into nothing more than forty or eighty acre tracts.It is very hard to find a place to cut your hound where someone isnt getting butt hurt about it.These people(usually out of state) give so much money for this property for just a few weeks of hunting you cannot blame them for not wanting you on it.I live in the Pittsfield area and my hunting area is rapidly declining.There a still some great people that will let you go but the large good hunting tracts are about gone.....hard to keep your hound on 80 acres...

Home of

GrNtCh Ch Scotts River Bottom Rain

GrNTCh GrCh River Bottom Shock-n-Awe Sadie

Old Post 08-19-2019 02:44 AM
JScott187 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JScott187 Click here to Send JScott187 a Private Message Click Here to Email JScott187 Find more posts by JScott187 Add JScott187 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

Best??

I have lived in WV for most of my life and we have a pretty fair coon population here in North Cen WV. Treeing coon doesn't seem to be a problem but the terrain is nearly impossible to maneuver. When I was younger it didn't bother me as much, even when our coon were scarce, but now, WOW! I've hunted our surrounding states and have treed coon in VA, PA and OH but even they have hills and some big ones at that! I was fortunate enough to have lived in North Cen IN during the fur boom. Absolutely some of the best hunting I ever did! Flat land, corn fields and streams along with beautiful patch woods full of untouched hardwoods. I will admit that the coon population there during the late 70's dropped off quite a bit. I remember going out on opening night and running into out of staters just walking or driving along slowly spotting the edge of the woods for coon. Some didn't even have dogs and the ones that did just used them to catch any coon that were wounded and tried to escape. Anyone that thinks they have it rough hunting, just come down where I hunt for a while and you may change your mind. I know we don't have the worst terrain to hunt but compared to Northern IN, its like going from driving a road wagon and then stepping behind the wheel of a Lamborghini, LOL! You flat landers better count your blessings

Last edited by Ron Moore on 08-20-2019 at 03:44 PM

Old Post 08-20-2019 03:40 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clinewalkers
UKC Forum Member

Ron Moore

Heck I live in southern WV and I drive to north central wv around pennsboro when I can to get in some coon and easier hunting. Lol. Down here in McDowell and Wyoming county you’ll hunt all night to tree a coon or two if you’re lucky. Lol. I’ve got to hunt some flat land in Va and NC and SC and I have to say it’s nice to not have to climb these big rough mountains. If I didn’t love it I’d quit cause our hunting here sucks. I’m just glad I have a farm or two in northern wv to go a few times a year though. Lol

Old Post 08-20-2019 03:59 PM
clinewalkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for clinewalkers Click here to Send clinewalkers a Private Message Click Here to Email clinewalkers Find more posts by clinewalkers Add clinewalkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

Arkansas has some good hunt and some really tough/rough hunting dont seem like much in between. I like hunting the eastern part really well. The flooded public land they have for duck hunting is awesome in summer when it gets dry. Flat as pancake with little standing water in spots. But better take LOTS of skeeter spray and not mind bumping into few snakes. NW Arkansas is steep and deep either goin up or coming down. Only flat ground is in middle of the dirt road.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 08-20-2019 04:51 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

I've watched the hunting in nc change as the years went by... As a kid hunting with my Dad we hunted in the central part of the the state just south of Raleigh. We had several big creeks with huge timber and lots of coons. As long as they didn't cross the creek you could hunt in tennis shoes. You had a bad night if you treed fewer than 10 and almost never went to the same place twice during season. But then things began to change as I reached high school age. DNR introduced 2 critters that changed everything. Deer and beavers... Prior to deer nobody cared where you cut your hound loose until the first deer tracks showed up then came the posted signs gates and cables. Farms my father had hunted for 50 years we were told to stay out. To make matters worse the land was perfect for beavers.. Dam up a 3 ft wide branch and flood a 100 acres. Soon the landowners began to cut timber before beavers killed it and thousands upon thousands of acres of huge hardwoods seem to disappear overnight. Finally came the development push and farm after farm stopped growing tobacco corn and beans and started growing houses instead. I drive back to where I grew up and can barely recognize things these days 😢

Last edited by JB Cobb on 08-21-2019 at 01:40 AM

Old Post 08-21-2019 01:35 AM
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

I will let you know still deer hunters are crazy, along with turkey hunters.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 08-21-2019 02:16 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

Re: Ron Moore

quote:
Originally posted by clinewalkers
Heck I live in southern WV and I drive to north central wv around pennsboro when I can to get in some coon and easier hunting. Lol. Down here in McDowell and Wyoming county you’ll hunt all night to tree a coon or two if you’re lucky. Lol. I’ve got to hunt some flat land in Va and NC and SC and I have to say it’s nice to not have to climb these big rough mountains. If I didn’t love it I’d quit cause our hunting here sucks. I’m just glad I have a farm or two in northern wv to go a few times a year though. Lol

I have hunted down your way a few times and believe me, those are some true mountains down there! Beautiful but nasty hunting terrain! We are loosing hunting territory yearly to housing development and people buying up tracks of land and logging them and posting them for deer hunting. I live up a 4 mile dead end hollow that used to afford me some great hunting on probably 2,000 acres. Now I'm down to probably 500 total acres and you'd better hope you don't get on some posted land. Seems every tree has a posted sign on it with some nasty comments. I still have some great neighbors that let me hunt but it will never be like before.

Old Post 08-21-2019 01:51 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote